Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i am in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
good to see tobbs already getting caught

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
btw i'm the merchant

day 1 the items for sale will be weapons

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Moatillata posted:

I would like to fill out a customer satisfaction survey after my purchase pls have these prepared tia

i promise these will be available as soon as the shop is open for bsns

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

How much are they?

i get to find out when you guys do!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

King Burgundy posted:

When are you going to sell something I want?

that depends what do you want?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

King Burgundy posted:

I dunno, what do you have that isn't weapons? Armor? Shields? Potions?

i can sell items, armor, weapons, and provide inn service

i may only do one at a time, however

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
tobbs i'm sorry i could not be here to push you before you scum slipped

btw i don't hate you

also like i said i'm offering WEAPONS day 1

i will take input as to what i offer day 2

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
A

also i cannot control who i sell to, i can only control what i'm selling

i can also upgrade the shop and what i can sell, but it will require shutting down the shop

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Moatillata posted:

3p? What's the wincon?

literally make a bunch of money and then i disappear forever and the game continues

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
oh good the choice i voted for got everyone more money

i will be able to stock more expensive stuff if we make more good choices

also, like i said i can also provide inn services, which seems super helpful if people start taking damage as badly as they did last game(i still seethe over my wife self-destructing and killing me last time)

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
this feels too easy but as someone who respects you tobbs, i will help end your suffering

##vote tobbs

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
tobbs i'll unvote u if you stop bein such a bitch and try to play

also i guess now we have magic when i open the shop for weapons so go hog wild you wizardly weirdos

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
C

also i can only check the game every few hours or so, so good job tobbs

##unvote

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
super busy with Thanksgiving poo poo, but I plan to either upgrade the shop tonight, or provide Inn services.

judging from all the claimed hits, I think Inn might be more prudent.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
busy day

when i wake up tomorrow i will try and put together a case on anyone with more than one vote on them

also it's my birthday tomorrow

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
merchant here, sorry I've been out of contact, had a couple of cases but they've all been discussed to death while I was busy with my birthday celebration

tomorrow the shop will be converted to an inn, so get your items today

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
C

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I don't see a real compelling case on anyone right now, and as someone put it, alienating my customers is a bad idea and I don't wanna get targeted as an out third party.

Still, I don't like Kashuno's play this game so far, it has been too sparse for a town in such an engaged game. Maybe he's a third party, maybe he's scum, not town.

##vote kashuno

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
C

sorry I've been lurking as much as I have, life caught up to me again

inf do you really believe in the role you're ascribing to me, or are you just grasping? if it's the former you've lost your edge or you're scum, if it's the latter, I fully understand your reasoning and will try to be more present in this game.

shop will be Items tomorrow

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
ugh today has been a day

regarding my wincon: i'm not even sure i'll make it to my wincon anymore, judging by the mistake i made by picking inn, and how quickly the rebellion is being quashed

i have something like 7000 gil to go and i don't think the game will go on long enough

i guess i gotta start actually working with town, and also posting more because yeyow, on notice

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
for what it's worth, i still think kash is scum but inf is dumb

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
to clarify, i am 3p Self-Aligned

would two self-aligned be considered two different alignments?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh

I am a beloved princess the worst loving role anyone has ever considered putting in a game.

this feels fake as gently caress

you just happen to be a role that would gently caress over town if you died

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i have not received Gil, but I usually get my Gil totals at the end of the day

however im now suss on inf

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i'm pretty sure i'm going to vote kash unless i see some cash in my inventory soon

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Absurd Revolver posted:

i'm pretty sure i'm going to vote kash unless i see some cash in my inventory soon

never mind there it is, 500 big ones

not that this clears him, i'm clearly not town, but thanks for bringing me closer to my own wincon

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
yeah i know i've been kind of bad with keeping up on posting, but it's hard to get into a town mindset and scumhunt when:

1. doing so could get me targeted and i have no support

2. hunting scum doesn't aid my wincon

it's a very weird role

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
kash did you ever flavor claim, or just beloved princess?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

He said he is Nelly, daughter of Josef.

i really don't get why cpig would assign nelly beloved princess, and so far roles have been pretty fitting flavor wise

kash, is there any flavor explanation why nelly's death would halt the rebellion?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
also i've changed my mind, i'll be closing the shop tomorrow, and reopening the next day

reason: i don't believe the shop will make me enough money to win unless i upgrade to better items for you to buy, especially at how quickly the game is progressing

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Infinitum posted:

So you're purposely hobbling town? The gently caress man?

i do not win with town, or scum, i win by making money, and town is dying too quickly for that to be possible

if i upgrade, town will have access to better items that may allow them to turn the tide

if i do not upgrade, and town dies in a day or so, i have lost

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

Honestly, I'm not sure how you would ever win in the first place if you need 7k more Gil.

I mean town should only have 650 and scum should only have 500. That should only equal 6700 Gil left in the entire game.

We'll need more story events that give Gil.

to be accurate, with kash's 500, i still need 6,180 gil to win

i don't think cpig anticipated the town bloodbath to this degree

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
##vote Kashuno

i wont be here for the rest of the night

good luck town, i need your money

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

chaoslord posted:

Page 43, AR claimed a wincon which seems pretty hard to achieve if it's not outright impossible.

Kash then claimed beloved princess. I don't believe that at all.

Somber claimed to be a gunsmith at the bottom of the page which is an interesting role. I guess with a vig it would make bif a miller to somber's traditional cop. A thinker.

stop trying to depress me further

again, i doubt cpig expected things to move so quickly with so many kills, and that there would be more events to spread the gil love around

likely, if i had had upgraded earlier i'd have a better chance, but hindsight is 20/20

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

chaoslord posted:

Page 44 is where Kash reveals he doesn't have HP/MP. That's cool.

Bif says there isn't a Kain in FF2. I found a link that says "Kain's father Richard harkens to Ricard from Final Fantasy II, where Kain states in the 3D remake that his father died fighting an evil empire. Additionally, in Final Fantasy II, Ricard adopts a young boy after his father was killed by Palamecia's attack; beginning with the Dawn of Souls remake, this boy is named Kain." So I guess it comes down to "Is CPig using the remake?" But also that seems like a fairly minor character. But maybe there aren't enough majors to go around? :iiam:

Tobbs brings up someone mentioning a redirector and Bif asks him who did that. Dont remember seeing anyone bringing up a redirector either but I easily could have missed it too.

the claim that they are kain is a little odd

as part of my role(likely because it is self-aligned), i was given a fakeclaim of a bulletproof blacksmith named Tobul, who is in fact a character in the original, was mentioned in an event, and seems more significant than someone who was a nameless NPC in the original

i did not use said fakeclaim because there's no reason to, telling the truth i run the shop and disappear when you pay me money turned out to be a lot safer

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

TMMadman posted:

##vote Kashuno

:redhammer:

IllegallySober posted:

gently caress it, I will, gotta make sure this happens ##vote Kashuno

:redhammer:

Bifauxnen posted:

No worries.

##vote Kashuno

the fabled triple hammer

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
we are closed today while we pillage the bodies of the bombed up dead for cooler and more expensive items

make sure you spend plenty of money tomorrow!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
yeah don't forget the inn effect

probably saved some lives there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
C

• Locked thread