Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
When I was there the other day I thought about that Christmas ham that y’all had. Would be perfect right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I'm planning to go tomorrow for some non essentials. Double up on detergent, fabric softener, olive oil, etc. hope to catch the things the other co was out of like strawberry jelly and Cheezits.

If they're really full on supply maybe be a dick and buy one of the short freezers and fifty pounds of frozen chicken.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I see that we have an optimist among us.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

I’m here right now. They’re only selling hot dogs and plain pizza. Pizza only by the whole pie, no slices.

Most condiments for the dogs missing. Just ketchup and mustard.

Definitely end of days

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I need to google how to make fritatas, marvelous.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I miss samples.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Did my monthly trip to Church today. $966. $150 on bourbon and $150 on various household things like fans and detergent.

Add $3 for two communions.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

GORDON posted:

I feel like for every 2 hundo you spend, a loving communion should be assumed and provided for free.

A certain kind of person would see $197 in their cart and decide to spend $24 more dollars on another box of protein shakes just to get that free dog.

I do think that a $1.50 / $200 is a fair exchange rate.

By the by, our local Costco needs to step up its game. There's a massive Cheez-it shortage here for multiple months. Have to settle for the individual snack bags. This is not good.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

I HAD A COSTCO HOTDOG AND SODA BEVERAGE TODAY

THAT IS ALL

So did I!

Schadenboner posted:

DID YOU GET THE FREE REFILL?

My church isn’t allowing refills at all.

Chinatown posted:

What is the situation with the condiments?

Ketchup and/or mustard on request upon receiving communion.

mds2 posted:

Why does Costco not have lids for sodas? Drives me nuts. I’m very spill prone.

Mine had lids.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I already make really good steaks but damned if that doesn’t make me want to learn more about sous vide.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Hit my record Costco rebate this year.

$379

I didn't realize that the Travel factored into it. Took my family to Hawaii two weeks before COVID lockdown. Even aside from that I must've spent a shitload in the last year.

PBUC, will repeat

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I just realized that the cashier charged me for three ceiling lights when I bought two. What kind of issue should I expect to encounter when I go to the counter since I have no proof that I didn't buy three?

I'm a fantastic customer in terms of sales if that's helps.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

They'll have your receipt on file by the next day I think.

Thanks, the issue isn't that I don't have the receipt, I have it right here. But they charged me for three items when I only actually had two in the cart.

I do believe this.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Hed posted:

I used to sell bidets online. Hard to go wrong with the Swash 1000 or BioBidet BB-2000. If you don’t have an elongated bowl I would definitely spend the $120 and upgrade your toilet before getting a bidet seat / washlet.

I did exactly this after a day with it on the round bowl. It takes up too much space and forces you to sit really close to the edge. For ladies it's probably fine.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Just picked up the Klipsch computer speakers. Getting tired of my nearly 20 years old Bose ones. If not, it is Costco and back they go.

Also picked up the Sous Vide they're selling. Gave it right to my wire to put under the tree with my name on it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

fizzymercy posted:

The healthcare workers skip the line thing is interesting. I'm supposed to be able to use my hospital ID to skip the line but I'm scared to try it cause just clean the kitchens and break areas. I'm always afraid I'll show them my ID and they'll laugh at me for being a janitor and wanting to skip the line. Also I kind of like standing in line because you really get to have fabulously weird conversations with people that way.

I tried a pumpkin pie and hated it a lot. The one I got was utterly flavorless and the crust was soggy even after I put it through the oven. Did I get a bad pie, or are they usually very bland and under-spiced?

Always put it back in the oven for 10 minutes or so at 450 to finish the job.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

StormDrain posted:

I've only had good experience with tires there. They do what I ask, call if they need authorization for more work, and hold appointments. They also took care of me for a tire repair and rotations are included, they didn't hassle me about the frequency or anything. Of course I run two sets of tires anyway so the seasonal swap and rotations line up pretty well.

I have gotten discounts or markdowns at other tire shops but I get they don't do that. Seems weird to mark that as a complaint that a corporation won't haggle with you.

