Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I got my executive membership cash back reward thingy in the mail and it's less than the difference between the non executive membership. Are there any other benefits or should I downgrade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Thanks, will do.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

This thread is more effective at advertising than anything else. Bought some normandy veggies last night and am excited about cooking them.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Name him Kirk

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Well clearly Kirk is the first name with Land being the middle. Or you could do With and Refill

Delivery person: "We're gonna need your Kirk Land signature on this."

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Oranjello and La-a in 3 2 1...

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Toto makes a portable washlet

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

The Dregs posted:

I wish I knew how to do that crust so i could make chicken bakes at home. They rule. I like to order one with a mocha freeze thing and then listen to my kids complain about dadfarts.

Chicken bakes are gross but if you want them at home they have boxes of them in the freezer section.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Fallom posted:

that's not spaghetti!?

If it was spaghetti and chicken in bread it would be good.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Grem posted:

Chicken bake sounds good but heated up Caesar salad dressing kinda turns me off

It is specifically what makes it bad.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Peachfart posted:

Best ramen bowls are the ones in the freezer section with real veggies and meat, so so good.

This is the truth. We always keep a few boxes in the freezer.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Toilet paper should just be for drying your freshly bidet'd rear end, so any brand is fine.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

fordham posted:

I've been thinking about taking the bidet plunge, but the current one at my Costco (Dedham, MA) is over $200. As generous as Costco's return policy is, that's a line I'd rather not have to cross.

Do we know if the one they are currently stocking is worth it?

Toto or no no

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

False. Heated seats matter, you just don't know any better.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Vakal posted:

I feel that no matter how much pressure the water jets and air blowers have, you are still giving yourself a 'fact finding' wipe just to make sure nothing is left.

Maybe for the first week. After that it's just a single drying wipe.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Re: water pressure. One thing I learned in Japan is that, on a 1-5 scale, a Japanese 1 is like a US 4.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Maybe not as exciting as pizza, but kudos to those who recommended roasting the Normandy vegetables. I stuck them in the oven with salt/pepper/olive oil at 500 degrees until they got nice and caramelized, then just stood over the pan picking out out and eating pieces of nice browned cauliflower/carrot/broccoli.

Getting me to snack on vegetables: pbuc

Just did this. Good lord it was great.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

priznat posted:

No like the meat filling in the hot dog casing. Just hook it up and inject into mouth until it starts coming out ur nose

Nose if you're lucky

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I went a few nights ago and got two of the winix air purifiers, on sale for $99 each. They have some kind of automatic air quality sensor that handles the settings. I farted in front of it and it kicked into high gear so I guess it works pretty well.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Ultraklystron posted:

the Kirkland Costco

I really need to buy some Kirkland in Kirkland.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

The whole point of costco is to spend a little bit more money up front for long term gains so maybe instead of talking about crazy gas prices go buy a small used short range electric as an auxiliary car that will probably handle most of your driving needs with far smaller fueling/maintenance costs. We have two cars but the one we use most is the $10k Spark EV which goes 75-80 miles per charge and we plug it in once or twice a week. With the back seat folded down it works well even for trips to the 'stco. Not everyone can make it work, but you might be surprised how many can.

Join us in the EV thread if you want to learn more!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

My brother did it and got a $700 costco card as part of the deal.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I eyeball my broc like I eyeball my mens mediums shirts. Which for some reason always say XXXL on them. IDK WHY.

Maybe they ended up at costco because they messed up the label at a factory and they know costco customers will accept flaws in the name of getting a deal?

That's like costco in a nutshell. It won't be exactly what you want, but it'll be priced to get you to accept that.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Costco doesn’t sell odds/2nds at all though? 🥺

It was a guess as to why they would have mediums marked as xxxl but I missed that it was a joke and not actually mislabeled product.

The other part of my statement was about my personal experience with them tending to have things that aren't what I would normally buy, but might be good enough since it's a deal, like not having the good belvita flavor (blueberry).

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Tell me more about ham in a box

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Jamon serrano is some of the best in the world and $100 is an extremely fair price. Do you have specific questions?

Why is it so expensive and in a box? What makes it different from cheaper supermarket ham?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Posting from costco. Saw the ham, ate a dog, bought more normandy blend.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

Impulse buy was...

The four pack of frozen cheese pizzas for $6. We got out for less than $80 total.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

A pallet of denim jackets

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

The Scientist posted:

Ginormous Rocket update:

:flaccid:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Feed us to who?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Just went to a costco business center and now I want to build a convenience store.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Went to costco to get cookout food. Had a free sample of some tetons jalapeno and cheddar bratwurst and ended up buying some. It was very good. The sample lady gave me an extra sample for actually buying it.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

SpannerX posted:

PBUC, ACAB.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Hello from Costco. I will be here for the next hour and a half while I get new tires.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

$20, not yet. I'll shop after my car's ready so I don't have cold stuff get hot. Waiting on a free sample of Morton's tri-tip.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Just ate a dog, gonna go shop.

Ketchup, non-deli mustard, and onions.

It was actually my first time using the onion machine.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Warbird posted:

Has anyone seen moon cakes are their Costco? The wife seems convinced that they cary them in some locations but I’ve been unable to find any.

Yeah I saw them at my Costco. Wasn't sure what they were. They were in a tin box on an endcap. South of Seattle, PM for exact location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Warbird posted:

We’re east coast, but thanks. Do you recall the name they were using? I haven’t had much luck pulling anything up in the app.

I googled "mooncakes costco" and found this link: http://costcocouple.com/kam-wah-moon-cakes-2015/

90% sure it was the ones pictured.