Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sigh. Already in a game, but can't miss this.

Will read main post later tonight, but count me in for whatever this is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Don't expect my normal level of posting in this game. I hit 700 posts in my last game and I have stuff to do. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

Papa burgundy no

I'm sure at some point someone will be wrong on the internet and I won't be able to help myself, but hopefully not till deeper in the game. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Hello I am confirmed town.

Me too, I am also this, uh, conformed frown thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

Hey, can you use two lie detectors immediately and catch two scum right off the bat like you did in that last game we were in together? That would make things much easier. Thanks.

That would be glorious, but I imagine Pig was so burned by it that he won't be including that role.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hi, I'm a dude in this game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

My guy kinda looks like an Arab. Which is extra rad.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm going to do my best to learn nothing about FF2.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Absurd Revolver posted:

btw i'm the merchant

day 1 the items for sale will be weapons

When are you going to sell something I want?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Absurd Revolver posted:

that depends what do you want?

I dunno, what do you have that isn't weapons? Armor? Shields? Potions?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Absurd Revolver posted:

i can sell items, armor, weapons, and provide inn service

i may only do one at a time, however

Items and Armor both sound good.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lol turbo me but let me give TMM my Gil first he's probs town.

This seems like a crazy read based on what he's posted so far.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Not gonna happen bro, cuz that's a one way street to gettin' their rear end lynched after you dumbarses flip me lol

Why is he a character you'd expect to be in the game?

Whaaaaaaat?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs, the part where you ask why we think the character you claimed would even be in the game seems like a pretty big slip.

I really didn't think the mantis thing was a slip, but this is now looking like an easy D1 to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Infinitum seems to think I'm going to get counterclaimed, which is highly unlikely because only scum would claim my character.

And bifauxnen or whatever is saying scum get playable characters as fake claims so that doesn't help me.

What's my defense? Last night my dude looked like a bug? When I opened my role PM he had a bat on his head? Slam dunk scum case I guess.

Just remember, when I flip as Ricard Highwind Infinitum was the one searching through scum characters to try and pin one on me, ignoring that a minute after I actually checked my role PM I described my character, not the one he tried to fit me to.

As if I'd, in a fit of whimsy, describe a genuine scum avatar to the thread for giggles because that's a good idea. Fucker is mostly gold and white anyways lol

Anywho, you are all legitimately stupid and my flip will vindicate me.

Peace.

None of that seems like a response to my post.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If Tobbs is scum and gave him Gil to town, he'd say who since it would add suspicion to them. So he gave it to a scum friend.

I still find it super suspicious that he asked how we would know his character is even in the game, after claiming it, and seems to completely avoid talking about that at all. When he responded to my post about it, he didn't mention it all, it was like he was responding to something else. When I challenged him on that, he didn't respond.

I'm still going to vote him today.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Nope, not a jester. I've fullclaimed, I just have no interest playing a game where Infinitum's argument is good enough, and my counter (the truth) is so easily dismissible that my lynch is pre-ordained.

You can play your stupid game by yourselves lol

Not saying CPig is stupid, it looks like it would have been fun :)

I have another reason for voting you that you refuse to talk about. And I even said Inf's argument wasn't good enough for me in that post. But you keep pretending that that didn't happen. If you aren't scum, you are certainly not reading the thread.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh, it's not just an Auspol thing to always worry about jesters on D1? Huh.

I really don't know why people bring it up all the time. It's never important. Jesters don't matter.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

So if Tobbs was town, do you think he'd say if he gave his Gil to someone?

No clue. Since if he's town, he's not behaving rationally.

For myself, as town if I gave my gil away before dying, I'd share who it went to unless I was in a masonry or something to share that info in, so that town has access to that info before I go and it is lost forever. But I can see the counter argument.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

But if you're town and you name the person, then you're putting a target on their back. We don't know if scum can steal money or get it from the people they killed.

It seems like you're putting Tobbs in an impossible spot (more than he already did himself) by saying "If he's scum and gave away Gil to town, he'd name his target to add suspicion to them. However, he wouldn't name the person if he gave Gil to scum. And also, if he was town, he'd name his target so that town could have the information."

You are treating this like I'm using this in someway to want to vote Tobbs. I'm not. This has nothing to do with my opinion of him as scum.

I've said multiple times what that opinion is based on. He is not responding to it. Honestly, I'm not even sure if anyone else has brought it up at all, it's weird. What are your thoughts on it?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My guess is C is bad, as is D. I think A or B in the beginning (escaping notice/suspicion) in an early rebellion is good.

A and D seem like the best options to me.

B seems really bad, how would we be escaping notice by running away from a guard? I'll agree that C seems unlikely to be good.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

I'm thinking B might be the goer

Not everyone might have a weapon yet.
Telling the truth is lol suicide "Yeah hi we're from that rebellion you're trying to stop!"

rofl. Running away is the same as telling the truth in terms of admitting guilt. Now the guard knows what we look like and can tell everyone to keep an eye out for us if we get away. At least D is facing that head on by eliminating the evidence.

