Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

To be fair to Reigns he also spiked his own head on the mat when he botched the spear so he may have been brain broke too

Meltzer said there were reports they "bonked heads" (Dave is always a wordsmith) so yeah the Big Dawg may have been rattled too. In hindsight that spot was way above Roman's skill level

Also Meltzer said Shane was OK and coherent a couple hours after getting bonked, not sure if anyone posted that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

you shouldn't do a spot that crazy with a worthless nepotism hire who has never worked for or deserved any success in his life and has barely ever even been carried to a good match. Shane probably shouldnt have tried it either.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

projecthalaxy posted:

you shouldn't do a spot that crazy with a worthless nepotism hire who has never worked for or deserved any success in his life and has barely ever even been carried to a good match. Shane probably shouldnt have tried it either.

You're trying too hard imo

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Shane looked pretty good in that match. Helped that his punches look like Lawler punches next to Dean's

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I think he was also going stiff on Strauman with the uppercuts, they had a good smack to them

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Shane looked pretty good in that match. Helped that his punches look like Lawler punches next to Dean's

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

Meltzer said there were reports they "bonked heads" (Dave is always a wordsmith) so yeah the Big Dawg may have been rattled too. In hindsight that spot was way above Roman's skill level

Also Meltzer said Shane was OK and coherent a couple hours after getting bonked, not sure if anyone posted that

I'm glad to hear he's okay but worried that this won't be his last match

Each big dumb bump in each big dumb match he does gets scarier to watch

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

projecthalaxy posted:

lol

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm glad to hear he's okay but worried that this won't be his last match

Each big dumb bump in each big dumb match he does gets scarier to watch

is this the first time he's actually gotten hosed up by one of his crazy spots? it's amazing he hasn't been hurt more with all the poo poo he's done

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Like I said, better than Dean's "cat scratching" technique

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

you have no loving clue what the word nepotism means do you

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

projecthalaxy posted:

Wait so the going idea is that Shane shoot kicked out because he was brain-broke? And Roman, Roman Reigns, the big dog, the best wrestler ever, could not stop this sad broken dad from lifting a shoulder?

maybe i wasn't paying attention but it seemed to me that shane just never put his shoulders down/was laying on his side from the spear and didn't have the wherewithal to eat the pin

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i'm going to pretend AJ's reaction is solely to the punches

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

projecthalaxy posted:

They should give coast 2 coast to someone on the full time roster. The crowd always pops for it.

Let zayn do it in big matches.

If they let rollins do the pedigree i'm sure recycling a few big spots wouldn't be a big deal. Cesaro already claimed the 619

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

bradzilla posted:

you have no loving clue what the word nepotism means do you

Please understand that I carefully fact check every post I give the vaunted Soothing Vapors "lol" Certification to. he's an Anoaʻi, it fits the first definition of nepotism found on google ("the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends").

In the future feel free to rely solely on my lols to assume that a post checks out and is, in fact, a Good and Accurate Post

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm going to pretend AJ's reaction is solely to the punches

lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So Goldberg has to be coming back now right? Doing more of a storyline after that match? I hope so. It'll be nice to have a cool strong renegade face character on Raw who does a spear. They've been needing one.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i think i heard somewhere that he will be wrestling at the rumble

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I hope he's done for good and goes into the HoF next year fully retired, because coming back for just one last super-squash is a perfect way for his career to finish, and no other match after this is going to add anything.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Goldberg is living proof of what staying away from wrestling for 12 years will do to your body, compare him to how Kane and Undertaker look and its night and day

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

The worst shield member, worse even then brad maddox, schemed a scheme whereby he would try to murder shane mcmahon and make people forget about his shameful back.

Brad Maddox is actually the best Shield member please check yrself

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

pressedbunny posted:

I hope he's done for good and goes into the HoF next year fully retired, because coming back for just one last super-squash is a perfect way for his career to finish, and no other match after this is going to add anything.

