Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Recently I decided to play thru all the classic REs. Well actually I just finally got around to playing REmake and when it was some of the most epicest poo poo ever decided to play the rest. I completed REmake on Jill Easy Mode on accident cause the difficulties aren't named easy normal etc.. and I thought the middle one was normal oops. I also just beat RE2 via emulator and completed Leon A / Claire B Normal

And now I'm playing Resident Evil 3 which is way more stressful than the other ones for some reason and I have to pause it and take a breather sometimes. but the ammo creation mechanic and nemesis are awesome and one time Nemesis busted through a window and I wasn't expecting it and I yelped and bout fell out of my drat chair. Hell I think I'm gonna play some right now. These games are ftw let's talk about some resident evil folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Evil Eagle posted:

There's something special about classic RE that makes it tough to decide which I like better. I'm kind of sad that the last time real survival horror RE appeared was on the Gamecube.

Even though I've loved RE4 for years and have insane nostalgia about it and I beat it a million times REmake is probably my favorite of the two. I love the classic RE style so much it's depressing to think there probably wont be anything like it ever again

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

My favorite RE is RE3.

its really good so far and I just got the Bronze Book to place by the water shooting statues which I forget where they are so I'm running around blasting zombies having a good time until i find the statues

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Found the statues.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

Also have you see the prototype RE4 rediscover?

You mean like the prerelease gameplay stuff they showed that was more like the old school ones? if so yes and i wish that was a real game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I wonder where we'd be now if they went with that original deisgn

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

At the same time, at the same place.

You have to survive this nightmare to know the true end.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wish I could get Nemesis out of my hair for two drat seconds. Frig off dude, let me pick up a drat crank in peace for once

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You should fight him when he appears.

I know you get cool guns and stuff but I'm bad at fighting him and he scares me so maybe later. I know how the drops work and I'm pretty sure I already missed out on the cool shot gun or whatever.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bump. the clock tower is bad rear end

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I remember him being reasonably easy to kill, but then again I was raised on re and was well seasoned by that point.

I just killed him for the first time and got EAGLE PARTS A and I'm at the part now where I'm playing as carlos and jill is infected and I'm scared I waited to late to start fighting him and in to close to the end to kill him on th[nrandom encounters enough for the loot.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

me and my friend are playing RE4 side by side right now where we both hit new game at the same time and it's so much drat fun. Strat discussion is getting heated

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think there's 2 free kills on him. Once in the restaurant where you can blow him up and also somewhere else that escapes me.

I got a free kill at the clock tower balcony by zapping him with a cord

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

NickRoweFillea posted:

Pro strat: when you use the knife to break boxes and crates, immediately Swing again to kill any wayward snakes living in there

What the hell do you take me for. Some kind of hosed up idiot noob? Frig off mate.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The "Gamer of the Year" is scared of the Nemesis. Sounds like he's actually the wimp of the year, if you ask me.

Pick a game and I'll bury you in it.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Nice job turning a badass call out into some gay poo poo maties.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I choose Crusader Kings 2.

Erhm... I don't have that one

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

GotY status revoked.

False.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Ya there both good IMO. Good co-op games as well

• Locked thread