Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

also serious: hope you do better tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

So anyways, I recognize that this thread is a pathetic attempt at a sort of post-trump spiritualism, but actually turned out to be a mirror on a hopefully empathetic and well-intentioned person as he spiraled into mental illness. Hopefully it will stand as 1) fascinating record of what that looks like, and 2) horrifying cautionary tale to would be mystics with brain problems. Take it from me kids, sometimes your cobbled together insane coping mechanisms will allow you to achieve incredible things, but that actually doesn't mean you're invincible and protected from failure by destiny.

This is a fairly succinct summary of my main criticism of hypernormalization and Adam Curtis. Like I imagine Curtis looking at a manic-depressive in the thrall of a psychotic episode and thinks, 'drat, why aren't we running the government this way?'

Or alternatively he looks at the insane hubris with which the neocons implemented their post-9/11 agenda, and all the ridiculous ensuing fallout, and somehow comes to the conclusion that ACTUALLY this exactly what the left needs to approach politics.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/stsiizk/status/858517661889646592

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
For me this infowars-type stuff is just fun and games, and I'm sorry if I played any part in your breakdown T B H. You come across as a very very intelligent writer, with a great imagination.

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

TBH is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLWUl7sEPN8

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

TBH, I'd suggest giving Dark Night of the Soul a read through if you get a chance. I'm hesitant to recommend it because a) you gotta be open to Christian theology and b) it has some basis in mysticism, and maybe you just wanna avoid that poo poo right now, but it essentially poses that the intense euphoria of discovering the limitless possibilities of reality is kind of the first step to really understanding anything. The second, more important, and far more difficult/less pleasant step is weaning oneself off that euphoria and learning to hold the same outlook in the duldrums of daily life. It's heavy on the notion of only being able to work through the second step with gods help and all of that, and you can take or leave that part, but I think the core messsge is valid and relevant to this thread: the drug doesn't last forever, but you can hang on to the insight and bring it back with you.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

there's more you could throw in from a Christian perspective, e.g., the Cloud of Unknowing; but in this case the only fuel I'd personally risk throwing on the fire is a bare bones form of zazen, followed, after a very long time, by a bit of the shobogenzo, the former having the least sentimentality / doctrinal baggage / disconnection from experience of anything I can think of for developing, coming to and grounding that sort of insight

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Annual Prophet posted:

in this case the only fuel I'd personally risk throwing on the fire is a bare bones form of zazen, followed, after a very long time, by a bit of the shobogenzo, the former having the least sentimentality / doctrinal baggage / disconnection from experience of anything I can think of for developing, coming to and grounding that sort of insight
I would counter with the Taoist dissolving methods. Less risk of falling into your own headspace, and very good for removing residual stress in the body.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Burned out of law school and now have to figure out something else. Not exactly a catastrophe, but it's still embarrassing to publically fail at something, especially after all my constant humble bragging about how enlightened AND successful I was
Depening on what "burned out" means, you have a solid educational background if you were there to begin with. Get healthy/stable and reassess. You might want to go back, or you might want something else.

To get all RAW: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapel_perilous

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I programmed reality and all I got was this mental breakdown.

But seriously, sorry to hear about your problems, Trump's Baby Hands. I love this thread, and always will.

Hypernormalize responsibly, everyone.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Going crazy happens on the spiritual path. gently caress law school in a lawless fairyworld.

I'm noticing and digging a lot more people on the leftish end of the spectrum finally seeing the collapse of Dawkinsian New Atheism and Obama's fake level headed was happen in the destruction of the data, numbers and rationalism driven Clint n campaign.

It's an interesting time to be a spiritual seeker with an open mind. In the ten years since the iPhone came out we've gone from a world where the internet was a separate area of people's lives that they sat down to do to unprecedented and inexpensive proliferation of these magic machines. We can't know what this is even doing but we can't stop it.

All the poo poo of the last paradigm is broken and lovely and it's angreat time to be experimenting to find something new.

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009

rudatron posted:

It also doesn't have any gnosticism

It doesn't have anything that's its whole deal

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

lol we live in the most hosed up time in history? okay

sure.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The world's a stage. Dance with the flames. Chaos Reigns.

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009

The Church of Kek posted:

Also, Kuk was seen as that which occurred before light, thus was known as the bringer-in of light.

lol they may be right on this with how trump's going down in flames

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

stay safe law school ghost

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Unironically though, do be careful, it's a short slide from a mystical realist perspective into madness, especially if you happen to "get" fyad cspam. Maybe law school wasn't right for you, or maybe you'll be driven to go back and complete your struggle; either way, we live in a time of profound change, and opportunities shall abound.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVBe6_o4cMI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WzTxGOLBtI

• Locked thread