Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

just bought some tickets to a local zoo for 50% from costco and they send them to my email.

thanks costco!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

All the costcos by me have the food court outside with seating. Indoors looks so weird to me.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

maniacripper posted:

If a retail employee ever put their hands on me unprovoked I would.....

The cost/benefit analysis of a 1.50 dog and drink+refill changes dramatically if it's 110 degrees outside. Plus it attracts vagabonds and the like.

It's 110 today but I'm still thinking bout them dogs

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Does Costco sell single bbq tools? Like tongs and the brush/scraper thing?

Praise be unto Costco

ya but you gotta buy like 8 tongs at a time

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I never get gas at Costco because the lines are ridiculously long and I'm only saving like 8 cents over my local arco

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I'd save 8 cents filling up at Costco if I only bought 3/4 of a gallon of gas.

i mean 8 cents per gallon, so around $1.50 for a tank.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well, look at it this way. Let's say you're paying on average $2.29 (price around here atm) per week for gas with a 15 gallon tank. Yes gas prices change but if you're saving $0.08 on average then it doesn't matter. Obviously this isn't a scientific study so we're just making this simple.

So, $2.29 for 15 gallons every week. For one year, 52 weeks, you're paying about $1786.20. if you go to Costco you're paying $2.21 per gallon. After a year you would have paid $1723.80.

That's a savings of $63.12. That's about the same cost as a Costco membership. And that doesn't include using the credit card.

Again, Costco pays for itself. :grin:

edit: this is in ideal conditions so the line thing would be a problem. I've only had to wait once before and that was about a minute. But all locations are different of course.

Still not worth waiting in line for 10 minutes twice a week to fill up my tank.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Have you guys just never heard of loss prevention officers who job is to stop and detain people?

At my last retail job they had handcuffs and everything.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

maniacripper posted:

If you are actually breaking the law they can detain you. If you aren't breaking the law and they detain you it's they that are breaking the law.

wrong

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

Costco's margins must be so low they're nearing communist no profit levels, yet has such a capitalist internal doctrine

Just goes to show that compassionate capitalism does communism better than real communism ever could

Costcos margins are actually some of the lowest in retail because they make all their money on memberships.

It's a wonderful business plan.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

slave to my cravings posted:

I'm on vacation on Iceland currently and was actually at the Costco on Thursday and confirm it was crazy. The membership line when I was there was like 300 people deep and growing. Costco had filled its parking lot and was starting to take over the nearby Bonus grocery store and IKEA parking lot.

The Costco itself is pretty similar to the ones in the states with some minor differences. Everything in Iceland is about 2-3 times more expensive than the US. They still have a food court and a gas station. The gas station was about 20 cents cheaper per liter than all the other gas stations in Iceland. We met a retired US army guy that was working as a gas station attendant and he was pretty cool. He moved back a few years ago when he retired because his wife is Icelandic. The food court was pretty good too. It's more expensive than US but still a good deal compared to rest of the island. Iceland has hot dog shacks everywhere that they are proud of but the Costco dog blows them away with 1/4 lb of tube meat goodness. Here is a pic of the food court (100kr = 1 USD)

edit: PBUC

I'm the Pepsi MAX

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bonzo posted:

I make my own kraut at home. Think I could bring it in a baggie and add it myself?

Yes another point in the outdoor food court's favor.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Math You posted:

Yes.

I've loving granted this gift to like 3 goons now and no one has gone. It's downright shameful to pass up such an opportunity

Our city is getting a Costco at the end of the year and you can believe I'll be there opening day.

Also we're getting the first Costco Car Wash in the region!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://www.costco.com/car-wash-service.html

Math You posted:

Not opening day. Evening before opening day!

Believe me, this will be an event for everyone involved!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Super Waffle posted:

just chillin at the 'stco

What time does the fog usually burn off inside your local costco?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

old.flv posted:

does costco carry something I could bring into work for lunch? like some microwaveable bowl or something?

I eat a couple of these a week at work. They're pretty drat good.

