Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I didn't have "both kids fall off the roof" in my betting pool... :laffo:

We'll see if they are being rushed to the hospital tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I reckon Lauren might survive but ‘go away’ for a bit as the actress was clearly pregnant earlier in the year. New top brass wants to cut the dead wood apparently and Abi is the definition of dead wood.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Apparently they have both been sacked so are properly leaving. But I feel like Lauren will survive and go to Glasgow and never be seen again.

Billy Mitchell is going to be busy.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Even if the Brannings leave the Square completely, Lauren still has a Beale baby so they have an easy way to bring her back if they need it.

:rip: Abi.

e: BRING BACK JANE NOW.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't been watching 2018 and now I'm like four months behind on the current show so I can never catch up

in 2007 Phil's lawyer girlfriend is manipulating Ben and engaged to Phil now

and it looks like Minty is about to gently caress Gary's mom

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ian and Phil and Billy went on a camping trip with their kids and are going to resolve their differences and get along

Phil burned up the tents and crashed the car on the way back. What a cliffhanger

I knew the crash was gonna happen because I got spoiled by youtube clips

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Meanwhile, in 2018, Phil just saw his daughter losing her virginity on CCTV and headed out the door with a baseball bat, looking very red in the face.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
sounds exciting

I stopped watching the current eps about 6 months ago because it was boring

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

SEX BURRITO posted:

Meanwhile, in 2018, Phil just saw his daughter losing her virginity on CCTV and headed out the door with a baseball bat, looking very red in the face.

Losing her virginity to the son of his arch enemy Steve Owen who set it up to ensure it was on CCTV that Phil would see and pulling knowing faces at the camera throughout, no less.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
August 1996. like 3 shows in a row have ended with Ian crying about his wife leaving him

I thought he didn't care about anything except his business

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cindy paid someone to kill Ian for only 1500 pounds

the 90s truly were a better time

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Ein cooler Typ, I share in your pain and have been checking in on the decade old PBS reruns whenever my Sunday nights allow me (Finally in HD! Or 16:9 at the very least.) It is super frustrating because my local station's programming guide just says "Share in the latest episode of BBC's premiere dramatic series" for every single episode so I have no idea where the hell I am in regards to time unless there's some holiday occurring in the background. It also means searching for any character or plot to figure out where I am results in me finding out literally everything that has happened in the ensuing decade (i.e., I wanted to know "Why is Phil's terrible son pissing his pants" and just Googling "Ben Mitchell Eastenders" laid bare to me all the details of his coming out and murdering and that he had apparently just left the show, again.)

corr that Mad May is a fit bird

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I just spoiled myself reading Phil Mitchell's wikipedia page because I found out what happens with Stella's storyline

The episodes that aired last week on PBS here (in North Carolina, I think a lot of states don't even run it anymore) were from 18/19 May 2007 http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/soaps/eastenders/eastenders-34698.html

I found that link on the NC Eastenders fan club page on facebook; they haven't updated with the synopses from last night

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

The episodes that aired last week on PBS here (in North Carolina, I think a lot of states don't even run it anymore) were from 18/19 May 2007 http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/soaps/eastenders/eastenders-34698.html

I found that link on the NC Eastenders fan club page on facebook; they haven't updated with the synopses from last night

:hfive: UNC-TV: Learning for a Lifetime

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
not a trashy soap; if it's British that makes it classy

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I just spoiled myself reading Phil Mitchell's wikipedia page because I found out what happens with Stella's storyline

Ooh that’s a good one. Second only to Phil Mitchell becoming a crack addict.

Have you seen Ben get into street slang yet?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
People kept posting that Phil smoking crack was coming up "soon" but wiki told me it's in 2010 so it's still three years away. sounds exciting though

Ben isn't doing street slang yet

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Phil hid a bunch of small bottles of vodka under the mechanism of the dishwasher

We can learn some good lifehacks from him

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dr. May kidnapped Dawn and handcuffed her to the bed and wants to do a c-section on her

I suspect she's mentally ill

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Dr. May kidnapped Dawn and handcuffed her to the bed and wants to do a c-section on her

I suspect she's mentally ill

We finally got the Big Story and it lasted all of one episode.

I have a lot of problems with the whole Rob/Dawn/May arc...most of which boils down to Rob being a barmy geezer possessing sex appeal of biscuit with two shits inside, who shouldn't be able to pull either of these birds from very different ends of the class spectrum.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dirty Den RIP in peace

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-44494734

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Eastenders is being repeated from the beginning in the UK: http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a859769/eastenders-uktv-drama-airing-classic-episodes-from-august/

Since I can no longer leave my house without being stabbed, I’m glad we’ll have 30 years of EE episodes to watch while the country becomes a war zone.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The origin story of EastEnders is coming back to telly this summer.

UKTV has shared some big news for soap fans by confirming to Digital Spy that the Albert Square soap will re-air from the beginning on the Drama channel throughout August.

sounds like they're just showing 1985 episodes for a limited time only not re-airing all 30 years?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
looks like May is going to jail

and Rob isn't because on TV you won't go to jail if the victim says "I'm not pressing charges"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Stacey broke up with Brad and he reacted by wearing a BSG shirt so ugly he doesn't deserve to get laid, ever

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
hey lots of cool guys go to those BSG conventions like IT managers

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Ein cooler Typ posted:

The origin story of EastEnders is coming back to telly this summer.

UKTV has shared some big news for soap fans by confirming to Digital Spy that the Albert Square soap will re-air from the beginning on the Drama channel throughout August.

sounds like they're just showing 1985 episodes for a limited time only not re-airing all 30 years?

That’s a shame. I’d torrent them all but that seems a big effort.

Aww, I had forgotten about poor Bradley. In 2018, not much is going on except some stabbings.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Stella's parents are crazy too

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ian discovered Jane's real first name

Jane kept it hidden because it is a boy's name and the kids at school teased her for it

that name is Leslie

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't watched the current year episodes for over a year but I might tune in now to see this

https://www.walfordnews.com/2018/07/rubys-back.html

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Cor I don't give a poo poo about Branning family drama (and knowing what the most recent Christmas storyline was...I've got a lot of it to look forward to. With PBS is airing half as many episodes per week as the BBC; We'll get to Max [rightfully] threatening to throw himself off the Queen Vic sometime around...2039.)

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Look forward to the wonderful day when the Connor family's tanker of black hair dye finally runs out and they all switch to a variety of flattering shades of brown.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
will Dot ever die

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5979737/EastEnders-June-Brown-91-looks-frail-lights-cigarette-London.html

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
looks like Ben is about to spill the beans on crazy Stella

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
The 1986 episodes are now on TV in the UK and are unrelentingly grim. Even by EE standards. Since most of London has been heavily gentrified now, I forgot how crappy many areas used to be. Plus it’s back when massive numbers of people were unemployed.

I’m jealous you get to watch the Stella episodes. She was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
well Stella's dead

there were some heavy thunderstorms tonight near the TV station during the broadcast and everyone was complaining about technical difficulties

• Locked thread