Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Cool I signed up!

I'm open to watching almost any movie with a soft spot for horror, scifi, comicbook/superhero movies. Not a huge fan of comedies tbh. Into books about movies as well, and I don't own very many.

OP has my wishlist which is mainly blu rays from amazon, but don't feel compelled to get something off that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

Doing this. New job means I can burn a little money on a special someone here. :)

I'd like to try stuff outside my safe zone. I'm always behind on world film, but I like stuff that's weird and unconventional. I put my Blu-Ray.com list in the email if that helps any.

I didn't realize Blu-Ray.com had a list making feature. Is there any way to copy over an amazon wishlist and criterion wishlist to it or will I have to manually make a new list?

Also, OP i forgot to include my criterion wishlist in my email I can send you it if ya want me to.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

Question for thread: What are some of your favorite genres, some of your least favorite genres and what are some genres that you've always wanted to get into but have never been able to?

Fav Genres: Horror, Scifi (as if my posts didn't make it clear haha), Found Footage (although I don't own any), and Westerns

Least Fav: Straight Comedies, I like dark comedies and off beat comedies (I'd put Swiss Army Man, Lobster in these categories) but most "normal" comedies lose me quickly.

Genres Interested In: French films, films earlier than the 1960s especially Silent Era films, and east Asia films (outside of martial arts films).

Hibernator posted:

To all, who are some of your favorite directors? Whose stuff would you like to see more of?

I'd like to see more films by non-Kurosawa Japanese directors. I have only seen Tokyo Drifter by Seijun Suzuki and loved it. Some more Suzuki would be cool.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Really, though, some of the best kinds of gifts are the things that you could never expect, things you didn't know you wanted until you got them. Trinkets and curiosities I didn't know existed until someone else shows them to me. The things I might see in a shop and cherish but not be able to justify buying myself, strange and delightful things.

I also like this.

Send it if you want. Gmail usually groups that stuff together anyways so it won't be hard to organize it when it's time to send stuff.

I know as OP I shouldn't be lazy about posting about myself but for now I'm gonna be lazy and post stuff later.

Question for thread: What are some of your favorite genres, some of your least favorite genres and what are some genres that you've always wanted to get into but have never been able to?

Sent ya my criterion list.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My Santa email was great. Put a good goofy grin on my face this morning.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My gift(s) might come in multiple packages

e: wishlist in my inbox my bad

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 6, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My first box of gifts will arrive friday or saturday! I have to get a box out in the next day or two for your final gift.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Amazon just notified me my gifts have been delivered. I hope you enjoy! Legit nervous since it's my first time sending random gifts to internet people.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Oh, also I got some stuff today and it's all cool but I'll post about it tomorrow.

Glad you got your stuff and liked it! I dropped another package in the mail and you should receive it either friday or monday.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I keep putting off posting pics so here they are. I assume these are from Machete Zombie

Good choices (though I'll be honest I don't care much for A Boy and his Dog) but knowing what you know about me there is nothing here that isn't in my wheelhouse

Glad you liked most of the movies. A Boy and His Dog is a movie I push on people a lot and that's why you got a copy.

Also you should receive another gift today or tomorrow.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thank you Secret Santa!

E: took out pic. Thanks for Kwaidan! Plan to watch it on Monday.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 17, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Took longer than I would have liked, but my Santee's packages have shipped. The stuff should arrive in two batches, one on this friday and the other on saturday.

Thank you!

going to chow down on chocolates and Japanese cinema later this week.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Glam rock, did you get the other package I sent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot to post about that. It arrived on like Friday (don't know why it was so delayed). The book looks real cool though so thanks!

Awesome! I was worried it got lost.

• Locked thread