Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Spatulater bro! posted:

My gift arrived! Thank you to my secret Santa. It's perfect!

My wife threw the packaging out before I got home, so if there was something that identified who my Santa is, I apologize. So... who was it?

It was me! I said "I was told not probating you can't be a present, which I think is bull, so here you go. Look out for another present in the mail some time soon!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

GonSmithe posted:

It was me! I said "I was told not probating you can't be a present, which I think is bull, so here you go. Look out for another present in the mail some time soon!"

Sweeeet.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Present is in the mail for my Santee, it should be there by next Tuesday. If not I'll reach out and coordinate with you for you to get it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My first box of gifts will arrive friday or saturday! I have to get a box out in the next day or two for your final gift.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I will order my Santees stuff soon but for now I'm trying to not just get them a few movies i really like that I want to force on people and try to make it a little more interesting than that (though you will likely get a few movies I really like that I want to force on people)

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

My package has been shipped and my santee should receive it early next week.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Amazon just notified me my gifts have been delivered. I hope you enjoy! Legit nervous since it's my first time sending random gifts to internet people.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

axleblaze sent a parcel of awesome my way! THANKS!

Did I match up the notes with the right movies?

I already had Green Room and The Forbidden Room on my watch list, but they're going to the top now. I remember Cop Car getting a lot of good praise here, too. An Oversimplifcation of Her Beauty is completely off my radar, so I'll enjoy discovering.

:perfect:

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
poo poo I gotta step up my game.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Just confirmed purchase of my Santee's gift. Should arrive Monday.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Um, no idea who sent me this, but I laughed and just had a flood of nostalgic memories explode in my head. I used to have this! And I played with it all the drat time! So gently caress yeah I say! Great gift.

I won't open it, only because the packaging is awesome as hell too.

Edit: checked the back and I actually had about 90% of these toys. Aside from the colored aliens.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

CelticPredator posted:

Um, no idea who sent me this, but I laughed and just had a flood of nostalgic memories explode in my head. I used to have this! And I played with it all the drat time! So gently caress yeah I say! Great gift.

I won't open it, only because the packaging is awesome as hell too.

Edit: checked the back and I actually had about 90% of these toys. Aside from the colored aliens.

Those mission disk programs used to be up for download on the toy company's website but now they're defunct and I can't find 'em anywhere.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Egbert Souse posted:

axleblaze sent a parcel of awesome my way! THANKS!

Did I match up the notes with the right movies?

I already had Green Room and The Forbidden Room on my watch list, but they're going to the top now. I remember Cop Car getting a lot of good praise here, too. An Oversimplifcation of Her Beauty is completely off my radar, so I'll enjoy discovering.

:perfect:

Glad you liked it and hopefully you'll enjoy all those movies. I think the rest you already know of but Oversimplification on paper is like the most pretentious film but I found it to be absurdly charming, honest and funny despite that. Here's the trailer (don't watch it if you want to go in blind to just how weird it is but it doesn't give away too much).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COpJwAeuWHo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh, also I got some stuff today and it's all cool but I'll post about it tomorrow.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Both my santees should have their gifts as of today. Check your mail!

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Aww yeah got a package with carnival of souls, My Lunches With Orson, some chocolates and a tiny bear gundam

I'll post pictures after work but this is sweet, thanks robot!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
JUST GOT THE COOLEST loving PACKAGE EVER

SERIOUSLY, CANDLES AND poo poo FROM SALEM (MECCA) AND A NICE HAND WRITTEN NOTE TOO (I already own the Grimorium Verum but now I feel inspired to do some workings out of it).

This package really made my day. Thank you so much.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Glad you like it! Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that you've already got the Grimorium Verum- perhaps give it to someone you know that needs protection from firearms, or donate it to a library to make some wayward teens more cool. I'm sorry that the copy of Harakiri is blu only; on Amazon it was listed as a dual-format, and I didn't realize until I was at the post office that it actually wasn't. Do make an effort to watch it if you're able, it's possibly the best samurai movie of all time.

Stefan: Have you ever seen Carnival? If not don't sleep baby, it rules. Also share some funny anecdotes from that book when you get around to it.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I'm definitely just gonna go buy a Blu-ray player next week when I get paid. I used to own a PS3 but that got pawned a long time ago and it's kinda embarrassing that it's 2016 and I love movies but don't have a Blu-ray player to watch them on.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Bro I ain't even got a DVD player these days. It's hard living.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

glam rock hamhock posted:

Oh, also I got some stuff today and it's all cool but I'll post about it tomorrow.

Wait, you're axleblaze? I was wondering where you'd gone!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

therattle posted:

Wait, you're axleblaze? I was wondering where you'd gone!