Plus it seems like every brand goes on sale every other month so if they have a tire you like it can be had for a good price.

Also got my tires at Costco and can only speak their praises. Bought them in 2017 and had a slow leak. Made an appointment and brought the car in, my wheels were corroding the valve stems and $3 later I was out the door fixed. The warranty they provide is top notch.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Holy smokes that's strange

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Tezer posted:

I have winter tires (on rims) that I put on for snow season. Last time I needed new all weather tires I bought them at Costco, everything went fine, they put my winter tires in the back. The next fall I make an appointment to have my tires swapped and learned when they got my car into the bay that they would not put the winter tires on because I didn't buy them from Costco.

I told them I understood it wouldn't be free or anything, but I needed them swapped and I wasn't ready to buy new winter tires. Nope, there was no price I could pay to have them put the winter tires on.

Just a really weird restriction, essentially if you don't buy eight tires from them at once you can't use their tire shop for seasonal swaps. The rep said it was a new rule in 2019 or something.

Also, they don't even stock tires for my van at all.

Are you saying they stored them for you in back too? Or meaning in the back of your car?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Thanks, thought for a moment there was some second set of tire storage service church offered that I wasn't aware of! I have limited garage space so that would have been very attractive to me.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Hey all, anyone here ever use the Costco mortgage services? I'm in the market for a new home so of course I'd consider using the church to which I belong, if it makes sense. Any feedback on the service to provide? Looks like it just may be a platform to other online banks, but unclear what value the Costco edge brings to it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Thwomp posted:

Like the car buying service, it’ll get you a pretty good rate/discount with no fuss. They’ll cut some servicing fees just because you’re a Costco member and the rate is usually pretty good.

That said, you can do better doing all the work/research yourself. It’s just a matter of personal preference. Your future mortgage will likely be sold to a major bank shortly afterwords anyways.

Thanks, I traditionally use a broker so have pinged them to get started. Will consider giving it a try, appreciate the background!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Scarodactyl posted:

These kirkland mixed nuts are great but I wish they had more pecans.

I must've gotten all your pecans. Mind is drowning in them. I want more macadamia damnit.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Shwqa posted:

I got the Samsung Galaxy Tablet A this week for $100. 64 GBs of storage is just nuts. https://www.costco.com/samsung-galaxy-8%22-tab-a-wi-fi-tablet-32gb---silver---includes-bonus-32gb-microsd-card.product.100511016.html

It has been pretty nice. I mostly use it to watch videos while working or doing chores. It has lasted 8+ hours on a single charge. I got it on Thursday and I'm still on my first charge. It also decent enough to play hearthstone which is a pretty big resource hog so I imagine it can handle most applications.

Hey Shwqa, Happy Birthday!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Renegret posted:

It's just another store like Costco/Sam's Club.

I've never been to Sam's club but BJ's is fine. They have a better selection of name brand items and you have more options for specific goods, but overall there's less variety, if that makes any sense?

When I walk to isles of Costco, I end up filling my cart with way too many impulse purchases of poo poo I've never seen before but looks good. BJ's just doesn't do that to me. But can buy things like ring dings, and have different choices between brands of peanut butter, three different choices of flavor for babybel cheeses, and there's a Deli section which is cool. You want diapers? Pampers, Huggies, and Luvs, in every size, and multiple brands of wipes. But you're not going to walk down the freezer isle like a kid in a candy store buying random poo poo that looks good, you have what you would expect to find in a grocery store in bigger quantities.

Bakery sucks rear end too.

Sounds loving terrible. Costco chooses what I will like and I comply happily.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Hey all, was at my local church today and found they had a lot of great things for the house on display. I just bought a house and moving in next month so it was destiny. Picked up this really nice wicker chair set that'll be in my sunroom, some new LED lights to replace some nasty fluorescents in the kitchen and a few other odds and ends. I'm planning on replacing all of the toilets in my house and hey have this Kohler on sale for $150 (see below) but I know gently caress-all about whether it's a good one or not. I mean, it has a dude flexing next to the words POWERFUL FLUSH, so that should be a good thing. All I know is that I'm transferring my bidet seat onto one of them on day one.

