Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Glad it all made it!

I was a bit worried having read that you can't send tea extract to your place and wasn't sure if that included teabags but figured the amount wouldn't hurt.

Instructions for tea (assuming you have no teapot)

1)Put bag in mug
2)Add BOILING water
3)Leave a couple of minutes
4)Remove bag
5)Add milk/sugar to taste (I like mine with milk, no sugar)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I typically don't use this name for mail...

Heres the headache inducing letter, and a nice looking bag of coffee.

Some awesome shotglasses that Im not sure I should add to the other assorted mustang memorabilia on my work desk. Still will though. Nice find on these!

He also got me My Summer Car on steam which I think I read is a beer buying sweden simulator with permadeath. Excited to play it.

THANKS TREMEK THE BEST = YOU MERRY AIGOONMAS

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Huzzah a box!

You can uncross your fingers, I haven't read Snuff yet
I do have the same habbit of wandering charity shops and picking up books and this sci-fi one looks really good so it's next on my "to read" pile.
Not sure which of the Top Gear books you were reffering to as being like page 15 so I'm assuming both simultaniously.

I would have liked to have seen the event and recovery of the 2 failed roller bearings, "screaching and fire" is the best failure mode.
I was spinning the other bearings before reading the note.

Love this movie and now I've delicious toffee to eat whilst watching it

Might have taken me an embassing amount of time to work out the "3x craps hidden in wrapping" joke

Thanks Cakesmith!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Yay! You're welcome. Of note those two metal bearing rollers are from the same set, so they started out the same size.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

cakesmith handyman posted:

Yay! You're welcome. Of note those two metal bearing rollers are from the same set, so they started out the same size.

My fiancé has banned me from the plastic bearings already :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Apparently there is a package at your front door santee.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Dec 16, 2016

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
E: wrong thread I am a dumbass

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 16, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A package!

Suspicious stains...

Loot!

Whisky-barrel finished beer!

I got a random car stuff from O'Reilly: including a couple of calendars, a sticker, a beer cozy. A license plate frame from Racing Integration.com, a couple of pseudoSA grenade stickers, a Mazda emblem, and a lanyard from something called FL2K.

Even nicer, a Streamlight flashlight! I needed that!

And nicest of all, that is a serious, serious looking beer. I'll need to select only the finest of football to pair with it.

Thanks Santa, whoever you are!

e. I just figured out oh, hey, that is a road sign branded beer! It's thematically appropriate!:iiaca:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Fl2k is a 2000ft drag race held once a year in central florida. The lanyard and license plate frame were freebies a couple buddies brought back and gave me. I have another one of the lanyards I'm using currently.

The spirit of oreillys calander is normally given out to employees and the first call is given out to shops every year in december. The fist call one has some pretty awesome cars in it. The sticker and beer coozy are generic swag we have around for giving out for whatever reason we decide is good enough. Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on the magnetic version.

Those little streamlights own. The one I gave a buddy a year ago took over from my normal retractable shop light due to awesomeness. Nice and bright and perfect size for holding in your teeth while working on stuff.

The beer is neat. Its from a local brewery thats set up in an old mechanics shop. Thats their special 1 year anniversery brew that was aged in whiskey casks from a local whiskey distiller called Wild Buck. They age them down in the old inspection pits that they sealed off and keep temperature controlled. I have yet to have a beer from marker 48 I didn't like.

The mazda logo happened to be a leftover from when I got drunk and ordered a bunch of stickers to put on my 6 wagon shortly after I got it, but I accidentally ordered one for a mazda 3 (I am the worst parts guy when it comes to my own poo poo apparently). I figured it could take the part of broken junk, since all I have handy is some trashed main bearings from a 350 somewhere in the garage (assuming I could get to that part of it). Oh, and the grenade stickers got added into our stock literally 2-3 weeks before I sent that out. I kinda had to send 'em along.

All this should have been in a letter, but I'm dumb and forgot to include it. Hope you enjoy the beer and flashlight fellow mazda wagon buddy. :toot:

Edit:

Leperflesh posted:

e. I just figured out oh, hey, that is a road sign branded beer! It's thematically appropriate!:iiaca:

Actually, its a boat analogy. The sign is a channel marker used when boating. You keep the red markers on your right side when returning to port to remain in the channel so you can avoid stuff like shallow sections, rocks and other obstructions. Though its still a pretty AI beer given where and how its made.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 16, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey thanks mister popper, yeah it's a great gifty package. I just took a look and the employee calendar has all these corporate dates in it, and random motivational phrases and stuff, it's pretty funny. This streamlight seems perfect for car work. And my beer is an individually numbered bottle!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

You should see our monthly team newsletter. Entire pages of corporate types talking about the company values. Though they have neat stories from customers and overviews of new products, so I read 'em anyways.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
That's... a rather unexpected AISS I think I just recieved. Pics when I am actually awake and not a zombie.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Package stuffed full of goodies is on its way!

