Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nanomashoes posted:

First they let the guy that made the good d&d inspired turn based fantasy games make a terrible movie and then they fired the guy that made the serious political dramas based on historical events and they wound up having to give directorship over to the fashion reject so he could make his game about a beautiful perfect pink haired woman who becomes real and marries him.

The problem with the latest FF games is the new directors have a very narrow range of interests that reads: Video Games, Fashion, Anime. The older guys had interests outside of games, Matsuno was big into medieval European history, Sakamoto liked tabletop games and mythology. Now the games are just so up their rear end in anime bullshit that nothing looks interesting or real or makes any sense anymore.

Matsuno got way over his head with XII. Apparently he kept growing the scope of the game till there was no reasonable way to finish everything and everything had to be cut out at the last moment to actually get it done. It also doesn't help that he got dropped into the sort of "trial by fire" SE sometimes does where you either rise to godhood or come tumbling down, he didn't have the experience working with large teams and the decision making process of them at all.

We still dont know how FFXV is going to end up like. It could be a complete mess for all we know, but we at least know that Tabata took over an obviously troubled production and finalized the game. Most people seem to be positive of the combat system and at least the first 5 chapters, we still dont know if everything after that shits the bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nanomashoes posted:

Actually, you say the game is for 13 year olds, but when I was 13 I would have said the game looked gay. Who the hell is FF15 for? Who wants to play a boyband road trip game that is also an in depth RPG where you fight a boss for 72 real time hours? The game just doesn't mesh, stylistically or conceptually. I have no idea who the audience for it is, and I don't think Square does either, because I think it was designed piecemeal and every little individual part was signed off on but not the product as a whole.

Source your quotes

• Locked thread