Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Bonzo posted:

So how is the return policy on food? My new diet requires me to have protein bars as s snack and I found some that I may like but if I eat one and its awful, can I take the rest back?

You'll be fine on returns as long as you have your receipt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
Yeah I love those protein bars too. They've become my lunch of choice when I'm at work and they go pretty well with coffee.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah i did a doubletake when I read the sign, I dunno if they just mold a pizza shaped object out of grease or something but even cheap poo poo like dominos is less intense than that. Honestly not even that filling either which is why you see people in the food court with two slices all the time. The dogs otoh are actually p reasonble if you get one of the diet drinks with it, like obviously not nutritionally sound but you feel p satisfied with one and it's less than 500.

We put a lot of cheese on those pizzas and the slices you are getting are (as said by someone else) double slices of what you take home. For reference we put 1.5 pounds of cheese on a full cheese pizza and 14 ounces on the others.

Source: I work in a Costco food court

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

binge crotching posted:

I heard that the samples people are all contractors and not employees

Yeah the sample people belong to a company called Club Demonstration Services (CDS) and aren't actually employed by the 'Co.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

Greetings fellow acolytes, PBUC.

Everyone knows those dogs are second to none. So much so I bought them for my 4th of July BBQ.

UNFORTUNATELY, the buns I bought are woefully too small to contain the entire 1/4 lbs of meaty goodness.

Does Costco sell the buns that they use at the food court? Or do they keep those for themselves so that the only proper way to receive the sacrament is live and in person at the food court (and with a free refill, all for only $1.50 plus tax)?

Yes they sell them. Most (if not all) of the stuff we use is stuff we have to buy off of the sales floor.

Try looking for the Schmidt cornmeal topped buns in the pre-packaged bread area.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Xaris posted:

i wonder what less popular items they're replacing are.

aside from dog+pizza staple, we have between 2 different locations:

hot turkey & provolone sandwich $4 - 740 cals
chicken bake $3 - 770s
bbq brisket sandwich $5 - 610 cas
caesar salad $4 - 650 cal

none of those items are particularly good imo. brisket was eh and way too pricy, turkey sandwich really sucked. i dunno about the caeasar salad but lol at ordering that i dont think i ever saw anyone with it

actually i think turkey and caesar salad might be gone now since i dont remember seeing them, at least at my normal loc

My bet is that it's going to be the turkey. The salads usually sell pretty well and can actually keep throughout the day.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Also you can get a cheap giant pizza to eat over the course of a week day.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
Ours was built two years ago and I we have an indoor court.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

RJWaters2 posted:

Can anyone help me decide between the $14 Kirkland vodka and the $20 French Kirkland vodka? For vodka clubs is it worth the "good stuff"?

Buy both and keep the lesser one for mixing when you feel like trash.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
They are still the same and I can't say I like them.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Went to temple today, got a combo pie and a bunch of other stuff. They had pork shoulder butt for 1.99 a pound AND take off $4 at the register. So you know I got a giant hunk of meat. Now I gotta figure out how to cook it properly. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Got a pressure cooker handy?

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Whenever I've got a pork shoulder handy I usually do the following: Quarter the shoulder along the bone, toss it with some sliced onions along with a spice mixture of cumin, coriander, oregano, garlic, dried peppers and some bay leaves. Add a cup or two of whatever liquid you like using (stock, water, beer) and cook that all at high pressure for around 30 minutes.

When it comes out of pressure it should be shreddable (if it isn't then it needs a little more time in the cooker). After shredding I toss it and a little bit of the liquid it cooked in on a sheetpan, top it with a few tablespoons of brown sugar along with some lime juice and pop it all under the broiler for a few minutes.

Serve on tortillas or kaiser rolls (or whatever you have handy that's breadlike)

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

You broke my heart

Considering how the machine at my workplace works that is legit impressive.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
Judging another person's dog is a disgusting thing to do and also everything there made sense to me.

Except the polish part of it because my location doesn't have them. Are they good?

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I bore witness to a blessing today, took a friend to Costco and anointed her with the dog and drink+refill. She got the refill and commented how generous the offerings were! Thank you for hearing my testimony. PBUC

also tried that fruit smoothie for the first time, it was rad but they put ice cream or something on top before blending?

That's an apple and pear puree that it's blended with.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
Yeah if those jugs crumple in just the right way (which isn't all that hard to achieve) they will leak like crazy.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Over There posted:

Should I get my tires from Costco?

If you can get a tire that fits your car they are probably worth it for their warranty alone.

If your tires blow on you they give you a refund based on the % of tread left on them and also give you nitrogen fills and rotations for the life of the tire

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

The Midniter posted:

Hey guy who works at Costco, how do they cook the Italian sausages? Ever since they introduced it I haven't been able to go back to the $1.50 dog and soda (with refill). It's so gloriously juicy and delicious, and the skin always has a nice char to it. Do they cook it under the chain broiler they use for pizzas?

We literally toss them through the pizza oven about one and a half cycles to two cycles through.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Renegret posted:

Shun the unbeliever

Shunnnnnnnn

The deli pizzas suck

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Taima posted:

Hah, no.

