Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
Think it'll be registered as a salvage title in El Salvador or where ever they are sending them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

MarcusSA posted:

I mean that would only work if the car was able to drive into the dealership under its own power

Pryed the front bumper off and it moves under its own power reasonably.

tehDiceman
Jan 10, 2013
My vw credit loan hasn't been paid either. Turn in date was 1/20, 2/3 payment didn't go out. I'm not giving them any money. There was plenty of time to sort this out and I had my money in 2 days. I'm planning to file a claim against the loan if it isn't gone at the end of the month. My paperwork says it's paid and not my problem. *shrug*

Also, vw credit customer service is a joke. I have called 5 times and waited on hold for a total of 2 hours. All calls were disconnected "accidently" before speaking to anyone. I sent a secure message two days ago and crickets. They really are fubaring this whole thing. Never again vw.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Got the email yesterday about 3.0 settlements.

Still waiting on our Jetta date to get here as well.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Just dropped off my TDI. No problems even with my broken window. They didn't even say anything about the fact that the whole back seat was covered in broken glass. In and out in 15 minutes.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Just dropped off my TDI. No problems even with my broken window. They didn't even say anything about the fact that the whole back seat was covered in broken glass. In and out in 15 minutes.

Nice. We are under the two week mark for our return. Bought a new car on Sunday, because it just was cutting it too close. The transmission on our TDI is super finicky now. It'll sit in the garage, with the occasional start, safe from harm's way.

And did you have two sets of keys? I managed to find our spare, but I wondered if anyone had an issue with that? I thought the paperwork requested two sets, but how can you even demand something like that?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Kramdar posted:

Nice. We are under the two week mark for our return. Bought a new car on Sunday, because it just was cutting it too close. The transmission on our TDI is super finicky now. It'll sit in the garage, with the occasional start, safe from harm's way.

And did you have two sets of keys? I managed to find our spare, but I wondered if anyone had an issue with that? I thought the paperwork requested two sets, but how can you even demand something like that?

Yeah, I had both of the remotes plus the regular key. But based on the reaction of the girl that was handling the paperwork I would guess most people just brought one set. She never asked for them. I handed them over after all the paperwork was signed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mine is coming up here in about 7 days.

Bought a 2017 accord and I couldn't be happier with it. It makes a great replacement for my Passat.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Has anyone been receiving mailers about a settlement with Bosch? I'm not sure if it's legitimate or more ambulance chaser junk.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

About the software? Yeah I got one too and I'm wondering the same thing.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
I got one as well. My reading was that if I had completed the vehicle turn in, I was automatically registered and needed to do nothing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I finally completed my turn in last week.

Easy painless and quick.

Only issue that I ran into is that the payout to my loan is different to what I owe so I have to wait for the loan company to refund me the $2500 or so.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Anyone know if they would care about turning the car in with different wheels. I'd like to keep the 19s.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Withnail posted:

Anyone know if they would care about turning the car in with different wheels. I'd like to keep the 19s.

From the way the lady did mine I don't think they would care to be honest they prob. wouldn't even know.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
I turned mine in with 18" Audi monoblocs and they just said "cool wheels". Didn't even ask for the oem 17"s

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
I brought mine back with really lovely, rusted, junkyard steelies with lovely bald rotted out used tires. Nobody said a thing.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Will they give you a ride home after turning your car in or are you on your own for that?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fknlo posted:

Will they give you a ride home after turning your car in or are you on your own for that?

Im sure the dealer has a shuttle service you could use but the turn in people could care less.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

My wife's oldest son picked her up. Do you want me to have him swing by and get you?

I heard the salesmen will snag you a la Planet of the Apes if they see you walking off the lot after turning in your TDI.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

fknlo posted:

My dealership offered their shuttle service to me after my drop off. I'd just call the dealership to double check, but I"m sure they'll be willing to offer you standard services like that. Just don't expect them to be your personal Uber service.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fishvilla posted:

My dealership offered their shuttle service to me after my drop off. I'd just call the dealership to double check, but I"m sure they'll be willing to offer you standard services like that. Just don't expect them to be your personal Uber service.

