Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Also, if I can pre-sign for all of the rest of these, please do. I thought there was a list at the end of the last thread :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Starting this tonight would be great. If it starts tomorrow, I'll be offline most of the evening and will catch up ASAP.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

This time I want to be whatever the most evil character is.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

Me too, I am also this, uh, conformed frown thing.

Hey, can you use two lie detectors immediately and catch two scum right off the bat like you did in that last game we were in together? That would make things much easier. Thanks.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Moatillata posted:

Ima pizza aligned

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Waterknight :11tea:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

This N0 stuff would suck a lot less if I had a N0 action. Just saying.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

Aha, so you admit you have an action!

I never said that at all. Just that I didn't have a N0 action.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

Right, you don't have no action, ERGO YOU HAVE AN ACTION.

YOU'VE BEEN LOGICED MOTHER hosed.

:aaaaa:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I probably should know more about FF2 than I do. Maybe I'll start a play through this weekend so I know what the hell is going on.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

:lol:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Come on, you N0 people, do your poo poo so we can get a game going.

(Fully expect to be killed N0 now since I've been complaining about this.)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Absurd Revolver posted:

that depends what do you want?

I want 4 Elixirs, please.

For these items I am prepared to offer you the princely sum of 17 Gil.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

THE MULTIPLE DIAPERS IS A NICE TOUXH

:gonk:

Also, I won't be around the rest of the evening, so if you get started without me, have fun!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

I just thought it was weird when you said this:

If scum dont get any fakeclaims that's pretty awful. There might be only so many playable characters, but there's also important NPC's and poo poo.

Also why would only scum claim your character? Ricard's page says he's aligned with the rebellion and a playable character.

There were fake claims in CPig's FF1 game so I imagine there would be here too.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I like the atmosphere, bags and bags of potatoes, everything happening out in the open, no surprises or people even having a chance to poop in your food.

Get a bacon cheeseburger, grease tastes good because it's horribly unhealthy. It's like Julia Childs drenching everything in butter, you do it for a reason.

Five Guys makes good burgers but I'm not a fan of their fries at all. And it's :homebrew: to eat there all the time.

Anyway, would vote Tobbs but waiting to see if we are getting random encounters like the FF1 game.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I gave all my Gil away

Really? Why did you do this?

Who did you give it to?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Infinitum posted:

Man this seems like lovely play from Tobbs even if he is town, just sub out if you didn't want to counter-argue the scumslip.

Giving your gold out N0 with 0 info to go on.. yeah.

This was what I was getting at. If you're truly town, don't play against your win condition by giving away your stuff to whoever and "hope" they're town. That's just dumb.

##vote Tobbs

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Infinitum posted:

Don't turbo. Wait until end of the day until we have everyone buying their weapons, all the random encounters out of the way and any N0 actions that people want to claim done.

And then lynch him :colbert:

It's not a turbo but I also don't see a reason to love my vote at this point. If he gets to -2 or something mid-day I'll unvote, though.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I don't suppose there's a jester in this game, right?

Tobbs seems like he's trying a little too hard to be lynched.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

TMMadman posted:

This feels like a scumpinion.

Why? That's where my vote is, I'm clearly not trying to move the vote. I'm just thinking out loud.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

I really don't know why people bring it up all the time. It's never important. Jesters don't matter.

Wasn't trying to start a huge discussion about it, sorry. I don't think I've ever been in a game with one, actually. I haven't played much recently so if it comes up all the time in other games, I wasn't aware. My bad :(

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CapitalistPig posted:

Once you have chosen you may not unvote or vote for another letter so it may behoove you to talk about options before choosing.

Highlighting this as this is different than last game and I don't want it to get overlooked (note: I fully support this as this is way easier for CPig to track)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I don't like C at all. A seems like an option that if it doesn't work, leads to D anyway. Not sure who directly attacking this early in the game is going to work out for us.