Yeah, I got my name changed because GBS was offering. It probably didn't help that I changed my avatar soon after and while it still has the usual "congratulations you're addicted to" caption, it is now in german.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I watched The Forbidden Room last night. It's like a long, crazy lucid dream.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

Glad you got your stuff and liked it! I dropped another package in the mail and you should receive it either friday or monday.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I had a package when I got home!

:iia:

My santa didn't write who they were, but let it be known I will NOT be sending it back like you said I could if I didn't like it because just from a cursory flip-through this thing is incredible. Thank you so much!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

My Santee should've gotten their package in the mailbox and I am irrationally nervous they didn't get it because the last time I sent something to a stranger via Amazon it took them at least a day extra to get it by having to go to their post office, so I hope you got it.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Hostile V posted:

My Santee should've gotten their package in the mailbox and I am irrationally nervous they didn't get it because the last time I sent something to a stranger via Amazon it took them at least a day extra to get it by having to go to their post office, so I hope you got it.

I was gonna maybe take a photo but I was too frightened! IT IS A SPOOKY CHRISTMAS!

Anyway yeah! Hostile V got me Onibaba on Criterion DVD, a movie I have been meaning to watch for some time now but have not, even though I think I had it out from the library once! As a fan of Jigoku and House and the like, this was an excellent pick!

Also included was a download code for freaky horror game Anatomy... or at least part of a code that may have been cut off because the URL is gigantic and Amazon's gift note box is not! Anyway, I think I recall hearing about this game in this very forum, and indeed it is in my browser history as something I have clicked on. I hope to play it soon if we can get the code thing sorted out through email.

gently caress I got too many movies to watch! AUGH! Thanks Hostile V!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

I'll get it to you by tomorrow or so, I asked axleblaze for it because I hate putting email addresses out in the open.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I got these sweet babies from Egbert Souse. Thanks! As you realised, it's an area of cinema of which I am woefully ignorant, and these look fantastic. I won't have an opportunity to watch them for a while as the tide of BAFTA screeners has just come in and I need to get through as many of these before voting deadline as possible, but I am looking forward to them a lot.

I only just ordered gifts for my Santee. He was hard to buy for and I hope that he hasn't already read the book I got.

therattle fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 13, 2016

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Sunrise owns.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

therattle posted:

I got these sweet babies from Egbert Souse. Thanks! As you realised, it's an area of cinema of which I am woefully ignorant, and these look fantastic. I won't have an opportunity to watch them for a while as the tide of BAFTA screeners has just come in and I need to get through as many of these before voting deadline as possible, but I am looking forward to them a lot.

I only just ordered gifts for my Santee. He was hard to buy for and I hope that he hasn't already read the book I got.

drat. Nice one Egbert.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

GonSmithe posted:

I had a package when I got home!

:iia:

My santa didn't write who they were, but let it be known I will NOT be sending it back like you said I could if I didn't like it because just from a cursory flip-through this thing is incredible. Thank you so much!

So very very glad. I saw mine sitting on my coffee table and went "Every Prometheus fan must own this."

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

therattle posted:

You're welcome! Pretty much everything from Masters of Cinema is great, but these are two American silents that are among the best ever made.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Thanks to Spatulater Bro for this lovely gift! A selection of herbal teas- I was just running out at work- a bag of Lindt truffles (pro choice, I loving love these things and they probably won't last the weekend), a copy of Ocarina of Time for 3DS (this will be nice to replay, haven't done so in years) and a big book of criticism and a comprehensive filmography of zombie cinema. Nice choices!

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Anonymous Robot posted:

Thanks to Spatulater Bro for this lovely gift! A selection of herbal teas- I was just running out at work- a bag of Lindt truffles (pro choice, I loving love these things and they probably won't last the weekend), a copy of Ocarina of Time for 3DS (this will be nice to replay, haven't done so in years) and a big book of criticism and a comprehensive filmography of zombie cinema. Nice choices!

You're welcome! That book is awesome. I have an older edition and really enjoyed it.

Oh, and I bought a second bag of those truffles for myself and ate the entire bag in one night :(

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

So very very glad. I saw mine sitting on my coffee table and went "Every Prometheus fan must own this."

Had a feeling it was you, and after reading about half of it last night, I have to agree with you. It's loving awesome.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Right? The amount of work put into that film is immense. I love the creepy baby Fifeld thing.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Just shipped my gifts. They should arrive sometime before the heat death of the universe but probably after the fall of civilization.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I keep putting off posting pics so here they are. I assume these are from Machete Zombie

Good choices (though I'll be honest I don't care much for A Boy and his Dog) but knowing what you know about me there is nothing here that isn't in my wheelhouse

These are from lil momma i believe

I have actually seen none of these (I tried Henry once but was not in the right mood) and have been curious about all of them so well picked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lemme know what you think about Snow On Tha Bluff.

• Locked thread