Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Darchangel posted:

There are certain aspects of living in a pandemic that I enjoyed. Not having to elbow idiots out of the way is one of the few, particularly for me as someone who has mild social anxiety (such a polite way to say "I don't like people"!)

I’ve pretty much stopped having any shame about minor fender benders with people who obviously aren’t even remotely paying any attention to anything around them.

The entry gates are the worst, you get someone stopped to ask the attendant something with their cart blocking half the gate and then someone gets a foot past the threshold and stops and blocks the other half of the gate and I’m looking at the attendant to see whether they see my ID and then put it away, so I don’t notice the person stopped and they get a cart rammed up the back of their foot.

I do my best but sometimes poo poo happens when you do stupid stuff like that and I end up bumping someone like once a year or something because they do something stupid and I don’t see it in time. Have some situational loving awareness and the decency to not block the gate, there’s always like four other carts behind me too, it’s blatantly obvious that it’s a terrible place to stop and they do it anyway.

I bumped one lady and immediately apologized but that wasn’t good enough, so Karen screamed at me “that HURT!!!” and at that point I just shot back “then next time don’t stop in the doorway” and pushed on and she started to whine to the gate attendant like they were gonna call the cops on me or something because some Karen got her foot bumped.

Pretty routinely see people who are wandering back and forth taking the whole aisle and walking super slow and I’ll start to nudge past them as they wander one way and they’ll get a startle as they wander back and oh hey there’s a cart! Like, have some loving situational awareness, I always do my best to make sure I’m not blocking anyone else as much as possible.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I cut it into chops and sous vide and sear it in ghee. It really is almost as good as steak, for $10/lb less. Sometimes they even do $5 off the package so its even cheaper. Lately I've been cutting it up into smaller pieces and using it in burrito filling as well.

Recipe?

What’s your recipe for the burrito filling? Or just throw in some taco seasoning and cook it in a pan?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

large hands posted:

Yeah I've gotten 2 or 3 recall phone calls/emails from Costco over the years so I've probably bought tons of poo poo from other stores that I wound up using without ever knowing it had been recalled

Getting to return a half-drank bottle of Kirkland Gin because it “failed to meet quality standards” :pcgaming:

… then not having any available on shelves for a year because of quality standards :argh:

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Soul Dentist posted:

As far as I can tell they found a new supplier and it's available and good again :shrug:

it's never come back to one of the stores near me, the other one does carry it tho

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
what should I make with the sous vide pork belly? tacos and miso-glazed were the two things that came to mind