Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Nyu for 1d4 points of damage
Bumping this thread up because it needs some love.

I've got two more videos I will have uploaded and put up by tomorrow, which I will then link. They encompass three fights, and the ending to Another Marona. From there, I will be working on the EX Battles.

. . . as soon as I beat the main game again, because like an idiot I selected the wrong option after I beat the game!

So thank you for your patience. Think of it as another stop along the way, as we all get power leveled up enough to take on Sulphur!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Island of Evil - A Girl's Battle (A4, 1) [A025]
Another Marona Finale (A4, 2) [A026]

So there we have it. We find out why Carona has been having us follow her around, and why she's with the Eryngii God. We find out what's happened with all the spirits on the planet. And in the end, we come to terms with where true strength lies.

Doopliss
Nov 3, 2012
I didn't catch it until the post-credits scene, but God Eryngii sounds suspiciously like a generic bottlemail, just in case he wasn't un-menacing enough already. Alas that I can't find Bottlemail's voice actor in the credits roll.

Anyway, I can't think of Another Marona as anything other than a dumpster fire. The translation was godawful, it was hopelessly padded, and the plot was abysmal - utterly cliche, fueled pretty-much entirely by characters being cagey and cryptic right to the final cutscene, and with the most scatter-shot approach to "character development" I've seen in a long time. Thanks very much for trudging through it. I can only hope that the EX battles were done by whoever wrote/translated the main story instead of that one.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Doopliss posted:

Anyway, I can't think of Another Marona as anything other than a dumpster fire. The translation was godawful, it was hopelessly padded, and the plot was abysmal - utterly cliche, fueled pretty-much entirely by characters being cagey and cryptic right to the final cutscene, and with the most scatter-shot approach to "character development" I've seen in a long time. Thanks very much for trudging through it. I can only hope that the EX battles were done by whoever wrote/translated the main story instead of that one.

I will respectfully disagree. It wasn't stellar, I'll give you that, but I fail to see it being cliche. I've seen far worse padding and far more abysmal writing. Heck, some expansions don't even GET new voice acting. The team behind it tried and put effort in. The levels weren't too badly designed and it gave you a whole slew of special characters and several unique weapons. You got a whole second game out of it.

The writing for this game was about how Marona developed and matured as a character. NIS is known for games like Disgaea and Makai Kingdom, which don't take themselves nearly as seriously as this game does, so from that, I have to give them credit for at least trying. I also think some things may have gotten lost in translation which may explain some of the cryptic-ness of the characters.

As to what's next, Hermuda Triangle shouldn't be too hard whereas the Ex missions are strictly meant for fusion grinders. If you want, I might be able to send you my file which you can New game + on. I've got a small team of bottlemails and Marona who can OHKO pretty much everything short of the very last ex-missions

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Doopliss posted:

utterly cliche, fueled pretty-much entirely by characters being cagey and cryptic right to the final cutscene, and with the most scatter-shot approach to "character development" I've seen in a long time.

So basically, a Nippon Ichi game? LOL and KEK right there. I make myself laugh.

I did feel it had a much different tone overall, and it's not one of my favorites.

Thanks for the offer, mastersord, but it should take me little time at all to push through things. I forgot that before I deal with the EX maps I also need to deal with the Hermuda Triangle. Guess we're not done with this yet!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I can't disagree about it being a cliche ending, but considering this game? It was a well done cliche at least. And of course, with the first mission coming back around, it's nice to see that Other Marona will start down the path of making some friends.

I did laugh at the "everyone came back to life" part. You can imagine Ash muttering "except me..."

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

It's been a day or two since I last updated! Just letting you know that I am, slowly, getting caught up to the point I can show off the final bits of content in this game. Have faith!

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Almost ready to start recording again, which is exciting. Been getting distracted in-game by dungeons though. There's an achievement to get a rank 7 title. So far, no luck. I know there's like 30 of them, and plenty of guides show what they do, but there's gotta be something to better my chances of finding one, right?

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

Almost ready to start recording again, which is exciting. Been getting distracted in-game by dungeons though. There's an achievement to get a rank 7 title. So far, no luck. I know there's like 30 of them, and plenty of guides show what they do, but there's gotta be something to better my chances of finding one, right?

