Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fallom posted:

Somebody was actively pulling out so I waited for them before taking their spot. And no I didn’t steal the guy’s spot because he was further down and on the other side of the row which made it even more confusing. Maybe he meant to reverse 50ft and back into it?

And they were texting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This may be a dumb question, but since we're on the subject of Costco parking lots....
Who has the right of way in this intersection
https://goo.gl/maps/ELUUp4eKG8wJoe8X7

Does a car coming from the left have right of way or the car that is coming from the point of view of the camera? I have had a couple close calls going both ways so I just don't know anymore

All cars exiting must yield?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
My Costco has indoor parking for like 500 cars or more, it’s an enormous warehouse. Is that normal? I’ve only been to one lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yeah it’s like a building for some warehouse company that went tits up two years in, Costco swept it up the next year. Let me see if I can find a pic, probably not.

E nm my posting goons could play dox the mod with tineye

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 8, 2019

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

fordham posted:

The Waltham, MA Costco has parking underneath it. It's very tight and there's lots of concrete columns everywhere.

Nah this is cavernous almost spooky, single ground level but three stories high space. Wide parking spots, lane markers,etc. winter loading is a breeze. It was a warehouse so.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hahaha this rules

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FogHelmut posted:

I've only been to about 7 or so.

One

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Where does Costco get their gas? BP? Citgo?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hakimashou posted:

I went to cost company the other day to get some stuff, like 5 things, and some of it I left in the cart and some i put on the checkout conveyor belt.

The cashier just checked out the stuff in the cart but not the stuff on the belt so I was like "stuff on there is also mine" so he had to ring it up and I got 2 receipts!

I got a slice of pizza and then when I was going out the door I gave the recept checker both receipts and explained the situation and she was like "did you get asparagus?" and i pointed to it and was like "yeah there it is" and she said "alright have a nice day!" and I left.

That's my cost company receipt checker story thanks for reading.

This makes no sense. They ignored the stuff in front of them?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hakimashou posted:

The cashier didnt push the button to make the conveyor belt convey the stuff to him and it was still down toward the other end.

As for the receipt checker not seeing the asparagus I dunno, it was on top of some other stuff but it was right there in plain sight.

I made a drawing of what happened

part (1) i have reached the checkout lane, there is a group of people in front of me who have a cart full of stuff but nothing on the conveyor belt. I place some small items (peaches, asparagus) on the conveyor belt at the far end, since I can't move any closer to the cashier because of the people, and leave the large items (TP, other stuff) in the cart.

part (2) the cashier moves my cart up, takes my costco membership card, scans the stuff in the cart, pushes a button, and the credit card reader beeps and I remove my card. He hands me my receipt and my costco membership card and I notice that the conveyor belt was not rolled forward with my other items. I inform him politely and he rings them up too in a seperate transaction (two receipts!).

part (3) I reach the receipt checker at the exit door, I hand her both receipts and explain why I have two. She looks at all the stuff and counts it, then asks whether I got asparagus. The asparagus is on the upper basket/kid seat part of the cart on top of the box of peaches, I point to it and say "yeah its right there" and she bids me a good day and I leave to my parking spot which was really close to the entrance (yeah!) and drive home.

Incredible, I hope you posted this on Costco.com/comments

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Stop spilling colas on your laptops!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TraderStav posted:

Can't believe there's a Costco thread that I've missed for three years. I am an addict and buy nearly everything there. In the last month I've spent a fortune on new furniture and believe I've tipped past 50% of my home being Costco furnished.

(Patio furniture. ottoman not pictured)

(New sectional for Basement entertainment area after children destroyed the old sectional, also Costco)

(Said old sectional, now created for a dedicated Kids area to preserve the new one)

You have a very nice home, congrats. Love the deck/ yard too.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

How do you not notice a 400+ page thread about Costco
:thunk:

User control panel use exclusively

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I’m very involved with ipas, ama.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lol

Anyways wife went to Cos and bought some tires. Good deal, but she didn’t have a hot dog waiting. I was like wtf

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I may have posted this, but tire talk reminded me that Costco couldn’t replace my tires on the 4Runner. Stock 21” rims. Big, but still. I had to go somewhere else.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

StormDrain posted:

21" is a weird size, what year and model is that?

Maybe I’m misremembering 2009 limited

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hasselblad posted:

Why are you in the ‘co thread acting like a raging douche?

He isn’t now, stay on track in this blessed shrine thread please!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JK Fresco posted:

Just reading the articles, they are typical ghetto crimes and only get reported now because of the corona link

What’s a typical ghetto crime jk? Please share with the class.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JK Fresco posted:

Get kicked out of club/store, go get a gun, come back and shoot the bouncer

This is exclusive to,race, ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Manuel Calavera posted:

Well golly that's a telling wor-
Wait you've not even been on SA a year let's take a look at the ol rap sh-
That's impressive. Who are you a re-reg of?

We know who they are, just enjoy their absence and report when they start up again with the bs.

Thanks!

Costco in my area started requiring masks, this week... better late than never I guess.