Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
JK Rowling is the definition of performative wokeness, this comes as absolutely no surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Just put Colin Farrell in ugly makeup, that wasn’t a hard choice.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
being completely fair to Rowling, isn't the Depp thing waaaaaay hairier than the stories initially made it look? I remember hearing rumblings that Heard was also beating Depp, not just the other way around, and never cared to really look further because I stopped giving a poo poo about Depp years ago

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

being completely fair to Rowling, isn't the Depp thing waaaaaay hairier than the stories initially made it look?

No. And it's also insane that Heard had to release pictures of herself with bruises and cut lip and donate the money she got out of Depp to a charity in order to get people to believe that she was abused.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

What even is the last good Johnny Depp movie. gently caress.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Mameluke posted:

JK Rowling is the definition of performative wokeness, this comes as absolutely no surprise.

Rowling is the "sensible centrist" and as a Labour party member her stuff at the last election was shocking. gently caress her.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

dont even fink about it posted:

You didn't see his Oscar caliber performance in The Lone Ranger?!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Alhazred posted:

No. And it's also insane that Heard had to release pictures of herself with bruises and cut lip and donate the money she got out of Depp to a charity in order to get people to believe that she was abused.

...huh, I'm googling now and it seems like the stuff about Heard beating him too was either all smoke or deliberate misdirection from Depp's PR stuff that's since been scrubbed from the internet. yeah, gently caress Rowling for keeping him on, they should have replaced him with Christopher Plummer

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I used to think Johnny Depp was super gorgeous and sexy and I went out of my way to watch everything I could find that he was in. In my defense, I was also 12 and Pirates of the Caribbean had just come out.

Thankfully, I stopped watching things specifically for him many years ago. Otherwise, I might have had to see Mortecai. I also recall reading somewhere that he was initially going to play Ralph Fienne's role in The Grand Budapest Hotel, which would have been absolutely horrible.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Seeing that Depp is going to be in a film makes me not want to see it, these days, and that’s not even factoring in the wife beating.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Like most actors who get old and rich and up-their-own-rear end Depp is lazy as gently caress in movies these days and makes extremely boring or annoying choices. I actually kinda dig Transcendence, so that's probably the last movie of his I enjoyed, but it helps that he spends the major chunk of the film as a computer program.

Also, he's a piece of poo poo.

It's really funny in Fantastic Beasts when Farrell turns into Depp because it almost seemed deliberate, like they were trying to toss out what little interest I may have still had by that point.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Donald Trump's The Art of the Deal: The Movie

I'm genuinely serious.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I remember the movie theater made a collective "eugh" noise when Colin Ferrell, who was doing a great job, got replaces by Johnny Depp who was done up almost the the point of parody.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Culturally? First Pirates. Work-wise? Agent Sands in Once Upon A Time In Mexico is pretty good, but that's just him basically playing a pretty-boy American douchebag, so

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Rango

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The 21 Jump Street movie

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

I remember the movie theater made a collective "eugh" noise when Colin Ferrell, who was doing a great job, got replaces by Johnny Depp who was done up almost the the point of parody.

I genuinely don't get why they made him look so loving ridiculous for the role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Knowing Depp he probably insisted on as many silly accoutrements as he could get.

• Locked thread