Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Reinanigans posted:

I'm at level 84 and it's taking forever to level up. I want to unlock SSJ Blue with Whis, but drat.

I'm sitting on 300+ TP. Besides the stuff in the TP shop, is there anything worth spending the TP on?

You can spend them to level up at an npc whose name and location I do not remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Improbable Lobster posted:

You can spend them to level up at an npc whose name and location I do not remember

Yes, I know. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear.

I'm asking if there's something other than the levelling up OR the TP shop worth spending TP on. Nothing in the TP shop seems super great.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

Reinanigans posted:

I'm at level 84 and it's taking forever to level up. I want to unlock SSJ Blue with Whis, but drat.

I'm sitting on 300+ TP. Besides the stuff in the TP shop, is there anything worth spending the TP on?

There's an NPC that lets you level up at the cost of TP medals (and zeni lower levels). He's somewhere near Android 16.

Edit: whoops, ninja'd. You also spend them for partner customization, like to change their colors or add new moves. That might require the latest DLC though, not sure. Otherwise, they can also spent on new figures in the Figure Battle mode.

Zakrelo fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 14, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Reinanigans posted:

Yes, I know. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear.

I'm asking if there's something other than the levelling up OR the TP shop worth spending TP on. Nothing in the TP shop seems super great.

You'll need to buy a lot of stuff if you want to be trained by Bojack, but otherwise, you may as well go for the levels. I did, at the same level you are too. I really wanted Blue.

Zakrelo posted:

Edit: whoops, ninja'd. You also spend them for partner customization, like to change their colors or add new moves. That might require the latest DLC though, not sure. Otherwise, they can also spent on new figures in the Figure Battle mode.

Partner Customization comes with the free patch, you don't need to pay for DLC. That said, it's not particularly worth it, at least in my opinion.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Thanks everyone!

Look mommy, I'm Blue now! :downs:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Reinanigans posted:

You use TP to buy packs for the coliseum game with the statues.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
...I’m not gonna play that. :v:

Is this Sword of Hope Ultimate any good? 300 TP sounds like a lot.

Oh yeah, I meant to ask: How do deal with SSJBlue’s ki loss? It seems like I drop out of it all the time and that the increased damage isn’t worth losing Potential Unleashed.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Reinanigans posted:

...I’m not gonna play that. :v:

Is this Sword of Hope Ultimate any good? 300 TP sounds like a lot.

Oh yeah, I meant to ask: How do deal with SSJBlue’s ki loss? It seems like I drop out of it all the time and that the increased damage isn’t worth losing Potential Unleashed.

If you have the DLC for it, Meditation or Divinity Unleashed make it pretty simple to keep going. Otherwise you could try using "Just win, okay?" from the TP shop to boost your ki gain per hit.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Sword of hope is really cool cause its kind of like a mini transformation.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Emong posted:

If you have the DLC for it, Meditation or Divinity Unleashed make it pretty simple to keep going. Otherwise you could try using "Just win, okay?" from the TP shop to boost your ki gain per hit.

I have the Meditation DLC. I read it stacks well with Divinity Unleashed but I don’t have that. That DLC pack seemed pretty interesting overall. I might look into it. Thanks!

Sword of Hope sounds cool, but it’s gonna take me a while to farm 300 TP again.

Edit: Goddamn this last DLC PQ to get Meditation is nuts. I thought I was done and in pops Beerus, Fused Zamasu and Vegito Blue. I
imagine UI Goku and Jiren are next?

Any tips?

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 14, 2018

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Reinanigans posted:

I have the Meditation DLC. I read it stacks well with Divinity Unleashed but I don’t have that. That DLC pack seemed pretty interesting overall. I might look into it. Thanks!

Sword of Hope sounds cool, but it’s gonna take me a while to farm 300 TP again.

Edit: Goddamn this last DLC PQ to get Meditation is nuts. I thought I was done and in pops Beerus, Fused Zamasu and Vegito Blue. I
imagine UI Goku and Jiren are next?

Any tips?

Play with a friend, rock its poo poo.

