Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Players

Tabitha Jones the Witch played by SHY NUDIST GRRL
Mackenzie 'Mac' Blaine the Werewolf played by thatbastardken
Sam Parker the Mortal played by Tardzilla
Sera Owens the Ghost Played by Tricky
Sharona Bell the Ghoul Played by Heliotrope
Carmilla Caballero the Vampire Played by Godfish

OOC Thread
String Sheet

pre:
   [Mr Brown]

[Lillian] [Judith] [Charlie] [Caitlyn] [Jackie]
[Raven] [Carmilla] [Tabitha] [Jake] Garth]
[Sam] [Sera] [Nadejda] [Sharona] [Mac]

Scene 1

Another wonderful day in Ditchdale high on a grey and wet autumn day. Seems lately the storms coming in off the lake have been unseasonably cold for the time of year so everyone's bundled up with a few layers of clothing and hot drinks. Except of course for your teacher. Mr Brown squints at the class trying to look alert. It's no secret to his pupils that he's a barely functional alcoholic and keeps half a bottle of Jack in his desk drawer, a bottle of vodka in his supply closet and who the hell knows what in the staff room. Still if he's recovering from another hangover he'll probably be willing to let the class get away with anything short of murder this morning for the sake of a quiet life. Just another wonderful example of the quality of teaching staff Ditchdale attracts right?

Tabitha: "and I can't believe you have your hair like that. Looks like a birds nest, No wait no self respecting bird would nest in something that ugly." Jackie sneers at Judith in front of you. How the hell does Judith put up with that kind of bullying? She must have the patience of a saint. Unfortunately you don't do you? What would you like to do to her to teach her a lesson?

Mackenzie: Caffeine sweet sweet Caffeine. You look like you could use a lot of it. Bad night again? What's been keeping you awake at night lately? Najeda leans over and murmurs "If you want something stronger to keep you awake I'd happily provide. For you I'd even give you a discount." What do you say?

Sam Well at least you're not totally crazy either that or you're so far into crazy town you can't even see the city limits anymore. You're sat next to a ghost. A real live (debatablely) Ghost! An incredibly cute ghost for that matter. Still are you sure it's safe for her to be around you? I mean you did kind of get her killed. She seems not to blame you for it but do you blame yourself? What are you trying to do to make it up for her?

Sera Sam is kind of lost in thought next to you. Still it's not like you don't have a lot to keep you busy do you. What's the latest story you're working on? and who are you dying(sorry) to ask questions too in order to clear it up?

Sharona drat you could really go for a fix right now. If you don't get something soon... Bad things start to happen don't they. What happened the last time you tried to starve yourself? What could you do here do you think could give you a thrill strong enough to keep you going?

Carmilla Your looking remarkably cheerful this morning. What's got you in such a good mood anyway? Still looks like you aren't the only one Caitlyn in front of you is looking really chipper this morning. She leans over to Charlie and says to him "So I was wondering if you'd like to come to my place for thanksgiving my mom always cooks too much so you'd be welcome I'm sure." He looks like a deer caught in a set of headlights. Do you help him out or do you enjoy seeing him suffer?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Game Rules

Please link your character sheet in your first post.

If you find something in the rules that's a little odd or weird let me know and I'll add it to my pile of feedback.

One roll per post please, ask me if you want an exception for some reason.

If you think I'm doing something wrong let me know. Criticism is the only way I'll learn.

Have fun.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile 1, Dark 0
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0+1/5 | Conditions:

God do I need something exciting to happen. It's been too long. Not only have I felt like poo poo for weeks but I don't really need another motorcycle incident. That's kind of what happens you know. I just. Go nuts, I guess. That was when I tried being normal for the longest period of time. Doesn't work. Just makes things worse and worse until I find myself joyriding and wrecking myself and someone's motorcycle. Problem is, there's nothing going on right now. Jackie's being kind of an rear end in a top hat, but I doubt a fight would erupt while Mr. Brown is here. Maybe something else?

I look over at Mackenzie. Nadejda is trying to get her to buy something, but that can wait. I lean over and lay my head on her desk, looking into her eyes. "Hey Mac. What's going on?" She makes me feel something. Maybe she can help me hold off on doing something crazy.