I'm not spoilering this since we already discussed how random dungeons in this game work.

Are you running level 9999 99-floor dungeons? You need to survive something like that first and foremost. I started building up Failure dungeons first until I could survive a lvl 9999 failure dungeon. I then built up and ran small dungeons with low enemy counts. This was done for speed more than survival. Finally, I would make 9999 dungeons where I would stop on special floors. These are used to farm fusion fodder items. Get one for Bones, Plants, Fish, weapons, Trolleys, Food, and whatever else.

Once you have that, you need some fairly high-level bottlemails to farm items for fusion. At this point, It should take a few hours to get a level 7 title if you haven't already found one.

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

I am really partial to this screenshot/bg from the ending: PNG Image

mastersord posted:

Are you running level 9999 99-floor dungeons?

Ah hahaha nope not in the slightest. But I noticed that once I found my first rank 7 title, I started finding them in spades. Who knows how many times they were there and I maybe didn't notice them because they were on a held item, or something. Got a lot more to farm, but that will take a back seat here shortly.

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Hermuda Triangle: Hero Training [HT1]

So the plan is we'll move through most of Hermuda Triangle, double back to experience how the maps change on replay, and then take on the final boss!

So the Hermuda Triangle is basically an excuse to recruit characters from other Nippon Ichi franchises. Most of the fights are pretty straightforward, but as we go from fight to fight the levels scale up pretty dramatically (the final fight has a character who is level 1500, if I recall correctly.) The set-up, as we see here, is that Canary sent out a bunch of bottle mails for help, and thanks to the Interdimensional Hermuda Triangle... heroes from other worlds approach!

Hero Training is a map that features the Unlosing Ranger. Here is a link to the trailer of that game. I've played it, but never beaten it, it's... neat, but also exceptionally repetitive.

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Hermuda Triangle: Red-Scarfed [HT2]

This map is pretty explosive. You could say I had a blast playing it! Not really, those are prinny puns.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Still not nearly enough explosions. Although I did manage to kill that one ally with the final explosion, so mission accomplished, I guess.
Still, it was nice to actually see the enemy do something for once.

Nuramor fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jul 4, 2017

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

I hate how this game is only fun and exciting if you are playing it wrong, because that means you're allowing the bad guys a chance to move, and that means you need to overlevel more. Frustrating.

Hermuda Triangle: That's All I Get [HT3]

So Asagi is a bit of a running joke in the Nippon Ichi franchises. Basically, some day she wants to be the main character of her own game, but since hers was cancelled, she has to steal someone else's. Fun fact: in Disgaea 5, she gets the closest ever to this goal, when she becomes her own character class.

Hermuda Triangle: Future Friend [HT4]

Castille, but from the future! This happens because Hermuda Triangle was created several years after the original game, and in that time Castille was used as a bonus boss in some other franchises.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Welp, the former sick girl from the future kicked your rear end until I exploded her. Pretty vicious battle.

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

It's been over a month since I've updated this, and I've decided it's better to have less that perfect content posted now than not posting anything and having the thread locked. I would like to see this Let's Play finished.

Originally, I thought it would be neat to finish Hermuda Triangle with a skit, but it never came into fruition, so instead I did kind of a not-so-great video, and I wasn't happy with it, but I'm posting it anyways. Then I finished this particular thing today.

Why not wait another week or two, make it perfect? My physical health has taken a very serious turn for the worse, and what makes this worse is that I have no real reason or understanding as to why. I was recently seriously hospitalized and as a result of that I'm really taking a step back from some of the interneting I'm doing. Not all of it, of course, but I'm trying to make it all a little more stress-free, and a little more focused. Finishing this story arc now will allow me to return to the EX maps at a later time. The EX maps are neat in how they are unlocked, but kind of frustrating in how they also have the same strategy most of the rest of this game's endgame has: "Do you have a high enough speed stat to move forever? If not, continue leveling."

Anyways, enough rambling. Three new videos, all of the same final fight.

