Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
You should use Garfu's busted serverfiles so that Jusupov and I are permanently bugged as lvl 100s on the leaderboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinky
Jan 3, 2004
9 fingers, no way!

pokchu posted:

You should use Garfu's busted serverfiles so that Jusupov and I are permanently bugged as lvl 100s on the leaderboard

I am using Garfu's files, but just the mod files and such. I did a fresh setup of all the server stuff: D2GS, D2DB, D2CS, PvPGN. That means, fresh ladder/leaderboards. Sorry boss, but youll have to race to 100 to get that spot.

Pinky fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 6, 2017

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
please nsfw tag your level 100 chat. I have a nasty gag reflex after doing it in poe

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

funmanguy posted:

please nsfw tag your level 100 chat. I have a nasty gag reflex after doing it in poe

It's far easier in D2ES, especially with the changes to cloned bosses. But I'm not giving away the goodS!

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I have no idea what hat means

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
There are zones which have "clones" of bosses. For instance, "Blood Raven's Workshop" in Tamoe Highlands has a bunch of Blood Raven clones. There's an area in Act 3 populated with Duriel clones. One of Garfu's modifications was to jac up their XP & drop tables to make them actually worth farming, and now they are really, REALLY good.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
ahhhhh, I have been farming a whole lot of cows in nightmare to get less terrible for hell immunities. I will branch out

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Do you have the D2ES map?

I googled one here: http://esdb.d2se.org/es3map_n.htm

At first glance it seems relatively accurate. The list of "Special Dungeons/Areas" is where you find those sorts of things. One thing to note is that regardless of where they appear, the special areas have roughly the same monster/zone level as end-game areas for that difficulty.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

funmanguy posted:

ahhhhh, I have been farming a whole lot of cows in nightmare to get less terrible for hell immunities. I will branch out

Go do some ghost cows! They're in A2. Also check out the whole long endgame dungeon in a5. Tons of bosses, and ridiculous piles of loot

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Hooplah posted:

Go do some ghost cows! They're in A2. Also check out the whole long endgame dungeon in a5. Tons of bosses, and ridiculous piles of loot

Specifically, go to the "Naraku" under the Ancient's Way, then go exploring down that branch a bunch. (And when you get to the "dead end," it's not a dead end.)

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

pokchu posted:

There are zones which have "clones" of bosses. For instance, "Blood Raven's Workshop" in Tamoe Highlands has a bunch of Blood Raven clones. There's an area in Act 3 populated with Duriel clones. One of Garfu's modifications was to jac up their XP & drop tables to make them actually worth farming, and now they are really, REALLY good.

Oh so that's why I instantly died when I went into that cave last night. I thought it was a normal cave and was getting really confused as to why I was getting insta-stun locked and killed by everything. Didn't realize it was a post-Act 5 thing.

Pinky
Jan 3, 2004
9 fingers, no way!

pokchu posted:

Do you have the D2ES map?

I googled one here: http://esdb.d2se.org/es3map_n.htm

At first glance it seems relatively accurate. The list of "Special Dungeons/Areas" is where you find those sorts of things. One thing to note is that regardless of where they appear, the special areas have roughly the same monster/zone level as end-game areas for that difficulty.

Pretty sure that is accurate!

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

axeil posted:

Oh so that's why I instantly died when I went into that cave last night. I thought it was a normal cave and was getting really confused as to why I was getting insta-stun locked and killed by everything. Didn't realize it was a post-Act 5 thing.

Yeah, when you get to act 2, don't try and power through the ghost cows to get to the claw viper temple. There is a better way.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Hooplah posted:

I do, I also do the fake note factory because $$$

just figured out forging, double my life total in hell. good times.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 6, 2017

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

funmanguy posted:

pro-tip: You can forge unique charms, including your damage augmenter charm (although it doesn't work in my Frankenstein ES install).

Pinky
Jan 3, 2004
9 fingers, no way!

Hyedum posted:

pro-tip: You can forge unique charms, including your damage augmenter charm (although it doesn't work in my Frankenstein ES install).

Delete all that Frankeninstall and follow my guide man. It all works (except, apparently, SP PlugY)

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

funmanguy posted:

Learn to love Tab Forging, Class forging and All Skills forging. The most effective way of scaling your damage is by getting your skills to 50. You can class forge unique jewels, too!

Pinky
Jan 3, 2004
9 fingers, no way!

pokchu posted:

Learn to love Tab Forging, Class forging and All Skills forging. The most effective way of scaling your damage is by getting your skills to 50. You can class forge unique jewels, too!

Indeed! My rings are giving me +5 to my skills, which is awesome!

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Does this version you're working on also have the tinkering changes that Garfu made?

Pinky
Jan 3, 2004
9 fingers, no way!

pokchu posted:

Does this version you're working on also have the tinkering changes that Garfu made?

Yes. All previous Goontopia specific changes should be present in both the Single Player install I sent out and on the realm. I literally copied and pasted Garfu's files into the install package and into the server files.

Do you know if those changes are different than what is on this page: https://d2es.github.io/item-db/items/newstuff.htm ?

Pinky fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 6, 2017

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Pinky posted:

Indeed! My rings are giving me +5 to my skills, which is awesome!

HOW

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Also, it seems that cows drop the SA rune much more often than anything else....

:thunk:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
that one's on purpose iirc

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
So is there a master post for the single player install? And what it does/doesn't include?

Appologies if it's been asked and answered

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

pokchu posted:

So is there a master post for the single player install? And what it does/doesn't include?

