Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Cool+1 Hard-1 Hot+2 Sharp+1 Weird=0
Harm 0:00 xp 1/5 Barter 1

It's painfully obvious Monsoon is staring. That woman has no sense of subtly. I pretend not to notice. "Lyric? Oh never mind I'll find somewhere." I walk behind a work table and slip my hakama off. I hang it by the waist straps on the tool rack. I stretch and declare, "Finally. I can't stand being in such soaked rags." Pull my butt up onto the table to sit, teasing Monsoon with a glimpse of what she wants. "Oh just let me know if I'm a distraction~ I wouldn't want to interrupt the repairs." I giggle. The attention is fun. Not like the typical slobs that roll through the hide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nil.
Nov 11, 2012



Cool +1 | Hard +0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +2 | Weird -1
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3/5 | Angel Kit: 6/6 | Barter: 1

I'll have to keep an eye on Noah. Even if he thinks he's going to keep to what I told him right now, those things tend to resurface in time. People often know what the smart thing to do is, but, people are still people, and we want things, even though we shouldn't. For now, I'll just have to keep Noah busy, which shouldn't be that difficult with the way things are going. Maya arrives to tell me that we have a customer, and for a moment I think the mess has already started. But I an tell from how Maya says it that it's not someone shot, stabbed, bleeding out, screaming. I nod at her and we go to see our patient.

I let Maya go slightly ahead of me, which gives me a moment to check on my 9mm in the waterproof holster - mostly waterproof - at my side. No need fer her to see that. Sure, the holster makes it hard to draw quickly, but a gun's no use if it's rusted and doesn't work. Besides, I don't need some delirious idiot on my table high on narcostabs and afraid for his life pull my own gun on me while I'm working, telling me I better put his guts back in or else. The patient is a young woman, apparently of the name of Yellow. Not sure I've seen her around. She's nervous, which is usually how people feel when they have to come to me and aren't in screaming pain. After she unwraps the bandages, though, my head is no longer trying to recall where Yellow fits in with Thames, who she's running with, if anyone - my head's entirely focused on what's in front of me, Yellow's changed arm. Right now, I am more intrigued than horrified. I notice Maya gasping, but I'm just looking at it, hand on my chin, trying to measure it with my eyes only for now.

"Haven't seen that before." Which is true. I see concern pass over Yellow's face and Maya's as well, I suppose it would have been reassuring if I said that I'll get it fixed up in now time. Too late now, and it's little use lying about these things so readily. I wave Yellow in. "Well, let me take a look at it." She hesitates, waiting for me, and I give her a nod, indicating one of the barrels for her to sit down on. I roll over one of my own and sit down next to her. Maya's still here, looking at the both of us, and I am about to send her away to continue taking stock - but I reconsider. She should see this. I wave her over.

"Okay, Yellow, right? I need to know a few things." I put on the leather gloves I used earlier this morning to rummage around in Diego's ruined neck. I washed them off, mind, it's not like there's a shortage of water anywhere. My gloved fingers run over Yellow's strange slick skin, then explore the border between the healthy and the symptomatic portion of her arm. "How long has this been going on? How did it start at first, and how quickly did it develop?" I don't look at her, only at the arm for now. Fascinating. It's not just a corruption of the skin, the webbed fingers suggest some sort of influence of something trying to change the arm to some purpose. It might be utterly messing up that purpose, destroying Yellow's arm, but flesh that is just sick and out of control grows differently. "What do you do around Thames, Yellow? Was there anything you did, touched, ate that was different from what you usually do? Before this happened, that is?" Webbed fingers, like frogs, but in a human. It feel like serendipity or confluence with my project with the fungus, of trying to get humans to be able to stay underwater for much longer than they usually can. With these kinds of hands, they could even move like fish...

But I'm getting ahead of myself. All of that is no use if the patient just gets worse, and getting better is what Yellow came here for. Which reminds me that I've been getting ahead of myself in another way as well, just skipping right to taking a look at something that isn't just another gunshot wound. My voice doesn't change compared to when I asked my earlier questions. "It's not something that I can do right away in any case. So..." Finally, I look up at her, hands hanging between my knees. "Best we figure out the particulars of payment now."

Using the infirmary to start a project with Yellow as patient.
What is the nature of Yellow's affliction, how can it be cured, and can it be made useful in a safe-ish way?

nil. fucked around with this message at Nov 17, 2016 around 10:09

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Cool +1 | Hard -2 | Hot-1 | Sharp +2 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1+1/5 | Barter: 6

As we find Spark's home, I look around. The attention we're getting isn't great, but I think we'll be able to handle ourselves. Nobody is coming at us right now anyway, so I'll just focus on what we came here to do.

"Let's take a moment to set up before charging in," I say to Twilight as my eyes scan the area. There should be some place we can hide to get the jump on Sparks as he shows up...

[13:09] <Heliotrope> Read A Sitch
[13:09] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+2
[13:09] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 5+2 = 7
Asking "What's my enemy's true position?"
Marking XP

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cool -1 | Hard +3 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 0:00 | Experience: 1/5 | 1-barter

My hand drummed the handle of my machete. The tension surrounding us was thick. I was confident that I could take anyone down here. The people here were desperate and angry, but unprepared to hunt a pair of hunters. It wasn't a contract, though, so I was fine avoiding unnecessary complications. I would gladly ensure the silence of Sparks and call it a day. Now, did I think it would go so smoothly? Not in the slightest. The scent of blood lingered in my nose.

