Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What Is FloSlam?

FloSlam is an online streaming service similar to WWE Network, dedicated to independent wrestling and hosted by the FloSports family of Networks.

How Much Does It Cost?

FloSlam is available for $19.99 per-month or an annual fee of $150. The annual fee includes access to every FloSports channel that exists, so if you like grappling or real wrestling or rodeo or cheerleading or whatever, you should probably do the Annual.

Which companies are on FloSlam?

As of 11/28/16, the WWN family of shows (Evolve, Shine, FIP, etc.), PWX, and Tommy Dreamer's House of Hardcore. Also some other poo poo I've never heard of with people I've never heard of.

LOL WWN iPPV's!!! Does it work?

Yes. Thus far it has worked very well. I watched the first event they did live, which was a Shine show, and two Evolve events live, and the quality far surpasses anything WWN has had before. Whether it's worth the cost or not is up to you I guess, but the technical side of it has been exceptional thus far.

Are there old events on here?

Yes, it's hosting the libraries for these promotions, which are being put up gradually. Good luck finding poo poo though because the interface blows. Right now it's organized via a blog entry which hosts links to videos. Yay!

So how do I watch?

FloSports has apps on the Roku and newer generation Apple TV's. If you have neither of those, I guess watch on your computer or tablet or whatever. I have a newer Apple TV and it works great. I also have an older-gen Apple TV in my bedroom and it works great airplaying to that as well.

Should I sign up?

If you're someone who was routinely buying Evolve shows, absolutely. If you were thinking about getting into Evolve but weren't sure because of spending all the money on individual shows, I'd say look at a busy month like December with the HoH shows and the two Evolve events and give it a one-month go to see if you like it. I did the annual fee thing because I was probably spending about $100 a year on Evolve anyway so I figured why not. Thus far, I do not feel like I haven't gotten my money's worth. The streams are great quality, they haven't died on me once, replays go up fast and the libraries are being added in what I would consider a reasonable amount of time.

Final Verdict - If you watched a lot of Evolve/Shine before, you should do it. If you didn't watch that much before, you should probably hold off until you see if any other promotions you like get added to the service.

What's Coming Up?

2/23 - IPW-UK Harlow
2/24 - Evolve 78
2/25 - Evolve 79
2/25 - Pro Wrestling Revolution
3/10 - Shine
3/11 - WWN & ACW Present My Bloody Valentine 2
3/12 - Style Battle 3
3/19 - IPW-UK Supershow 7
3/30 - Evolve 80
3/30 - Joey Janela's Spring Break
3/31 - Evolve 81
4/1 - WWN Supershow
4/1 - Beyond Wrestling
4/17 - Lucha Forever 1
4/21 - House of Hardcore 24
4/22 - House of Hardcore 25

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I updated the OP with information about FloSlam for anyone interested.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LuFisto got fat

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Willninho posted:

Does Floslam not have mobile app?

No but the videos play fine in a mobile browser

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Interesting stip in the current WWE signing everyone climate. There's signing rumours about two people in the match.

Thea and Andrea?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Germansimp posted:

Thea because she's with Aries and Amber O'Neal cause she is with Gallows. Gives the WWE 2 more real-life couples that they can break up on-screen because Vince hates happy couples.

Pretty sure Amber and Gallows are done

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So he's saying it's not FloSports fault. I'm assuming either Gabe or an investor asked for him to be shitcanned.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

oatgan posted:

wXw coming to Flo hell yeah

The anniversary show is already up on highspots network

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If they don't have someone pop out of the plants, interfere, then pop back in, they're doing it wrong.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There's some very bad Hanson-Chris Hero hybrid on FIP right now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

oatgan posted:

this is the worst wrestling show i've seen in i dont know how long

Yep this is horrendously bad.

It's sub-$5 Wrestling

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh my god this segment

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

IPW: UK Supershow 6 is live on Sunday at 1 p.m. ET

The Main Event - Armed Warfare
- Team Sammy (Smooth/Star/Duggan/Donnelly) vs. Havoc's Army (Havoc/Conners/Sabre Jr/Honey)
:: Two wrestlers start out the match and every 3 minutes a new wrestler joins the fray. Every wrestler is allowed to bring one weapon into the match and it will be legal to use!

International Singles Match #1 - First Time Ever
- Former WWE star John Morrison takes on the returning 'Villain' Marty Scurll

International Singles Match #2 - First Time Ever
- The returning Matt Riddle takes on WWE UK Title competitor 'Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne

International Tag Team Re-Match
- War Machine (Hanson/Rowe) vs. The London Riots (Davis/Lynch)
:: If The Riots retain the week before, it will become a Tag Team Title match!