Hermuda Triangle: Omninomicon [HT5]
Hermuda Triangle: Leveling Intermission [HT6]
Hermuda Triangle: Omninomicon (with credits) [HT7]

Might go back and show how these 5 maps change once you've beaten them, because they do, and in the future we'll show off the last of this game's story components, which is the EX maps.

Anyways, thanks for your patience!

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
You couldn't find a good Tool or Fish map from the dungeon monk? It should be pretty easy to grind up a good high-stat weapon or 5. Heck, send me your file and I'll grind it up for you. The "hard" part is getting up to level 9999 "failure" dungeons but it can still be done in probably 10-20 hours (which you don't need to do in one sitting). It's faster to grind in this game than Disgaea.

Seriously, don't give up and start cheating now.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

sethimothy posted:

It's been over a month since I've updated this, and I've decided it's better to have less that perfect content posted now than not posting anything and having the thread locked. I would like to see this Let's Play finished.

Originally, I thought it would be neat to finish Hermuda Triangle with a skit, but it never came into fruition, so instead I did kind of a not-so-great video, and I wasn't happy with it, but I'm posting it anyways. Then I finished this particular thing today.

Why not wait another week or two, make it perfect? My physical health has taken a very serious turn for the worse, and what makes this worse is that I have no real reason or understanding as to why. I was recently seriously hospitalized and as a result of that I'm really taking a step back from some of the interneting I'm doing. Not all of it, of course, but I'm trying to make it all a little more stress-free, and a little more focused. Finishing this story arc now will allow me to return to the EX maps at a later time. The EX maps are neat in how they are unlocked, but kind of frustrating in how they also have the same strategy most of the rest of this game's endgame has: "Do you have a high enough speed stat to move forever? If not, continue leveling."

Anyways, enough rambling. Three new videos, all of the same final fight.

Hermuda Triangle: Omninomicon [HT5]
Hermuda Triangle: Leveling Intermission [HT6]
Hermuda Triangle: Omninomicon (with credits) [HT7]

Might go back and show how these 5 maps change once you've beaten them, because they do, and in the future we'll show off the last of this game's story components, which is the EX maps.

Anyways, thanks for your patience!

Are the Omega-Spells choosing targets at random? Or were the enemies deliberately targeting items on this map?

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

mastersord posted:

Seriously, don't give up and start cheating now.

Yeah, it made sense at the time, but the general consensus was that was bad and I should feel bad. Fortunately it's fixable though.

Nuramor posted:

Are the Omega-Spells choosing targets at random? Or were the enemies deliberately targeting items on this map?

It's not random. The enemies appear to prefer to attack multiple things over one or two things when they can, which means often they'll attack a group of items (or one unit and some items) over one single unit. This is, of course, when they are ready to attack anything at all. On the second part of the map, it appears they want to make it harder for Marona to have anything to summon anyone on to.

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Hermuda Triangle: Omninomicon (with credits) [HT8]

This ends our coverage of the Hermuda Triangle by showing off how all of the maps have changed. For the most part, there isn't much to see here, but it is a reminder that these things do change.

Extra Map 01 [EX1]

So the first couple of maps appear simply by knowing where to look, and having beat the game. The rest all require completing dungeons, which I'll get into loosely when the time is right. In this first dungeon, we come across LaHA-hahahahahaha-harl. That laugh, it's iconic. This map is easy by any standards. Don't let it get your spirits up too high though.

sethimothy fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 25, 2017

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Remember this LP? I do. You just wouldn't know it from the way I post. But then, who else is updating regularly?

Besides everyone. Stop that.

Extra Map 02 [EX2]
Extra Map 03 [EX3]
Extra Map 04 [EX4]

These three EX maps focus on the fallout of defeat Laharl, and introduce us to Etna and Flonne from the original Disgaea games. Worth noting is that, for some reason, Map 2 and Map 3 have no voice acting, but Map 4 does. Why? I don't know.

Extra Map 05 [EX5]

On this map we meet up with The Dark Adonis, also from the original Disgaea games. He is a little less of a pushover than he is from the original games, but the use of confinables with stat bonuses makes this map a little more entertaining.