I called on my instincts, honed by the hunt, to guide me. Would it really be so simple as silencing Sparks? What obstacles might my subconscious have noted?

quote:

[09:29:24] <Tricky> Twilight opens her brain
[09:29:28] <Tricky> !r 2d6+2
[09:29:29] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 3+2 =
5

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Cool +3 | Hard -1 | Hot +2 | Sharp =0 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Exp 1/5 | Barter 2

That tease. I can't help but grin as Inque continues her undressing, it's obvious she knows that I'm watching, and enjoying the show, and if I had any doubts about it, they'd be by the time she puts her hakama-less bottom up on the table for me to appreciate. Which I do. More than just having a nice view, her attitude means I've probably got a chance, she wouldn't be doing this for someone she wasn't somewhat interested in. Not being able to move while Lyric works is really limiting my options here though... "You should just wear less, like me." I'd have snapped the strap on my bikini top right there, but instead have to settle for glancing down at my chest obviously, then at hers. "Dries off faster and isn't as much trouble when it does get wet. Besides, it's a shame to cover-up what you've got. ...All that art."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Cool+1 Hard-1 Hot+2 Sharp+1 Weird=0
Harm 0:00 xp 1/5 Barter 1

I laugh. "The idea is enough to entice. My art is my trade and I can't give too much for free can I?" I pull my leg up onto the table and run my hand down it. "I spent a lot of time on these in particular." I lean back and tilt my head all the way to look at Monsoon upside down. "Do you believe in charity work? You don't seem the type." I roll over and lay down on my chest, resting my chin on my hands and kicking my feet behind me. "I don't wear much more than you for that matter. If it's a good idea for me to wear less why don't you? You clearly don't need cover for whatever it is you do."

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at Nov 17, 2016 around 05:19

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hard =0 | Cool -2 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 0:00 | Experience: 2/5 | 5-barter

I almost could not believe what I am hearing. The screams- they were screaming from being tortured. They were being torn apart, limb by limb, by a small, despicable man, and for what? So that he can please this "brother" of his? He dares- he DARES desecrate The Metal, and bring them unbelievable harm!? I had thought he at least had respect for The Metal, but I was wrong. Unforgivable! Inexcusable!

I stand, motionless, and listen again. Their voice- their song has taken on a different tone. There is a fury, like a raging storm, in them. They are calling for justice.

They are calling for war.

"Lady, Inque," I say, my back still turned to them, "The time of healing must wait." I turn around, a dark expression shadowing my face, "It is now time to bring retribution."

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Nov 17, 2016 around 05:52

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Cool +3 | Hard -1 | Hot +2 | Sharp =0 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Exp 1/5 | Barter 2

I suppose I can't argue with that, not when she's putting on such a display for me. "Anyone can see my work for free, it's getting some of it for themselves that I charge for," ahh, Lyric, if you weren't paying me to stand still, I would certainly moved for a closer look, but as it is, I let out a small, slightly frustrated sigh as I watch Inque. "cover does tend to restrict my movement at work, it's true. But it's always good to have something to take off, if I need to draw the eye. If I could move, I'd show you what you're missing, if you'd like..." But as much as I have a grasp on what I'm doing here, I'm completely lost when it comes to Lyric. And I've had enough of not moving. Turning to face her back, I frown slightly. Retribution? I thought we were talking about fixing the lift? "What's this now?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hard =0 | Cool -2 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 0:00 | Experience: 2/5 | 5-barter

"This," I say, barely able to control the anger boiling inside of me, "Was not an accident. It was sabotage. Bolt," I spit out, "He did this. He was the one who committed this crime. That wicked, evil, SHARK FUCKER!" I yell, my eyes filled with rage, "He must PAY! PAY for what he has done!" I gesture wildly, unable to hold myself back, "Him, and that "brother" of his! He must answer for his crimes against The Metal!" I point at Lady, "I will pay you, double the amount, if you help me dole out punishment to that fuckin bastard whore."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Cool+1 Hard-1 Hot+2 Sharp+1 Weird=0
Harm 0:00 xp 1/5 Barter 1

She does get it of course. She's just suggesting I prance around without anything because she's thirsty as gently caress. Ha! When Monsoon turns to Lyric going off I slip onto my feet behind the table. It was a good distraction for keeping up Monsoon seeing just enough. But having my fun teasing her was a just a game and Lyric is really upset. "Whoa, whoa. Let's not pop a blood vessel." I hurry over to Lyric and smother her in a hug. I whisper in her ear, "Double what exactly? Whatever, it sounds like a lot. How about I help and cover the cost for you? She's been staring at me since I walked over to you to."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hard =0 | Cool -2 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 0:00 | Experience: 2/5 | 5-barter

Inque wraps her arms around me, and I feel the rage inside of me start to die down. I am still angry, but it is not the raging fury that I felt before. I rest my head on her shoulder, and whisper back, "Whatever she wants. Jingle, machines, weapons, food. Whatever it is that will get her to help me bring justice. Or," I lift my head up, and look at my Songbird again, my eyes calm again. I tilt my head, and give her a quizzical look, "...Is there something else she desires? Is she staring because she wishes to have art done on her by you?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Cool+1 Hard-1 Hot+2 Sharp+1 Weird=0
Harm 0:00 xp 1/5 Barter 1

"She does want some time in my studio with me." I flash Lyric a coy smile. After kissing her on the forehead I look to Monsoon. "You make my lady happy and I'll make you happy. Sound good?"

nil.
Nov 11, 2012



Cool +1 | Hard +0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +2 | Weird -1
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3/5 | Angel Kit: 6/6 | Barter: 1

Despite the fact that I should be waiting for what Yellow has to say, that I really shouldn't spend any brain effort on this until I know I can actually work on it, meaning I'll get paid - Yellow's transformation intrigues me enough that I can't help myself. Part of me is thinking about how to get jingle with this even if Yellow can't pay, but another part is working away at the actual, main question: How would I begin to cure or even understand this? It is like nothing I have seen before, it's certainly none of the varieties of fleshrot I know how to cure. I might be able to eventually figure it out, but it'd take time, effort, so much I'd have to reserve a good amount of jingle. For my time lost, for the supplies and equipment I'd need. And, once again, jingle is not something I have anything approaching an abundance of.