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane
Package delivered. To a rather confused looking goon.

Lots of genuine Canadian Snow to drive through.

helno fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 16, 2016

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I'd just been woken up by my dogs barking their faces off.

You seriously drove here from Tiverton? :ohdear: I feel like a jerk for not inviting you in.

Thanks helno, this is great.

So, I'm working nights this weekend and thusly was having a nap when my dogs start their "THERE'S A PERSON AT THE DOOR PERSON AT THE DOOR PERSON AT THE DOOR BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK," routine. I quickly threw on some clothes and went downstairs to find a very not-goony-looking fellow at the door with a large and heavy package. It was awkward for a moment when I decided to step out and close the door so I could hear him over my dogs, but with a hasty merry christmas my santa delivered his package and went on his merry way (you're lucky, helno, my street was plowed only this morning). I kinda feel like an rear end for not inviting him in, but I do hope he heard the merry christmas I replied with.

Anyways, onto the haul because I am a literal manchild and would not even consider waiting until the 25th.

Something bulges from within...

A nice letter typed up by a swell Santa who got me a box of cool stuff:

Said box of cool stuff:

helno, joke's on you, my dad's like half german and half dutch and my mom's like half german and half scottish, so this took me like 10 seconds. Apparently the rags are ones 14 Inchmortan Joe used when he was but a wee little 13, and may contain bodily fluids.

Also, I'm certain that jbweld can fix this. Small engine parts are adorable and I will have to figure out a good place to showcase these.

Movies that I am totally going to watch (actually watched Insidious last week). Along with mint wafers that I have not been able to locate since taking the picture, though my breath feels minty. Along for the ride are a Neustadt 10W30, which is actually a beer I don't get to enjoy nearly often enough, and a 456, which is one I haven't tried. I once went to the Neustadt brewery, neat little operation they have going on there.

Last and certainly not least because I am going to wear the poo poo out of these.

TEQ 4 LYFE.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 16, 2016

helno
Jun 19, 2003

I'll come up and see your truck sometime when the weather is better.

You guys got a shitload more snow than we did last night.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
About half of it fell between noon and three yesterday. This is february amounts of snow here.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

They sent everyone home early yesterday in anticipation of that shitstorm moving south.

I had to stay late and ended up doing some actual off roading to get home afterwards.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Metal Geir I am terrible and haven't sent out package two with its more personalized items. I'll try to get it out today now that I got this box from helno that all your gifts fit into perfectly. Sadly I was informed that the exportation of Genuine Canadian Snow was banned by the Snow Export Act of 1893 so I figured out some last-minute item to fill the gap left by it.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
I'm trying not to be a bad Santa! I have one thing, and am going to get another to send out hopefully tomorrow or Monday. To my recipient, it may show up after Christmas at this rate. It's just been bad with bills this month. :shobon:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

The 2nd part of mine should go out tomorrow.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
2nd package out, should arrive on the 23rd or 24th (if USPS delivers on the 24th), metal geir.

Hopefully they don't try to stiff you on customs, it's marked as a gift but the ladies at the post office insisted I make the total declared value $100, especially since the shipping cost more than the contents.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 16, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Fermented Tinal posted:

Last and certainly not least because I am going to wear the poo poo out of these.

TEQ 4 LYFE.

These are dope loving shirts, holy gently caress.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

These are dope loving shirts, holy gently caress.

Cheap t-shirt
Freezer paper
50/50 bleach and water in a spray bottle

The people on here make some pretty impressive designs.
https://www.reddit.com/r/bleachshirts/

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's amazing, you don't/didn't need to at all. Always appreciated!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Adiabatic - package received by a wife confused by the ominous jingling.

Will post pictures and whatnots later.

Edit: The spoils!

Got a call that a package came and that it was clanky and jingly. Said it was from Virginia. I eventually arrived home to find...goats?

No matter. What's inside? Um, stuff? It appears to be a fan, a shirt, and a smattering of Virginia foliage.

Now we're getting somewhere. I spy some change, some brass, a box, and a shop towel manifesto letter.

Official package inspector checking out the Badger Ball.

A box of doodads. It's a kit for something but I'll be damned if I know what. This should keep my occupied for a while :)

BALL

A loving amazing shirt

A fan from the van I assume? This will definitely go up in the garage.

