Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Women get cold easier, my GF got her a Sherpa and her and cat are in love, I started sweating and felt sick, it's not cold enough yet.

I will plan on layering later but end up screwed when she triple layers blankets on the Sherpa in winter somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Did you buy your car with Costco's auto buying program and get Costco insurance for all your insurance needs?

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

I like the udon but I was disappointed in the Pho, I guess if I bought my own toppings and added it it would be ok.
It's basically just rice noodles.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Every time I go I tell them I don’t use self checkout because I prefer people to have jobs and they thank me and then I go check out with my man Jerome.

I can see this at other stores, but I want to believe that Costco would not only pass the savings on to the consumer, but pay their other employees more to compensate.

I work union jobs and they all hate self checkout for that reason.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Taima posted:

Ok but does it really make sense to hate efficiency? If you must hate someone in this scenario, hate the society that penalizes its own workers when new technology is created.

I never said I hated self checkout, but the union mindset is give them an inch and they'll take a mile, also it kinda sucks that instead of having 5-16 lines of great baggers has slimmed down to one line open that sells smokes and a mess at self checkout.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Anyone have experience with;
Louisiana Grills (24-in.) Ceramic Kamado-style Charcoal BBQ Grill

I guess it's about the same (same company) as the pit boss they had a few years ago.

I've been researching kamado grills for a few weeks and it might just be fine to go with $599 instead of $1000-1300 options (kamado joe or big Green egg) or the cheaper $300 ones.

And I know about the Costco kamado joe roadshow, but they are like 2 hrs away.

This grill is like 200-400 less at Costco

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

If you live in Japan like I did for 5 years, hopefully you know that Japanese burgers are rear end because they cut the beef with ground pork to save money

Shameful
That's what my U.S mom did though, because I grew up poor... So nostalgia burgs!

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

Costco by me previously always had ~12 pound strip loins for $5.79 a pound and I'd buy them and cut them 2" thick which is perfect for reverse searing them and then vacuum pack and freeze them but they haven't had them for months and months and now I think I'm getting close to running out (I don't know for sure because there could be some buried in my freezer) what do I do please help me I can't run out of good cheap steak
I work construction and one of my construction buddies happens to have cattle and had a kill date set pre-covid, I got in on that action and got 1/2 a cow, 2 people on my crew bought the other half.

Apparently kill dates are pushed back several months now and I can assure you finding a freezer over 7 cubic foot is hard to come by now.

It's Black Angus and all in it ran me like 3.9 cents a pound but I got some extra bones and all the liver/offal for free maybe? And it's all vac sealed except the burger.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

tangy yet delightful posted:

I was blessed last night with a 14.5 cu ft chest freezer from the church. What are some of your favorite Costco freezer foods to fill it with?
Mine fit a half of cow, not purchased from Costco

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

So I know this was from a few pages ago, but the Costco cold brew canned coffees, the ones with the jaguar face on the can, those were discontinued? Can anyone confirm that?
Seconding the suggestion to make your own, if you want no sediment I'd suggest getting some like .5-1 quart sized or whatever depending cheese reusable cheesecloth bags with drawstrings.

Either pop em in Mason jars or I have a giant fermentation crock I've made giant quantities in. Even old coffee tastes good cold brewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Webers are loving bulletproof and one of the few grill brands worth the price premium.

This Louisiana grill I bought from Costco last year is a piece of poo poo and all of the paint is peeling off. There's a reason why they went back to selling Traeger.
Counterpoint: my 31" kamado style Louisiana grill is doing great.

Seems just as good as big green egg or kamado joe and was like 1/2 the price of those on sale.