Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Asiina posted:

He used it yesterday with no complaints at all. He used it today and immediately was piled onto shortly before deadline when there had been plenty of discussion about other people all day.

It was a bad, bad lynch.

Did you even read the discussion that happened when he did use it? He used double vote to shift the vote leader from Anarc (!!!) to Tobbs, after saying he though Anarc was scum. How is that town play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I challenge you to go back and find posts that show GG had strong opinions about anyone.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Jimmy Hats posted:

I out my anon vote on first because I wanted tobbs to get upset about it haha!

For instance I just did a re-read and can't actually find where he talks about ANarc, so I'm curious where Jedit got that idea. On the other hand, this his explanation for his double vote, and I do not see how this comes from a town mindset.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm just disappointed we're losing so badly. At this rate scum will walk away with a perfect game and that is embarrassing.

My arguments about GG aside, this is the second post from Tobbs that has seemed really awkward and "look at me I'm so town."

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I like the part where you conveniently leave out all the posts I've made expounding on that opinion, or the fact when he first claimed it I said I believed it was a scum role. I even expressed a desire to vote Jimmy on D1, but it wasn't happening in light of chores bullshit.

I'm sorry you rolled scum Asiina!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Mod kill imo

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Where game

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Asiina can you explain why you think AA is scum? I'm curious.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I also like TM for scum, seems like a player trying to excuse themself from making reads.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##vote AA those are some good points. I have my own reasons for believing you re: Anomolous Amalgam but your case seems strong.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Don't be scumsuaded. I'm a watcher. Watched asiina n1 and failed watched Ind n2 and failed

Did anyone visit Asiina?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##unvote as I want AA to respond to my question.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Also I saw your question Jedit. I don't want to share my reasons just yet but I will probably address them by the end of the day.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Do you mind elaborating on why you think TM/AN are better choices than AA?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Hmm

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I am starting to think a mass claim may be in town's favor at this point, call me crazy.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Yeah gently caress it I'm going with the Occam's Razor solution. I'm a tracker, I'm the stupid foot pad thing that lets you play games with your feet (get it cause trackers use their feet? yeah I dunno).

n1. Tracked (???) to Asiina. I'd rather not say who it was right now as I have a feeling this person has a protective role of some sort.
n2. Tracked Asiina to AA. This is why I think she probably has night results on AA or some sort that lead her to suspect he is scum.

I kinda wanted to hold out on this because I could think of a million different complex scenarios but I think the simplest is that AA is scum. If he's not, we can take a hard look at Asiina.

Thats my story thanks for listening.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Which is one possible explanation for the lack of night kill. Of course there are others, but a double blocked Watcher claim is a very easy claim to make.

##vote AA

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
We don't have to mass claim but my results are so closely tied to the people involved in this discussion that I feel like now is a good time for me to bring them forward.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Regardless of Asiina's claim (I also have been assuming she is a jailer/roleblocker), your posts haven't really seemed to be coming from a town mindset.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Asiina posted:

I wish you hadn't forced the claim. I was really hoping on not having it be about night actions at least a little longer, which is why I didn't mention my result in my case.

Yeah I'm a jailer. I jailed AA so either he was the target or the killer. Obviously I think he was the killer.

I targeted ANarc N1, but I figure that since she has used her day power and that's all she's claimed, she is unlikely going to be the one performing the kill since she can't afford to get caught by a watcher or tracker, which is why even though I think she's scum she's not my highest priority scumpick right now.

Yeah, but I figured town really needs to lynch scum today so getting as much info as possible was the way to go. I could be wrong but the cats out of the bag now.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Only I was also blocked N1 so if ??? Visited you and I visited you. Three possible things happened.

A. You roleblocked me. ??? Visited you. I failed watching you.

B. ??? Visiting you caused me to fail in watching you and you blocked anarc as you claim

C. ??? Visited you and another ??? Blocked me trying to watch you and you blocked anarc.

The simple answer to this is that Asiina might have been jailed. She claims to have gotten a jail of her own off on ANarc, so she clearly was still able to take actions. It couldn't have been a traditional jail then, but a role that solely blocks other people's actions from taking effect. I don't know of a role like that off the top of my head but I guess its possible, along with several other scenarios.