I'd imagine the long term plan is to have another match with Lesnar at either RR or WM. Don't know how well-remembered this is, or if it will figure into Brock's storyline at all going forward, but back when Lesnar annihilated Orton, Paul passive aggressively paid Brock's fine for him in a segment where it was strongly implied that Brock's behaviour is almost irrelevant because he's so important. If they do play off of that, and I actually hope they do, I assume what will happen is Brock will show up and wreck poo poo out of anger at being humiliated and crushed by a guy who'd been retired for 12 years, and it'll either lead to a path of destruction pointing to a match at WM or RR, depending on when they want to pay it off. With Brock winning by chicanery, I assume.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brock pleading for 3 more matches so he can win the feud against 50 year old man

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd imagine the long term plan is to have another match with Lesnar at either RR or WM. Don't know how well-remembered this is, or if it will figure into Brock's storyline at all going forward, but back when Lesnar annihilated Orton, Paul passive aggressively paid Brock's fine for him in a segment where it was strongly implied that Brock's behaviour is almost irrelevant because he's so important. If they do play off of that, and I actually hope they do, I assume what will happen is Brock will show up and wreck poo poo out of anger at being humiliated and crushed by a guy who'd been retired for 12 years, and it'll either lead to a path of destruction pointing to a match at WM or RR, depending on when they want to pay it off. With Brock winning by chicanery, I assume.

I think that would be a cool way to do it, not sure how they will actually do it as lol wwe

also didn't think that the Raw would keep the cruiserweights or that Miz would keep the belt, though I'm happy Miz retained because I think he's the best heal and lately been a really good wrestler as well, love him stealing Daniel's moves

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Brock pleading for 3 more matches so he can win the feud against 50 year old man

That reminds me of the awesome segment where Brock begged for a match with Goldberg after he cost him the title to Eddie. That was so good. Also, unrelated, but Brock's sell of the spears was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_YTz5c8M_0

That reminds me, was any part of Brock leaving after WM having to do with doing a job for Eddie in the first place?

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 21, 2016

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope Goldberg never wrestles again and Lesnar and Heyman gently caress off for a while. They are boring right now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wtf is Punk doing

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Actually Goldberg, Lesnar, and Heyman are the best things In WWE.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Intruder posted:

wtf is Punk doing

It looks like he's kinda mockingly rooting for John? At the very end of the gif it looks like he's trying to do a thumbs up.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Suplex Liberace posted:

Actually Goldberg, Lesnar, and Heyman are the best things In WWE.

- Vince McMahon, 2016

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Intruder posted:

wtf is Punk doing

This was the start of heel Punk, he was pissed that Cena was stealing his spotlight.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vince would never say that about Heyman

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He didn't say the McMahon family is the best thing in WWE though

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

- Vince McMahon, 2016

Listen I don't doxx you plz don't doxx me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

wtf is Punk doing

I believe this was like the 20th time he and his WWE title were treated as (at best) the third most important thing in both a ring and a feud during his reign. At times his misery at the situation was pretty obvious, like there

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

pressedbunny posted:

That would be perfect. Goldberg comes back, has the most Goldberg match possible, and retires on a wave of peak Gooooooldberrrrrrg. :allears:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shine posted:

That would be perfect. Goldberg comes back, has the most Goldberg match possible, and retires on a wave of peak Gooooooldberrrrrrg. :allears:

Especially since they probably threw some nice coin at him to appear

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Goldberg probably got paid more for that 45 seconds of work than I have in my career

e: Not sure why I said "probably"

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 21, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Missed out on a golden opportunity to put Reigns on this ad

Mr. Believe That meets Mr. Believe It!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

i think i heard somewhere that he will be wrestling at the rumble

He was actually signed for the rumble before they had the idea for the Brock match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

He was actually signed for the rumble before they had the idea for the Brock match

They signed him for the Brock match and then they extended him to the Rumble

• Locked thread