I rub my chin with my hand. There might be a way. I need someone knowledgeable, someone with more expertise than me. Or, at least, someone with knowledge I don't have. Since it's clearly not some problem of metal and machinery, that rules out Lyric, and that's when pickings for people that can actually manage to figure out things get slim in Thames. Some of the mad priest of the Outside, some raiders' shaman would of course say they are more knowledgeable, but I can do without their advice. I need something practical.

I heard rumors of a hermit, out in The Jumble. They say he's called Professor Morgan, that he's old enough to have seen the end of the Old World. If you can believe that. Rumors like that might just be idle idiocy, told around a fire, but from the Old World books I have read I know that if he really is a 'Professor', he might just know enough to help me with whatever is affecting Yellow. And, if my suspicion is correct and this is infectious, might just afflict others as well soon enough. Of course, traveling to the Jumble and then inside it is going to be... drat. It is not going to be easy, not by a long shot. Dangerous. Not a journey I should make alone, and not just yet, not with Thames as it is right now.

They say the Professor knows how to bring back the dead, knows how to warp the flesh to strange purposes. Call him a sorcerer. Might just be the talk of fools, but then again, if I put on some facepaint and did my work from a cave, isolated from everyone, people might be saying the same thing about me. If it's true, imagine what knowledge he might have. What I might learn. What secrets I could gain that'd allow me to not just heal people better but to... create. Design. Repurpose. Improve.

nil. fucked around with this message at Nov 17, 2016 around 16:19

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Cool +3 | Hard -1 | Hot +2 | Sharp =0 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Exp 1/5 | Barter 2

Bolt is... another of the mechanics, I think? I'd payed even less attention to him than Lyric, since there sort is usually pretty boring... But I think I need to change that assessment for Lyric after watching this tirade. Apparently sabotaging her work is enough to send her frothing off the deep end into a murderous rage. I grin. Still not likely to be dangerous to me, but she certainly is dangerous. I like this, and I like what Inque is offering. "Lovely." I approach the two of them, already shifting into my seductive saunter that precedes violence. "No need to leave Lyric out of it either, if she's interested... But that's for later. So! My service is yours, Lyric my dear, show me the way to this sharkfucking enemy of yours."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hard =0 | Cool -2 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 0:00 | Experience: 3/5 | 5-barter

While I am glad Lady has agreed to help, the rest of her words are lost to me. Leave me out? Interested? I am respectful of my Songbird's art, but I have no real interest in it. While I cannot deny that there is a certain beauty to having art engraved on your skin (Especially on her), there is no real practical application for any of it. I would never tell her this, though, and even then, despite my misgivings about her chosen profession, I cannot help but be... entranced when I watch her perform. Is that what Lady means? Is she offering me to watch while my love paints her skin? That is rather strange. What other reason could she have? Does she enjoy having people watch her? Oh! Or maybe Lady wants us to have matching tattoos! ...No, no. Matching is reserved for close friends (or lovers), and our relationship can barely be considered as "close." Close? Hm, she has been getting rather close. A little too close. Almost as if...

..."Oh."

"Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh."

My face lights up, as if I had a eureka moment and found the answer to a puzzle, "You want sex!" I point at Lady, "That is what you want! You desire your payment to be sexual intercourse with my Songbird and I!" I was more excited that I had figured out the answer to her strange behavior than I was at the thought of sex, "Why did you not just say so! If Inque wishes it, then yes, we will proceed to reward you with love making after the job is done."

"Now!" I spin back to the iron I had consulted before, "To find where that sharkfucker is."

I put a hand, gently, on the iron. I close my eyes, and say, "Tell me, precious one, tell me where I may find the one who has wronged you, so that I may make him answer for his transgressions against The Metal."

quote:

Hugzilla> Lyric is going to OPEN HER MIND
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 3+2 = 5

Marking xp.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Nov 18, 2016 around 04:34

megane
Jun 20, 2008



Iris, you keep your eyes peeled and sure enough, a few minutes later you see Sparks turnin' the corner, way off over there. Looks like he's in a hurry. He's headed for the back way up to his place, a rickety-lookin' staircase made of rotten planks, and looks kinda, uh, distracted anyways; you could pretty easily catch him out at his back door. And if you and Twilight... wait, where the gently caress is Twilight.

Twilight, yes, the hunt... you muse darkly about slipping through the shadows and running your prey to ground. The taste of his fear lingers on your lips. Do you like that taste? The scent of a human, fleeing for their lives, realizing that their flight is in vain? The maelstrom thrums in your ears, eager to see you spill the blood of this worthless wretch. Take -1 forward if you try to resolve the situation with Sparks non-violently. You're jostled back to reality when you nearly bump into a large, meaty-looking person's broad back. Looks like you were sort of... wanderin' a bit there. She turns slowly and glowers at you; her face is daubed with blue-grey paint 'round the eyes and lips. A Drowned Man, then. What do you do?

Abel, Yellow answers your questions with a nervous murmur. "You - you won't tell anybody, right? Mom said if you tell a doc somethin', he can't tell nobody else, right? You can't?" She sniffs. "I-it started... bout a month back. At first my hand just felt all weird, and then it started gettin' grey, and my boyfriend said maybe I got a curse on it. See... I was out, uhm, divin'." Aha. You know some of the local kids like to swim down to the sunken ruins under the Bay; Captain Diego banned it, but they do it anyway. "Am I cursed, doc? I'm cursed, ain't I? I waited, I waited 'cause I figured, maybe it'll get better, only it didn't, and..." She shrugs miserably. "I can pay, I got scratch. Just..." She lifts the afflicted limb, like she expects you to magic it better on the spot.

Lyric, you listen carefully to the sound of the damaged machine once more... deeper... surely it remembers... wait... no... something's not right. Far beneath the surface, there's a terrible, horrible, discordant note, growing louder and louder! You can feel a great crimson eye, somewhere above the clouds, fixing its baleful gaze upon your naked soul -- hateful, furious, burning! The metal howls at you, a scream of agony and rage, and you are hurled back to the real world, dizzy with shock. You shake off the vision just in time to feel Bolt press the wicked edge of his knife against your neck. "Oop, now, don't try anything funny, there, Lyric." He chuckles. "Transgressions against the metal? What the gently caress are you on, sugar?"