The haul:

Definitely a kick-rear end box of stuff. Thanks Adiabatic! :sun:

Boaz MacPhereson fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 17, 2016

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Santa, whisky update: I've had a bit of a crap day, frankly, and your gift has helped a lot.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Adiabatic - package received by a wife confused by the ominous jingling.

Will post pictures and whatnots later.

Edit: The spoils!

Got a call that a package came and that it was clanky and jingly. Said it was from Virginia. I eventually arrived home to find...goats?

No matter. What's inside? Um, stuff? It appears to be a fan, a shirt, and a smattering of Virginia foliage.

Now we're getting somewhere. I spy some change, some brass, a box, and a shop towel manifesto letter.

Official package inspector checking out the Badger Ball.

A box of doodads. It's a kit for something but I'll be damned if I know what. This should keep my occupied for a while :)

BALL

A loving amazing shirt

A fan from the van I assume? This will definitely go up in the garage.

The haul:

Definitely a kick-rear end box of stuff. Thanks Adiabatic! :sun:

glad you enjoyed it dude :)

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

InitialDave posted:

Santa, whisky update: I've had a bit of a crap day, frankly, and your gift has helped a lot.

Glad to hear it. I posted the rest of your stuff the other day, but gently caress knows when it will get there.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

As I was shoveling my driveway on yet another cold midwestern morning with overnight snow, I noticed a package on my doorstep. I don't remember expecting anything to show up, so I had a hunch that Christmas itself was inside that box. I hauled rear end to finish shoveling and then hurriedly brought my prize indoors.

Still frosty.

Hmm, well packed.

Various mysteries lurked inside:

The full haul:

A sweet hat which I'm currently wearing, some tasty gummie bears that have been confirmed tasty, coasters, a book about dead people in ice, some star wars swag, a license plate to add to the garage collection, a safety bumper sticker, and a card. There's so much here that I'm still checking it all out. :3:

Next, the NSFW box tempted me the most, and since my wife wasn't home so I figured I should hurry while that was still the case. The side of the box said it was a flashlight or something, so I thought it was just a goon being funny. Instead, it was a goon being goddamn hilarious.
:nws:

Also included some spark plugs from my big brother truck. After that, I was scared to open the mystery bag. :ohdearsass: Buuuuuuuut I did. And glad I did.

:ms: Some awesome stickers, a flasher (?), a bitchin' Ramones pin, and a very AI motorcyclist post card.

According to the card, the wrapped gift was something sweet, so I saved it for last.

:hellyeah: Time to try my hand at playing helicopter pilot!

Thanks so much angryrobots! This made my day after I was pissed to wake up to shoveling snow. Merry AISS-mas to you!

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 17, 2016

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

You're welcome! I love my cheap r/c helis. They are a great stress reliever and very sturdy, you can and will crash the hell out of it, but they are also very controllable once you get the hang of it.

I don't have that model and it took all my self control to not open and fly it.

(The water gun dong was left over from a bachelorette party my wife went to. Figured it was a good chance to get rid of it. I'm sorry. :v: )

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Package sent (I'll send confirmation when I can get to a real computer) and should be there Friday. Took longer than I expected to get together, but I'm excited to see the reaction.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Package has been sent! Found a good deal so nothing too exciting this year.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 250 days!)

Sorry if I have already posted this here- It's been crazy. I don't know when I'll be able to open my gift- so I'm very sorry Santa. I'm currently dealing with hospice, morphine, and 18" of fresh snow.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Stay safe Saab ghost

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

My package :wink: will be going out Monday at the latest. Sorry for cutting it so close, Santee.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Amazon seller still hasn't gotten my last thing to me :ohdear:

I found some nifty junkyard bling to go in the box today though.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
My Santee's package has made it to the US, and is only one state away from them now. :ohdearsass:

slothrop posted:

Glad to hear it. I posted the rest of your stuff the other day, but gently caress knows when it will get there.
Thanks Santa! I had a fellow whisky drinker staying over yesterday, so introduced him to it as well.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

West SAAB Story posted:

Sorry if I have already posted this here- It's been crazy. I don't know when I'll be able to open my gift- so I'm very sorry Santa. I'm currently dealing with hospice, morphine, and 18" of fresh snow.

Fair enough, hope everything works out for you. We've had our fair share of set backs this week too. Another Christmas funeral for the 2nd year in a row, woop woop..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Shipping deadline is this Wednesday the 21st. Great work to those that have already shipped early!

• Locked thread