Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't really like playing 2 games at once anymore, but ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Confirming in dis game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Tmm scum thanks god bless

Wrong!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've never had five guys in my life.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think we should ignore everything else and just ##vote Kash

Even though I was scum last game, he cruelly murdered me for no good reason!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

I don't suppose there's a jester in this game, right?

Tobbs seems like he's trying a little too hard to be lynched.

This feels like a scumpinion.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

If Tobbs is scum and gave him Gil to town, he'd say who since it would add suspicion to them. So he gave it to a scum friend.

I still find it super suspicious that he asked how we would know his character is even in the game, after claiming it, and seems to completely avoid talking about that at all. When he responded to my post about it, he didn't mention it all, it was like he was responding to something else. When I challenged him on that, he didn't respond.

I'm still going to vote him today.

So if Tobbs was town, do you think he'd say if he gave his Gil to someone?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

No clue. Since if he's town, he's not behaving rationally.

For myself, as town if I gave my gil away before dying, I'd share who it went to unless I was in a masonry or something to share that info in, so that town has access to that info before I go and it is lost forever. But I can see the counter argument.

But if you're town and you name the person, then you're putting a target on their back. We don't know if scum can steal money or get it from the people they killed.

It seems like you're putting Tobbs in an impossible spot (more than he already did himself) by saying "If he's scum and gave away Gil to town, he'd name his target to add suspicion to them. However, he wouldn't name the person if he gave Gil to scum. And also, if he was town, he'd name his target so that town could have the information."

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

You are treating this like I'm using this in someway to want to vote Tobbs. I'm not. This has nothing to do with my opinion of him as scum.

I've said multiple times what that opinion is based on. He is not responding to it. Honestly, I'm not even sure if anyone else has brought it up at all, it's weird. What are your thoughts on it?

I admit it's weird, but Tobbs is weird, so who knows.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think this particular instance the choices go in order of best to worst, so my opinion is A>B>C>D

A) Lying should be easy here.
B) Running would give us away, but we'd probably make it
C) Telling the truth probably isn't a good idea
D) Even if we do kill the soldier, it would give the Empire notice that something may be starting.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Your reasoning for D, wouldn't B also do the same thing? Except not only do they know something is going on, but they have seen our faces.

I'm fine with A though. If that's where the anti running consensus, is, I'll vote there.

Yeah, but running wouldn't get us hurt and the soldier might just think we're scared kids.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
A

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Potatoes really are better than turnips.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Would you say it's leagues better?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

First off, in a game where flavor definitely matters, claiming flavor that closely matches an evil NPC is a good enough reason to lynch d1, much better than 99% of d1 cases. Secondly, the fact that you immediately back-pedal within two minutes screams of being a fake post. It comes across that you realized that flavor mattered and immediately tried to give yourself an out. Thirdly, this attitude you've taken is just being a dick to cpig, inf, and everyone playing this game. If you made a huge mistake here (which you did, btw) then either spend your time remaining casing someone (what town would do) or whine about it more (which scum would do)

hth

This is bullshit.

First of all, who is he supposed to case? Almost everyone seems to be set on lynching Tobbs for a perceived slip, so nobody is really making serious arguments against other people.

Second, even if Tobbs was able to make a decent case against someone, nobody would look at it seriously because of everyone already thinks Tobbs is scum.

This whole post seriously reeks of scum Kash.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

No one will look at it seriously d1 perhaps, but if he was actually town why not try and drive discussion that will be useful in the future? Besides, it's not like there haven't been "sure things" d1 that have managed to live for days and days in the past. He's not dead yet, he should stop telling people to kick rocks and actively participate. I think his whole "I'm gonna ask for a modkill" thing was some serious bs.

Because nobody really looks at old cases from flipped players. The last game I played with Tobbs, he got lynched on D1 while telling everyone to look at Max when he flipped. I believed him during D1 and argued for people to lynch Max over Tobbs then was killed by Max on N1. Max didn't get lynched on D2.

I'll just flat out say that I'm not voting Tobbs today. The whole thing stinks.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

First, when people falsely accuse me of things it normally gives me plenty of fodder to pursue them as scum.

He should be able to give us his thoughts about who are the people that are being false about wanting to vote him.

Second, we would look at it more seriously after his flip if he flipped town.

How exactly is he supposed to determine which people are being false when most of the voting is 'lol scum slip'?

The only real person who is accusing him is Inf. The rest of the people are pretty much pile on votes.

And I've already shown how people will often ignore the pleas of a townie who is getting lynched. Sometimes people look, but most of the time they don't.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Who do you want to vote today?

My Kash vote started as a joke, but after his recent posts I'm happy to leave it there.

Slightly suspicious of you as well.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Hey now at least I'm making statements based on how he is acting

Which is why I'm happy to leave my vote on you.