Also, any input on the garbage disposal they have for sale for $80? For some reason the previous owners took it out so I'll need to get a new one in. I usually try Costco but with a few impulse purchases I'm hoping that I can check these things off of my crazy busy moving schedule.

Thanks in advance for any input you have on the shitter and the garbage disposal!

PBUC

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Thanks for the input guys, gonna pass on those Kohlers. I have a nine year old that routinely shits out pop can sizes and need something that can hang.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

KakerMix posted:

gently caress samples.
They allow the worst people at Costco to affect everyone else in an asymmetric way.
You ever hear some old white dude immediately just start yelling "SHES STEALING MY CART, SHES STEALING MY CART"? I have, because my wife dared to move his cart he just left in the middle of the goddamn aisle, sideways, for a sample 10 feet away.

Costco rules, their customers in my very white, old area are poo poo from a butt.

I've never had a negative experience with samples, the hate always confuses me. I get a snack and it's all good. Maybe my area is more respectful about their carts.

That being said, I'm moving Costco's in a month so may be singing a different tune when they return.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

El Jebus posted:

I've never had a negative experience with samples, only with the people crowding the sample areas and causing log jams. I just want to get by and grab my box of CTC and there are 30 people standing around trying an Oreo like it is the first time they've ever heard of a cookie.

Yeah, still haven't had that happen. I can see how that would suck if it occurred frequently.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

Kirkland Signature Golden Margarita ready-to-drink is fuckin' good. I legit fixed my ice maker just to enjoy the poo poo out of this bottle.

It's excellent.

Pick up some blue curaçao and put a splash in.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Bit of a longshot, but not sure how get this question answered. Saw this sectional hit my email today with a 15% costco card and am in the market for something just like this BUT need to swap the chaise so it's on the right hand side when sitting rather than the left hand.

Does anyone know if this can have its configuration changed, or know who I can contact to find out? Searching the item shows up with nothing on the Barcalounger page itself or anywhere but costco.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.costco.com/.product.1518057.html?&EMID=B2C_2021_1214_DecQR

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Jingleheimer posted:

If it's possible at all, I would say you'd have to contact Barcalounger about it, I doubt Costco would be able to help you with that. They have what they have and that's it. If Barcalounger can help you, you would probably have to go through a huge hassle of buying it from Costco and then sending Barcalounger the pieces you don't need and they send you back the right ones.

Hopefully I'm wrong about that and there is a much simpler solution. You probably need to call customer service with both companies and see if they can accommodate you.

I should have been a better adult and think to just shoot their customer support a message with the link to Costco. They responded back very quickly that it is not interchangeable. Very helpful!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

EPICAC posted:

Isn’t modularity the whole point of sectionals? We just bought one (ETA 6 months thanks to supply chain bullshit), and could configure it in a ton of different ways.

I think another major application of sectionals are to get them into basements or floors with difficult/impossible stairs to get down.

This particular one has those storage boxes attached to each side. Would have been MUCH better to make those detachable and then you could go hog wild with any configuration.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

We have a bougie Costco in SE MI, located in Bloomfield Hills. It's got a lot of the fancy poo poo and it's never terribly busy. I absolutely love going to that one, maybe I will go tomorrow for lunch!

For the record, bougie meaning they are have more expensive items stocked in pretty much every area of the store. It was right near my last job and we used to go on lunch all the time

Come over to the Ann Arbor one where you can buy a whole hanging lamb.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

Put you wife in a life vest and tie a rope around her and tow her behind the kayak.

Beer cooler in the second seat. Best configuration right here.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Girl Scout thin mint covered pretzels.

Get them.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Chinatown posted:

anyone stupid enough to go to Costco today?

Was thinking about getting that bourbon and some apples. Should I not OP?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Get it, it's very good!!!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I want to go but am too much enjoying laying on my Costco patio furniture, listening to Dead and company on my Costco purchased Sonos system while I sip on founders solid gold (from Costco) on this absolutely beautiful day. Brought to me mostly by Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

This eggwich sandwiches are my breakfast every day. Quality purchase