A machine-made pizza put on a conveyor belt is not a pizza oven.

Source: I have a pizza oven. The whole point is that it gets really, really hot in order to cook a pizza in under a minute, which also incidentally makes the crust delicous. Not that Costco food court pizza has a crust. It's more like a focaccia bread with toppings, which is fine for its purpose and delicious in its own right for what it is and price point.

If you tried to cook a Costco pizza in an actual pizza oven, it wouldn't work. The temperatures would burn it WELL before you finished cooking the giant piece of dough.

The food court pizza is miraculous for the calorie/dollar ratio, and for that it can be praised. Let's not go insane and start acting like it's good pizza.

It's decent pizza and this is from someone who has to work with it all day. Maybe good for chain pizza.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

poo poo like this makes me want to wipe my rear end (in the bathroom you pervs) with the receipt between checking out and leaving past the receipt checkers. Or at least give them the ole mallrats stink palm.

I think you might be a horrible person.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

jerry seinfel posted:

My costco was pushing executive memberships today but unless they prorate my recently started membership I don't know if it's worth it to do the executive upgrade

There were a bunch of middle managers walking around and I'm worried it's going to get weird there now

They do this for a 3-day period once every month. You basically have nothing to worry about if being pressed by managers to upgrade is something that bothers you.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Taima posted:

cookie stuff

Working around these things as often as I have: I think I have to agree on every point. Costco cookies kind of suck (except for the white chocolate ones).

They are also incredibly caloric for their size and always feels like a day ruiner just having one of the things.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
It'd probably be no different than how we do the salads.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Nooooooooooo costocoooooooo

Why? Why did you get rid of the VERY BERRY FROYO SUNDAE WITH VANILLA CHOCOLATE TWIST

All of it is for the sake of the dogs.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Duck and Cover posted:

Pizza. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0uf5E2cxM It has english captions if you want.

The deli pizza is still trash

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

milkman dad posted:

Had the vanilla / acai mixed frozen yogurt today (I wanted to tip my toes gently in the acai controversy). Honestly, didn't taste that great to me. Maybe I'm not a big acai person but I felt like it tasted like a bunch of flowers. Is that howit's supposed to taste?

Kind of. The acai isn't really worth it without the bowl items.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

I have a question on refill etiquette. Let's say I purchase two hotdogs, one for me and one for someone who only drinks water. Both come with the a soda. Is it uncouth if I get 3 fills of soda, counting the second soda I purchased for my dining partner as an additional refill?

Get as many sodas as you want. You aren't in France.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Mo_Steel posted:

One refill per cup, so he can fill each cup twice and no more. The law must be upheld. :black101:

Get all the drinks. It's soda water and syrup.

Nobody in Costco cares.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Oh poo poo no more chocolate yogurt. They moved to acaii flavor. And I think the vanilla changed recipes.

The vanilla is the same. Did it look more yellow or something?

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Yeah, def more yellow. Tasted normal.

The fill/air mix is off in their machine. You're basically seeing more custard (which is a mild yellow) being dispensed than what should be.

My shop has been having this issue quite a bit since the acai sorbet was introduced.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

therobit posted:

I'm pretty Gotham sure the highest wages and benefits for employees should be on the cooling block long before the onion dispenser if activist investors were running the company.

Also holly hell those dispensers must be a pain in the rear end too clean.

They're actually pretty easy to clean. The worst bit about cleaning them was getting a whiff of the pickled onions that have been sitting in there.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
Keep the receipt and call in to the store to make a complaint.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

belt posted:

What’s the word on Kirkland toilet paper. I’m gonna need some more shortly and buying that much toilet paper is quite a commitment for someone that lives alone.

It's good stuff and almost worth the cost of membership alone.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf posted:

Can someone explain to me why a thread on costco is over 10,000 posts long. Is it because capitalism won, or that costco has such excellent deals. If this is a thread against capitalism then I can understand why it's so long.

cult posting is about 80% of the thread

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

tangy yet delightful posted:

What buns does Jesus buy to serve with Costco 1/4 all beef hot dogs? Because this disciple couldn't find any buns in the church today.

Schmidt Awesome Rolls with a semolina topping or whatever the heck they call them.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

FCKGW posted:

My local Costco just fooled me with their sham yogurt facade

Having worked with those machines: It's really easy to let this happen when dispensing and not really realize it. If someone is just filling without moving the cup (and the flow is less than great) it just kind of ends up like yours did.

It's worth checking your cup if you really care about your frozen yogurt intake or something.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
The only actual mailer with coupons in it, afaik, is the yearly executive member one.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Squashy Nipples posted:

Updates at the Avon MA Costco foodcourt: Onion hopper GONE, Brisket Sandwich GONE, awesome vegan salad, GONE.

The salad is seasonal for some reason and ought to be back after chili weather dies.

The brisket being gone might mean you're getting the cheeseburger which is a pretty alright replacement.

RIP your hopper unless your local crew just lost/broke theirs. Ask for onion cups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Costco closes at 6:00 pm on Saturday. Who knew?

It should be 7pm now until the holiday season is over.