Appologies if it's been asked and answered

Pinky posted:

In lieu of packing a preping for my vacation, I fixed D2ESGT install for ya'll. Heres the new digs. Sorry for my gently caress-ups in not getting the Goontopia changes in correctly. Below is the new Guide.docx hosted with the proper files at [url] https://mega.nz/#F!9agHTLBY!d0dcejXhy9VkNWXqUb7izg [/url]

Hey guys! Here is the revised, easier, guide. This method has all the bells and whistles including functional Goontopia changes, functional GlideWarpper for better resolution, and less steps!

Things to note:

• This is for single player. There is no realm currently, but I’m hoping to fix that in August
    • Press F1 for maphack. This maphack includes map, light radius, mobs and properties, but not missiles.
    • This process will install Diablo 2, Eastern Sun, Goontopia Eastern Sun changes, and a slew of add-ons like D2 Loader, D2HackIt, Maphack, Plug-y, GlideWrapper (for up to 1600x1200) and a bevy of other tools.
    • Please visit https://sites.google.com/site/madbrahmin/d2es to see how to use the D2HackIt Modules like .as (auto stock)!
    • All hail Garfu for his unending support and general awesomeness
    • If the hosting breaks, please PM me and I’ll throw the files back up somewhere else.
    • All files can be downloaded here: https://mega.nz/#F!9agHTLBY!d0dcejXhy9VkNWXqUb7izg
    o Only ones needed are Step 1.zip and Step 2.zip

pre:
    1.	Extract 'Step 1.zip' to the path you want your ‘Diablo II’ folder to live
    2.	Extract 'Step 2.zip' into the Diablo II folder created during step 1
    3.	Set 'Diablo II.exe' to Compatibility mode
                 a.	Navigate to your new ‘Diablo II’ folder created in step 1
                 b.	Locate 'Diablo II.exe' and right click on it
                 c.	Select Properties
                 d.	On the Compatibility tab, click the 'Change settings for all users button'
                 e.	Check ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for:’
                       e1.	In the drop down, select 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2)'
                 f.	Check 'Disable desktop composition'
                 g.	Check 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings'
                 h.	Check 'Run this program as an administrator'
                 i.	Press 'OK'
                 j.	Press 'OK'
    4.	[OPTIONAL] Make a shortcut to 'Diablo II.exe' on your desktop
                 a.	Navigate to your new ‘Diablo II’ folder created in step 1
                 b.	Locate 'Diablo II.exe' and right click on it
                 c.	Select ‘Send To’ and then click 'Desktop (create shortcut)'
    5.	Enjoy! 

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to access duriel's chamber? First character on pinky's install, I inserted the staff and the wall fell down but I can't go in the hole. I reopened the game and regenerated the map but I still can't go through it. What gives? All a2 quests are done besides Radament and the duriel one.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Hooplah posted:

Does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to access duriel's chamber? First character on pinky's install, I inserted the staff and the wall fell down but I can't go in the hole. I reopened the game and regenerated the map but I still can't go through it. What gives? All a2 quests are done besides Radament and the duriel one.

Did you both collect and craft the staff on the difficulty you're on?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Yep, level 20 character, the first time i've been there on this install. I've played so much goddamn d2/es and had plenty of quest state problems, but I've never had this issue. I'm stumped

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Hooplah posted:

This might be a bug that happens when you put certain skills that aren't designed to be on left click on the left click key. Try switching your left click skill to something like basic attack.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Or talk to drognan

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Is there any way in SP to force start a new game/instance? Restarting client?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Garfu posted:

edit: For people asking about the gem can editing, you can use the included tool in the zip I set Pinky up with (maybe just link the tool?), it's a character editor, you can edit your items and whatnot in it. Maybe I'll make a tutorial later today.

Garfu posted:

Here's the client zip: http://garfu.net/goontopia_client.zip

The best way I've found to get everything working ez pz is to just extract that over a download of "Diablo 2 with Lord of Destruction (v1.13c) (Direct Play)"

The latest patch is in the d2gs directory of the server files.

Is this the zip file you/'re referring to? I downloaded it but I don't see any character editor tools here.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

axeil posted:

Is this the zip file you/'re referring to? I downloaded it but I don't see any character editor tools here.

https://sites.google.com/site/madbrahmin/d2es/d2essavefix

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCOQYchMm2Y

Pinky
Jan 3, 2004
9 fingers, no way!

Yup. Open that, point it at your saved toon, find the gem can from the inventory tab, edit away!

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Mince Pieface posted:

This might be a bug that happens when you put certain skills that aren't designed to be on left click on the left click key. Try switching your left click skill to something like basic attack.

Ah! That's it. I have fire wave on my left click. Thanks!

pokchu posted:

Is there any way in SP to force start a new game/instance? Restarting client?

I just opened a tcp/ip game. Online games always force a new map. I know there's an ini setting somewhere to do that in single player but I can't remember it.

e- oh yeah that's a plugy thing.

Hooplah fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 7, 2017

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

You're awesome

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
hmmm, do the kanji runewords work?

Pinky
Jan 3, 2004
9 fingers, no way!

funmanguy posted:

hmmm, do the kanji runewords work?

They should, but I havent tried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Pinky posted:

They should, but I havent tried

I tried doing Sunlight on a three socket shield and it just ends up with the bonus from sun+ko+u. Not sure if I am doing something wrong. Its a normal three socket reflection shield that started as a magic one that I reciped, is that matters.

also wtf is shaved dice

• Locked thread