Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Pauline just died in 2006 on Christmas

I've known this was coming for a long time because I spoilered myself wikipediaing the actress (PBS also shows Are You Being Served)

they really did ruin her character near the end

You know she died as an after-effect of getting smacked on the head with a frying pan?

It was the same frying pan she smacked Arthur on the head with back in 1993.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Ein cooler Typ posted:

yeah I saw the episode where Joe admitted he killed her with the frying pan

I never saw the one where she hit Arthur with it

Here's the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyaeQe8DJVw

Poor Arfur :(

I love the way that within the show almost everything is played completely seriously and is usually very bleak, but once you step outside the show universe, it's frequently very funny - like how Ian's wives keep trying to kill him and the glorious period when Phil was a crackhead.

Having Pauline be killed 30 years later by the same frying pan is peak Eastenders comedy.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I don't think I've ever laughed at intentional comedy more than I laughed at Crackhead Phil Mitchell.

I told a good few people that the climax of that story arc was that Phil started the fire in the Vic, Peggy's wig went up like a torch after it caught a stray spark and she ran to her death across the square like Denethor.

That would have been great.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Look forward to the wonderful day when the Connor family's tanker of black hair dye finally runs out and they all switch to a variety of flattering shades of brown.

• Locked thread