Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

I'll play but only if we turbo Kashuno D1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

You should port lurkers to the Nintendo CDI instead

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I haven't read my role PM yet or this thread but I'm here

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I just finished playing some video games, time to poop my pants

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I haven't played any games with Asiina so I have no idea how to judge that particular interaction between her and AN.

Chores is exactly the kind of player to actually claim SK when he is SK though for its worth.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

That said, I'd rather use such a short D1 to lynch one of the lurkier players so we don't have to deal with that later.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Mayor Glowku posted:

Infi my guild is much more casual, we've only done mythic nythendra. We only raid 2 nights a week tho.

Heroic ToV is brutally overtuned I think.

Also is joke day already over? Weird allegations already

It's already 14 hours to deadline we don't have time for jokes!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

##vote cpig gonna put my money where my mouth is

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm town this game so pls no

This post feels awkward and forced to me

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

got some chores tonight posted:

ive got an anonymous vote

Then stop votin for yourself ya idjit

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I am always down for a Cpig vote but that's mostly because I don't like Cpig.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I don't know if I should take Chores seriously or not. I'd probably vote him at the end of the day, if only so we wouldn't have to deal with his bullshit.

I have to agree with Jedit on the Anarc/Asiina thing. As someone who doesn't play with either of them very often, I pretty much immediately saw ANarc's point about Asiina's "loudest person in the thread" posts. I don't think I'd want to vote either of them right now though.

Tobbs is really pinging me too but it's not solid yet.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

JHats did this exact thing in Shine 3 where he claimed Voodoo Master and ended up flipping scum Voodoo Master. I wouldn't be surprised if that is what is happening again here, in my experience double voters are usually scum.

Sorry in advance if this counts as discussing ongoing games but I feel like it's relevant here.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Claimed Voodoo Master very early, mafia edit

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I would vote Jimmy Hats since his reason for (double) jumping on the chores bandwagon is nonexistent at best.

Actually ##vote Jimmy Hats

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm still waiting for the tryhard effort post explaining in detail how i am not playing this game properly

Kashuno is modding this game so you'll be waiting a while

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Are you referring to the explanation that came immediately after the post I made where I called him out on not providing an explanation?

It was a lovely vote when he made it. I'm glad you and JHats think on the same wavelength but I can only read posts, not minds.

I'm referring to this post btw:

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm 100% certain you're doing the thing where you claim a bad guy right away so everyone thinks you're just trolling and then you try and get away with it all game

Which seems like a meta read on chores and is more reasonable than "yeah I'll take that action bandwagon[/s]" so I will ##unvote.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

##vote chores :shrug:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

And that is indicative of his alignment because? You seem to be operating under the assumption that scum WON'T have NES accessories, or at least NES accessory fake claims, which is more information than I have buddy. :shrug:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

This game is literally called NES Accessory Mafia, Tobbs you're acting like you know something we don't.

Why are you assuming scum will have flavor from a different game system?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

quote:

The NES/FAM had a lot of amazing but also horrendous accessories, so in this game everyone is an accessory. As a cool and good accessory, your goal is to eliminate the trash accessories for the console.

This is what Kash says about the flavor. In hindsight sure I guess you could call the light gun a "good" accessory, but:

1. There's no guarantee dongs isn't fake claiming the (apparently, I'm not old enough to know these well) most common accessory
2. dongs continued to be stubborn and unhelpful after he was asked to clarify
3. What constitutes a "good" accessory is somewhat subjective. I don't think I would never have used the accessory I got in my role PM, despite it being an apparently "good" accessory. This point is more for future reference than anything.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tobbs you've thought I was scum in every game we've played in and you've also been wrong in every single one :colbert:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##Vanilla because Kash hates me

Is this a joke post or a serious claim

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Whelp. Guess we won't be relying on night action mafia.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tobbs you went into today gunning for me, now when multiple people call you out for your weird "I'm vanilla" post you've completely switched gears, going as far as to wikipedia search another person's claimed accessory?

I also find JHats to be a bit on the scummy side but your complete 180 is also off putting.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I wikipedia'd my own accessory and while it doesn't use fun phrases like "resounding success" or "successful", it did at least sell in the US and EU after it had its debut in Japan.

I'm curious what other people get when they do that. It is entirely possible given how much :effort: went into this game that Kash just wiki'd a bunch of accessories and used that.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tired Moritz posted:

i dont want to be rude but flavor discussion is bad and dumb and I hate it.

I'll grant that it will be far more useful when we have an actual scum flip but this game is explicitly stated to be "bad accessories vs good accessories" so it is definitely going to be worthwhile at some point in the game.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I think flavor arguments will be useful this game and I am not ashamed of that opinion.

I am however willing to grant that we may need more flips before that becomes true.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I agree with Inf and I am pretty sure at least one of "wow you guys are so stupid how did you not see he was town" crowd stayed off the lynch on purpose so they could use this exact argument.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tired Moritz posted:

oh, I understand. to be honest, I forgot there was a post limit.

Anyway, here's some random thoughts that I just want to share. Though I find flavor arguments to be bad and wrong, especially in this game, I find Asiina change from "I got a cool accessory" to "I got a crap accessory" kinda odd.

Though, at the same time, I don't think it makes sense for Asiina to implicate themselves like that. I don't think there's any benefits for her to do that if she's scum? Very strange. In my mind, she's probably town but I won't lie, that inconsistency is quite odd.

Also even though I didn't vote for Chores, I completely understand why people would do so. It seems more beneficial to lynch a potential SK at D1 than to let them run rampant and potentially kill off either a talkative townie. So I don't think it's fair to judge people are scum just because of that.

I don't buy that you "forgot" there was a post limit. This post comes across as trying to placate, especially since none of these opinions in this post are original or even remotely controversial. It's just a bunch of easy comments and reads to me like you're trying to make it look like you're participating when you actually aren't.

Who do you think is scum?

For the record, Tobbs has been pinging me most of the game too, and I'd be down to lynch him or TM today.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Would also vote JHats because him throwing that double vote around willy nilly also seems scummy as gently caress. Both times he's used it have been lazy "me too" votes.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

##vote Jimmy Hats I'm gonna put my vote here as well

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

No, JHats has claimed he PMs Kash and Kash adds the vote to votefinder.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Why are you referencing Shine 3 in which a completely different mechanic was used?

I definitely remember Tobbs being at 3 when Jimmy out his vote down, but I didn't really look at who it was at the time.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Jimmy Hats posted:

I out my anon vote on first because I wanted tobbs to get upset about it haha!

"Town" votes

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Anonymous votes are intentionally obfuscated I think, they show up last so that you have neither a time stamp nor a name attached to them.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

History isn't going to vindicate you on that one. Also, for all your "I always get panic lynched" whining, that is exactly what happened in Shine 3 and guess what, you were scum.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I'm here but I'm not putting ANarc at -1 yet. I'd still prefer a Jimmy lynch but would vote ANarc over nothing.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Yeah GG if you would just play mafia correctly you wouldn't have this problem. Don't worry, I'll be here waiting for your inevitable dead post response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

I kind of agree, I do think one of KB/Asiina is scum but I don't think it's both of them.

GG was an unashamed anti town shitlord and if you don't want to take blame for chores' lynch you can't fault anyone for voting for GG. Confirmed role or not, there is nothing to say that doubke voter is definitely a town role and he was not using it in a pro town way.

• Locked thread