Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
XORT RETURNS.

To recap:

- #2 Clemson Clemsons a game to Pitt and loses on a last-second FG (Deshaun Watson sets the ACC passing record with 580 yards)

- #3 Michigan is out-Michiganed by Iowa and goes down on a last-second FG

- #4 Washington gets dominated by USC

- #8 Texas A&M loses to Ole Miss and their newly minted true freshman QB

- #9 Auburn forgets offense is a phase of the game and loses to UGA

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/797659185257312256

Kirk Ferentz will now be signed to a 35 year contract extending past his death.

And if you don't think that's enough, D3 monster Mount Union lost in the regular season for the first time since 2005. They were 222-1 since 1994 in the regular season. This is the first time in 25 years someone else has won the OAC and there's actually a chance Mount will miss the playoffs.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Xort cranked up the chaos engine too hard and hosed up the election

On the plus side, we got fun football

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
gently caress.

That is all. :smith:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
'To' is a preposition, 'Clemson' is a verb.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Also, didn't realize the Huskies were able to Coug it

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

since we lost with all the good teams that means we're good right?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Penn St will move up to 7 or so and now has a legit chance to win the B1G East. yuuuuge winners

gently caress ohio st

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Copying from the GDT because holy poo poo this week owns:

2, 3, 4, 8, 9, all lost.

OU won handily

Texas, A&M, and baylor all lost

a great week of football

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Wait, did ND lose to Army? Cuz that's the only thing that's gonna save this day for me.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
And yet, weirdly enough, all that losing really did was bring Louisville back into the playoff discussion. And of those six teams, every one but Clemson controls their destiny.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Chris Rock looks really, really good for his age

and lol clemson

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
gently caress it, put Colorado in the playoffs at this point. Let's get silly.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
football is loving stupid

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Haha just saw the latest scores...

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

AsInHowe posted:

And yet, weirdly enough, all that losing really did was bring Louisville back into the playoff discussion. And of those six teams, every one but Clemson controls their destiny.

Is putting a 1-loss Dubs in over a 1-loss WVU such an easy decision? People keep on taking about how down the Big 12 is, but the other conferences have been quick to catch up

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

AsInHowe posted:

:confused:

If Clemson wins out, they'll still have the tiebreaker over Louisville

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

go mother loving hawk eyes

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

:confused:

If Clemson wins out, they'll still have the tiebreaker over Louisville

You're right, mind blanked there.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I am so loving happy Michigan lost. Eat poo poo Jim Harbaugh!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Bama

OSU

gently caress it, who cares about 3 and 4.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
and yet kansas still lost

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Scarf posted:

gently caress.

That is all. :smith:

Clemson still controls their own destiny for the playoffs.

On that Vein though, who is gonna win the Big Ten East now?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Crotch Bat posted:

Bama

the winner of Michigan/Ohio State

gently caress it, who cares about 3 and 4.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Thoguh posted:

Michigan is.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hey crotch bat you forgot a certain ranked team losing to an unranked team i wonder why

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Why is no one talking about the biggest upset of the day. Mount Union lost Missouri won a game.

Suck it Commodores, how does it feel to be brought low?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thoguh posted:

I know, and that's the only reason I'm not Nyquil'ing myself into oblivion right now. But there is absolutely no reason that game should have been that close.

Also apparently just tackling someone is "unnecessary roughness" now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

big juicy nectarine posted:

and yet kansas still lost

Sorry. Someone had to be the worst.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
#2, 3 and 4 losing in the same day is loving hilarious. College football is the greatest.

Oh, and Mizzou actually won a game. That's cool. I guess. :geno:

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Just watch as OU stumbles rear end-backwards into the playoff, before losing 80-0 to Bama.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I can't believe GT won today. Our offense was gutted from injuries (and one suspension). We were down our starting QB and our leading rusher. We started 3 freshmen on the OL and I think on of the entire offense, only one senior got playing time today.

Our defense really stepped up. The way they forced so many turnovers reminded me of 2014. The Austin brothers deserve medals. They even got some decent pressure on the QB at times, which is something we've been really lacking all year.

Matthew Jordan's got a lot to work on, but I feel better about a post-Justin Thomas GT now.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 13, 2016

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Michigan losing actually helped the Big 12 because I bet the committee was so ready to do 1 loss OSU and 1 loss Michigan along with Bama and probably Clemson (probably).

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Considering certain events over the last week, it's even sweeter to me that Michigan lost.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
If tOSU beats Michigan and PSU, Mich, and tOSU win out regular season otherwise, PSU advances to the B1G championship against probably Wisconsin. Which means there will be at least 2 B1G teams in contention for the playoff, one not being the conference champion (tOSU.)

I know that the committee has discretion, but what are the odds that they do this vs put Oklahoma in? If Clemson still captures the ACC (LOL VTECH) that puts Louisville and Clemson somewhere up there as well.

This is a loving mess

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Oh and there's no way Oklahoma gets into the playoff over 1 loss tOSU if they keep playing like they did today

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
western Michigan should get one of the four slots. they've beaten big ten teams more handily than um/osu

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Wickerman posted:

Oh and there's no way Oklahoma gets into the playoff over 1 loss tOSU if they keep playing like they did today

Well nobody is except a 0-1 loss Bama. If OSU wins out they're in guaranteed.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
To expand on the point made in the OP, Auburn's offense had one of the most god awful games I have ever witnessed. We knew coming in it was going to be a tough game on account of Pettway being injured, but then it turned out that Shaun White was not even close to healthy again and proceeded to put up the following stat line.

PASSING CP/AT YDS TD INT
S. White 6/20 27 0 1

Keep in mind that a few of those came right at the end of the game when Auburn was desperately trying to push the field on their final drive. For the first half the offense at least moved the ball due to Malzahn's deceptive running game, but once Georgia figured out our quarterback couldn't really throw the ball it was over.

The second half stat line was something like 7 possessions and 21 plays. Every drive was a 3 and out or turnover. It was truly, truly awful to watch and quite discouraging to think about how completely dependent this offense is on two players (which for an offense like Malzhans should be the opposite).

Here's hoping Pettway and White are healthy again in two weeks cause the Iron Bowl is going to be a massacre if they're not.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
The iron bowl will be a massacre no matter what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I was joking with family that in order for Western Michigan to get into the playoff they might need to be the only unbeaten left.

Now do your part, Alabama. We all know you'll still be in the playoff with a loss anyways.

• Locked thread