So to unlock Extra Map 6, I need to do a dungeon that has no fewer than 30 floors, and has a final floor with creatures at least level 300. This is not difficult to do, although it is a little time consuming. I am just as surprised as everyone else that I haven't done this yet. Squad goals!

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Yes, it's time consuming, but if you pick the right dungeon (small size, few enemies) you could clear one in less than half an hour. Do failure dungeons count? I don't remember to be honest.

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

mastersord posted:

Yes, it's time consuming, but if you pick the right dungeon (small size, few enemies) you could clear one in less than half an hour. Do failure dungeons count? I don't remember to be honest.

I did a livestream today where I attempted to beat a failure dungeon with 57 floors, starting at level 495, with a failure title. We made it to level 20. Part of the issue is lack of levels, part of the issue was this dungeon prohibited items and was owl-centric. Woops.

But then in a weird twist of fate I had a dungeon qued up with the Universe title that was close to being beaten, so I just did that one. I'm probably going to go back and finish the other dungeon though. I need to get some more levels on Mr. Bottle Mail.

But it was fun, and I'll likely be playing things in the future.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

I did a livestream today where I attempted to beat a failure dungeon with 57 floors, starting at level 495, with a failure title. We made it to level 20. Part of the issue is lack of levels, part of the issue was this dungeon prohibited items and was owl-centric. Woops.

But then in a weird twist of fate I had a dungeon qued up with the Universe title that was close to being beaten, so I just did that one. I'm probably going to go back and finish the other dungeon though. I need to get some more levels on Mr. Bottle Mail.

But it was fun, and I'll likely be playing things in the future.

I forgot about prohibited items. Why would you pick a dungeon with prohibited items? Also avoid slippery floors unless you like O.B.-ing constantly.

Now more importantly, have you been fusing up your equipment?

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Slowly but steadily limping my way through these!

Extra Map 06[EX6]

Six is kind of neat because it allows you, the player, to understand a little bit more about pivotal character Sienna. However, it suggests mores than it tells. There's an official comic that apparently explains more of what we see, but I have had no luck actually finding that comic outside of a few pieces of artwork and pages from it.

Extra Map 07 [EX7]
This map wouldn't have been such a struggle if I had been leveling weapons properly, although with the upcoming bottleneck I face that will be fixing itself kind of soon. This fight feels more recycled than fresh, though, which in some ways is frustrating.

To unlock the next map, I need to clear 50 floors of a random dungeon, and the final floor must be at least level 500. The 9th map requires clearing 99 floors, the final floor of which requiring to be level 1000 or higher. I've already started a run to get the first floor done, and doing some grinding with it. There may or may not be another live stream in the future for this, depending on interest and my time commitments. Then we have the tenth and seemingly final floor... before the two floors they added for the PC version. 5 more maps guys and gals and demons and dudes! We might actually finish this thing!

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
For dungeons, you want small size, few enemies, and normal ground. Enemy type doesn't matter (though I think Giant-type are better for level grinding and owls love to cast ranged AOE spells) and avoid any prohibited items unless it's a type you don't use. Level also does not matter because you can buy equipment from your shop-keeper, turn it into title, and apply them to the dungeon until you reach the level you want. This will make things easier but you probably already know this.

I'm running out of advice to give. I might try for the yoshitsuna again, just to get back into the game again, but i think my bottle mails are a bit too under-leveled for it. Good luck!

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

I think one thing that has been very understated from this entire tthreadis just how terrible the random dungeon creator is. Getting a dungeon created that is of small size with few enemies and normal floor type can literally take dozens upon dozens of recreates. Then you try to aim for a general number of floors (which titles can add to but you still want it close) all while hoping nothing is prohibited weaponwise... It can be daunting! Also on occasion I have found I needed to change a title on a dungeon because the drat thing has gained some omni spell which makes life more miserable than I like... Blah.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

I think one thing that has been very understated from this entire tthreadis just how terrible the random dungeon creator is. Getting a dungeon created that is of small size with few enemies and normal floor type can literally take dozens upon dozens of recreates. Then you try to aim for a general number of floors (which titles can add to but you still want it close) all while hoping nothing is prohibited weaponwise... It can be daunting! Also on occasion I have found I needed to change a title on a dungeon because the drat thing has gained some omni spell which makes life more miserable than I like... Blah.