Tag Team Rankings Match
- #CCK (Brookes/Lykos) vs. Project Lucha (Ligero/Kirby)

10,000 Cuban Peso Challenge Match
- Cuban Heat (w/ The Banker & Big T) vs. Jack Sexsmith!

PLUS TWO MORE huge matches to be announced! Featuring the likes of: Love Island star Adam 'Flex' Maxted, Women's Champion The Amazon, 'Blackbelt' Tom Dawkins & more!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The IPW:UK show just started

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ethan page is getting quite fat

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This weekend's FloSlam Cards:

Thursday, Feb. 23
IPW-UK Harlow (happened on Sunday, airs for the first time Thursday night)
International Singles Match
- Former WWE star MVP in vs. "No Fun" Damian Dunne!

All-England Title Match
- Scott Star (c) [5 defences] vs. Jordan Wade (of The Ruckers)

IPW:UK Women's Title Triple-Threat Match
- The Amazon (c) [2nd defence] vs. Chakara vs. Nightshade

Tag Team Match
- #CCK (Brookes/Lykos) vs. Maverick & Hunter

Tag Team Match
- The Monsters (Snare/eXodus, w/ Mr. Line) vs. Blackbelt & Strike

Singles Grudge Match
- Oliver Peace (of the Tassel Tusslers) vs. Nick Andreas (of The Ruckers)

---

Friday, Feb. 24
Evolve 78

EVOLVE Championship Match - First-Time-Ever In EVOLVE Match #1
Timothy Thatcher w/ Stokely Hathaway defends vs. EVOLVE Tag Team Champion Fred Yehi

First-Time-Ever In EVOLVE Match #2
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Keith Lee

First-Time-Ever In EVOLVE Match #3
Drew Galloway vs. Jeff Cobb

First-Time-Ever In EVOLVE Match #4
EVOLVE Tag Team Champion Tracy Williams vs. ACH

First-Time-Ever In EVOLVE Match #5
Matt Riddle vs. Anthony Henry

First-Time-Ever In EVOLVE Match #6
Ethan Page with The Gatekeepers vs. Jason Kincaid

First-Time-Ever In EVOLVE Match #7
Chris Dickinson & Jaka vs. The Gatekeepers

First-Time-Ever In EVOLVE Match #8
Darby Allin vs. Austin Theory

---

Saturday, Feb. 25
Evolve 79

EVOLVE Championship Match
Tim Thatcher with Stokely Hathaway/Fred Yehi winner at EVOLVE 78 defends vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Bonus Match Event Grudge Match
Drew Galloway vs. Matt Riddle

Grudge Match
Ethan Page with The Gatekeepers vs. Darby Allin

Special Challenge Match #1
EVOLVE Tag Team Champion Tracy Williams vs. Keith Lee

Special Challenge Match #2
ACH vs. Jason Kincaid

Special Attraction Match
Jeff Cobb vs. Jaka

Four Way Freestyle
Thatcher/Yehi loser at EVOLVE 78 vs. Chris Dickinson vs. Austin Theory vs. Anthony Henry

Pro Wrestling Revolution
LUCHA SUPER ESTELAR
Vaquero Fantasma vs. Ultimo Dragon

LUCHA ESTELAR
Ultimo Panda vs. Kikutaro

PRO WRESTLING REVOLUTION WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES
La Migra vs. Los Luchas

CHOQUE DE ESTILOS
Arkady Federov w/Dmitry Romanov vs. Misterioso Jr.

LUCHA DE TERCIAS
Grappler III – Papo Esco – Cazador del Alma
vs.
Jody Kristofferson – Jungle Boy – Pantera Jr.

PRIMERA LUCHA
“El Chicano” Memo Cuevas vs. El Zucarita

Also, they formally list Evolve 80, Evolve 81, the WWN Supershow, Joey Janela's Spring Break, and Beyond as live for Wrestlemania weekend.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

God bless Joey Janela

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh my god

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

poo poo, Kingston vs Tremont, too? That could be a pretty nice tilt. Hope that show ends up on HSN.

It won't. It's on FloSlam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They sent out a survey a while ago and I made a comment about how their archive sucks and it was a mess to find anything that wasn't live. Am employee emailed me about it for clarification and we ended up in a long string of emails.

He seemed quite stupid and at one point I just laid it out there via email that their live stream is quite beautiful and it's a shame the rest of the thing is such a shitshow because some basic organization to the archived content could make it a really great product.

He then asked me what they could do to make them my primary source for non video wrestling content and I said nothing, because I will never go to FloSlam for wrestling news. I never heard anything back after that.

• Locked thread