Inque and Lady Monsoon, Bolt appears from the shadows -- what the gently caress, has he been here all along? He grabs Lyric and holds his knife to her throat. "I figured I'd have a day or so to get out of town, but I guess that ain't the case. So: me and the lady are going on a little boat-ride, and you two are gonna sit back and be good little girls, right?" He slowly pulls Lyric towards the door. What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Cool +1 | Hard -2 | Hot-1 | Sharp +2 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 2/5 | Barter: 6

Good. "Time to move Twilight," I say right before I realize she's not here. "Twilight?" Well poo poo. No time to see what happened, I have to get to Sparks before it's too late. So I rush to the backdoor, keeping an eye on him as I do so. I wait, hiding in the shadows, until just the right moment for when he shows up. As he arrives, and just before he can go into his home, I step forward. I make sure to make enough noise so that he notices The moment he looks at me I focus. Need to make sure he can't do anything while we talk. I put the command in his mind.

Disarm yourself right now

Let's hope he's smart enough to follow through.

[20:52] <Heliotrope> Direct-brain Whisper Projection
[20:52] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+3
[20:52] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 6+3 = 9
If he forces my hand, he takes 1-harm ap

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Cool+1 Hard-1 Hot+2 Sharp+1 Weird=0
Harm 0:00 xp 2/5 Barter 1

I shake my head at Monsoon and laugh. "She's a trip."

But then everything goes wrong. I scream and throw my hands over myself when the dude shows up. Rude. Peeping on me. I am very deliberate about how much I show people. I hate surprises like this. That scum bag is touching my girl. If he cuts her beautiful skin I'll ink his face with my poo poo. Of course I would need someone else to hold him down for me. I'm not really an expert at these sorts of situations like Monsoon is. Even Lyric has a better temperament for it than me. Really... poo poo I can't believe I'm thinking this. "Hold up. You want to be stuck on a boat with someone who wants your nuts on her mantle? Take me instead if you've starved for company." It's risky and dumb but these two working to get me back should yield results. Not that I wouldn't try my damnedest for Lyric, I don't want Monsoon trying to cajole some up front favors for her part and waste precious time. I look as confident as I can. Putting on a pleasant expression for poo poo heads comes with selling art to whoever has the piles of jingle so it isn't too hard. I look serious about my offer, even if I'm second guessing myself.

Manipulate 9. Leave lyric behind. Extra assurance is willing to be taken instead. If the person swap needs to be part of the demand then extra assurance is Inque is very clearly unarmed so probably won't hurt him.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cool -1 | Hard +3 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 0:00 | Experience: 1+1/5 | 1-barter

My eyes snapped back into focus, my breathing ragged. The hunt had taken me on quite a ride. I didn't recognize where I was. Thames, still, but somewhere apart from the approach to Sparks's house. The taste of fear, cloyingly sweet, lingered on my lips. I barely favored the large woman with a glance as I looked around. Drowned Man turf? Seemed likely enough. There were two objectives. I needed information on how to return to the apartment. I also needed to silence Sparks. The thought of a peaceful conversation was slipping further and further from my mind. Was I not a predator? Why should I treat with such a worthless sack of flesh? He would be put in line by force. He should hope that Iris has come to an amicable solution by the time I arrive. I would not be as merciful.

I looked at the woman. She would know Sparks. The Drowned Men were a tight-knit group. Bound by odd rituals and ceremonies. There was a brief hint of hesitation as I subtly moved my hand towards my rifle. This could get ugly if her neighbors decided to provide assistance. The hesitation vanished. The only thing their assistance would provide was a richer field of prey. My hand found the handle and the rifle swiveled up to cover the woman. I bared my teeth, reveling in the beginning of a new hunt, "Quiet. Show me where Sparks lives. If you don't..." I flicked off the safety. "You'll be needing the Angel."

quote:

[17:33:47] <Tricky> Twilight Goes Aggro
[17:33:51] <Tricky> !r 2d6+3
[17:33:52] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 6+3 =
9

Drowned Lady shows me the way back to Sparks's apartment or she gets ventilated to the tune of 3-harm (AP). +XP

Tricky fucked around with this message at Nov 19, 2016 around 04:28

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Cool +3 | Hard -1 | Hot +2 | Sharp =0 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Exp 1/5 | Barter 2

She.... hadn't realize it? After all that? I blink once, then have to join in with Inque in having a small laugh. The whole situation is pleasantly amusing, and even more pleasantly looking to be working out in my favor. Now that she knows what I want, she seems practically eager to do it, and I don't really care how much of that is the blood lust. A simple kill, and for that, a night together with the increasingly more appealing Lyric, and the lovely Inque...

Whoa!

Bolt's arrival catches us all off guard, judging from Inque's screams, but she rallies quickly, offering herself in exchange for Lyric. She must really care for her, and it'd probably work, but... She's forgetting who else is here. My heart is starting to beat faster, dancing with excitement at the rising tension in the room. There'll be blood spilled now, no going back. "Now... no need to get hasty." I bare my teeth in a savage grin, looking at the pair of mechanics, hostage and captor together. "Don't do anything rash Bolt... you might get hurt." I lock eyes with him, and smile even wider, eyes shining dangerously, but with a hint of mischief, while my fingers slowly coil around the handle of my gun.

[20:47:28] <GodFish> dangerous and sexy
[20:47:30] <GodFish> !r 2d6+2
[20:47:31] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 11+2 = 13
Holding 2, immediately spending one to make Bolt freeze.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


edit: wrong thread

megane
Jun 20, 2008



Twilight, the Drowned Man's eyes go wide when you whip out your rifle, but man, she's had guns pointed at her before. Her painted face twists into a vicious sneer, and she shoves up close to you. "gently caress you, bitch! You think you can take a Drowned Man?" She pushes you, hard. "Try it! You ain't got the fuckin' s-" STAKOOM! What was that sound? Screams ring out around you and you slowly realize that, whoa, that was you, you just blew her the gently caress away! How does that feel? Blood spatters across the planks as the Drowned Man hits the floor, her eyes dull and empty. People flee in all directions as you stand over your fallen prey...