[18:04] <Heliotrope> Turn On Mackenzie
[18:04] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6-1
[18:04] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 7-1 = 6
Marking XP

quote:

Sharona Bell, Ghoul

Look: Thin, hollow eyes

Origin: Resurrected

Stats

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile 2, Dark -1

Moves

The Hunger

You have a Hunger for (circle 1): Thrills.

When you heedlessly pursue a Hunger, add 1 to rolls. When you ignore a promising feeding opportunity, roll to keep your cool.

Satiety

When you satiate a Hunger, choose one:
+ heal one harm;
+ mark experience;
+ take 1 Forward.

Short Rest for the Wicked

When you die, wait it out. A few hours later, you wake up fully healed.

Esprit de Corpse

When you gaze into the abyss, the abyss will share with you its Hunger. Treat that Hunger as your own until you satiate it, and mark experience when you do so.

Sex Move

When you have sex with someone, create a new Hunger.

Darkest Self

Your dull hunger sharpens. You can’t focus on anything else but feeding. And in addition to your peculiar cravings, you recognize something else. That primordial hunger which connects all hungers. Flesh, blood, meat. You escape your Darkest Self once you’ve overindulged, or you’ve been locked out for long enough to regain composure.

Advances

Take another Ghoul move (Esprit de Corpse)

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 27, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions:

No matter how many times I see Sera, I still cant believe she's... not actually alive. She's a ghost. A real, honest to God (attractive) ghost. Either I've finally snapped and gone so far down the deep end that I can't tell what's real anymore, or I'm actually not crazy, and all of this is real. Maybe I've finally gone insane, and this is all a figment of my imagination. I have so many doubts about my own sanity, but then I remember the moment we shared last night. The way she touched me, the way she kissed me, those all felt very real. The feelings I have for her... they wouldn't feel this strong if this was all fake, would it?

God, I can't stop looking at her. She's so... beautiful. Do I even deserve to be with someone like her? I-I was the one who caused her to die. It was my fault. Oh God, this was all my fault. If I never told her about the lake, she wouldn't have- wait, if she never went, then we would never have gotten together. Her dying is what bought her back to me, so maybe- NO! No! I can't think that! That's wrong! Wrong! What is wrong with me!? Sera should never have died! It's my fault! My fault! All I ever do is bring pain to everybody around me! I don't deserve her!

Maybe-maybe I can make this up for her? Y-yes. I'll help her, as much as I can. I-I don't know as much about journalism as she does, but maybe I can still do... something. I should talk to her, let her know I'm willing to help. Mr. Brown doesn't look like he's paying attention, so I take this chance, and scoot my chair a little closer to Sera.

"H-hi." I look at her for a brief second, before I get nervous and duck my head down, and start to blush, "H-how a-are you?" My face starts to redden a little more, "I-I was... I was wondering, you know, i-if you-you n-needed help with, you know, a s-story, or something. I-I want to h-help you, if-if you d-don't mind."

quote:

Hugzilla> Turn on Sera
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 8+2 = 10

Taking a string.
Self/Promise/Embarrassed

quote:

Name: Sam Parker
Look: awkward, nervous eyes
Origin: nobody

Stats:
Hot 2
Cold -1
Volatile -1
Dark 1

Moves:

True Love:
You always have exactly one lover. The first is chosen during your backstory. If you ever fall in love with someone else instead, give them a String and they become your new lover. You always carry 1 forward to earning your lover’s heart or fancy.

Sympathy is My Weapon:
Every time you forgive someone for hurting you, and excuse their base nature, gain a String on them.

Down the Rabbit Hole
When you go poking your nose in affairs not meant for your kind, someone involved in the situation gains a String on you, and you mark experience.

Mess With Me, Mess With Her
When using your lover’s name as a threat, add 2 to your roll to shut someone down or keep your cool. Your lover gains a String on you.

Darkest Self:
Nobody understands you. Nobody even tries to. You hold so much hurt for the people you love, and they walk all over you. Enough is enough. Betray them. Show them what its like to be uncared for. Reveal their monstrosity and yours. Only seeing the pain that you’re causing your lover will let you escape your Darkest Self.

