Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Can't believe there's a Costco thread that I've missed for three years. I am an addict and buy nearly everything there. In the last month I've spent a fortune on new furniture and believe I've tipped past 50% of my home being Costco furnished.

(Patio furniture. ottoman not pictured)

(New sectional for Basement entertainment area after children destroyed the old sectional, also Costco)

(Said old sectional, now created for a dedicated Kids area to preserve the new one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

You have a very nice home, congrats. Love the deck/ yard too.

Thank you, it's been a long ten year progression. Just have to resurface our floors in the kitchen and replace the countertops and we're done. The basement (pictured above) is what the previous homeowners did so probably due for a carpet refresh at some point.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

User control panel use exclusively

Also never coming into GBS.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

The line I always drop when someone is heading over to Costco is to ask them to pick me up a four-pack of Pianos. Our a three-pack of lawnmowers.

It always gives a good chuckle. Then one day I was there and they actually had a Piano out on display and for sale.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

binge crotching posted:

That 27" sounds nice, but I could never fit two of them onto my desk. Clearly I need to get a new bulk sized desk at Costco.

Or a 2-pack of standard size!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

There isnt a costco neat me so we do bulk shopping at sams

*thread tries to avoid eye contact like Iím a bum asking for change*

That's acceptable. It's the folks who have a choice and prefer Sams that are part of the Untouchables caste.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Taima posted:

What is up with the angles here? Everything in the room is designed to center on the corner TV console but it's empty and then the TV is just stuck off to the side. That's real weird.

Also please make your wall hangings symmetric, cmon man. I'm getting majorly triggered over here.

e: wait is that just a loving random-rear end picture frame above the right side of the TV for no reason? Did you just throw darts at the wall and put TVs and picture frames wherever the darts landed

Basement was designed by the prior homeowner sometime in the late 90s/early 2000s, so it WAS designed for the corner unit, which is no longer used. I intend to replace that at some point with something, but am too lazy and/or have other priorities.

The picture is shot with the panoramic so things are a bit funky with perspective, but there are symmetrical frames around the TV.

The room works when you're in it, c'mon over for a beer and you'll appreciate it. Not the best angle for the overall feel.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Taima posted:

I'm just playing man sorry. Just riffin'. You have a sweeet house.

Offer still stands for a beer, if you're ever in the greater Detroit / Ann Arbor area.

We can even go to our local Costco!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Gravitee posted:

Which Costco do you go to? I'm a Commerce person myself.

Iím in South Lyon, so my home Costco is the Green Oak / Brighton one. I will hit the Livonia or Haggerty one on the way home from work (Detroit) from time to time. The Haggerty one is bonkers and hate stepping foot in there.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Sirotan posted:

drat, you got me excited for an Ann Arbor Costco meetup for a second there too.

I used to go the Jackson road one for a cheap lunch from time to time when I work on Main Street. I'm not above the trek to A2.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

canyoneer posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/askcarsales/comments/b2cpc7/costco_auto_program/

My parents used it years ago. They had a good experience.
The gist is that you'll always get a decent to good price, but if you're Mr Deals you can probably do better dealing directly with the dealership.

I'll take decent to good to never have to set foot in a dealership, just gently caress those guys.

Are you able to apply manufacturer employee discounts through the Costco purchase program? I live in Michigan, so we're drowning in those extra discount options.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Trastion posted:

Anyone know anything about the TCL 75" that Coscto has (cant find on website) in store for $799?

I have the 43" 4K and it's good for what it is. Built in Roku is very nice and the picture quality looks really good for the price I paid.

I can't speak to how it competes with other 75" 4K TVs it would be matching up against, but I suspect that if you're looking for a huge 4K TV on the cheap, it's very good on its own.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

$600 day at Costco today. Included my annual executive membership renewal, so a bit exaggerated.

They brought their a game today on samples. Two per aisle! The tangerine juice was excellent. Instant buy.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Their furniture is really well packed and easily set up, I think the white glove treatment may not be worthwhile. I just bought a sectional and a patio furniture set, easy peasy set up.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

canyoneer posted:

For me it was pull out of box, twist on the screw-on feet for the couches, done. No tools or anything weird.

The hardest part is getting the cardboard out to the curb. So if that tells you anything.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

spacebard posted:

Went to Costco for a bunch of stuff, but something was different:

:siren:

:siren:

I felt proud as I turned the handle to dispense the onions onto my hot dog for the first time. PBUC.

Asking for onions every time did work.

This thing is awesome.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Quite frankly, if it's not my Aunt Marge's pumpkin pie, it's poo poo. :colbert:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Whenever a friend or employee has a death in the family I include one of those chicken pot pies in my care package. Feeds a thousand people, is stupid simple to make, and is delicious and comforting.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Inspector 34 posted:

Ugh, now just gotta wait for someone I know to die so I can comfort the grieving family

This, but unironically. Be ready to take good care of those around you when the real bad poo poo hits and you're unaffected.

Also those Rice Krispie treat boxes are gold.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

We have a place in Michigan (Grand Traverse Pie Company) that makes an amazing four-berry pie with a crumble crust that is just outstanding.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Heading to church on the way home from work today to pick up an AppleTV. What's the return period for this? 90 days? Don't want to get buggered if they announce a new one next month.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Argyle posted:

It's either 90 days, or the standard lifetime policy. The 90 day limit applies to electronics, but they only specify "Televisions, Tuner-Free Displays, Projectors, Major Appliances (refrigerators above 10 cu. ft., freezers, ranges, cooktops, over-the-range microwaves, dishwashers, washers and dryers), Computers, Touchscreen Tablets, Smart Watches, Cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), Camcorders, MP3 players and Cellular Phones". No mention of streaming boxes like AppleTV or Roku.