Iris, Sparks has his hand on the door when you step out and lock eyes with him. He goes rigid, twitching, as you wring his brain like a fuckin' sponge. Then he spasms wildly, throwing up his hands to try and block your terrible gaze: "No... no no NO! Get away!" he howls, and flees through the door, slamming it behind him. You hear the sister gasp, and the frantic sound of scraping as Sparks tries to barricade the door! Screams ring out nearby -- you get the feeling poo poo is about to go downhill 'round here and fast.

Lady Monsoon, Bolt takes one look at your face and reconsiders his position in a drat hurry. He stops dead, the color draining outta his face, and kinda leans away from that loving smile you've got on. He's practically trying to hide behind Lyric. "Holy poo poo, girl, just... just calm down!" he says, the knife wavering. He nods desperately at Inque: "Yeah, see, see, I'll just take her, it'll be fine, nobody needs to... nobody has to get hurt here! I just gotta get to the boat and then, and then everything will be fine!" His voice is cracking a little; it's like he's tryin' to convince himself as much as you.

megane fucked around with this message at Nov 19, 2016 around 20:53

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hard =0 | Cool -2 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 0:00 | Experience: 3/5 | 5-barter

So much anger! So much hate! So much noise! Terrible, terrible, noise! What could have so much hate in their hearts!? What could be looking at me, with such burning eyes!? No, stop! Stop screaming, please! I am trying! I am trying! I want to help you! It hurts, oh Gods it hurts! My head is going to explode! I need to- I need to-

...A knife? There is a knife... to my throat? When did this happen? Bolt? How did he get in here? Is he the one who was looking at me with those hateful, burning eyes? Does he despite me that much?

"Nrghk...!" I struggle to get out, but his grip on me is tight, and I can feel the sharp blade touching my neck. Inque! She is... offering herself for my freedom? Oh, my sweet dear Inque, no. if I could speak, I would tell you not to do this, and how you are worth more than I am. This fucker does not even deserve to lay eyes on your beautiful skin.

As things get more desperate, Lady steps in. Her threats give Bolt pause, and I can see the knife inching away from my neck. I can move now. This is my chance. I open my jaws, wide, and bite down on his hand. Blood splatters on my face, and I hear him howl in pain, as he drops his knife. I push myself away from him, grab him by his hair, and shout, with an angry fury, "Don't you even loving DARE THINK OF TAKING MY INQUE!" and slam his head down, hard, on the table in front of me. It is maybe not enough to kill him, but enough to make sure he loving hurts.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Lyric is going to SEIZE BY TINY FORCE
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 9 = 9

Choosing: Fight your way free, and to frighten him (into submission).

nil.
Nov 11, 2012



Cool +1 | Hard +0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +2 | Weird -1
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3/5 | Angel Kit: 6/6 | Barter: 1

The girl is scared, uncertain. People often are when they're under the power of something they don't understand, like their own body bleeding and hurting and falling apart. But, it could be worse for her - her head's still in a place where she can make clear decisions, she came to me and she can pay. So, could be much worse. I force myself not to smile with dark amusement at both her talk of doctors not having to talk about what they hear and her putting her affliction into the terms of a curse. Maybe in the Old World, healers had that luxury, where they were protected, respected, where people didn't have to worry everyday that someone was going to kick down their door, gun in hand. No idea how that actually worked in the Old World what with people being the way they are, but somehow it was this way. Or perhaps the books I read told lies.

But my patient wants to hear none of that. Looking at her with the word 'curse' on her trembling lips, my patient would probably believe me if I told her that, yes, she is cursed, I am a sorcerer and I first need to consult the crawling voices from beyond before I can cure her. But that's not the kind of power that I want, even though it sometimes seems people want to force it on me. Just like people think it's best to give leadership over them to the biggest, meanest son-of-a-bitch with the biggest gun. I'm getting off track.

I wave my hand, casually dismissive. "You're not cursed, Yellow. Nobody did this to you, and you didn't do it to yourself. You're just sick, and it's right you came to me." I look her in the eyes. "I'm not gonna lie to you though. This isn't like a gutshot wound where I either can fix it up in an hour or it turns out it's already too late. It's gonna take time. I know you don't want to hear it, but that's the way it is. Now, you got to hold on and listen to me, right?" She seems younger now than I initially thought. Maybe it was her mentioning her mother - she has family, good - maybe it's the way sickness makes us look older. "As best you can, I want you not to touch anyone with that arm, or anything anyone is going to eat. Okay? Maya here is going to wrap it up for you, but still."

I scratch my chin. "I assume you and your boyfriend rutted since your hand started to feel weird, but it wasn't like this? I want him to come in here so I can take a look at him. Your mom too. ...not at the same time, of course. And tell me if anyone else around you starts feeling weird in the same way." I sigh, and push myself to my feet, signalling that this is coming to an end. What I really should do is isolate her, keep her apart from everyone else, but, it's impossible. How am I going to do that? I don't have the space. "You ever been outside Thames, Yellow? I might need something out there to cure you, and you may have to come along. I'll tell you when. Alright?" I briefly wait for her to respond, if even just with her eyes, then turn towards Maya, still there, hovering and watching from behind me.