Sex Move:
If someone falls asleep right after having sex with you, they’ll wake up their Darkest Self.

Backstory:
Sera is your lover. Give them three Strings on you. Take one String on them.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 1, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hot -1 | Cold 2 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Brown's Class

There were some things you could always count on in Ditchdale. Crap weather, crap teaching, and weird-rear end mysteries. This latest article I was working on was going to be killer. There had been some sort of new designer drug on the streets. Really wild poo poo, not just your usual dime-bags of ditchweed. It seemed like everyone had a friend who had tried this stuff, LTA, and gotten way hosed up. But the fun doesn't stop there. I was hearing rumors of real heavy users who were starting to experience some... changes. Most were contradictory, but the common thread was that they were supposedly fading away. Going all see-through and poo poo. Now, I'm no stranger to weird happenings. I am, after all, kind of dead. That said, I'm still a journalist. Or, at the very least, taking Journalism. I needed to get to the bottom of this all and get the real story. I needed our friendly class dealer, Nadejda.

There was only one problem. We got on like oil and water. She thought I was a narc and I thought she was an exploitative piece of poo poo. Hm. I'd need an angle.

That's when Sam made her move. She's got this whole girl-next-door vibe. A mix of hesitation and honesty that really works for me. She's just... real, right? It helps me feel alive. And, man, let me tell you. I was feeling a little extra alive. I almost completely forgot about the story, until she brought it back up. She wanted to help? I mean, this could get dangerous. I'd died on one of these trips. I was about to wave her off, call off the whole thing with Nadejda, when I caught sight of those big ol' puppy-dog eyes she was giving me. What kind of monster could say no to those?

Promising what I think Sam wants!

I grinned, "Okay, I promise you can help me with this story. It might get a little dodgy though, so you gotta take care of yourself." I leaned in towards her desk, my voice dropping into a low conspiratorial murmer, "You know Nadejda? I think she's got her hands in with that new drug, LTA. It supposedly does some creepy poo poo if you go hard on it. We're talking people going see-through, allegedly walking through things, just some spooky happenings. I can't really talk to her about those things. We, uh, have had a few disagreements."

I was slowly getting closer and closer as I talked, until I was finally close enough to run a finger up the underside of her chin and guide her eyes towards mine, "Do you think you could ask her about it, Sam?"

quote:

[14:10:39] <Tricky> Turn on Sam
[14:10:41] <Tricky> !r 2d6-1
[14:10:44] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 8-1 =

String or Promise/Self/Embarrassed.

The Ghost posted:

Name: Sera Owens
Look: Distant, Piercing Eyes
Origin: A Confused Death

Stats:
Hot -1
Cold 2
Volatile -1
Dark 1

Moves:

Unresolved Trauma
Whenever something brings to mind your death, you choke up and gain the Condition traumatized if you don’t have it already. Whenever someone helps you resolve this Condition, you both mark experience.

Projected Blame
While you’ve got the Condition traumatized, you may act as though others had the Condition at fault for my death.

Limitless
You can walk through walls and fly.

Darkest Self:
You become invisible. No one can see you, feel you, or hear your voice. You can still affect inanimate objects, but this is your only avenue of communication. You escape your Darkest Self when someone acknowledges your presence, and demonstrates how much they want you around.

Sex Move:
When you have sex with someone, you both get to ask a question of one another. This can be asked in character or player-to-player. They must answer honestly and directly.

Backstory:
+Someone knows that you’re dead and how you died. They gain 2 Strings on you.
+You’ve been inside someone’s bedroom while they were sleeping. Take a String on them.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hot -1 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 2
Harm 0/4 XP 1/5 Conditions:

Ugh. loving. Jackie clearly got something wrong with her. She tries too hard to push us gaggle of freaks away. It kind of works. I don't know what is wrong with her. It's obviously none of us are normal. First of all, way too many of us have an actual fashion sense. And I stick out the most on that front. The cold never bothered me much before and the first thing they teach you in coven is how to resist the elements. It would be a pretty poo poo religion if they expected people to be sky clad for the winter solstice and didn't have a fix. So I got the usual flair on. I wear a coat out side mind you. Don't need to be too suspicious or waste too much energy keeping the cold at bay. Anyway I'd love to find out what it is and just never live it down. I'd settle for hexing her right there and make her piss herself in front of the class, but I don't think shouting in Celtic would play over well when it's suddenly followed by Jackie's bowel control degrading century.