It seems like you want extra justification because you know he'll flip town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Nope, I'm not scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Cool. Elaborate on your suspicion of me and what it stems from.

Mostly gut. Don't like some of your posts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

What are the posts you don't like?

The stuff about how Tobbs must have given his Gil to scum because he didn't name the player.

Your recent posts as well. There's not a lot of legitimate casing or arguing going on because a lot of people are just waiting for story events before voting Tobbs.

Since there's just over a day left before the deadline, I'll go ahead and say that I received 300 Gil shortly after Tobbs posted this:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lol may as well throw down my protest vote.

##vote Infinitum

He only pulls this poo poo when he's scum. I gave all my Gil away so feel free to turbo. Town outnumber scum so hooooopefully it went to town.

Gl hf guys.

And then within 5 minutes of CPig stating the story reward, I received another 50 Gil. So I think it's likely that Tobbs actually is town. It's possible that he's scum and had a scum buddy send me the 50 extra Gil, but that seems like a stretch.

First of all, they couldn't know if I'd admit that I got the Gil. Nor could they know if I'd argue for Tobbs to be saved. So it seems like an awfully expensive way to attempt to save a scum buddy. Plus it's not like I'm exactly known for being persuasive enough to stop a vote.

I kept quiet for a while because I wanted to see how people would respond to Tobbs. Plus I feel like admitting I got the Gil would put a target on my back. But at this point, I don't really care about it.

I'm not going to vote for him as I think he's likely to be town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
He's either lying or just being sarcastic.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

that said, ##unvote I think TMM is honest here and slasher is either lying/being an idiot

You weren't even voting him.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Do you receive notification of who sent you the gold?

No. Why do you think I said it's possible that Tobbs could be scum?

If the PM had explicitly said Tobbs sent me Gil then I'd have no reason to add that part.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But as I said, it came within 5 minutes of CPig stating the story reward in the thread.

So if Tobbs is scum, then he either got Gil from a scum buddy after presumably sending me the 300 Gil. Or he had a scum buddy who was active in the scum doc to sent me 50 Gil as a cover.

Either way it still seems like a stretch because they couldn't know if I would admit to getting the Gil in the first place.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Since TMM outed himself, yeah, I gave him 350 Gil. I had a strong meta read that he was town (I lied about using an RNG).

If you want your Gil back, just say the word. As soon as I got it, I decided that I was just holding it for you.

And I should say that if I hadn't gotten the 50 Gil almost immediately after CPig posted the story reward, I probably wouldn't have come forward. If it had come an hour after the post, I might be thinking it took a while for a scum buddy to check the scum doc.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Are you sure?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yep! I read my role PM and everything, and I am rebellion aligned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYk2nA-Suzs

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

On second thought, could I possibly have 80 Gil back on the off chance I don't get lynched? (assuming you didn't give it away)

Then I could buy a spear and stab a bitch.

PM sent to CPig. I made it a cool 100.

Thank you for using the First Bank of TMMadman. Please consider us for all your banking needs.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Gracias mi amigo!

I would have ungracefully karate chopped someone but stabbing seems more effective.

I'm still the only one with a reasonable amount of votes so I'm the likely dunk, but who knows what will happen. Best to be prepared.

No problem. Like I said, I consider it just holding your money. At least until one of us dies.

And if people end up voting for you at this point, they are either scum or stupid.

I just really hope you're not scum who is playing me. But like I said, the fact that I got 50 Gil within 5 minutes of CPig posting the reward makes me much more comfortable in thinking you are really town. Especially since you couldn't be sure if I would speak up.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I fell like TMM is over the top here in shouting Tobbs' innocence

Feel free to think whatever you want. I believe Tobbs is innocent at this point and I'm going to flog the thread about if necessary.

I still think you're scum because you felt like you needed additional reasons to vote Tobbs instead of just going with the easy and available 'scum slip' reason.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I would say B or D are the obvious choices.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

C I think would be a secretly good option where he laughs it off and gives us money

Way to lock in your vote before talking about it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I can see the arguments for C.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

yeah :boom: smd anyone thinking it was weird I chose C immediately

If it goes poorly, I'm holding you personally responsible.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll bid 200

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I guess ##unvote

Maybe Kash really isn't scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

I think TMM is one of the towniest which is why I didn't like you outbidding him either :v:

Guess this could make sense for you but I was thinking of how this could boost up a fighter to actually use cure when they would suck at it before, so long as that was the only spell they planned to ever use

Something nobody ever says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Somber.

List how much gold you have.
What purchases you made.

Then we might have you trade the gold back and forth with someone, who all agree upon, to confirm the amount (And will become a vote target if they don't return it immediately afterwards)

The First Bank of TMMadman is available for all your banking needs.

• Locked thread