Standard size will also work. It will still take about 30-40 recreates. My thumbs were pretty sore flipping through dungeons. With a level 145 merchant, It takes roughly 12 titles from random equipment to raise a dungeon 100 levels, but by that point it will also be 99 floors.

If i could trade random dungeons to you, I would. I don't think there's a way to hack one in either.

Edit: I learned a new thing today! If you use your merchant to farm rank 6 titles, you can raise a dungeon's level from 7,000 to 9,000 in about 50-60 titles.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 17, 2017

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

So today did a rather disastrous live stream where I managed to get from floor 20 to 99 albiet with several stops and two deaths along the way! Hilariously, the final boss was a 9999 slime with a Prize Sword, which even if I could have captured I didn't get the chance to because Marona couldn't remove it and I only have one bottle mail. These means eventually I'll be able to complete the last five maps!

. . . I don't think I'll ever bother going after the Divine Sword. Those of you who have acquired it, you are gods among men.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I'm sorry I missed your stream. What level dungeons are you handling these days? Your goal is to one-shot that 9999 slime with a 0SP skill. Once you can do that, only map obstacles stand in your way, which you can fix with other phantoms who can also one-shot 9999 monsters.

Keep it up!

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

mastersord posted:

I'm sorry I missed your stream. What level dungeons are you handling these days?
The floor ended in the high 5k mark. I feel pretty confident that if I were to do a run again I could handle even higher, but I will want to consider which other characters would benefit from starting things off with a bang. Heck, many maps ended without a single skill being used (outside of confine).

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

So the good news:

Extra Map 08 [EX8]: We get to fight Myao, from Rhapsody! If you haven't heard of Rhapsody, don't be surprised. It did not do well stateside. It was released four different times in Japan, but over here, not so much. Anyways, in what is pretty standard fare for Japanese cartoons and games, a flat chested girl calls out another flat chested girl and they have to fight for their honor and the honor of their breast sizes. This is an actual thing that happens, and it an actual trope, and I just don't get it.

The fight itself it surprisingly straightforward, even as we make it more convoluted by trying to capture the Catnip Wand.

And now the bad news:

We, uh, don't have access to EX 9. I don't know why. Maybe I was supposed to beat 8, and THEN get to floor 99? I'll try this hypothesis later, see if it works.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

Extra Map 08 [EX8]: We get to fight Myao, from Rhapsody! If you haven't heard of Rhapsody, don't be surprised. It did not do well stateside. It was released four different times in Japan, but over here, not so much. Anyways, in what is pretty standard fare for Japanese cartoons and games, a flat chested girl calls out another flat chested girl and they have to fight for their honor and the honor of their breast sizes. This is an actual thing that happens, and it an actual trope, and I just don't get it.

I remember there was an LP of Rhasody here quite a few years ago. There's a Nintendo DS port if you want to play it. It wasn't your standard NIS-fair in that it had standard level caps and no post-game if i remember correctly. It was about a girl who played a trumpet and was trying to get married to a prince? She also uses puppets to fight. I don't remember the humor being as good as Disgaea though. It wasn't as serious as this game either. I think it was more cutesy and meant for young girls but my memory is a little flaky on it.

Edit: It's on LPArchive.org if anyon'e interested.

I went through 2 titles trying to get that stupid sword and decided to take a break and farm an ultimate weapon. On the plus side, I learned that the PC port took out the item storage limit of slightly over 100 items, which made farming up 300 skulls and 300 misc. weeds, extremely easy.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 31, 2017

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

So I tried to do a live stream today and then lost internet. >.< Probably for the best, since I spent like ten minutes trying to prepare a dungeon. Should have done that in advance.
Have a dungeon ready to go to get to 99, so we'll try again later. However, I am working a new job that is 6 days on, 1 day off, with 12 hour days. So who knows when I'll get the time to actually stream! In the meantime I will probably level up a few characters, less because they need it at this point and more so that I can be ready for that 99th floor. :D

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Welp, we did it. 99 floors in one run. 4 more maps to go. Baal is a piece of work, then we've got Pringer X, and then... 2 other maps I haven't messed with, ever. So close!