"Maya, I want you to-" I feel my skin prickle even before I realize why. Then it crawls through the gates of instinct to the place in my head where I can actually realize what just happened. What I hear. Scream. Inside Thames. Abruptly cut off. Strike to the head. A second passes and I am not moving. No follow-up screams. Might be over, might have devolved in a standoff. As nothing else happens right away, I slowly come out of it, and with some satisfaction notice that my hand is on my holster. Didn't need to think about it. I collect myself and play it like nothing happened, even though we all know something did. "Maya, I want you to wrap Yellow's arm up - put on gloves first - and before that, take some samples. Skin, fingernails." I know Maya probably heard the scream even louder than me, but that just means she needs something to do even more. "Get to it." I let a moment pass, then make my voice a little more reassuring, or at least confident. "I'll take a look at what's going on. Yellow, stick around for a bit, okay?"

I leave them behind, hopefully too busy with my instructions to be distracted by the gunshot. Is it starting? Maybe, maybe not. Might just be a normal day in Thames. Someone took out whoever it was in an instant, and most people here couldn't do that this quickly with a knife or machete. It's more serious than what you find in the day-to-day back-alley knife fights then. A silenced gun? Twilight? I gather up the ladder Noah fetched from outside and for now carry it back to where it was, leading to the roof of my infirmary. I need eyes on whatever is happening. It takes a few moments before I find my old, beaten up binoculars - what those things have seen - but after that, I'm good to go. I climb on top of the roof - back into the drat rain - and scan the alleys of Thames, in the direction the scream came from. I hear no further sounds of fighting. Might already be over then and I might just have a paying customer soon. Or not.

I try to make out moving figures through the rain - people that are running too fast, like they're about to take lives are have theirs taken from them. Yeah, that is Twilight there. There's someone lying next to her, and I don't think it's because so nice out in the rain. I just hope it was just some idiot and not anybody important, anybody that'd add to the mess in Thames. Where's Iris? Can't see her next to Twilight, at least. If that one down there is the fool they wanted to 'question' about what happened to Diego, then it doesn't look like that's going to happen anymore. What is going on?

nil. fucked around with this message at Nov 19, 2016 around 17:43

megane
Jun 20, 2008



"loving - OW!" Bolt staggers, dropping the knife. "Goddamn you, Lyric, you piece of poo poo!" Clutching his hosed up hand, big-rear end bruise rising on his face, his hostage loose, Bolt finds himself pretty darn short on options. "G-go to hell, all of you!" He makes a break for the door! Lyric, you seem to be bleeding, hon -- the fucker musta caught you a bit with the knife. You've got a nasty-looking gash on the side of your neck. Nothing that won't heal, but pretty fuckin' painful even so. Take 2 harm; remember to roll for it.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Cool +3 | Hard -1 | Hot +2 | Sharp =0 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Exp 1/5 | Barter 2

You don't like that, do you Bolt? Heh. He's in miles over his head by now, and not just because I'm here. The look on Lyric's face could show him how hosed he really is, if he could see it - and with his flinch, that was all she needed to get out of his hold and gently caress him up. "'nobody has to get hurt?' That ended the minute you put a knife at her throat." She looks really caught up in the moment, so much so I'm not sure if she even noticed that cut on her neck, god did I ever misjudge her. She might be hotter than Inque, at least when she's like this. Despite - or because of - the blood she's spilled, I'm grinning even more now.

"Bolt, Bolt Bolt Bolt... If you aren't prepared for things to end in violence, you should never start it." I look at his fleeing back and shake my head, then smoothly draw Thunder from my holster, aim, and fire at his leg. Mmm... that was a pretty satisfying splatter, though I took a bit more of his leg off than I'd meant to. Probably isn't going to last long like that. Still... I walk over to him and put a foot on his back, pressing him into the ground, and look over at Lyric, grinning broader still, and pointing my gun down at his head. "So Lyric, he's not going to last long. Should I put him out of his misery, or did you want to have a talk with him about your metal?"

[03:26:58] <GodFish> alright go agggggro (I guess) seize by force
[03:27:08] <GodFish> !r 2d6-1
[03:27:09] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 10-1 = 9
[03:27:12] <GodFish> cool :v
I'll suffer little harm (-1) and take undeniable control over him

GodFish fucked around with this message at Nov 19, 2016 around 11:43

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hard =0 | Cool -2 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 6:00 | Experience: 3/5 | 5-barter

I hear the sound of something dripping. It's... blood? I'm bleeding? The pain is- it is nothing. Nothing compared to the pain they felt while they were being torn apart. Nothing compared to what I will do to him. This is just a scratch. It will heal. But he won't. I will make sure of that.

Harm roll: 2d6+2 6

I see him, sprawled on the ground, like the pathetic piece of rust that he is. I grab a wrench from the table, and walk over to him. I crouch beside him, slide the wrench underneath his chin, and use it to slowly lift his head up, "Tell me, why did you do this?" My voice had an unnerving calm to it, "Why did you hurt them? And who is this "brother" of yours? If you confess, maybe they will forgive you. Maybe they will decide to give you a second chance at redemption. You are a healer of metal, too, yes? And there are not many like us around. You do not have to die. So, do you confess? Will you repent? Or," I inch closer to him, "Will you face the judgement of The Metal?"

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Nov 19, 2016 around 12:48

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Cool+1 Hard-1 Hot+2 Sharp+1 Weird=0
Harm 0:00 xp 2/5 Barter 1

Lyric! She's hurt! My precious Lyric is bleeding. I look around for something to cover the wound that isn't some greasy rag. The place is such a mess I can only come up with one of my sleeves. I don't mind if it's her. I gently place a hand on her shoulder. "Love, you're hurt. Let me bind that at least." I frown at her being so riled up. She's liable to make it worse if she flails around too much.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cool -1 | Hard +3 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 0:00 | Experience: 1+1/5 | 1-barter

Counting on my nerve failing? A poor decision. I was tempered by the hunt. I had killed before, of course, mostly bandits and scum like this. I preferred the thrill of a real hunt. The battle between myself and nature. Yet, in the end, I would need to master hunting both man and creature alike to truly understand my ultimate quarry. The woman was lying in a puddle of blood at my feet and screams filled the air around me. The screamers were not likely a problem. The problem would be those who came to avenge their fallen sister. Though I was certainly not afraid of their retaliation, it would not do to give my position away as I fought to more advantageous ground. I scanned the environment, noting which doors were being barred and which seemed suspiciously silent.

quote:

[08:39:49] <Tricky> Twilight reads the situation
[08:39:51] <Tricky> !r 2d6+1
[08:39:52] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 2+1 =
3

Where's my best escape route?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Cool +1 | Hard -2 | Hot-1 | Sharp +2 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 2+1/5 | Barter: 6

As Sparks attempts to hide, I hear screams break out. Was that Twilight? So much for subtly. I kick the door, trying to get in before he can lock me out. "We need to talk Sparks."