"Whatever, yo shirt looks like a dish rag." I roll my eyes at her and make the jerk off motion.

Yeah it's not a great burn but she's not worth it.

I look over to Carmilla. She'd back me up on this. "Right?" She's really got style. One of these days we're going to show up in the same outfit and get super pissed at each other and it's going to be hilarious. I keep thinking of redying my hair but it would be 2spooky if she picks the same color too.

6 on shut down on Jackie

quote:

Witch

Edgy, smirking eyes, pagan initiate

Hot -1
Cold 1
Volatile -1
Dark 2

Sympathetic Tokens

You gain power from Sympathetic Tokens - items of personal significance taken from others. Sympathetic Tokens count as Strings.

Hex-Casting

You can cast Hexes. Choose two that you know. To cast them, either expend a Sympathetic Token during a secret ritual, or meet the target’s gaze and chant at them in tongues. Then roll with dark. On a 10 up, the Hex works, and can easily be reversed. On a 7-9, it works but choose one:
the casting does you 1 harm;
the Hex has weird side effects; trigger your Darkest Self.

Wither
The target has gross and alarming physical aberations

Watching
Enter a trance and see and feel through your target

Darkest Self

The time for subtlety and patience is over. You’re too powerful to put up with their garbage any longer. You hex anyone who slights you. All of your hexes have unexpected side effects, and are more effective than you are comfortable with. To escape your Darkest Self, you must offer peace to the one you have hurt the most.

Your Backstory

You start the game with two Sympathetic Tokens. Decide whose and what they are.

One of the others caught you rummaging through their friend’s stuff, but kept quiet. They get a String on you.

Advances

Sanctuary
You have a secret place for
practising witchcraft. Add 1 to all
rolls you make within this space.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 12, 2016

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Mac Blaine
Hot +1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +2 | Dark -1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Class

My eyes feel incredibly heavy right now, and the background mumble of conversation in the class is kind of nice and relaxing. The last few nights have been kind of rough, the full moon is still a couple of days away but she's already really getting on my case about being ready for ~something~. No idea what, exactly, just a pressing need to patrol my 'territory' and challenge people who mess with me. In practice that means a lot of wandering around in the dark getting startled by owls and freezing my tits off. I'm pretty sure I was micro-sleeping on my way to school this morning when I drove right past anywhere I could have got a coffee. Guess It's just luck I didn't drive into a tree. Hell, I'd take the bus in if one ran anywhere near my place, but the school district has enough budget problems already. Najeda is trying to sell me some stuff and is probably being nice about the discount but I kinda regard my body as a temple. Maybe like a druid temple where they get hosed up and do animal sacrifice or whatever, but still. I shake my head at her with a polite smile.

"Nah, 's cool. Brown's not going to notice if I put my head down for a bit-"

But my desk is occupied. Sharona's acting a little weird around me lately, and I hear stuff about her being kind of reckless. She might be having some trouble at home or whatever but she's always been good people as far as I'm concerned. My smile turns from polite to genuine (if tired) and my messy hair and sleep-heavy eyes suddenly seem less of a problem.

"Hey, Sharona, I'm tired as hell and you're kinda hogging my pillow there. Watch out or I'll fall asleep on you."

I lean on my right hand and gently boop her nose with one finger on my left.

"Boop."

Joining the Turn On Train

Turn On Sharona: 2d6+1 7

String/Self/Promise/Awkward

The Werewolf posted:

Name: Mackenzie 'Mac' Blaine
Look: Unkempt, wolf eyes
Origin: Favored by the Moon

Hot 1 Cold -1 Volatile 2 Dark -1

Werewolf Moves

Howl at the Moon

When basked in moonlight, you may act as if you had dark 3.

Spirit Armour

When basked in moonlight, any harm that you suffer is reduced by 1, and you add 2 to all rolls to keep your cool.

Darkest Self

You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Your Backstory

You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.

