Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

That was my first thought. It only lists the basic costume though, no accessory.

aw hell, you're right. If it's not in the TP medal shop then yeah, I don't know where to get it either

Also head's up new players, the TP medal shop changes weekly. It used to change every weekend (and it was only available on the weekend) but a few patches ago they made it accessible any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Blaze Dragon posted:

Bad direction in general, I've been watching videos of the new arc and it's impressive how they managed to gently caress up every single line. Nearly none of them has the written text and the voiced words match.

It may genuinely be worse than the rest of the game, which is impressive.

In voice acting in particular though, Beerus saying "someone's getting HAKAI'D" was incredibly cringey. Especially considering the written text had it as "destroyed". Is this seriously what they're going for in the dub? Keeping an easily translated Japanese word untranslated?

All according to keikaku

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Xenoverse 2 feels like it's either the laziest or lowest budget game I've ever played, goddamn. Why do I keep playing it

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Xenoverse 2 is fun.

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Improbable Lobster posted:

Xenoverse 2 feels like it's either the laziest or lowest budget game I've ever played, goddamn. Why do I keep playing it

Yes, there are many instances where is very annoying but...

HalfHazard posted:

Xenoverse 2 is fun.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Is there a guide or map to where Buu's food spawns? I kinda only find it randomly right now.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Also Yamcha is the best teacher due to his constant bewhilderment

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Is there a guide or map to where Buu's food spawns? I kinda only find it randomly right now.

There's an NPC on the right-hand side of the road up to the accessory shop / patroller academy named Sissito who will give you two pretty good food items about 75% of the time it feels like. She has a red question mark over her head.

Actually there are many NPCs like that all over Conton City. It's usually a good idea to sniff around them any time you're nearby.

EDIT: Yeah you can also just buy food.

Chachi fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 5, 2018

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Honestly if you just want to rush through the Majin Buu quest, you can just buy 99 waters for real cheap from the item shop, that takes care of two children by itself.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I'm playing a Majin so it does seem worth doing

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Babe Magnet posted:

aw hell, you're right. If it's not in the TP medal shop then yeah, I don't know where to get it either

Also head's up new players, the TP medal shop changes weekly. It used to change every weekend (and it was only available on the weekend) but a few patches ago they made it accessible any time.

I've been checking it for a while now and it doesn't seem to change much at all lately? It's been pretty much mostly Bojack and crew stuff for a couple weeks now. Think the only thing I noticed come and go were the Majin M and the oozaru fur.

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Bad direction in general, I've been watching videos of the new arc and it's impressive how they managed to gently caress up every single line. Nearly none of them has the written text and the voiced words match.

I think the reason for the mismatch is that the voiced lines were trying to match the lip flaps as much as they could, while the subtitles were just a straight one-pass translation from the original Japanese. And then neither side compared notes to clean it up the subtitles. And all the voice lines were done in one take.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also Jiren's personality in the show and the game are hilariously at odds.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
despite my best intentions, my childhood self is bursting through like an alien monstrosity and it wants more Dragon Ball.

Is Xenoverse 2 still the same saiyan->super saiyan spam Perfect Kamehameha until everything dies or did it nerf that aspect a bit? I made a human strike character in the first game and getting through the unlock grind was kind of unbearable. I then made a tiny female saiyan that just spammed powers and holy poo poo was that much faster(and less fun).

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Halser posted:

despite my best intentions, my childhood self is bursting through like an alien monstrosity and it wants more Dragon Ball.

Is Xenoverse 2 still the same saiyan->super saiyan spam Perfect Kamehameha until everything dies or did it nerf that aspect a bit? I made a human strike character in the first game and getting through the unlock grind was kind of unbearable. I then made a tiny female saiyan that just spammed powers and holy poo poo was that much faster(and less fun).

XV2 heavily nerfs Super Saiyan, it no longer has infinite ki, grind was improved, Ultimate Finishes will always go off if the requirements were met, and every race gets their own transformation to play around with. Golden Freeza is probably the best, but Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is super cool, as is Great Namekian.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Pyroi posted:

XV2 heavily nerfs Super Saiyan, it no longer has infinite ki, grind was improved, Ultimate Finishes will always go off if the requirements were met, and every race gets their own transformation to play around with. Golden Freeza is probably the best, but Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is super cool, as is Great Namekian.

sounds good. My fanboyism will get me through all the broken poo poo, then.

Just need to wait for a sale because holy poo poo the amount of DLC in this thing

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They didn't nerf SSJ so much as it's a whole different thing now.

You don't turn back into base form when you run out of ki, and none of the forms actively drain ki anymore unless you use a specific super soul that does that.

Instead it's just a flat buff to everything and you can teleport when you do charged attacks without using ki.

