Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

raise the minimum wage, don't worry it will be fine

*paper that you use to wipe poo poo off your rear end is now 90 dollars*

I'll have you know that it's only...$63USD?! Jesus Christ

Edit: apparently this is in Trinidad so it works out to ~$13.50

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Mar 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Secht posted:

Did anyone use the Co to buy a car? I noticed some service is included with membership and just starting to weigh options.

As a dealer that is part of the Costco Auto Program, it's just convenience. The company Costco contracts with for the auto program asks the dealers for pricing and compares it to a regional benchmark. They just make sure the individual dealer is actually discounting the vehicle and within a certain range of the benchmark pricing.

Dealer controls pricing and you can easily get a lower price by working it between dealers on the phone/email if you've got the time.

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 28, 2019

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

How do they teach millennials to become pushy car salesmen? Is a steeper learning curve for the shyest generation, or are there just some dudes who dont give a gently caress?

I just manage the online sales and digital marketing aspect so I'm not the typical car sales persona. As for the others, some just don't give a gently caress, some are way into the self help poo poo which is the same group as salesmen, and the others just can't afford college and they can make way more money this way.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

A lot of the dealers around me will straight up tell you that they don't email prices. You have to come into the dealership to discuss. So then you can't do this method.

Lol what dumbasses. Seriously the modern shopper wants as little hassle and is going to shop your price regardless. Not giving that price will effectively remove yourself from that list. Just this last week I had a customer negotiating with me completely over text, came in and signed, total time in the store? 30 minutes. It's a rarity but it's happening more and more.

Note, not a luxury brand dealer.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Taima posted:

Gifting a handle of medium shelf liquor seems pretty gauche

Yeah, I'd rather give a bottle of Booker's for around $50-60 than a handle of Knob Creek as a gift.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Anyone had any experiences using the travel portion of Costco? We're thinking of going to Orlando for a family vacation and thought about looking through Costco first.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

belt posted:

I couldn't get beyond the paywall, was Costco #1?

Should be able to open Incognito to get around the paywall unless WaPo/NYT wised up to that finally.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

SirPablo posted:

I think there are three within five miles of my house and I never go to any of them. My heart belongs to Costco (and Fry's).

I'm blessed to have a Costco. Nearest Whole Foods is 240 miles away (same for Trader Joe's) and, more painfully, the nearest Fry's is 320.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

FormatAmerica posted:

Yeah, almost every kirkland liquor is great. The spiced rum used to be really tasty but then they switched bottlers apparently because it's sickly sweet now, very gross.

Cursed here by not having Kirkland liquor at the attached liquor store.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

funny song about politics posted:

Mine (in Texas) is the same way. I can't find Kirkland liquor anywhere at my local Costco

Wondering if it's some Texas law. I know grocery stores can't sell liquor.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

With the 110°F+ heat indexes in South Texas lately these have been life savers for my sales team (car dealer)

PBUC

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

We made an executive decision this weekend as a couple

No we do not have kids

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Best thing about Costco is that all the items you think you remember are located are actually pretty much exactly where you think they are. It's weird.

The recently reorganzied mine a bit and screwed me up. Why are coffee filters next to dog food?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

pacerhimself posted:

Throw me into the fires of Hades, but I rarely, if never, visit the food court because I am an impatient rear end in a top hat who just doesn't want to deal with standing in line for 10 minutes.

I remember going twice in the past 2 years and once was because I was waiting for tire service.

Costco needs to add Food Court ordering to the app

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This may be a dumb question, but since we're on the subject of Costco parking lots....
Who has the right of way in this intersection
https://goo.gl/maps/ELUUp4eKG8wJoe8X7

Does a car coming from the left have right of way or the car that is coming from the point of view of the camera? I have had a couple close calls going both ways so I just don't know anymore

Whoever is in the right, it's right there in the name "right of way"

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Outdoor food court > indoor food court

When your daily average temperature from April to September are all 95°+ and your humidity is always above 60%, I assure you indoor wins.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

wtf is a take and bake

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Xaris posted:

e: also Orlando Studios really sucked when i went in 2001 and was super boring, go to disneyworld instead. maybe its changed but what i've heard its they're mostly doubly down on "'sit in a chair 3d simulators and get shaken around a little bit with a crappy movie tie-in" rides

tbf the only reason to go to Universal is all the Harry Potter poo poo which, if you're into it, is insanely worth it apparently

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

priznat posted:

My Costco renewal is coming up and debating continuing with gold star or going up to executive. We had exec in the past but the money back coupons were a bit of a pain because I’d always forget to bring them. Or even forget to use them if I had them in my wallet all tucked away.

If the app allowed you to use those as well as being the membership card that would be rad.

Any other perks on exec worth it?

How long ago is the past? Because I know they changed the threshold for the money back on Executive at one point in the last couple years. It no longer made sense for us (just me and my gf) to pay the executive membership when we stopped clearing that new requirement.

Edit: Costco is on the other side of town for us and we have HEB which is nearly as good when it comes to deals and employee treatment.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

What's the most you've spent in one visit to the food court?

