Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

Sock has taken a knee this year, and we are getting a late start, so here we go.

Important Dates:
Wednesday, November 23rd - REGISTRATION CLOSED.

Wednesday, November 30th - Pairings go out this week.

Wednesday, December 21st - Ship-by Date: Ideal ship-by date. PLEASE do everything you can to have your gift on its way on or before this day.

Saturday, December 31st - PoniesAteMyBagel-Day (Deadbeat Cut Off): If you have not provided proof of shipping by this date, you will be considered a deadbeat and will be banned.

:siren:Last year there were a lot of santees that did not post pictures and thank their santa. Please don't be a horrible jerk, it takes 5 minutes and the person who spent their time and money doesn't have to worry forever if you got it.:siren:

Please copy and paste the following info into an email and send it automotiveinsanity2016@gmail.com.

Username:
UserID: (this can be found by clicking on your profile and copying the number string at the end of the url -http://forums.somethingawful.com/me...userid=________)
Shipping Label Name: (what you want me to send your Santa for him to slap on the shipping label. Real names, fake names, etc)
Shipping Address: (please include all special info here for deliveries. Indicate if a signed delivery will be required for security reasons and I'll let your Santa know early)
Santee Shipping: Domestic/North America/International (pick one). I only set this as there are a handful of countries that usually get involved, and it mainly boils down to Canada/US/UK/Nordic Countries/Australia. If it says Domestic and I see you're in Australia, I'll get it.

Then, you make a post in this thread. In your post please have:
- Any specific requests. If you don't want dicks drawn on the box say so, but I'm not making any promises.
- You may include an optional "do not send" list. Have enough T-shirts, maybe mention you'd prefer a neat little HF gadget/tool than another XL funny car guy t-shirt.

Proof of shipment rule
-No proof and your santee doesn't get a package? You're a deadbeat. When you ship your gift, you must provide proof of shipment. automotiveinsanity2016@gmail.com with the username of the person you're buying for and the tracking information. If anything goes pear shaped, at least we can figure out where. If you live near your santee and want to drop it off yourself, email me and tell me that you did.
-You must provide proof of shipment before the deadline. Please put the tracking number in your email. If you do not have a tracking number, you must EMAIL me a photo/scan of the shipping receipt.
- If you hit any speed bumps, have any questions, or need anything at all you can email or PM me.

Accepted types of proof
- Tracking number from UPS, Fedex, USPS, Canada Post, whatever
- Photo or scanned image of your shipping receipt with your username written on it. Most receipts have the zip code of the recipient, so this is how I will check these.

Gift cost
Try and keep your gifts in the $10-30 range. Make sure you account for shipping cost. If you can't afford gift plus shipping, please don't register.
- Please do not spend stupid amounts of money on gifts for someone on the internet. Unless you're incredibly wealthy, have some sort of personal relationship with them, or it's loving hilarious and fills you with joy to send
- If you will be moving or traveling a lot during a gift time, please say so in your email and/or post so that I/your santa knows when and where is the best time to send your gift.

If you have ANY questions, concerns or anything you need at all. Please PM or email me!

AI:SS EMAIL = automotiveinsanity2016@gmail.com

iForge fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Email sent. Super stoked about this. No special requests. And all gifts are appreciated. But i would love stickers and flashlights as those are two of my fetishes.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
Yay. I'm glad someone is filling in for Sock.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Signing up. I can finally participate this year. Warning, box will probably be packed with as much free swag as I can swipe from work in addition to gifts.

My only request is no clothes. My fat goony meat carcass is too difficult to find sizes for. :burger:
Also, no nsfw on the outside of the box due to the likelyhood that I'll be
having extended family around constantly. Feel free to go nuts on the inside though. :toot:

Edit: Car: 2004 Mazda 6s SportWagon

I've got a house, garage with lots of basic tools and a few specialty things, drink whiskey straight and throw money at a boat shaped hole in the water when I can afford it.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 18, 2016

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I'm in, as always. More details later. I sent Knipex tools to PoniesAteMyBagel, drat him!

::edit::
Not big on clothing, as I'm a voluntary-uniform kind of guy... but if you must, I'm an XL in shirts.

Candy/snacks are cool, oddball tools, electrical gizmos, VW stuff, or truck-related poo poo. I used to work on boats, so nautical stuff is cool too. I work on robots and cameras.
Nothing NSFW. Dildos aren't OK, sorry folks. No more CB radios, I've now got 2 and no truck to install them onto.

I've got an '07 Fit and a '15 GMC 2500HD DCLB Duramax, white (as all work trucks should be).

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 15, 2016

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Signing up, I haven't done one of these in a few years!

I think last time I sent an old-school SA license plate frame, I'll have to do even better this year!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
loving in.

I accept anything. Shirt size is L or XL if it shrinks. I collect hot wheels. Have a 94 Dakota that is going to be donated to the dirt track gods in the next year. Also love IPAs and live in socal.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I'm in! No dead turds or roadkill. dildos are fair game and will be glued to oil pans of other goons' rides.

E: Junk I own:

1. lovely old diesel ford 4x4.
2. brokeback bangbus
3. dualsport bieks.

Editedit: NSFW packaging is welcome.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 15, 2016

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Hells yeah, I'm down. I'll get the email out in a bit.

Shirt size is large, stickers are always good, please no dongs. Other than that, game on!

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I'm in! Nothing is too sacred, XL if ya know what I mean.. Looking forward to another spectacular year of AISS!

edit:

gently caress, sorry

2016 Honda Fit
2013 Ford Taurus

drat that hurts to type these days since I won't have any time for projects/fun cars for the next 19 months.

keykey fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 1, 2016

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Excellent, I'll be in on this again.

For the details, do you want us to only include the relevant text on each line, without the "Username:" and so on at the start? It might be easier to tabulate that way.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yayyy. I like mustangs and coffee but will be happy with anything.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 251 days!)

I have some awesome ideas, depending on who I end up with. No fecal material, please.

Also, you have both automotiveinsanity2016@gmail.com and automotiveinsanity16@gmail.com email addresses listed in the OP. Are they intended to be separate?

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 15, 2016

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

No NSFW packaging, no roadkill or sex toys.

Shirts small or medium but I have too many already. Anything old BMW is appreciated as well as mechanical failures, local things, tools or candy.

edit: apparently we're listing cars...BWM (2x E30, E21, E28) VW TDI, Porsche 928 and Ford Courier

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 25, 2016

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

InitialDave posted:

Excellent, I'll be in on this again.

For the details, do you want us to only include the relevant text on each line, without the "Username:" and so on at the start? It might be easier to tabulate that way.

Yeah if you can that would make it easier, its all going into an excel spreadsheet for organization and matchmaking.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Aww yiss in for a 3rd year
I'm shirt size L and like things that are local to yourself, otherwise go wild (no live wolves covered in bees please)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

iForge posted:

Yeah if you can that would make it easier, its all going into an excel spreadsheet for organization and matchmaking.
Cool, email sent.

Santa: Just send me interesting stuff, preferably car-related, from your home country. I'm into most aspects of car culture other than the ones that get roundly mocked by AI anyway.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

I've had two people not include preference over domestic or international shipping, make sure you let me know what you want. I've emailed those people so don't worry if you didn't get an email.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Oh hey neat, what the heck, email sent.

Size XL with a long torso if it comes up, but I do have a bunch of tshirts.

*edit* OK, I see people are providing more information and guidance, so what the hell. Hi, I'm a rotary guy with a big pile of 1st gen RX-7s in a field and a rotary Miata project. Also have an 03 WRX for boring daily transportation that's slowly getting a bit modded. Married homeowner with a pair of cats. Also trying to do metal fabrication including casting, milling and welding, hiking/biking stuff, 35mm film photography, scotch/bourbon and like knives and flashlights but I don't have anything too impressive on either of those categories. Not easily offended, nor is my wife, but I'd prefer not to get straight up literal garbage.

mekilljoydammit fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 18, 2016

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
I did this a few years ago and got some cool stuff, some of which I still have!

As most people will probably ask, no :nws: packaging or contents. I have children and prudish wife/MIL, any of whom may be present for delivery and/or unboxing. That aside, go nuts. I only have one car-related shirt, and it gets some miles, so those are fine. I'm a medium. I also have several Buick Centurys littering my property, so Century-related items are cool.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Seen a lot of these roll through and never participated...Hey it's time to change that.

I don't have any special requests, and you can send whatever. I do live in The South, and your box art may get the package searched by Jethro at the post office so use your best judgement there.

My car history includes Volvo, BMW, Jeep, Toyota and Chevy trucks. T shirt size large.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Getting in AISS again.

I'm up for swag or whatever. Small things, though, as I don't have too much space, and I doubt you'll want to pay the shipping costs. American XL if you decide to ship a t-shirt. Avoid NSFW packaging, but NSFW gifts are cool, I suppose. Also, I have a dorky hobby which is inexpensive with an online retailer in my region.

Current Stable: 2016 AEON My150 (motorcycle); no cars (my Nissan died :smithmouth:)
I'm a huge dork for: Volvo, swag, racing, stickers, and airplanes.

I live on an island in SE Asia, so keep in mind that there's a few things that can't be sent here, and heavy boxes are expensive boxes.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I'm in, I participated 2 years ago and it was hilarious. Looking forward to giving someone stuff that's at least as hilarious.

I'm up for anything - XL shirt, Land Cruiser or -V crap appreciated but totally not necessary.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I meant to sign up for this last year. I have some rusty bits of metal that might be interesting and soon I'll have a limitless supply of snow.

Requests: Nothing special, but my vehicles are a 2005 mazda 6 I hate, a 1976 Toyota FJ45 that I love, and a 1988 Toyota Pickup in need of love. Shirt size XLT/XXL.

E: Lied, do have request. Santa, if you happen to have a 13BT exhaust manifold laying around and gathering dust, why, that sure would make my Christmas a swell one.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 18, 2016

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Email sent. Can't wait!

Someone's getting an awfully dirty and stupid present this year.

e: cars I'm keeping are W212 E63 AMG, SW21 MR2, MJ Comanche. I also half-own that dumb Catalina 22 sailboat with the Missus.

I don't really care what I get. Bonus points for funny though. Stickers for the lift would be neat.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 16, 2016

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

gently caress yeah, I'm participating this year.

Cars:
2012 Hyundai accent daily
1990 ford f150 grandpa truck
2007 Chev Silverado 2500 farm/hunting wagon
1990 Toyota Celica gt-s 'rally car
1966 Dodge coronet fixer upper
1948 Massey Harris model 20 converted to electric

2xl shirts welcome, put whatever you like on the package that won't get me flagged as a terrorist by Canada border services

Hail Santa.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Yeah boyeeeeee time to go find some garbage vintage automobilia to send out

Turbobrick, Insight, Miata, and Austin Mini currently; previous cars include a 5.0 Mustang, Turbobrickwagon and RX-7 so there's no real pattern here.

I'm a huge nerd for stickers, cats, airplanes, music, cooking, guns, video games, tools, marine animals and dinosaurs so basically anything would be welcome. I'm a size small usually.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I signed up!

Current cars is shamefully down to two since I moved:

2012 Mazda 2 with modzzzzzz
1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport

So, like, anything for those is cool! Also, I really really really like Yugo stuff (yes I know) so if there's anything like that .........

Shirt size is L, and I'm also into punk rock and cooking.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
I'll jump on this manwagon.

As few dicks/nsfw on the outside as possible, it's literally getting sent to work.

I have no real requests, do your worst!

2002 Corolla Shopping Trolley
shirts in M
I also like to cook

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I'm in!

Anything really, but please no explosives, shirt size XL. I'm currently on a huge retro gaming binge, so anything related to that kinda stuff would be neat. Also quality whisky/bourbon/spirits in general, but that's probably a bit above budget ;)

E: Current car: 2000 Peugeot 406 :geno:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Nov 20, 2016

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm in.

Anything Computer/Arduino/Electronics/Diesel/PC Gaming/Server related is a-okay. I'm a medium shirt size.

Keep it 4 year old safe imagery wise, my son will likely want to open the box with me.

Current Cars:

1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
1984 Audi 4000 CS Quattro
1985 Audi 4000 CS Quattro
1986 Audi 4000 CS Quattro
1998 Jetta TDI
2002 Volvo XC70 Wagon

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I've meant to do this for a while.

Current cars:
14 Mazda 3
13 Subaru Outback 3.6r
95 S14 240SX with a 4.6 Ford 32v mod and TR3650 5 speed that I need to finish and have needed to finish for ~3 years.

Cars I miss: S13 240SX, 99 Miata, 05 Saab(aru) 9-2X Aero

Cars I want: Datsun 2/4/6/8/0Z, Classic Mustang or Camaro, E46 M3, Porsche Boxster, MR-2 (any), R32-34 Skyline GT-R, RWD Celica, 22B WRX.

Shirts - Large

I like things that go fast, (racing yes) I'm an IT sucker by day and sometimes I make food.

I don't have kids so yeah.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

I havent decided if I'm participating or not. While the pairings will be randomly selected by a program, it still might ruin the surprise if I know who is my santa.

If i do participate:

Size XLT or XL shirt

2016 Chevy Colorado
1990 Jeep Comanche (rally build hopefully starting soon)
1967 M715 (long term project, sitting in a storage unit 3 hours away)

No NSFW on outside of box, inside I dont care.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

iForge posted:

I havent decided if I'm participating or not. While the pairings will be randomly selected by a program, it still might ruin the surprise if I know who is my santa.

If i do participate:

Size XLT or XL shirt

2016 Chevy Colorado
1990 Jeep Comanche (rally build hopefully starting soon)
1967 M715 (long term project, sitting in a storage unit 3 hours away)

No NSFW on outside of box, inside I dont care.

Just post your mailing address here in this public forum. I'm sure you'll get some surprises :)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Registratiooooooooooo

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

iForge posted:

- Any specific requests. If you don't want dicks drawn on the box say so, but I'm not making any promises.
- You may include an optional "do not send" list. Have enough T-shirts, maybe mention you'd prefer a neat little HF gadget/tool than another XL funny car guy t-shirt.
awww yeah, so in for this again. The stuff I got last year was great!

Specific requests:
nothing illegal or NSFW visible on the outside, nothing that will put me in prison on the inside
no excrement, no mealworms, no live bees, no :catdrugs:
weed implements are welcome this time around (though they will be enjoyed by my wife, not me)
Tshirts: welcome, I'm a size XL
doesn't matter if it's useful or not, or fits my cars, or anything, send whatever collection of odd things makes you, AI as a whole, and/or me laugh
e: I am an electrical engineer and so is the wife nerd poo poo is welcome etc etc

vehicles I own or care for:
1994 Subaru Justy 5spd 4x4
2001 Subaru Forester
1979 Jeep J10 Honcho
1991+1988 Jeep Comanches
1958 M54A2
1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon

kastein fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 17, 2016

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

WIFE

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

30 registrants so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I'M IN.

About me: Young EE so anything interesting that runs / has at one point run on pixies is cool with me. I like surprises and quirky things, not particularly picky.

Vehicles:
2003 Subaru Baja WRX
2010 Subaru Impreza
2013 Hyundai Veloster (My Absolute FAVORITE)
2005 Porsche Boxster

• Locked thread