The simplest is that you attempted the NK, and got jailed by Asiina, blocking the kill.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

If town really needs to lynch scum today, well you're about to gently caress up.

Well then go ahead and prepare you a plate of crow and be prepared to lynch more reasonably the following day if scum don't roll you in the night, tracker.

Well you'll see the truth of it later. I suppose. Would it explain why there was a kill N1?

Posts like these (look at me I'm so town) do not come from a town mindset imo.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Please explain what type of role you're implying exists in this game. I'll wait...

Simplest, no that's loving contingent upon an unheard of role.

If you actually read that post you'll see that I am saying exactly this, that is is unlikely there is a role that blocks other people's actions but still allows the person in question to do things. That would be very op and from what I've seen flip so far, seems very unlikely.

You seem to be scum flailing.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Actually Tobbs being blocked last night makes some sense. Scum probably wanted to prevent him from being able to protect their NK target (Elite Bodyguard).

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
My N1 track target was in fact KB so that claim checks out from what I know.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

King Burgundy posted:

I'll do mine too, because may as well now.

I'm a mason recruiter. I'm the famicom modem. I invited Asiina to a masonry N1, and FL on N2.

If you sometimes have been wondering why we are on the same page, its because we are talking in a masonry.

I can confirm she claimed to me in there back on D2 and these claims match up.

We put the pieces together a bit on if AA could be telling the truth based on what we know and decided it was possible, thus I'm leaning away from him as the vote today. Asiina did jail him last night. And if Tobbs was really blocked last night, then I'm assuming there is also a roleblocker in the game that could have blocked AA on N1. I'm assuming that roleblocker would be scum, so makes me think maybe AA could have been the kill target? I mean, he doesn't make sense as a target to me, but neither did OMG.

So really it's whether you think AA is lying about N1 or telling the truth about it. I was leaning towards telling the truth after our mason conversation.

##unvote This post makes sense to me.

You may be right that TM is the roleblocker, but I think it'd be better for us to lynch ANarc today since she seems to be most likely scum (and has disappeared other than pokemon chat in the Long Night). A scum executioner is getting worse and worse the closer we get to lylo.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I think the scum team just wanted to prevent a possible protection role from acting, so they were less likely to miss out on a kill. It is entirely possible that the idea of a watcher never crossed their minds.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
It could be either:

1. AA performed the kill, was role blocked
2. AA was the target of the kill (unlikely imo)
3. KB was the target and got saved
4. Both 1 and 3

Too many unknowns for us to draw conclusions. Like I said there are several scenarios that could explain the lack of NK.

Jedit refusing to claim and seemingly refusing to read the thread seems scummy to me. I think the scum team is AN (disappeared again after people pressed her for info), TM, Jedit, and maybe AA if there is a fourth. CPig and Glowku get honorary "maybe lurking scum" mentions but the other three seem outright scummy to me.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##vote ANarc I think this is the correct lynch today.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm this thing:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I don't think Asiina is lying. She jumped on you immediately after blocking you and observing no NK. I can't think of many reasons to do that as a scum player.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Tobbs also didn't post much at all during D3, which is very unusual for him.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I think my top scum picks at this point are TM, Jedit, and Tobbs. I doubt I'll live through the night to vote any of them though.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Mod kill whoever is takin so long to submit imo

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

Sure do wish town would stop doing STUPID loving poo poo like claiming SK, and self-executing cause it's kinda loving stupid.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I wouldn't get too excited. I tracked Tobbs last night, because he has a verifiable action and I figured TM would be a huge target for a bunch of other people. He did in fact visit Inf.

AA, why did you decide to watch KB, the claimed mason recruiter and probable low priority target for scum?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I think Tobbs and KB are most probably town, and I'm leaning town on FL too.

Glowku, Inf, and CPig are pinging me a bit but I definitely feel strongest about TM and Jedit being scum.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
The last part is possible if Tobbs is scum with a different visiting role. A different scum would've had to make the NK last night.

Glowku's claim doesn't make sense with Asiina dying. I see no reason for scum to target Jedit. He was and is high in several people's scum lists so they'd be removing a potential mislynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I guess it's possible that scum is just "playing the numbers game" as AA put it. I don't like this. Not to say your reasoning is bad, I just think we're missing something.

• Locked thread