You just have to go hard and do not relent. if you're using AI Partners, Cooler is one of the best though apparently UI Goku is busted

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I have no friends with this game. :(

Which Cooler? Final form, 4th form, or Metal flavor?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Reinanigans posted:

I have no friends with this game. :(

Which Cooler? Final form, 4th form, or Metal flavor?

Final form

You can make a Partner version that you can recolor as you like and modify how powerful he is

He has some crazy aggressive AI and is real good at wrecking poo poo.

If you get the I am Neither Kami nor Piccolo super soul you can also regenerate at a pretty good pace.

What do you play on, duder?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Switch.

Not sure if my level has any effect. I’m 92 right now. I’m guessing since this is the last PQ, it’s meant for lv. 99 in mind, but I don’t think the extra 14 points in stats would make much of a difference.

Right now I’m using a lv. 92 balanced male saiyan with balanced points in everything but strike supers. I just bring a ton of healing items. In terms of build, I have Potential Unlocked (SSJ Blue kinda sucks hence me trying to get Meditation) Maximum Charge, DIE DIE Missle Barrage, Shining Slash (for the teleport) and Do or Die, Perfect Kamehameha and Giant Storm for Ultimates, and Broly’s “Monster...no, I’m a Devil!” Super Soul.

Do or Die doesn’t seem to do much. I like the Super Soul, but I’m open to suggestions.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
Super is ending this week and there's no sale. I'm kinda disappointed, seems like the ideal time for one.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Halser posted:

Super is ending this week and there's no sale. I'm kinda disappointed, seems like the ideal time for one.

It’s ending in 2 weeks

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Reinanigans posted:

Switch.

Not sure if my level has any effect. I’m 92 right now. I’m guessing since this is the last PQ, it’s meant for lv. 99 in mind, but I don’t think the extra 14 points in stats would make much of a difference.

Right now I’m using a lv. 92 balanced male saiyan with balanced points in everything but strike supers. I just bring a ton of healing items. In terms of build, I have Potential Unlocked (SSJ Blue kinda sucks hence me trying to get Meditation) Maximum Charge, DIE DIE Missle Barrage, Shining Slash (for the teleport) and Do or Die, Perfect Kamehameha and Giant Storm for Ultimates, and Broly’s “Monster...no, I’m a Devil!” Super Soul.

Do or Die doesn’t seem to do much. I like the Super Soul, but I’m open to suggestions.

If you're a punch strike man, you should be using SSJ.

If you don't like SSJ3, go get the Caulifla Super Soul SSJ2 is crazy awesome. It COMPLETELY invalidates SSJ3, and makes SSJ2 the best Sayian transformation in the game barring SSJBlue.

Potential Unleashed is great but it doesn't add near as much damage as SSJ2 does, especially with the Caulifa Super Soul. I forget where it's at but it should be easy enough to get.

You also should look into getting Super Dragon Fist and some kind of better Strike Ultimate- Dragon Fist and Spirit Sword are both really good ones. If you'd rather stick to beams, switch out Perfect Kamehameha for Supernova Cooler. It's one of THE hardest hitting Ultimates in the game, and you can fire it real quick even from a combo.

One really good move to pair with punching combos is Broly's Blaster Shell. It's REAL strong and can be worked into combos in a good, strong way

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Sweet! Gonna try that all out!

You’ve all been real awesome to help me out. :3:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
No problem!

To explain the SSJ2 invalidating thing

So with that super Soul on, it will trigger with SSJ2. You still gain ki from punching, you might even gain more I forget exactly, AND you do way more damage.

If you go SSJ3? You lose the effect of the super soul and your damage output drops like a stone. It's hilarious.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Super Saiyan 2 being better than Super Saiyan 3 is just being true to the series.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Does that also work with Vegetas SSJ variant?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nuramor posted:

Does that also work with Vegetas SSJ variant?

I

Don't know

Only one way to find out!

the answer is apparently yes it does, though if it is better than I'm Super Vegeta, I'm not sure

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I think I’m going to come back to this later on. I still have a ton of story stuff, PQs and trainer missions to go through to let this slow me down. I think losing but getting further and further in this mission has made me better at the game, though.

