Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Soral posted:

also did they at any point make the connection that the pokepelago guy is lillie's dad. what was up with that

is this true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

lol, looks like it is.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

you learn on Aether foundation that Lillie and Gladion's dad is called Mohn. The Poképelago guy is called Mohn and he has a similar hairstyle as them.

Soral
May 30, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

is this true.

i'm an honest person. i don't tell lies.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

It owned, and I love that she does that and then attacks you with ordinary Pokemon. The best part is that now, for all future games, the Pokemon world is one with an alternate dimension full of awesome monsters that humans can apparently merge with.

i thought the fight was really awesome, all her pokes getting totem auras was a cool touch too. it was also a much harder fight than anything in the E4.

the music for fighting either of lusamine's forms was some final fantasy poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnaVTcUDQMA&t=98s

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i thought the fight was really awesome, all her pokes getting totem auras was a cool touch too. it was also a much harder fight than anything in the E4.
I didn't have any trouble with Lusamine, but the flying-type E4 member kicked the poo poo out of me. My party was not prepared for flying types, apparently. I just barely made it through.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The E4 being brutal as it was took me by surprise. The gym battles were mostly super easy but now they weren't loving around.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

going through the elite 4 the second time with team bug sucked, half of thm have a straight type advantage nd fighting has a defensive advantage. lso every team gainng 10 levels was a surprise

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the whole endgame is great though, this gen is one of my favorite RPGs ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They made like 90% of the experience excellent but there should have been a better way to get level 100 pokemon trivally as part of the end game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

They made like 90% of the experience excellent but there should have been a better way to get level 100 pokemon trivally as part of the end game.

you really only need lv.50 pokemon, and the endgame is fine for quickly leveling pokes to that. like everyone else tho i didnt want the game to end. give me a big cave full of lv.80 pokes and a gently caress-off boss at the end pls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah but the max level is 100.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
I find it funny that the new pokemon Bounsweet resembles a mangosteen.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Barnes And Body Works posted:

Its a delicious fruit

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

a mangosteen, wearing a... diaper?

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

HORMELCHILI posted:

a mangosteen, wearing a... diaper?

nope! just a mangosteen that's cut in half with the fruit revealed.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

any other imps been desperately searching the Pokemon Center cafes for its juice? haha :D

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
when pokebank

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

any other imps been desperately searching the Pokemon Center cafes for its juice? haha :D

i need my sustenance

Ristolaz posted:

when pokebank

they said it should arrive sometime this january, if not early 2017

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

So I've never really tried to put effort into pokemons but since I could ev train my dudes just by dropping them off in the pelago and breeding is super easy now and this is my favorite entry in the series since I played crystal in middle school I've got a team of poo poo kickers now. First attempt at the battle tree with a french mimikyu, my bewear Brawny, and my vikavolt Gina I got like 14 wins in a row and this is super fun.

Also my mimikyu high fives me in refresh and I wish we were best friends irl. Also bewear is kinda scary the way he just stands there

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

CainsDescendant posted:

So I've never really tried to put effort into pokemons but since I could ev train my dudes just by dropping them off in the pelago and breeding is super easy now and this is my favorite entry in the series since I played crystal in middle school I've got a team of poo poo kickers now. First attempt at the battle tree with a french mimikyu, my bewear Brawny, and my vikavolt Gina I got like 14 wins in a row and this is super fun.

Also my mimikyu high fives me in refresh and I wish we were best friends irl. Also bewear is kinda scary the way he just stands there

mimikyu is spooky!

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Ristolaz posted:

when pokebank

this for real

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Aston posted:

this for real

I miss my loving FRIENDS accelgor, squirtle, breloom etc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want my gen 1 pokes in the beautiful polygonal world of Alola

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

In Training posted:

I want my gen 1 pokes in the beautiful polygonal world of Alola

I hope the Mew is not blocked. And an in-universe explanation for missingNo would be epic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that ivy guy posted:

I hope the Mew is not blocked. And an in-universe explanation for missingNo would be epic.

Me too, I went through the trouble of the doing the glitch in the VC version of red so I could get a mew.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Me too, I went through the trouble of the doing the glitch in the VC version of red so I could get a mew.

Mew'll be sorry >:]

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

cheating is wrong

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

lol same. I even did the glitch in the beginning where u gotta get poisoned and faint right before the last trainer in viridian forest to get a level 100 gengar.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

really mad that they didn't put a mew underneath any of the trucks

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
They put a great ball in a trash can on the SS Anne and have been effectively trolling me into digging through the trash in every Pokémon game for like 20 years becaus of it

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

They put a great ball in a trash can on the SS Anne and have been effectively trolling me into digging through the trash in every Pokémon game for like 20 years becaus of it

Nope! Nothing but trash here.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

that ivy guy posted:

Nope! Nothing but trash here.

turn your monitor on

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Leftovers are in the trash in some of the games. Worth it.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

i beat the game cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Where the gently caress is the PokeBank update.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

January

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

still tryin to complete alola dex before this happens

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

In Training posted:

Not even announcing a release date is extremely stupid. Im thinking its gonna come in February at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:lolplant:

• Locked thread