Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Doing this. New job means I can burn a little money on a special someone here. :)

I'd like to try stuff outside my safe zone. I'm always behind on world film, but I like stuff that's weird and unconventional. I put my Blu-Ray.com list in the email if that helps any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

I didn't realize Blu-Ray.com had a list making feature. Is there any way to copy over an amazon wishlist and criterion wishlist to it or will I have to manually make a new list?

Also, OP i forgot to include my criterion wishlist in my email I can send you it if ya want me to.

It lets you put in your collection and wishlist. Not just Blu-Ray - you can put DVDs on there, but their DVD database is quite incomplete.

You can't import, but adding stuff is easy. If you have the iPhone app, you just scan the bar code.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Ho ho ho, now I have a Santee

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

axleblaze sent a parcel of awesome my way! THANKS!

Did I match up the notes with the right movies?

I already had Green Room and The Forbidden Room on my watch list, but they're going to the top now. I remember Cop Car getting a lot of good praise here, too. An Oversimplifcation of Her Beauty is completely off my radar, so I'll enjoy discovering.

:perfect:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I watched The Forbidden Room last night. It's like a long, crazy lucid dream.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

therattle posted:

I got these sweet babies from Egbert Souse. Thanks! As you realised, it's an area of cinema of which I am woefully ignorant, and these look fantastic. I won't have an opportunity to watch them for a while as the tide of BAFTA screeners has just come in and I need to get through as many of these before voting deadline as possible, but I am looking forward to them a lot.

I only just ordered gifts for my Santee. He was hard to buy for and I hope that he hasn't already read the book I got.

You're welcome! Pretty much everything from Masters of Cinema is great, but these are two American silents that are among the best ever made.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

This arrived from Amazon today, I'm not sure if it's from Spatulater Bro or my other santa, but it looks quite interesting!

I was hoping to get some local goodies for you (I'm in Georgia), but didn't have time with travelling for work.

It's a fascinating read, putting German cinema from the 30s and 40s in context against the rise of Nazism. You have another gift on the way that should be there soon.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Just got something from Iceland and it's two Icelandic films: Rokk i Reykjavik and A koldum klaka. These look awesome and I love the note inside (even better that you scratched out "SATAN" and put "SANTA" in its place).

Freudian Slippers?

Also, a quick look on Google Translate confirms both have English subtitles. One has a sticker saying it includes them, the other one lists "Enska" under subtitles, which seems to mean English.

Thanks a million!

(Also, Anonymous Robot - did you get your second package yet?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

Egbert, this must be from you, yes? Looks interesting- it's the work that Eyes Wide Shut (a film I've slept on) was based on. I'm always down for some absurdism, and am actually currently writing a story with a similar conceit, so I hope I find some time to read this shortly!

Yes! Took some digging to find that translation. Read Dream Story, then watch Eyes Wide Shut again.

• Locked thread