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Extra Map 09 [EX9]

This video shows me dying to a mushroom, then killing the mushroom a second time.

Of course, the mushroom in this case is a representation of Baal. Baal is a superboss in the franchise that is generally one of the harder fights to beat, and within the franchise has a gimmick where if he is destroyed he can just move his soul to a new body while his old body is repairing. This, likely, is why we're fighting Baal as a mushroom guy.

I win this fight in the cheapest, most hilarious way possible. I encourage you to watch.

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

It is time to wrap this thread up, all.
I had hoped that, like the other maps, when you beat EX 10, 11, or 12 something about the world would be revealed. We'd learn a little more about, well, anything we faced.
Instead, these are really more filler fights. More cream-of-the-cream fights to reward people who had excellently leveled their characters and acquired amazing weapons they then further refined.
In a game that doesn't really do reincarnation (outside of reviving with specific books or eggs) and which doesn't really have great leveling opportunities late-game, the real game simply rewards those with enough patience to slog their way up to be able to take on these challenges... or who are capable of cheating.

Extra Map 10[EX10]
Extra Map 11 & 12 [EX11]

Only .7% of the people who have purchased this game on steam have 100% completed it. This isn't that surprising, really: many of the people who purchased this game likely did for nostalgia purposes. Heck, only 4 out of 5 people who purchase the game actually beat the tutorial! But it looks like I am about the 250th to get all achievements. Getting nothing from it from an in-game sense, it makes me wonder if it was worth it.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I still haven't found a Divine sword yet. I have finished my first 9,999,999,999 on all stats weapon which took about 30 hours in real time. I tried to shortcut another one but it's not working out so good.

When item farming, you can use the color of a given item to know the rank of it's title. It varies from item type to item type, but for example on Grass items, Rank 6 titles are on white-grey colored grass and Rank 7 titles are on olive green grass. At 9999 dungeon level and 99 floors, You can farm Rank 6 and 7 titles fairly constantly with Rank 7s having a 50% chance of spawning on any given visit.

Also if you're going for a max-stat weapon, level up your fusionist to around 6,000. This decreases the mana costs to more reasonable levels while fusing high stat materials into your final product.

Other than Stamp Ralley and the Divine Sword, I think you covered all the content of this game. Congratulations! Take a break and spend some time with your family for the holidays. When you're up for it, I'll be around for Disgaea 2 if you decide to LP again.

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

mastersord posted:

When you're up for it, I'll be around for Disgaea 2 if you decide to LP again.

I am never LPing again.

Never.

Ever.

Never ever.

N E V E R

There. I just guaranteed I would. That will do it.

Congrats to Mastersord and Nuramor as being chosen to get avatars and titles chosen by me! And I didn't even use red text! Thanks for following! The rest of you, sorry I only have so much money I can throw on an online messaging board, but hopefully the trip was worth it.

We won't be doing the stamp rally, which is basically a special change book, nor will we be going after the Divine Sword. I'm done with this game; stick a fork in it. Not going to uninstall, but it'll be nice to play other games in my dwindling spare time. Also not going to lock this thread; that can happen in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

sethimothy posted:

I am never LPing again.

Never.

Ever.

Never ever.

N E V E R

There. I just guaranteed I would. That will do it.

Congrats to Mastersord and Nuramor as being chosen to get avatars and titles chosen by me! And I didn't even use red text! Thanks for following! The rest of you, sorry I only have so much money I can throw on an online messaging board, but hopefully the trip was worth it.

We won't be doing the stamp rally, which is basically a special change book, nor will we be going after the Divine Sword. I'm done with this game; stick a fork in it. Not going to uninstall, but it'll be nice to play other games in my dwindling spare time. Also not going to lock this thread; that can happen in time.

I'm honored! No seriously! I will treasure it forever (digital forever at least, which might last about 5 years or until the site dies)! Thank you and happy holidays!

I'm currently running through the new Titan Quest expansion and then maybe back to Disgaea 2 at least until I pick up a Switch and grab Disgaea 5 among others.

• Locked thread