[15:45] <Heliotrope|Away> Act Under Fire
[15:45] <Heliotrope|Away> !r 2d6+1
[15:45] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope|Away, 6+1 = 7
Marking XP

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at Nov 19, 2016 around 21:03

megane
Jun 20, 2008



Lady Monsoon, Thunder's glorious voice echoes through the room. gently caress yeah! Poor Bolt's thigh shatters into a gory mess; you pretty much took his whole drat leg off in mid-run. He gives a sort of choking scream, topples over, and slams heavily against the floor. There's blood everywhere; he's not gonna live long. Maybe the Angel could fix him, but man, it'd be a fuckin' miracle. Sure as gently caress not going anywhere, in any case! When Lyric grabs hold of his head, he just sort of moans piteously. "S-safe and dry, safe and dry... they said... they... brother, h-help me, take me away from here, protect me from the rain, ohh, they..." He coughs weakly, spraying blood on Lyric's shoes.

Iris, you shove your way through the door, but Sparks makes you fuckin' work for it, bashing you with the door and trying to shove you back out. Take 1 harm ap. "Get away! Leave us alone!" he screams. But eventually you manage to force your way in. As you stumble into the room, your slippery fingers betray you: your 9mm goes spinning across the floor! This place is pretty crap, honestly; the rain leaks in from a dozen places and it'd be a drat squeeze for one person, let alone two. Sparks retreats out of your way, then goes to snatch up your gun. Sparks' sister Fade is in here, too; she was makin' lunch but now she's tryin' to get a good look at you around Sparks. She's brandishing a rusty but oh-so-sharp filleting knife, still slick with fish guts. There are probably better things to get stabbed with. "Wait, I know you!" she shouts. "You're that w-witch!"

Twilight, as the crowd vanish themselves into shadows and doorways, a handful of those gray-painted Drowned Men fuckers shoulder their way out to face you. They aren't happy about tangling with that gently caress-off rifle of yours, but you just murdered one of their own, kid! Where's your best escape route? Well, gently caress, it's pretty much straight through these assholes. That's what you wanted, right?

megane fucked around with this message at Nov 21, 2016 around 08:33

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.



Cool +1 | Hard -2 | Hot-1 | Sharp +2 | Weird +2
Harm: 3:00 | XP: 3/5 | Barter: 6

"I need to talk to your brother."

Fade has a knife out, but my eyes are on Spark. I rush over and reach to touch his face with my gloved hand. I have to keep him around for a while, and maybe I can make sure Fade doesn't try to stab me right now.

Keep me safe for the day

[03:45] <Heliotrope> In-Brain Puppet Strings on Sparks
[03:46] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+2
[03:46] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 12+2 = 14
I have 3 hold on Spark


Once this is done, maybe I should meet up with Twilight and we can get out of here.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hard =0 | Cool -2 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 6:00 | Experience: 3/5 | 5-barter

I stare at Bolt's squirming body, and all the anger, all the hate that I once had for him, is gone now, and in it's place is pity. I am not alone in that feeling. Where there was once a raging storm, calling for blood, there is now a quiet, melancholic breeze. The sounds of those who miss their brethren. They do not hate him, but they do not forgive him. He was a man who was sworn to them, who had betrayed their trust. If he had prayed to them, then he would have been given a chance, but instead he chooses to pray to his "brother." There is only one thing left to do for him now.

I look up at Lady, eyes filled with sadness, "Lady, please take him out and do what you will, but make it quick. Do not let him suffer any longer. We will discuss your payment after you are done." I hold Bolt's head gently, and whisper, "May your spirit find forgiveness, so they may let you join in the Great Machine."

I slowly stand up, and put a hand on Inque's. I turn my head around to see her, and say, "Yes, we should take care of this wound, shouldn't we? Let us sit so you can bind it. And Inque?" I turn my head away, so she would not see the shame on my face, "I am... sorry you had to see me like that."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Cool+1 Hard-1 Hot+2 Sharp+1 Weird=0
Harm 0:00 xp 2/5 Barter 1

I reflexively grimace at, well everything. But especially Lyric being so upset. "It's nothing I haven't seen before," I assure her. I won't begrudge her her passion either. It is why I love her. Though I do prefer it in her being creative than vindictive. Theres enough of that to go around. I lead her over to the pile of cushions I had set up in the corner. Watching her work was a bit of an ordeal before I make the workshop more livable. After setting her down I tie my sleeve over her cut. With a kiss I say, "There. All better."

I try not to let on my nagging worry. That wouldn't help calm this down at all. But I think I know what type of person would be mumbling about dryness when delirious. I already didn't like the sand men on my few principles. I really hope it's just a coincidence they have been annoying me, then sabotoge my love.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Cool -1 | Hard +3 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 0:00 | Experience: 3/5 | 1-barter

Five hostiles visible. Small arms and hooks of some flavor. This position is disadvantageous. Too many angles. Too many possibilities of ambush. I don't wait to exchange pleasantries. Instead, I whip my rifle up and start firing quick bursts at the Drowned Men as I charge towards them. A few bullets ping off of my armor as I run, but they are low-caliber. Unfit for a proper hunt. My own bullets were far more effective. They tore through what little armor they could muster with ease. Designed and cast to hunt real monsters, not these pale imitations.

