Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

or you can disconnect from the internet and set your date back a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pyroi posted:

If you make a new character, you only keep costumes and attacks. Everything else, including the story, characters, stages, PQs, etc, you have to unlock all over again.

Are you loving making GBS threads me :psyduck:

Is there a way around this at all? Because I wanna mess around with alts the way I did in XV1 when I'm done with the story, and in XV1 this was piss easy

e: also, to the person who kinda doesn't get UI Goku in XV2: his health is way less of an issue than you'd think, because he just straight up no-sells a large chunk of attacks automatically. in addition, his basic attack strings are hilariously loving strong and can pretty much stunlock anything, in addition to cancelling really well into Godly Display (which is a loving incredible ult).

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 19, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
For anyone who wants to avoid redoing everything on a new character, there's a save editor on PC

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Best AI partners? UI Goku is awesome. Supervillain Cooler does too.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Fourth Piccolo

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

Honestly.......no idea, I never ran with any specific AI partners.....just whoever's voice was coolest and whoever was my current mentor. Once I hit like lvl 80 on my strike earthling the AI became more of a hindrance than a help because they would knock people out of my combos

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I've been having fun with the partner customizing stuff. I can colour coordinate characters for my super sentai loving butt and then use Dual attacks in combination with them. Friendship truly is the most powerful thing in the universe!

It definitely gave me an excuse to level up and make friends with this guy again:

Is that the real Goku? Maybe! He has all of his powers after all!

Also, I noticed that whatever you unlock with TP on a character gets unlocked across all of your guys. Which was a bit of a relief. The thought of grinding a bunch of TP to unlock stuff on each of my guys was a bit discouraging at first.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Well that's super cute

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Reinanigans posted:

I've been doing a bunch of low level PQs and rolling in with 3 Brolys is consistently hilarious

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Until you get to like the crazy post game ones the PQs seem like they are difficulty wise tweaked for not bringing any partners.

Mostly though I just avoided bringing AI partners because if you're full up your mentor wont show when you're in trouble and thats a cool mechanic.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Bushmaori posted:

Well that's super cute

Half my guys are buus and fembuus. I think they're cute as heck.

Also, it gives me a reason to use up all of my preset slots, which I rarely use up on any of my other characters.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I know you can win with whatever, but if I have the Meditation skill, could I reroll my stats and reallocate all the Ki points to other stuff?

I never use Strike skills because I felt like splitting my points between both kinds of supers was a waste, but if I don’t have to worry about Ki...

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Holy crap, I cannot get the TP shop to give me what I want.

I'm on Switch, the console is on Airplane mode (no internet) and I turned off automatic date/time.

I keep switching the date from one weekend (Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays) and nothing changes.

I just want to buy Super Trunks' stuff (clothes, moves, etc.)

Am I doing something wrong? Was this patched?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Nanigans posted:

Am I doing something wrong? Was this patched?

I've honestly been wondering the same thing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I finally got enough TP medals to buy the clothes I need for Bojack and whoops, the store doesn't have them anymore

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Improbable Lobster posted:

I finally got enough TP medals to buy the clothes I need for Bojack and whoops, the store doesn't have them anymore

Same. I was trying to get Super Trunks' clothes/moves, though.

I have all of Bojack's stuff available, though! :downs:

Wish there were a system to gift/trade with people.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Nanigans posted:

Wish there were a system to gift/trade with people.

There is? At least on PC anyway.

I don't know if there's any restrictions on TP store stuff, but I know I've sent gear to people in the past when they got started and couldn't afford/earn certain stuff yet.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

There is? At least on PC anyway.

I don't know if there's any restrictions on TP store stuff, but I know I've sent gear to people in the past when they got started and couldn't afford/earn certain stuff yet.

Huh. I'm on Switch. Not sure if it's possible there.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Nanigans posted:

Huh. I'm on Switch. Not sure if it's possible there.

If it exists it would be in a hut to the left of the TP Store hut.

Assuming the TP Store is placed in the same location on both systems, next to the FAQ/Help hut.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Is there "Game of the Year" release of XV2 that includes all the DLC or anything like that yet?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Give up on the trading equipment idea. It only allows very low-ranking stuff, it doesn't let you send anything that you'd actually want to send.

Why? I have no loving idea.

boxen posted:

Is there "Game of the Year" release of XV2 that includes all the DLC or anything like that yet?

Not yet.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Blaze Dragon posted:

Give up on the trading equipment idea. It only allows very low-ranking stuff, it doesn't let you send anything that you'd actually want to send.

Why? I have no loving idea.

Not yet.

That is...baffling.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
If I replay the Fu storyline stuff with different mentors (I had Goku set the first time), do I get more TP for beating each level again?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nanigans posted:

If I replay the Fu storyline stuff with different mentors (I had Goku set the first time), do I get more TP for beating each level again?

From the start?

Not sure honestly.