You’ve spent weeks watching someone from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Take 2 Strings on them.

Sex Move:

When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

As Mackenzie gives my nose a boop, I feel my heart actually start speeding up a little. Jesus. Suddenly, I wonder what would happen if I did something like. poo poo I dunno. Asking her out right now. Or something. I start smiling.

"Go ahead." Let's see how she takes this.

Giving self

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1 --- Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - None

I am in an excellent mood today, because I just found out that we're doing a blood drive next week! With so many people giving blood, it should be a lot easier to sneak a bite in without suspicion, and I can probably grab a few blood bags so I can avoid feeding at all and not risk attracting attention while people are still on edge from the Alexa thing... All in all, it's gonna be something to look forward to.

And speaking of looking forward... Yikes, the look on Charlie's face! Poor guy... Not really sure what to do there though... I glance over at Tabitha at her prodding, then at the other situation taking place up here. I'll give Charlie a chance to handle things, for the moment. Judith is getting bullied, again, by Jackie, naturally, she's dreadful. And not popular enough to one of the girls trying to bring me into their group, just the sort who can only make people like them by putting other people down. No shame in bullying a bully. "I don't know, I think it works for her, it really enhances that naturally complete lack of beauty she's got going on." I grin back at Tabitha, she's got a tongue on her, and good fashion sense too, though I wouldn't be caught dead wearing as little as she is...

[22:05:53] <GodFish> shut down Jackie
[22:05:55] <GodFish> !r 2d6+1
[22:05:56] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 7+1 = 8
I'll take 1 forward, she gives me a condition.

And Charlie still looks like he's about to get run over by Caitlyn's sexual four wheeler... Yeah, I should probably help him out here. I lean towards the two of them, trying to figure out what I can say to get him out of this without just attracting negative attention my way. It's... tricky. Ah, think I've got something. Acting like I hadn't heard her opening salvo, I tap Charlie on the shoulder. "Hey Charlie, is your big sister coming back from college for thanksgiving? It's been weird not seeing her around the last few months." His older sister is nice, she was one of the older mentors at church groups so I sort of knew her back when she was here, and she got a swimming scholarship at U Madison. Sports are about the only way someone from Ditchdale ever gets a scholarship, because education sure isn't going to get them anywhere.

The Vampire posted:

Name
Carmilla Caballero
Look
aloof
Eyes
hungry eyes
Origin
cursed blood

Your Backstory
You’re beautiful. Gain a String on everyone.

Someone once saved your unlife.
They gain 2 Strings on you.

Stats
Hot 2 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1

Vampire Moves
Invited
You cannot enter a home without being invited. Whenever someone invites you, gain a String on them.

Cold as Ice
When you shut someone down and roll a 7 or higher, you may choose an extra option from the list.

Marked for the Hunt
Feeding on someone establishes a preternatural bond. From that point forward, whenever you gaze into the abyss concerning their whereabouts or well-being, roll as if you had dark 3.

Darkest Self
Everyone is your pawn, your plaything. You hurt them and make them vulnerable, for sport, like a cat does with a mouse. Maybe you’ll even drain them dry, though you’ll certainly take your time first. You escape your Darkest Self when you’re put in your rightful place, by someone more powerful than you.

Sex Move
When you deny someone sexually, gain a String on them.
When you have sex with someone, lose all Strings on them.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 1, 2016

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I let out a small gasp when she puts her finger on my chin. I take a few moments to stare at her eyes, and her pretty face, and I felt my heart racing. One touch. That's all it took from her to turn me into mush. I nod my head vigorously, like a puppy who's eager to please. I grab her hand with both of mine, and hold on like it is the most precious thing in the world, and look at Sera, my eyes tearing up from happiness, "Yes...! I'll do it. I'll ask her for you."

Promising to do what Sera wants.

I kiss the backside of her hand, and hesitantly let go of it. I whisper back to her, "Let's s-switch seats, so I'm closer to Nadeja. Mr. Brown's not p-paying attention to us, so this'll be a good chance." We quickly switch, and now I'm closer to Nadeja, and I... freeze up as soon as I turn to her. Wait, how do you ask about drugs? Do I have to strike up a conversation first, or do I have to be more blunt about it? Is being blunt a good idea? Do I have to be more subtle? Oh no, I'm panicking again. Calm down, breathe, Sera is depending on me. I can't let her down, not after I promised her I'd help. Yes, just think of Sera.