Golden Form is without a doubt the best transformation in the game though. It makes you super fast, it boosts your ki blasts out the rear end, if you pair it with Power Biased Transformation it lets you punch super hard and most of all

That loving basic charged ki blast. normally they're just good for a laugh, maybe stop them from charging. For Golden Form, it changes your basic charged ki blast into a goddamn DEATH BEAM that hits like a mack truck and you can spam it without worry because despite it doing as much damage as a normal super attack, it takes no ki.

Golden Form is God tier.

SSJ Blue's damage output is insane but it drains ki actively and if you run out, you turn back to base form, so you have to manage your poo poo wisely there.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
You gotta really work for it but you can also get the Elder Kai Potential Unlock which all the races can use and is pretty good

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Squallege posted:

You gotta really work for it but you can also get the Elder Kai Potential Unlock which all the races can use and is pretty good

It's not that hard to get

But it is also REALLY good especially if you want to punch dudes. Pair it with A Power Biased Transformation and go punch fools all day long.

Or embrace the glory of I Am Neither Kami Nor Piccolo, which has secretly been UNnerfed from the first game. The regeneration is really good and will make you unable to die if you play right.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Is Majin Purification any good? Also is it always just straight up Kid Buu or does the Pure "form" at least get a recolour if you aren't bubblegum pink?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it changes color with your skin color, and it's apparently a pretty decent stat buff and it's supposed to be pretty good for PQs but...

I hate it though, preset moves, always the same appearance no matter what gear or gender you are, all sorts of things that I don't like when playing a custom character in games. I just use Potential Unleashed or nothing at all on my Majin

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Is Majin Purification any good? Also is it always just straight up Kid Buu or does the Pure "form" at least get a recolour if you aren't bubblegum pink?

You're better off using Potential Unleashed. It's just not great and it's so boring as a concept too.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Pureauthor posted:

Also Jiren's personality in the show and the game are hilariously at odds.

to be fair Jiren in the show has at least 2 different personalities too, so if even the show isn't consistent on how he's supposed to act the game was kind of screwed from the get go.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Purification is just... lazy. It's not even a cool concept in practice. Purification is the only one that forces you into both a specific set of mechanics and look. There's no way to be creative with it visually or mechanically.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Statistically it's fine if you use it with the soul that's specific to it. You're just playing a supercharged Kid Buu at that point, though.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I don’t think the game does a good job explaining these souls, but then maybe I skipped through the explanation.

Aside from the described effects, what do the souls do? I see numbers on the left ranging 1-5. Do those mean anything other than rarity/power?

Also, what do I do with Mr. Satan coins?

Also, also, how/when can I get Potential Unleashed and SSJ Blue? Is SSJGod even a thing? The red one.

Still haven’t tried to mess with the QQ Bang thing. Can someone explain it to me?

Is there a list of super broken attacks/moves? I’m playing a super short/skinny balanced male saiyan (I know, yawn), and I keep my stats balanced, minus strike supers. Is there any difference in what you can/ cannot do based on your build?

How do I get more Dragon Balls? I’ve been sitting on 3 for weeks.

What’s a quick way to cheese Mr. Satan’s combo requests? I think I topped out at 55 hits.

I’m having a lot of fun with this, and I’m already itching to make a new file with a new class.

Oh yeah, I think I finally “get” the thread title. Does Guru’s house ever *stop* getting attacked?

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 6, 2018

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Rarity mostly. They might also corelate to power, but that's impossible considering that Mr. Satan's gi is only 1 Star, and he's the strongest there is.

Sell 'em. Free cash.

Potential Unleashed is obtained if you Z-Rank all the Advancement Exams, and then beat the extra one that becomes available after that. For Blue, you need to be level 90 and become BFFs with Whis. He'll give it to you. God is only Goku.

Mash together clothing and you get an equippable item that overwrites all of the stat changes on your clothing with whatever the QQ Bang has. Very useful for fashion.

You can pretty much do anything, minmaxing isn't as severe as in the original Xenoverse. All your stats go up as you level up, and having 125 in a stat isn't as big of a boost as it was in the first game. Just do whatever, have fun, and if you need help on a PQ, go online, because even the worst player is better than the AI. As for broken moves, I like Evil Explosion. 1 ki and a bit of charging time for a hell of a lot of damage.

The Parallel Quest Explosion of Namek, beat Freeza, then make sure you're the one to take out the Time Patrollers.

Super Ki Explosion. Keeps going as long as you have ki.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
...wow. Didn’t expect such a quick/excellent reply! Thank you!

Where/when can I get Super Ki Explosion?

Is there a downside to *not* saving Guru’s house? Those quests take forever. I mean, besides feeling bad for them...