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/Hawaiian-Style-Bowl%2C-Teriyaki-Chicken%2C-12.5-oz%2C-6-ct.product.11164782.html

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Count Freebasie posted:

I bought a Squatty Potty two-pack at Costco.

Costco, is there anything you can't do?

You can also buy a regular step stool for $3 at Ikea.

Not a dig at Costco, just not a fan of the squatty potty.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

next time i'm at costco im going to get the chicken bake and cram a costco dog down the middle.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 8, 2017

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

hi i'm a goon and i super duper care about what other people put on their own food that they paid for with their own real money and that i will never eat because i'm a loving child and don't understand that different people like different things

Lol ur broke brain can't see jokes. Sorry my man

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Jfc why hasn't this new Costco by my house starting grading yet I need dem dogs

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bonzo posted:

So how is the return policy on food? My new diet requires me to have protein bars as s snack and I found some that I may like but if I eat one and its awful, can I take the rest back?

By all means please do! If they are indeed awful, and Costco gets enough returns of these awful bars, then they can go back to their supplier and tell them the bars are awful and to make better tasting bars! :)

Returning stuff is your way of communicating to a retail store that something they sell sucks. If you don't return it, they will never know!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Taima posted:

No gently caress you. Didn't you hear? The protein bar was less delicious than a Snickers so it got returned. What about that don't you get? wow, gotta spoon-feed people these days... pretty pathetic honestly, common sense- turns out it ain't so common anymore !

peep this dude being super salty that someone won't just eat the poo poo food that tastes bad lmao

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bonzo posted:

I tried to hold out for a dog tonight but I kept late at work and was soooooo hungry so I stopped at the place around the street from me and got some shawarma poutine.

The dogs will be there when you're ready friend. No worries.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The North Tower posted:

split a pizza slice

what the

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

the slices of pizza are like 700 calories just fyi.

Yeah but you burn double that chugging around the warehouse.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

rezatahs posted:

what exactly are you chugging around the warehouse to burn 1400 calories on a costco trip

my big fat rear end

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

i think yall underestimate how much chugging i do. like when i get chugging, i'm really chugging

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I got sun drunk at the pool yesterday off some kirkland tequila and then had a whole kirkland frozen pizza around 11pm last night. Woke up head hurting but stomach still feeling right. Thanks and praise be to the most high.

Don't let the Costco party stop friend.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

maniacripper posted:

Amazon isn't buying Whole Foods to run Whole Foods, they're buying Whole Foods to take over the grocery business.

???

You kind of need to run the stores you own to take over the grocery business.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 19, 2017

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I never take the samples because I don't want to be one of those people.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bad news friends, our new Costco grand opening was pushed back from late this year to early next. Dogs and car washes will have to wait.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Grem posted:

There are Costco's with car washes?

It's a very exclusive club

https://www.costco.com/car-wash-service.html

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sounds like a win for the outdoor food court.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Mother gently caress my Costco opening got pushed back again, won't open until late 2018, early 2019

They better be planning some sort of spaceship Costco

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Actually Thursday is the worst because that's when the ads hit.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Oh poo poo, the Corona one is by my house. I should seek out this 'burg tomorrow.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BaconCopter posted:

You're gonna post your experience in great detail and photographically as well, right?!

:omarcomin:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Trip status: at Costco. Word must be out because everyone is trying this burg today.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pulled up to the Costco. I don't like shopping here because the whole center is a mess but I had to make the trip.

Outdoor food court and today was over 100 degrees. Still a line out into the street though, something must be good here.

Beef brisket is gone, but we have a newcomer!

AWW YISS

Required 20oz Soda (with refill)

This is seriously a big burger. The plate is your regular dinner plate, so this burger was probably around 6-9 inches wide. And heavy too.

I ate like half of it before I remembered to take some pics of the inside

Pretty simple burger. 1/3lb beef, cheddar cheese, butterhead lettuce, tomato and thousand island dressing.

Verdict: 10/10 would eat again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

You could ask! My burger came out in under 20 seconds so I think they're all precooked.