I'm leaning towards B, or maybe A depending on how convincing we think we are, but am open to opinions.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CPig, if two options end up with the same amount of votes, how will the tie be broken? Whichever got their votes first? Or coin flip?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

Full disclosure, I don't know much about FF2, so this may be barking up the wrong tree, but isn't Richard Highwind a major playable character? If so, doesn't arguing the bolded point mean either you are the only town with a major playable character somehow or that you are scum?

I completely disagree with your point and am willing to bet there is a good mix and match between who is a fake claim and who is actually a town flavor, but I just don't know how you, as a claiming town with a major playable character as your flavor, could put that argument forward.

This is a good argument.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Moatillata posted:

Also let it be told that moat

keeps it 100

http://i.imgur.com/9ZJCY3i.jpg

Jalapenos, tomatoes, lettuce, BBQ sauce, hotsauce, bacon cheeseburger with those Cajun fries

Hot sauce, jalapeņo and Cajun? RIP your colon.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I was okay with A or B, so let's go with Option A.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

"Pass." agreed the internet, unanimously.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I tried to catch up on the posts from this morning but frankly it's been such a stressful day at work I can't even focus on them, as much as I want to. I'll check in again later tonight. Sorry, not trying to disappear :(

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

##vote infinitum

What's the logic behind your vote?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm a little surprised we've only had one story encounter this game day. In FF1 I thought we usually had two or three.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

The Lord of Hats posted:

Hello yes I am here, I can do violence at monsters.

Welcome! Are you scum?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Remember, these events result in:

1. Rebellion receiving Gil
2. Imperials receiving Gil

If we give him Gil...what do you think happens?

How do you figure we are giving him Gil? We are just looking at buying him a drink, right?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, just making sure I'm following the line of thinking.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Fighting him outright seems like a good way to fight everyone else. That's out.

Groveling could work, but doesn't seem to offer much upside to us.

I was initially in favor of buying him a drink, but since that option is sorely outnumbered...

Option C it is.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

TMMadman posted:

No, I've cooled on you as well.

I'm not sure what to make of Somber or Inf right now. I'm curious about slasher too, although I wonder if it's just an easy push.

I feel ok with most of the other people who are talking the most.

I am slightly worried about IS and AR. I think IS has interacted with the thread after I made my claim about Tobbs, but he's still leaving his vote there. I know AR is often busy with kid stuff, but he also uses a lot of excuses when he's scum.

I'm actually just trying to catch up right now on my ten-minute break from work. The general idea I got was that because Tobbs sent the 50 Gil right after we all got it from the first event, that means he's cleared as town?

Works for me for now. ##unvote

I'm off work in 2 1/2 hours and get home in around 3 from now so I think that still leaves me enough time before deadline to get back, right? Will do my best.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

TMMadman posted:

I mean it doesn't completely clear Tobbs, but the scum team would have to really be on the ball to cover for him. I think it's more than enough to prevent him from being the D1 lynch.

Got it. Seems like the trend right now is towards Slasher so I'll go re-read his stuff as soon as I get home.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to ##vote IllegallySober

His post history is very, very weak but shows engagement, largely with regards to events, not having a night zero action, and five guys hamburgers. Particularly, he brings up the possibility of Tobbs being a Jester, which seems pretty loving weird, unless you are confident that Tobbs isn't scum.

Look, I don't know what more I can say regarding being in and out of the thread then I've already said. I knew it would be a lovely couple of days at work (my boss is gone and I'm responsible for doing a whole bunch of stuff I've never been trained to do) and so I've been poking my head in the thread when I can and skimming to get an idea of what the discussion is. I didn't want to miss the story events so I made sure I voted for a choice each time even if I wasn't able to dedicate enough time for a full thought-out case on it.

I was more active at the beginning of the thread specifically because I wasn't working and knew once Monday came I likely wouldn't have a lot of time.

I'm on my way home now and will be re-reading the thread as soon as I get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Oh, and re: the jester thing, I explained my thought process there too and I don't think I was the only one who's mentioned that as a possibility.

• Locked thread