I roared out over the quiet report of my rifle, "The hunt has found you, shark-fuckers! Ask the sea for mercy if you want, you ain't getting any from me!" A small trickle of blood found its way into my mouth. Mine? Theirs? It doesn't matter. Not anymore. I revelled in the taste, baring my teeth at my quarry.

quote:

[06:45:30] <Tricky> Twilight seizes the escape route by force
[06:45:33] <Tricky> !r 2d6+3
[06:45:35] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 8+3 =
11

Inflict terrible harm, impress/dismay/frighten my opposition, and fight my way free.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Nov 22, 2016 around 00:28

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Cool +3 | Hard -1 | Hot +2 | Sharp =0 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Exp 1/5 | Barter 2

Hmm... It looks like the mood kind of died for everyone else with his begging. They aren't anymore used to this than Bolt is, really. Shame, because my blood is still boiling. "Your wish is my command~" I give Lyric a flourishy bow, eyes sparkling slightly, and then heave Bolt up off the ground, keeping his arms locked back with my own, and haul him out to the door. "Nice and quick..." Outside, I shove him up against a railing overlooking the water, and take a moment to think. A bullet in the head would put him out of his misery, but would that be more or less suffering than drowning him? Probably less. Yeah. "Sorry about this." Thunder rings out again, and Bolt's body tumbles down into the water. Sharkbait.

I lean out after, sticking my face into the rain to let it wash off the blood splatter, then head back inside and to the others. "That's that," I clap my hands together once or twice, then bend over to look at Lyric's bandaged side. "How are you holding up? Cut bad?" We might want to take her to Abel first, if we need to.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hard =0 | Cool -2 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 6:00 | Experience: 3/5 | 5-barter

"Hmm~ this?" I run a finger through the make-shift bandage, "It is fine. I have had cuts much more severe than this, and it is nothing a visit to the Doctor will not fix. Yes," I nod, "We-or I, should go see him. We have business to discuss, so it is like two birds, one stone, yes?"

"But, before that," I put my hands on Inque's cheeks, ah~ so warm and soft, "That look of worry does not suit you, my Songbird. Here, let me help you feel better," I pull her in, and lock my lip's on hers, giving her a deep kiss. I allow myself to feel the warmth of her body on my own, and I hear the joyous singing around us. Yes, there has been enough death and sadness today, now it is time for warmth and joy.

I move a hand downwards, and hold onto her hand, and slowly lay her down on the soft cushion below us. I break away from our kiss for a moment, and look at her, with tender eyes, and a deep blush on my face. I lean down my head, and nuzzle her neck, and kiss it. "This is what you wanted, yes?" I say, glancing at Lady, "A time with us, together, yes? Well, now is your chance. Now," I slip a bit of my dress off, enough for her to see a bit of my skin, "Let us all sing together this night~"

Fade?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Cool +3 | Hard -1 | Hot +2 | Sharp =0 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Exp 1/5 | Barter 2

"Yes." Now that is more like it. My blood is still pumping from the fight, Lyric is far more interesting than I thought, and of course, there's Inque, about to be laid out before, in all her colorful glory. "I'm not much of a singer..." Except when I'm drunk, "but I'm happy to join in anyway." Grinning, I step forward, unclasping the belt holding my top on and letting it fall to the floor, hips swaying seductively again as I approach. Stepping out of my shorts as I reach them, I give Lyric a long kiss as I join the tangle on the cushions, and then give Inque an even longer one.

Fading.

megane
Jun 20, 2008



Iris, Sparks's eyes go dull and glassy as you gently caress with his brain once more for good measure. He picks up the gun and gets up unsteadily, trying to understand what you've done to his mind. "I," he starts, and then stands stupidly, looking at you. "Y-you witch, what did you do to him??" moans Fade hysterically. "Sparks! Sparks, talk to me! Ohhh, let him go, let him go!" She raises the knife and starts to lunge towards you... and then Sparks steps between you, pointing the gun at his sister. "Don't hurt her, Fade... I'm warning you..." His voice has a weird, hollow slur to it, and he's clearly in a serious fuckton of distress over this poo poo. His fingers twitch and curl around the grip of your 9mm, like he's trying to touch it as little as possible. But he doesn't lower his aim. Fade stops short, horrified, and bursts into tears.

Twilight, perhaps these guys got it into their heads that, with their numbers, they had an advantage over you. Poor dumb fuckers. Poor dumb, dead fuckers. In seconds three of the Drowned Men have joined their buddy in the deep and dark, and a fourth is screaming and thrashing in the shallow water. The fifth quickly decides gang membership isn't as beneficial as he'd thought, and flees. That leaves the way wide open for you to get clear -- Abel's clinic is just up ahead.

Lady Monsoon, Lyric, and Inque retreat for a moment of privacy. Lady negates any moves involving her, but Inque's move triggers for Lyric and vice versa.

megane fucked around with this message at Nov 22, 2016 around 18:51

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hard =0 | Cool -2 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 6:00 | Experience: 3/5 | 5-barter

Mm~ What an experience that was. A wonderful, incredible experience. I hear their voices again, and they are happy, they are pleased, and so am I. Today, we three have sung, in perfect harmony, and created a beautiful, melodious song, as pure as The Metal itself. I had underestimated Lady's passion. I move my tired body over to Lady, and say, "I hope you are satisfied by your... reward?" I smile, and give her a kiss.

I move away from Lady, and lay on top of Inque, "Do you feel better now, my Songbird?" I give her a peck on her neck. I close my eyes, and let myself feel the warmth of her body, the beat of her heart. Oh, what an amazing melody it is making now. It almost feels like her heart is speaking to me. What is it trying to say, I wonder?

quote:

I get to ask three questions from Things Speak, so I'm asking:
• What strong emotions have been most recently nearby this?
• What has been done most recently with this, or to this?
• What’s wrong with this, and how might I fix it?

  • Locked thread