I clear my throat, straighten my back, and try my best to look confident (and not doing a very good job at it). I lean over to Nadeja, "H-hey. I, uh, h-heard you got a n-new product around. I h-heard it was p-p-pretty wild, is that true? I'd l-love to try s-some, but I wanna hear, you know, a-all about it f-from you, first."

quote:

<Hugzilla> Turn on Nadeja
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 8+2 = 10

Taking a string on her.
Self/Promise/Awkward

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Mac Blaine
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0+1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Class

You know, ordinarily I probably wouldn't use a girl's face as a pillow in class but my judgement is spectacularly impaired just at the moment and she looks real comfy...yeah, what the hell.

"Fair warning, I may drool or snore."

Pushing my chair back to make myself comfortable I lay forward on my crossed arms and rest my cheek on her cool forehead, listening for her breath and pulse. It's so quiet in here now, despite the buzz of the class. I close my eyes and breathe deeply.

Gaze Into The Abyss: 2d6-1 3

and nothing of value was learned. Marking xp.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Brown's Class

Sam was goddamn adorable. It should be criminal. I swapped seats with her and kept an ear out for her conversation with Nadejda. She was doing fine. Really nailing that whole "I want to buy drugs but I don't know how" vibe. Though, more than anything, it was probably accurate. She seemed pretty straight-laced. It was weird. Things were going fine. Great, even. She was helping me with the story, it looked like she had a really solid chance at getting some info, and I was starting to panic. Just a bit. What would I do if Sam got hurt helping me out?

I looked down pensively at Sam's desk. I couldn't really go back on my promise. I couldn't really help her out with Nadejda. What could I do? How could I keep her safe? The room seemed to grow a little dimmer as cloud-like wisps filled my vision. Odd. Hadn't seen that before. From the lack of reaction, it didn't seem anyone else was experiencing it either. It looked like they were trying to spell something. I focused in harder and harder, trying to make it out.

quote:

[08:50:14] <Tricky> Sera gazes into the abyss
[08:50:17] <Tricky> !r 2d6+1
[08:50:18] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 6+1 =

Confusing and alarming visions, but an answer nonetheless.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 1 continued

Tabitha: Jackie sneers at you. "When I want your opinion freak I'll ask for it." Jackie takes a string on you She turns to talk to Carmilla and leaves you and Judith alone. Who takes advantage of the distraction to lean in and whisper to you. "Thanks for standing up for me like you didn't have to. I owe you one." Hmm owes you one huh? Maybe you can get her to help out when it comes to keeping an eye on Sharona somehow. What do you suggest she does?

Carmilla "You wouldn't know fashion if it jumped up and bit you on the rear end. Oh look at me I'm the edgy emo who shops at hot topic woe is me." she adds. " Maybe I'll care about your opinion when you're not a total loser" gain the condition loser before she stomps off to harass someone else. Meanwhile Charlie turns and gives you a grateful look before turning back to Caitlyn "I'd love to come but like uhh Carmilla said I've already got other plans, Maybe next year ok?" he says with a grin. Caitlyn looks like she wants to say something else and then glances at you and back to her boyfriend. Then she stands up from her seat "Excuse me I need to go use the bathroom." as she squeezes past you. Charlie lets out a loud sigh and slumps on his desk. Still mission accomplished I guess. What do you do now?

Sera As you stare down at Sam's desk you notice tendrils of fog seem to creep in to the class. No one else seems to mind but before you can say anything the room is filled with grey fog. You can't see more than the desk that you're sitting at. In the fog though you hear voices. "please just a little more." "I'm flying I'm really flying." "I want to go home. I'm scared." and finally one voice louder than the others "don't let her be taken. Don't let her take it. Don't let her end up like us." and you hear a faint sob that sound just like Sam. You jump with a start as the fog seems to fade and you're back in the classroom. The rest of your classmates continue their arguments or their quiet conversations. What the hell just happened? Still you have to make sure Sam doesn't get in too deep and she'll be fine right?

