Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
For that chest in the hanging boat I've always just climbed up to the top of the house and done three or four air attacks after jumping towards it, you can usually land in the boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
here's a second TIPZ N TRIX! The monkey statues in the treasure room become activated after you drop the door to Jafar open and let you get blasted up to the remaining chests in that room. Also I have no idea if the category of keyblade the three wishes falls into exists for final mix but with Counterattack you can turn Sora into a spaz if you're whackin the fat heartless on the belly for a ton of iframes.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

GameboyHero posted:

I checked the treasure room to see if I could and so far nothing. Even with Aladdin. I did get the rest of the chest that were in there so I'm mostly done with Agrabah (just have a few more trinities left). Also no idea about Keyblade catagorties in the first game but if I'm reading up right, I should be getting counter attack pretty soon, which should help a lot in Hollow Bastion.

Checkin out a video or two to reinforce 14 year old memories looks like you had to stand on top of the heads to get the Aladdin prompt, although with High Jump you can get to the chests anyway.

As for the Keyblades I checked out the wikis and looks like it's got to do with the recoil stat, which is invisible on the equip screen. Recoil values above 60 let you do the counterattack spamming, almost every magic focused keychain's got a recoil of 1 along with most of the stubby Keyblades. Olympia's got a high recoil and you can get it right before Hollow Bastion at least, can give it a shot there.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

GameboyHero posted:

Huh, then again since you said it's an invisible stat, it's just something I never considered. I did get Olympia before Hollow Bastion so once I'm clear with the sewer portions of it (stuck with wooden sword at the moment), I should find out for sure.

Yeah same when I found it out, you kind of just end up whacking either a guarding enemy or a large body at some point especially in the Colosseum. By eyesight usually if the Keyblade's big and honkin it's got a high recoil.

The stat apparently affects how long your animation is when hitting a guard, with more frames the lower it is, I guess 60+ gives you 0 to recover out of with Counterattack.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
Here's another tip as you've gotten a ~magic focused Keyblade, +MP is the most useful stat for more powerful wizard skills as max MP is tied more heavily into spell damage than Sora's Magic stat. Higher max MP == more wizard murder!

Besides the Clayton fight giant Ursula was the other first boss fight to regularly kick my rear end as frequent Thunder casts are very rude. In addition to the auto tracking laser blasts

e: I didn't find this fact out by myself, speedruns provided this info which isn't given anywhere in game(?)

e2: Yeah for the first Ursula fight I've always just blasted the gently caress out of the cauldron with Fire/Fira until she gets whacked to poo poo.

Pelican Dunderhead fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
holy smokes what a mermaid

e: nice

Pelican Dunderhead fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 14, 2017

• Locked thread