Z-Ranking the Advancement Tests...hoo boy. That’s gonna be tough. I’m at Super Rank, but I think I have an A or S for most of those.

Oh yeah! Is any of the DLC really recommended? I’m planning to get the latest pack for sure as it had Fu, Goku Blanco and all that, but anything else I should check out?

Also, what’s wrong with making a new character?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Super Ki Explosion is in the TP Shop, but it's also on Android 16 and Bardock.

I mean, once you get the Egg, there is no downside.

Eh, just get whatever DLC has characters you want, they come with PQs for their attacks too.

If you make a new character, you only keep costumes and attacks. Everything else, including the story, characters, stages, PQs, etc, you have to unlock all over again.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Awesome, thanks!

I don’t think I’ll mind losing most of that stuff on a new run. I’d need to redo a lot of it to level up anyway.

Think I’ll make a Freeza next time.

Edit: Probably a dumb question: I think I missed Kaioken. Can you stack it with transformations? :getin: :ssj:

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 6, 2018

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Reinanigans posted:

Awesome, thanks!

I don’t think I’ll mind losing most of that stuff on a new run. I’d need to redo a lot of it to level up anyway.

Think I’ll make a Freeza next time.

Edit: Probably a dumb question: I think I missed Kaioken. Can you stack it with transformations? :getin: :ssj:

*I WISH*

Maybe next game. Kaioken Blue was introduced after Xenoverse 2 came out so they couldn't really work it in too well. we've only just got SSJBlue after all

KaioKen X 3 is, for the record, the best transformation for all races behind only Potential Unleashed.

Potential Unleashed boosts ABOUT as much as KaioKen X3, but without the stamina drain.

Kaioken X 20 does a lot more damage than PU, but the stamina drain is horrendous so it doesn't even out.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

...wow. Didn’t expect such a quick/excellent reply! Thank you!

Where/when can I get Super Ki Explosion?

Is there a downside to *not* saving Guru’s house? Those quests take forever. I mean, besides feeling bad for them...

Z-Ranking the Advancement Tests...hoo boy. That’s gonna be tough. I’m at Super Rank, but I think I have an A or S for most of those.

Oh yeah! Is any of the DLC really recommended? I’m planning to get the latest pack for sure as it had Fu, Goku Blanco and all that, but anything else I should check out?

Also, what’s wrong with making a new character?

Ignoring the Guru House attack quests is fine, I think. Going on one and then failing it has consequences, but they're interesting rather than punitive: it opens up another quest where Nail sends you on a field trip to Freeza's ship to steal back the Dragonballs they took.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Can I buy Kaioken? I’ve done the first 30 parallel quests and have all 5 time eggs, but it’s not in my inventory.

Are x3 and x20 different skills?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Reinanigans posted:

Can I buy Kaioken? I’ve done the first 30 parallel quests and have all 5 time eggs, but it’s not in my inventory.

Nope, they just need more ki to activate like SSJ

And Kaioken is able to be gotten in one of the early missions, pretty easily. I had to do it about three times to get it

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Burkion posted:

Nope, they just need more ki to activate like SSJ

And Kaioken is able to be gotten in one of the early missions, pretty easily. I had to do it about three times to get it

Ahh, that explains it.

I know you can wish to change your appearance, but can you also change your character’s name by any chance?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm

Not sure. I don't THINK so but maybe

Give it a shot!

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Burkion posted:

*I WISH*

Maybe next game. Kaioken Blue was introduced after Xenoverse 2 came out so they couldn't really work it in too well. we've only just got SSJBlue after all

KaioKen X 3 is, for the record, the best transformation for all races behind only Potential Unleashed.

Potential Unleashed boosts ABOUT as much as KaioKen X3, but without the stamina drain.

Kaioken X 20 does a lot more damage than PU, but the stamina drain is horrendous so it doesn't even out.

??? this is wrong.

Kaioken x3 is 7.5% more damage, and PU and x20 are both 15% more.

Kaioken also increases the damage you take while PU reduces it.

The big thing you get out of Kaioken is reduced stamina costs for teleports.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Emong posted:

??? this is wrong.

Kaioken x3 is 7.5% more damage, and PU and x20 are both 15% more.

Kaioken also increases the damage you take while PU reduces it.

The big thing you get out of Kaioken is reduced stamina costs for teleports.

My numbers might be skewed because of different super souls I use

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Reinanigans posted:

You can get Kaioken by doing PQ 8. I'm not sure if there are any special conditions for it or if it's just random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I'm at level 84 and it's taking forever to level up. I want to unlock SSJ Blue with Whis, but drat.

I'm sitting on 300+ TP. Besides the stuff in the TP shop, is there anything worth spending the TP on?

• Locked thread