Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
there's nothing in there that wasn't obvious at the time tbh, though it probably would not look that way from an observer pov. if anything the advantage tobbs gave me was allowing me to act through afk chores, without that I was toast. and probably toast if chores didn't come back exactly when he did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
tbqh any mod worth their salt (imo) will let scum submit actions for absent members, that's a no-brainer. But I'm pretty strict with myself about not letting the mod influence the game, so it's a tad offputting to see strategychat from tobbs in the doc. :shrug:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Yeah, I can understand that, but I trust tobbs enough to not give me info that would have made a real difference, that wasn't obvious, or that I could even use at all

some of the mechanics stuff I actually separately asked in PM, which is how I knew about some things that probably seem like coaching in the doc. an important example would be the order of operations, especially wrt jailer blocks jailer stuff that we talked about in the scum doc.

quote:

this is a stickup wrote on Nov 30, 2016 06:46:
I'm sure you'll check the doc before dline but I thought I'd clarify this first just in case.
mod order of operations are very much open to interpretation which is why the whole timestamp lie might work

if dralex jailed chores and I jailed dralex, regardless of time, I succeed and he fails as the actions fire at the same time, correct?
or is your order different? personally in standard games I modded or comodded, we preferred a blocks -> actions -> kills order due to time zone advantages
...but if somehow today miraculously ends in a no lynch, this will matter

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i wouldve submitted actions but i was glad you did it for me, stickers

i really was busy with other stuff until monday afternoon and the fact there was no functional votefinder made the game basically impossible for me to follow

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
all good buddy, figured you were still busy with holiday stuff or on 56k

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

this is a stickup posted:

i literally gave you a hint because I thought tpink sticking out instead of saying gently caress this town and self hammering was really worth praise but no one caught it

it's in the wiki link. alex and I were jailing each other, a mutual block

Ugh drat, I would have read the wiki if I were on my computer but I was in transit and reading on my phone so I got lazy. Don't know if I would have picked up on the mutual block but maybe.

Not mad at this game though. Scum came back against really bad odds, so well done.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
WOW I literally died and everyone had a brainfart and couldn't choose one person to kill.

smh I'm starting to think I'm not as bad as I thought in these games.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
let me brag that I knew that stickup was the kidnapper tho :^)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

let me brag that I knew that stickup was the kidnapper tho :^)

you definitely need to read the scumdoc, I think you'll get a kick of out it. well played though!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

biggest problem with his theory is, it doesn't make sense that I would repeat a bunch of things I said in the thread to him privately and reveal my identity

that reminds me, this is exactly what I did to give tm hints because I was depressed and thought chores wasn't coming back. this game was going on at the same time as harvest where I also lost the entire scum team until one replaced out :lol:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

you definitely need to read the scumdoc, I think you'll get a kick of out it. well played though!

read through day 3 but the colors were loving my eyes a bit. I can't believe chores basically afk'd and won.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

read through day 3 but the colors were loving my eyes a bit. I can't believe chores basically afk'd and won.

also read the yellow jail doc if you didn't, there are no strange colors. I went easy on you :v:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
welp

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
holy poo poo we won

ty stickup + chores

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
and ty errbody else, for a fun game, of mafia

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

everyone should read the scum and jail docs. i was v. mean to dick and felt bad all game. sorry buddy

You did what you had to do fishing for roles, luckily I didn't legit know who was what and you got my claim. I was a little suspicious but ultimately bought who you claimed to be, very slick. I just felt like an idiot when I logged the next day to my corpse because I really let my guard down.

I seriously felt bad after doing that to dick though lol, killed him n1 in harvest to :smith:

Next time I'm in a game with you and I'm town, I'm just going to hide under a rock lol.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Podima posted:

Not sure how I feel about the mod coaching in the scumdoc. :/ Fun game to read though!

Yeah, multiple people PM'd me with concerns WRT running an open setup where every player has a power role and no role is duplicated.

I'm very much used to it (and the strategy absolutely is to think about who you're counterclaiming well in advance.

Since it's impossible to give scum fakeclaims in the setup, I tried to talk them through that strategy, and it still ended up with most of the scum team (and unfortunately all 3P) getting pegged as non-town or outright lynched.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Oh you mean Mass claiming kind of broke your game? :allears:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

Oh you mean Mass claiming kind of broke your game? :allears:

Scum was supposed to fake claim but even after I told them to, they didn't lol

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012