A or D.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This was my response KB. Infinitum kept telling someone to counterclaim me. Imagine my post was made in a mocking tone.

"Why, do you think Ricard Highwind would be a character in this game?"

Nobody can counterclaim me on my flavor, because it's how I'll flip. And if all the scum have major FF2 characters as fake claims then I guess town probably doesn't have any of the playable characters as their own flavor.

I don't get it.

Like, I don't even get you jokingly saying that after claiming it. Does this make sense to other people?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I think this particular instance the choices go in order of best to worst, so my opinion is A>B>C>D

A) Lying should be easy here.
B) Running would give us away, but we'd probably make it
C) Telling the truth probably isn't a good idea
D) Even if we do kill the soldier, it would give the Empire notice that something may be starting.

Your reasoning for D, wouldn't B also do the same thing? Except not only do they know something is going on, but they have seen our faces.

I'm fine with A though. If that's where the anti running consensus, is, I'll vote there.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

A

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

that was s scummy appeoach t the dilemma

How so? Elaborate.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

good job.

hawke picking the most obvious scum choice seems pretty dang bad.

I personally think B and C were the scum choices.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

This is bullshit.

First of all, who is he supposed to case? Almost everyone seems to be set on lynching Tobbs for a perceived slip, so nobody is really making serious arguments against other people.

Second, even if Tobbs was able to make a decent case against someone, nobody would look at it seriously because of everyone already thinks Tobbs is scum.

This whole post seriously reeks of scum Kash.

First, when people falsely accuse me of things it normally gives me plenty of fodder to pursue them as scum.

He should be able to give us his thoughts about who are the people that are being false about wanting to vote him.

Second, we would look at it more seriously after his flip if he flipped town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Because nobody really looks at old cases from flipped players. The last game I played with Tobbs, he got lynched on D1 while telling everyone to look at Max when he flipped. I believed him during D1 and argued for people to lynch Max over Tobbs then was killed by Max on N1. Max didn't get lynched on D2.

I'll just flat out say that I'm not voting Tobbs today. The whole thing stinks.

Who do you want to vote today?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

How exactly is he supposed to determine which people are being false when most of the voting is 'lol scum slip'?

The only real person who is accusing him is Inf. The rest of the people are pretty much pile on votes.

And I've already shown how people will often ignore the pleas of a townie who is getting lynched. Sometimes people look, but most of the time they don't.

There is plenty of content to anaylze. He would determine it the same way you always determine it in mafia. How would this be different?

My vote isn't a pile on. This is a false examination of the content in the thread.

Are you scum this game TMM?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

My Kash vote started as a joke, but after his recent posts I'm happy to leave it there.

Slightly suspicious of you as well.

Cool. Elaborate on your suspicion of me and what it stems from.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Trying to rush the turbo before more events is a little scummy though

Speaking of that, like Moat said we didn't get any inside info on events as scum last game.

Yup, we were in the dark.

I suppose it's possible Cpig changed things up, but I doubt it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Mostly gut. Don't like some of your posts.

What are the posts you don't like?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Huh.

That's actually really interesting.

That makes me not want to vote him.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Has Tobbs claimed a power? Or just that he spears things?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

TMM had reason to question Infinitum's case because I sent him my Gil.

I know I'm town and scum know I'm town, but to everyone else Slasher must look odd here. He's either:

A. Defending a scumbro if you think I'm scum or
B: Making a point of not voting me so he can get town cred if you think I'm town

It's a bit suspicious.

Yeah, I can see this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

lmao tmm and Tobbs are both scum and they're playing you all

That would be really bold. I don't think it's likely.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

this is a stickup posted:

drat I didn't even remember posting here last night

This is me, somewhat tongue-in-cheek but with a note of seriousness saying, you've been getting drunk and mafia'ing with some frequency lately and blackout drunk is kinda scary. Check yourself? :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote Slasher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

Tobbs Gnawed (4): Infinitum, IllegallySober, Infinitum, Somberbrero, chaoslord, Absurd Revolver, Infinitum, chaoslord
SLASHER HAWKE (3): this is a stickup, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Tobbs Gnawed, King Burgundy
Infinitum (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, AnonymousNarcotics
this is a stickup (1): Kashuno
The Lord of Hats (1): SLASHER HAWKE
Kashuno (1): TMMadman
Bifauxnen (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
Mithross (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
King Burgundy (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
TMMadman (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE

Not Voting (6): Bifauxnen, CCKeane, chaoslord, Mithross, Moatillata, The Lord of Hats

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 22nd, 2016 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 9 hours, 23 minutes.

• Locked thread