That said, anyone here playing on the Switch?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Burkion posted:

If you're a punch strike man, you should be using SSJ.

If you don't like SSJ3, go get the Caulifla Super Soul SSJ2 is crazy awesome. It COMPLETELY invalidates SSJ3, and makes SSJ2 the best Sayian transformation in the game barring SSJBlue.

Potential Unleashed is great but it doesn't add near as much damage as SSJ2 does, especially with the Caulifa Super Soul. I forget where it's at but it should be easy enough to get.

I really like Caulifla's soul, though it's important to note that the the damage boost is only to basic non-super/ultimate attacks. It's mostly nice for the ki regen boost rather than the damage, since Cabba's soul works at any level of Super Saiyan (including Blue), while giving twice the basic attack damage as well as strike super damage. Kale's soul is fun too, it's -15% to all damage for the first 30 seconds and then it changes to +15% to everything after that. With Blue going that's 40% more of every kind of damage.

I'm happy that all the new saiyans got cool and useful souls.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Oh snap, Caulifla’s Soul doesn’t boost supers/ultimates?

Welp. I’m going back to PU and maybe the Hmm Hmm Hmm soul. I heard that one’s good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Reinanigans posted:

I think Im going to come back to this later on. I still have a ton of story stuff, PQs and trainer missions to go through to let this slow me down. I think losing but getting further and further in this mission has made me better at the game, though.

I'm also on Switch

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

I'm also on Switch

Awesome! Would you be down to help me with this mission?

How do we even play together?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Reinanigans posted:

Awesome! Would you be down to help me with this mission?

How do we even play together?

Beats me, I've only playeds with randos in PQs a couple times. I'll probably be on in an hour or so if you want.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Cool! I’m gonna get online now.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Reinanigans posted:

I think I’m going to come back to this later on. I still have a ton of story stuff, PQs and trainer missions to go through to let this slow me down. I think losing but getting further and further in this mission has made me better at the game, though.

I’m also on Switch. So that makes like three of us? We should get a squad together.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
My FC is SW-7794-5254-5018 if y'all want to add me

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I don’t have my Switch on me, but once I do, I’ll add you all and post my FC.

I actually beat PQ122 with help from online randos.

Meditation + SSJ Blue + Beerus’ Super Soul is good, but I think Super Vegeta + Caulifla’s Super Soul + Meditation is better. It’s less of a pain in the butt to manage, anyway. Haven’t tried Potential Unlocked with it all.

Supernova Cooler is loving insane with it. I’ve basically trivialized the game at this point.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Supernova Cooler is lowkey the best ultimate.

It hits for crazy damage, tracks to a certain degree, and you can fire it off REAL quick.

You can even combo people into it, get them flying away from you and then toss it at them.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

My FC is SW-7794-5254-5018 if y'all want to add me

Added you!

Mine is SW-6101-3877-6706

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What’s the quickest way to earn TP?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Reinanigans posted:

Whats the quickest way to earn TP?

I'd also like to know this

Gotta get them Bojack moves

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

do PQs that you don't have done already. 10 each

other than that, expert missions and raids

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Do items in the TP shop disappear? I wanted to buy Super Trunks’ clothes, but they’re not there anymore. What gives?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Reinanigans posted:

Do items in the TP shop disappear? I wanted to buy Super Trunks’ clothes, but they’re not there anymore. What gives?

They change weekly. If you wanted something and it isn't there anymore, it'll reappear eventually.

It's a really stupid system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

What’s the quickest way to earn TP?

Quickest way to earn TP....ok so there are PQs and Expert Missions....The expert missions are the ones that appear as black orbs throughout the city. The quickest way to earn TP is to grind against the Expert Mission where you fight SSGSS Vegeta or the one you fight against SSGSS Goku, its 16 TP a run, and you can complete a run in under 1:30 if you know what you are doing...soo add in in load times and what not....you're making roughly 16 TP every 5 minutes, and double that on event weekends

• Locked thread