....$215.42

Providing lunch for our 50 employees in the dealership as well as any possibly hungry customers

PBUC

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

priznat posted:

How fast can they crank out that many pies, I’m curious

No idea, I called a bit after opening for a noon pick up time.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Taima posted:

Costco has $5 off right now when you buy any 2 selected Kirkland brand liquors. That is a crazy insane deal if you are into mixing spirits. $15 a handle for the gin and the blended whiskey. They are basically paying you to drink hooch at that point. And the quality is actually very decent as a mixer.

*cries in Texan*

loving TABC

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

poo poo, I need to strap one of those to my dog to get all the hair before it lands on the floor.

I just have a cheap robot vacuum run every day to take care of pet hair...so much goddamn pet hair

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

priznat posted:

I always wonder about those robo vacs, would they be ok with pet hair if you start off with a vacuumed floor and have to maintain? Or would the output from 2 mid size medium length coat dogs and a long hair cat kill them even still.

We've got 4 indoor cats and a dog that's inside at night. Hasn't killed it yet but we run it and empty it daily and clean out the rotor brush maybe once a week?

I don't think I'd ever spend the extra money to get a WiFi-enabled, Smartphone app controlled ones but the lower end ones have done fine by me. Been especially impressed with the eufy 11S. MSRP is around $230 but you can usually find them on sale in the $170 range.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

So these work with any kind of rug?

I haven't had any problem with it going to deep pile area rug from hardwood and tile. It'll actually increase suction power when it senses it's on carpet.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Renegret posted:

Everyone gives their roombas a name.

Mine is Greg.

Greg, as in, "God Dammit Greg what are you complaining about this time you loving idiot"

Ours is Liam Neeson. He has a particular set of skills and he will find that dust

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

david_a posted:

It would undoubtedly get tangled; it also might not make it over the normal sides.

My eufy hasn't gotten stuck on it but my old iLife has on multiple occasions

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah, I think melatonin is really meant to help you "reset" your normal sleep cycle like if you just travelled overseas a bunch or whatever.

Seconding this and wanting to suggest 5-HTP an hour before your normal bedtime. Valerian root can work with some people; I've had friends swear by it but it's never done much for me.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Counterpoint: the meat from the largest lobsters is comparatively bland and mealy next to those in the small-medium 1-1.5 lb range. This is extra funny because you can charge morons more money for an inferior product because they are impressed by the size.

Not that this has much to do with comparing a ruminant mammal to an insect, just that larger frequently does not equal better.

Completely wrong. Larger lobsters get mealy, tough, and bland because people tend to overestimate cooking time due to their size. Size of the lobster does not affect flavor in a meaningful way

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

Costco not having any small monitors makes me sad, though.

Like, 1440 is complete trash on anything larger than 25" (just like 1080 is for anything over 21.5) but they only have 24" 1080 and 27" 1440.

:sigh:

I uhhh, you do you I guess? There's more to screen size and resolution relationship than pixel density but Costco typically sucks for monitor pricing/selection anyway

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

canyoneer posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/askcarsales/comments/b2cpc7/costco_auto_program/

My parents used it years ago. They had a good experience.
The gist is that you'll always get a decent to good price, but if you're Mr Deals you can probably do better dealing directly with the dealership.

As someone working at a dealership that's part of the Costco program and the administrator of it, you're 100% right.

Though anymore, you don't have to be Mr Deals. Just loving email multiple dealerships and get them to compete on price then go in with minimal hassle.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

shovelbum posted:

I hear the Kirkland champagne isn't very good but I haven't tried it yet, I think I have a bottle at home which should make for at least serviceable French 75s

It's alright, the Prosecco is better.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

My only experience with Kirkland Champagne and Prosecco is drinking it outside in the pool on a hot day which it's perfect for.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

We only had two kids show up and my girlfriend, who loves Halloween was absolutely disappointed

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

priznat posted:

:same: having a good costco booze selection here would be awesome

I wish my Costco sold liquor

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

EVG posted:

My local gym has a toys for tots box that is depressingly empty. Is Costco a good value for new, non-plush toys or would I be better served at a TJ Max or someplace discounted? I don’t have a ton of funds but wanted to prime the pump and hopefully get a few more people guilted into donating.

Some of the best deals I've seen for toy purchases for drives like that are at Walgreens oddly enough.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

canyoneer posted:

They are so good. I got a 10 year old used one for $200 on craigslist and it owns bones.

Can't wait for the door to door vacuum sales guy to come offer me a challenge because my vacuum can beat up his vacuum.

How are you posting from the 1960s?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Going to the church today for Thanksgiving stuff. Wish me luck.

Went yesterday and I've never seen the parking lot so full or had my shins hit by a child piloting a cart. But atleast they had all the registers open?

PBUC (reluctantly)

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I live life on the edge. Plus A turkey takes like 3 days to thaw out. What are you?! My dad>!? Get off my back!

You're supposed to thaw them out?

That may explain the deep fryer accidents every year at our house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

https://twitter.com/GavinVerhey/status/1235611501177622534

:stare: