Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Yeah i just checked the tracking, never seen it say "lost package investigation"

Hopefully its found soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
That happened to me with UPS before. Ordered 2 wheels from the same company. One was delivered, one was marked as "missing" and never ended up coming. Had to get the shipping company to send another one.

edit: Heres what the tracking info displayed as:

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane
A package has arrived.

Thanks for the airplane kit Secret Santa. I have just the motor to put on it.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Both packages delivered...

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I've got delivery confirmation of the package here. I just need to get it out of the mailbox and pack it up with some other goodies as well. Need to write my letter and then I'll try to get it out tomorrow.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

A package met me at the door when I arrived home just now. It has my name and is marked 'Heavy' :stare: trip report to follow shortly :f5:

Santee; your main portion of your gift should arrive via USPS on Monday.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I received a phone call from fedex yesterday, wishing to schedule a freight delivery with a full tractor truck/53' trailer to my house.

It ended up being another thing I ordered (that I didn't expect to come freight) but I had a few minutes of :stare: :stare: :stare: wondering what in the hell my SS had sent. :P

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

A package met me at the door when I arrived home just now. It has my name and is marked 'Heavy' :stare: trip report to follow shortly :f5:

Santee; your main portion of your gift should arrive via USPS on Monday.

A wild box appears! And a companion that was apparently delivered earlier that my wife had brought inside!

Heavy :dong:

Yeah we do :btroll:

Today I received woodHARDWOOD from a goon and I LOVED IT :awesome:

Bonus Mike & Ikes! I friggin LOVE MIKE&IKES

Bless you Santa! Today I was filled with true Christmas Joy. This is legit awesome though

Somewhat Heroic fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 10, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Two completely serious gifts for the Santee bought today.... now for the random junk.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Somewhat Heroic posted:

A wild box appears! And a companion that was apparently delivered earlier that my wife had brought inside!

Heavy :dong:

Yeah we do :btroll:

Today I received woodHARDWOOD from a goon and I LOVED IT :awesome:

Bonus Mike & Ikes! I friggin LOVE MIKE&IKES

Bless you Santa! Today I was filled with true Christmas Joy. This is legit awesome though

The fact that the wood chips were gift wrapped.... Some poor worker had to wrap a 20# bag of chips.

completely worth the extra $6

Enjoy!

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Finally sorted out something to include that actually matches my santees interests, but it's probably not gonna get here till after the ideal ship by date. I may end up doing delivery to make sure it gets there on time.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Something came in the mail a few days ago and I finally got the opportunity to share it with you since I've been busy with work deployments and retirement parties for the last couple nights. In any case, A HUUUUUUUUUUGE THANK YOU TO SLUNG BLADE!!!

On the second page is the most peculiar Dick pic I've ever seen.

First thing I noticed was this keykey that goes well with my wife's wall of keykeykeykeykey's. Slung Blades hand forged keykey will make the perfect center piece for the wall!

Next out is this vintage master cylinder with ample amounts of rust patina that drips with character.

The rest of the haul includes some seriously amazing wire frame safety glasses that I will most assuredly use the hell out of, a couple 3 in 1 lego kits that my kids will enjoy the hell out of and be able to add to their Lego fiefdom, a box of crayons with which to create more doodles in the art book aaaaaaand...

FREE SMARTIES!!!

Thank you santa Slung Blade for all you have bestowed upon me during the season. Your house building and blacksmithing threads including other gems of wisdom have been something I've enjoyed over the years and now that I've received your package I am smiling from ear to ear. May you and yours have a happy holidays and thank you again!

P.S. our local AHL hockey team is your cities minor league team.

edit: The last thing I was waiting on to package up and send my santee his package just arrived in the mail! :3:

keykey fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 10, 2016

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Payload is deployed. Impact projected for 12/13/2016. Confirmation provided to the general.

C U Next Tuesday!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

keykey posted:

Next out is this vintage master cylinder with ample amounts of rust patina that drips with character.

That's a vintage Mopar master cylinder. You can take that to a swap meet where old people are and trade it for a house or the middle-sexiest of their daughters.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

keykey posted:

Thank you santa Slung Blade for all you have bestowed upon me during the season. Your house building and blacksmithing threads including other gems of wisdom have been something I've enjoyed over the years and now that I've received your package I am smiling from ear to ear. May you and yours have a happy holidays and thank you again!

P.S. our local AHL hockey team is your cities minor league team.

You're welcome keykey, I hope it brings you some laughs. Switch is correct, that is the brake master cylinder from the 66 coronet, it does work so I guess it's not complete junk? :shrug:

Oh also, I wouldn't use those glasses, those are the ones that saved my eye when I was forging those keys. Note the melty/scratched bit on the right eye's lens. I figured they're an interesting keepsake if nothing else.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
fuckfuckfuck I have no idea what to get my santee other than random poo poo :ohdear: post stalking has not helped much because he went and got rid of the car I knew anything about.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

kastein posted:

fuckfuckfuck I have no idea what to get my santee other than random poo poo :ohdear: post stalking has not helped much because he went and got rid of the car I knew anything about.

Then get him random poo poo! Candy, Legos, cheapass tools, and stickers will always appease an AI santee.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kastein posted:

I went with stickers, slightly nicer than usual safety equipment, and beer coasters shaped like rotary rotors. If you also have some random garbage car parts you can sweep off the floor, you're ahead of my game.

e. I've seen your house thread, I'm sure you have a lot of random "vintage" items you can mail someone, now I think about it!

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Here's some more detail on those cross keys (which, I'm told, is a legit Thing in jolly old england, apparently they have pubs all over with crossed keys as a logo, I had no idea until I showed an English fellow that I work with and he told me about it).

Rectangular punch in the square bar.

Drifted out so the round one could slip through.

Forged the 'ears' for each key, welded them on, tacked the shanks in the middle, added the teeth, and beeswaxed.

Fun little project :coal:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Stage 1 of AISS complete, now for stage 2.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Metal Geir, I've got a second package for you, it's going out today/tomorrow, and I only paid for half of it. :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Package wrapped and addressed, ready for posting tomorrow. Shipping will be confirmed. Prepare your letterbox

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Headed out tomorrow, santee! Don't be too creeped out by it!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Sorry santee, your package's arrival has been delayed until thursday according to the tracker. Also, I realized the day after I sent it that it doesn't have a note, so appologies for me being a bad santa. :v:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 15, 2016

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Package delivered...but crickets in the AISS thread :ohdear:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Just got home from work and received this :krad: Laguna Seca poster. Awesome! No name so I'm not sure who to credit but I dig it.

Thanks, Santee!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Previa_fun posted:

Just got home from work and received this :krad: Laguna Seca poster. Awesome! No name so I'm not sure who to credit but I dig it.

Thanks, Santee!

I am the guilty party :) I am glad you like the print! They have some neat stuff, I have ordered a few of their Automotive Icon prints. I went along with the Mazda theme. That shipped directly from the print company, but a small follow up is on the way

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Came home to a box in the shed, assumed it was car parts because it's always car parts.

Then I was greeted by this when I opened it

A gift from Mr. Boaz

This shirt :perfect:

Magnetic light because you can never have enough magnetic lights

Heavy duty gloves, nice since I go through so many of them

Some hole maker-bigger bits and a 10mm socket to lose

A piston out of something way larger than I've messed with

JEGS! Appropriate since I now have a Ford and parts of a Honda

The haul!

Moose didn't want to play fetch for some reason

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Payload is deployed. Impact projected for 12/13/2016. Confirmation provided to the general.
C U Next Tuesday!
Thanks Man :hfive: great stuff. That piston is going to be desk art and that shirt/logo is amazing

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

iForge posted:

Yeah i just checked the tracking, never seen it say "lost package investigation"

Hopefully its found soon!

UPS apparently found it in New Jersey and it should be to Cage today or tomorrow! Huzzah.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

NitroSpazzz posted:

Thanks Man :hfive: great stuff. That piston is going to be desk art and that shirt/logo is amazing

Hell yeah, man. Glad you like it all. If you want the art for the logo, let me know. Racecars always need more stickers, right? :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Finally got my package put together, because I am a bad Santa.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Package going out this week instead of last week due to an unplanned hospital trip! Hooray!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I hope to get mine out soon, getting the last bits today. Just need to pack it up.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Got my package, but I'm at a pub, so I'll post pictures later. Some British expat goons sitting next to me are a little jealous of what might be in one of the gifts.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I don't have cute pet box inspectors, but a few (brit expat) goons were staring at my package, sniffed a bit and swore there was marmalade in the box. So, instead, I posed some FamilyMart Star Wars bobble heads next to everything.

A box!

A box of chocolates?

This looks interesting...but wait! A card!

Apparently putting random bits of machinery into the laundry is a thing British people do...

Some herbs of a non-smoking kind. Tea is pretty big here in Taiwan, and I've been drinking my fill, so much appreciated.

Marmite! Proper British Cadbury chocolate and a Galaxy bar (being American I haven't had either)! And a MOTHER loving SHARK CAR!

A credit card multi-tool which will certainly see lots of use when I visit the 7-Eleven "pubs", and the shrunken gearbox attached to a key chain! This must've come off of only the finest of British cars, because it won't shift into 5th or 6th :v:

And now the main attraction, the baby vice clamp. This is a proper hunk of cast iron, too; not some cheap piece of plastic that's more a toy than a tool. This will certainly see some use with some of my hobbies.

Thanks, freelop mysterious Santa person.

e: Just to explain, the package was actually sent to goon Safety Biscuits because I've recently moved and don't have a way to receive packages yet. He and another (brit expat) goon were quite impressed with the haul and have already asked to take the Marmite off my hands. For now, I've got to look up the instructions for the Typhoo tea bags.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 14, 2016

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

YF19pilot posted:

I don't have cute pet box inspectors, but a few (brit expat) goons were staring at my package, sniffed a bit and swore there was marmalade in the box. So, instead, I posed some FamilyMart Star Wars bobble heads next to everything.

Thanks, freelop mysterious Santa person.

e: Just to explain, the package was actually sent to goon Safety Biscuits because I've recently moved and don't have a way to receive packages yet. He and another (brit expat) goon were quite impressed with the haul and have already asked to take the Marmite off my hands. For now, I've got to look up the instructions for the Typhoo tea bags.

Yeah, can confirm we were a bit envious about this. Excellent gift, whoever sent it!

we totes said Marmite tho, not marmalade :colbert:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Tremek posted:

Heads up Santee: UPS may have hosed up, they're indicating the package is missing. With that said your Steam game delivered today at the pre-set time I thought you would also be seeing a physical package, so at least there's that. Going to continue to harass UPS to unfuck this, but if it's gone I'll make it up to you. :(
Yo I got this. :whatup:

Will post pictures later.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

My Santee's package is waiting at their local post office according to tracking.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Package sent. Fa la la la la

La la la laa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That tiny vice is really cool.

• Locked thread