Yeah, I'll just need a ride home. I can shove a bike in the car and then show up in my biking kit and ride home if necessary since it's supposed to be nice tomorrow. Would make the turn in more fun if I was wearing spandex.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Seems like a good oppurtunity for a salesman to take you by the arm and let you test drive a new Golf R home.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Throatwarbler posted:

Seems like a good oppurtunity for a salesman to take you by the arm and let you test drive a new Golf R home.

I'd consider this if they got me out of the GTI lease penalty free. Considering the amount of work it needs to be whole I don't see that happening.

e: Goodbye TDI. You were a good car. I'll enjoy the extra $17k in my checking account though. They didn't even try to sell me a car either. What a bunch of fools.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 16, 2017

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Ah, so the Bosch settlement will pay out automatically when I turn my car in?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TsarZiedonis posted:

Ah, so the Bosch settlement will pay out automatically when I turn my car in?

What's this about? I don't think I got anything in the mail.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

MarcusSA posted:

What's this about? I don't think I got anything in the mail.

I just got mine. $350 payout for it, apparently.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

King of False Promises posted:

I just got mine. $350 payout for it, apparently.

Payment Mailed to you? Or email like the car?

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
A postcard with a circuit court logo on it that I almost threw out as spam before I actually read it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
the bosch settlement wont be hitting anyone's wallet for like 6 months or more.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

And the card said "up to $350" so expect the actual amount to be quite a bit less.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

bizwank posted:

And the card said "up to $350" so expect the actual amount to be quite a bit less.

I misunderstood as if he had received the payment. Yeah, we got three postcards to two different addresses.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
It'll be typical class action, $5 million settlement, with $4.5 million going to the legal team.

Menidan
Nov 21, 2002
Has anyone done the closing appointment with one co-owner not present? It sounds like I'll need to obtain some kind of power of attorney from the other owner, but the phrasing of the one linked on the claims portal makes me unsure of whether having my co-owner sign and notarize then mail it to me it will be enough. It doesn't really have a place to notarize other than the one "for internal use only" so I also wouldn't know where to tell the co-owner to sign. I'm in Illinois if it makes a difference.

This is the form I'm looking at: https://claims.vwgoa.com/resources/forms/VW_Title_Power_Of_Attorney.pdf
Illinois power of attorney form: https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/rt5.pdf - I was thinking about getting this one signed and bringing it in as well because it makes a lot more sense to me

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Turned in my 14 Jetta Friday. Good riddance. Now to wait for the money

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

Turned in my 14 Jetta Friday. Good riddance. Now to wait for the money

Got mine pretty quick. I need to talk to the bank my loan is through because I'm pretty sure they'll owe me money. Especially since $200 is getting deducted from me every pay period because I keep forgetting to change it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fknlo posted:

Got mine pretty quick. I need to talk to the bank my loan is through because I'm pretty sure they'll owe me money. Especially since $200 is getting deducted from me every pay period because I keep forgetting to change it.

Yeah I had to call mine too about that. It took extra time since it was a large amount.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Can't wait for them to finish the 3.0 so I can dump this thing. I am doing my best to avoid any maintenance and just stretch it out. Pretty sure there's a leak in the Ad Blue tank and the electronics need a lot of love but I just don't care. Still not sure what to replace it with but have been considering a BMW diesel with the xdrive or a Subaru.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

lightpole posted:

Can't wait for them to finish the 3.0 so I can dump this thing. I am doing my best to avoid any maintenance and just stretch it out. Pretty sure there's a leak in the Ad Blue tank and the electronics need a lot of love but I just don't care. Still not sure what to replace it with but have been considering a BMW diesel with the xdrive or a Subaru.

Do you know when things will get rolling?

I know May 1st was the deadline to register as a former owner, but past that the documentation says May 2017 for further action.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Just received my check from the Bosch settlement: $350.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
hell yeah i thought we were looking at months from now

• Locked thread