After you buy it, you may want to check with guest services for clarification. But 90 days will, obviously, carry you into next month.

Cheers, thanks! Spent another $150 on top, couldn't resist the Sherpa blanket.

Got the mocha without syrup. Pro move

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Tim Whatley posted:

Halloween candy season. My neighborhood goes insanely hard and I need at least ten bags. Also all the adults sit outside drinking liquor and it owns PBUC

Are you in my neighborhood?

Every house has two tables. One with a candy bowl for the kids and the other with shots or beers for the parents.

I always take November 1 off.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Dropped 5 bills today at the church. Got myself a new LaZBoy computer chair (long over due, 15 years since I had a new one and it was a lovely office Max special). Picked up a really warm Sherpa hoodie for $16 and it kept me real toasty at my son's soccer game in 40 degree weather with high winds.

PBUC

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Renegret posted:

I got the same one a few months ago.

It's fine. Better than the previous one I got from staples for about the same price. There's better chairs to be had but if you're like me and had no time or energy to do your research and shop around, it gets the job done. Though I haven't had it long enough to see if it withstands the test of time, which is usually where the problem lies in those kinds of chairs.

e: the real problem I have with it is that I bought 3rd party hardwood safe wheels. Turns out the room isn't level and the wheels are extremely low friction, so the chair loves rolling away at the worst times. But that's not the chair's fault.

It's a good chair for me. I don't sit it in a lot, maybe a few hours a week max. I also have carpet so don't have the issues you're describing.

I also don't want to be assed for researching and shopping, as you described! Spot on.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

The Midniter posted:

Decided to give the Costco pot pie another chance after being awfully disappointed in one I bought about a decade ago.

Trip report: it's good.

Damned straight OP

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

ranbo das posted:

Peace be upon costco

I've been saying

Praise be upon Costco

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

DiggityDoink posted:

which version of the sherpa blanket is the good one? i seem to remember someone saying there were two brands and one wasn't that good.

is this the good one?

Posting from underneath it right now. It's great. I have the queen

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Throw that pesto on some gnocchi and you got yourself a terrific dinner!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

My boss complains that he can never find smalls. I gotta dig for mediums but usually they're there. Southeast Michigan, just LOL if you think that the SE US has a monopoly on fatties.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

number 1 snake fan posted:

Holy poo poo this feta is incredible.

I bought it because it's actually made from sheep's milk and it comes in brine so it doesn't go bad before i can use it :pray:

Hell yeah

As a Greek, this is the only Feta I can find that has flavor but doesnít taste like poo poo in the US. Itís incredible, I actually just cut off pieces and eat them randomly throughout the day.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

What's up, randomly-gnaws-on-block-of-feta buddy?

Life is good buddy. Throw a little olive oil (Kirkland naturally) and some oregano on it. Maybe squeeze a little fresh lemon on it. So tasty.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

They have what they call a Sherpa hoodie now. It's pile-lined fleece but it is 20 bucks and warm as hell and i am probably not taking this off again until April.

Also got a pair of $40 snow pants and some potato salad. Blessed be.

I have it and its amazing. Been using it as a Winter coat in 10-20 degree weather and it's like a furnace.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Last time I was there I found one of the chicken pot pies. Holy poo poo those things are huge. It was like $18 and could have given me dinner for 3-5 days.

The chicken pot pies are the best and as Iíve said time and time again, whenever someone you know has a death in the family buy one of those bad boys so they can feed an army of people absolutely delicious food with no thinking preparation.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Finally broke down and ordered the bidet, it's the last day of the sale. I haven't told my wife yet and we've never discussed the idea. I think she'll laugh at me.

No plug in the bathroom, so will need to run an extension cord until I determine that it's going to work for me then I'll install an outlet.

I have weird American shame/anxiety about buying this thing that I've never tried but by god everyone swears by it. Hilariously enough, this is the comment on the slickdeals thread that sold me on it:

quote:

Think of it this way, if some mud splats on your driveway, are you going to spray it off with water? Or are you going to try and 'wipe' it up with paper towels? Whomever cleans it up by spraying water will be done, with a squeaky clean driveway, and on to bigger and better things. While the paper towel people will be stuck using more and more paper and will never get it fully cleaned off.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I think I can sell my wife on the seat warmer alone, so even if she doesn't jump onto the bidet train she'll get some value out of it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Skrill.exe posted:

If you're not running it to a GFCI outlet then make sure you get an extension cord with a GFCI feature on it. Should run you like $20.

Or be killed by your own bidet. Your call.

I should be able to tap into the light switch and put an outlet in off of that, right? Think that will reduce the work involved greatly if so. Should be able to minimally impact drywall and such if so.

But duly noted regardless.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Going to finish that pie by myself before Thursday.

PBUC

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Pie crust must be toasted before it's good.

Tell me more, are you suggesting that I put this back in the oven at some point? Or take a creme brulee torch to the crust?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Oven. The moisture from the pie leaks into the crust after A-day or 2. It ends up getting pretty mushy and gross, but if you throw it in the oven it'll crisp it right up.

Ok. Let's get detailed here. I don't plan to eat this all in one sitting. For each piece that I cut, I should pop that piece in the oven. At what, 350 for 10?

By the way, excellent gang tag.