I'm pretty sure you don't when you use Tokipedia thing to redo the missions with different people

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Would someone explain to me how the weekend TP shop works? I figured out that the TP shop exploit only affects stuff that is not related to DLC, that's fine.

But seeing as today is Saturday, shouldn't there be weekend stuff in there that doesn't normally show up? Is it only during certain hours of the day on weekends? This game does an absolutely horrible job of explaining poo poo like this.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
The TP shop used to only be open on weekends. Now it's open all the time. I don't think they ever claimed that there'd be different stuff on the weekend?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yeah, but they weren’t changing what’s in the TP shop which was my problem.

It seems they ARE changing one thing: the gifts. This week has the swim suits for 18 and Videl (:rolleyes:), and that’s the last announced DLC, so speculation is that next week they’ll make everything accessible all the time or start cycling through items from the beginning.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I really don't understand some of those costume decisions. You give me a playable Ranger 17, but no Tracksuit 18 costume?

No Videl in her cool modern red outfit? Hell, her dad gets to go joke Super Saiyan, gimmie a costume of her going SS too! At least she actually went SS, even if ever so briefly via Pan!

Cool punchgirls are limited enough as it is in this game. I really couldn't care less about putting them into bikinis. It's just lazy af.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So uhhhhh Expert Mission 15, huh...Anyone around want to help me out with this?

edit: Nevermind. I used this guy's strategy and it worked 100%: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/190457-dragon-ball-xenoverse-2/74526456

I don't even use a ki-blast character. I just put on all of Beerus' clothes, took off my QQ bang, and with 0 ki blast investment, I killed it on the first try.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 15, 2018

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
What is the cost to get all the DLC at this point? There are what, 2 season passes now? I bought this on release and never finished it, and now I’m getting a bit of a hankering.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I kind of feel that unless you're really into a specific character/mentor/etc. the second set of DLC is a better bang for the buck as a bundle as you also get the Tokipedia story mode on top of new PQs and almost as many new characters and skills for less.

That said, either DLC package is a far better deal than buying any of them individually.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

They really need to put all the DLC on sale eventually. I'd happily buy both Packs if they weren't so expensive, especially the second since it looks genuinely fun and interesting.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Blaze Dragon posted:

They really need to put all the DLC on sale eventually. I'd happily buy both Packs if they weren't so expensive, especially the second since it looks genuinely fun and interesting.

I am not sure they ever did for Xenoverse, but MAYBE just before Xenoverse 2 came out. I ended up buying it RIGHT at the tail end, and I was waiting for a sale. I can't recall if it was because I just broke and was like, screw it I want the extra story content, or if they eventually did put it on sale ( On PS4 at least ).

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Am I reading this right? Is it seriously cheaper right now to re-buy the game digitally ( $39.59 ) and get the 'Deluxe' version with all the DLC than to buy the season passes? Or does this improperly list coming with all the DLC and it only comes with the first season pass ( Which would make more sense ).

The Season Pass is still showing up as $29.99.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

deluxe is only the first season pass

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I AM THE MOON posted:

deluxe is only the first season pass

Well pits, still a decent deal if you don’t have it at all. Unfortunate.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Giving this thread a bump for Dragonball Legends. Apparently it's kind of like a mobile Xenoverse (yay) minus character creation (boo). The intro is hype as gently caress for a mobile game and the music is... well it's a weird mix of techno and buttrock but it's better than the dogshit Xenoverse track. Overall it looks like a fun time waster, at least until the inevitable p2w parts happen.

After playing it for a bit, it feels a lot like a mix of the Xenoverse 2 PQs and the figure minigame.

EDIT: I just got a high tier Chiaotzu and kicked all kinds of rear end with him, then Jaco joined my party and him pissing himself through his head-pores is an actual honest to god attack. This game loving rules

Mr. Creakle fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 22, 2018

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

extra row of teeth posted:

Giving this thread a bump for Dragonball Legends. Apparently it's kind of like a mobile Xenoverse (yay) minus character creation (boo). The intro is hype as gently caress for a mobile game and the music is... well it's a weird mix of techno and buttrock but it's better than the dogshit Xenoverse track. Overall it looks like a fun time waster, at least until the inevitable p2w parts happen.

After playing it for a bit, it feels a lot like a mix of the Xenoverse 2 PQs and the figure minigame.

EDIT: I just got a high tier Chiaotzu and kicked all kinds of rear end with him, then Jaco joined my party and him pissing himself through his head-pores is an actual honest to god attack. This game loving rules

Didn't realize this came out, thanks for the tip!

I am curious about how it works, since most phone games I'm used to aren't super action heavy. Clickers and Matching games mostly.

I know fortnite is a mobile game, but that blows my loving mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Boo. My phone can't play Legends.

Oh well, seems that they're working on more Xenoverse 2 content. So that's something for me to look forward to, I guess.

And there's still half of a leaked DLC roster to look forward to in FighterZ.

• Locked thread