Sam: Nadeja turns to give you her full attention and stops dead in her tracks for a moment, She looks you up and down as if taking you in for the first time and licks her lips. After an uncomfortable pause that seems to go on a bit too long she smiles "as a matter of fact I do. I've got something that'll put a spring in your step get you firing on all cylinders and make you think you can do anything." She shrugs and leans in to whisper to you. "But let's not discuss it here. meet me in the girls toilets after homeroom. I don't think you can afford what I've got. But maybe I can work out some sort of alternative payment plan with you." She's practically undressing you with her eyes! gulp. Still is it worth the risk to get Sera her story? Or do you want to go back to her empty handed?

she promises you what she thinks you want. Drugs. for freeish

Sharona Hmm, she's so warm as she lays against you. Still she wasn't kidding when she said she's tired. You can see her eyes drooping as she snuggles into you. I mean it's nice and all but it's not what you need. Is it what you want though? Still your little moment of happiness is ruined as Garth turns round and nudges Jake next to him. "Whoa why don't you too just get a room. or let me get my camera and then get a room that would be way cooler." Ugh, someone needs to teach that little smartass a lesson. But is now really the time or place for it?

Mackenzie: She's cold but everything just fades gently away. Except the smell the wonderful heavenly smell of her. Whatever deodorant or perfume she's wearing is incredibly strong to your sensitive nose. And underneath it is another smell. Naggingly familiar from somewhere. Someone without your olfactory ability probably wouldn't even notice at all. But right now you're too tired to care about whatever it is. You just want to catch a few more minutes of sleep. gain the condition exhausted What does the moon whisper to you as you lay there?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

Well, this isn't exactly what I expected. Actually I wasn't sure what to expect. So uh, cool. I think. I'm fine with lying here with Mackenzie for a while. But then Garth ruins it with his stupid comments and suddenly what good mood I had feels like it could be gone. So I just keep my head down but meanwhile I think. There's gotta be a way to get this rear end in a top hat mad enough to start something, right? And that could be very interesting too...

[18:09] <Heliotrope> Gaze Into The Abyss
[18:09] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+1
[18:09] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 5+1 = 6
Includes +1 for pursuing a Hunger
Marking XP

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

"Well we got to look out for another," I whisper back, "Even when we're on the down low. Speaking of, I think someone might be involved with a curse or something." I cough when Sharona gets addressed. And I keep eyeing in her direction. God I hope Judith Lee is catching on. I guess I could spell it out later if I have to. "I need to like, check them or something. But I don't want to get the whole coven involved and freak them out if it's nothing you know." I'm not really being mindful of how I look to anyone else eye balling Sharona. But I figure they're all attending to their own poo poo. "I just need to get close to her where I can work the magic."

Asking Judith to wingman for Tab to get alone time with Sharona

Turn on 2. Tabitha's acting weird does not come off as cute jealousy to Sharona

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Uh... why is she looking at me like that? D-did I say something wrong? She's been staring at me for so long. W-what do I do now? Wait, did s-she lick her lip- oh no.

My body stiffens when she leans over to whisper to me, and sweat starts pouring out of my forehead. Oh God, does she- she can't actually- Oh God she does. She's c-coming on to me. Oh God I feel like I'm going to pass out. Don't panic! Don't panic! Remember, you're doing this for Sera. She's counting on you, and you can't let her down! And it's not like I have to... accept... her offer. I can just have her talk and refuse her a-advances! Yea! "S-sure, y-yea. T-t-t-the girl's... bathroom... We can m-meet there and... talk..."

As soon as Nadeja turns away from me, I turn to Sera. I smile, but the smile comes off strained, and give her a shaky thumbs-up, to let her know I'm making progress for her story. I'm scared, but as long as I'm doing it for her, as long as this makes her happy, this will all be worth it.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 1/5 | Conditions: Exhausted | Location: Class

yours. take it. own it. keep it

That's kind of distracting, moon. Trying to enjoy a moment of peace and quiet here with the soft, nice (if kind of confusing) smelling girl. Going to have to ask what perfume she's using. Garth's commentary is like the buzzing of a big fly and I really just want to ignore him and stay in this happy place for another few minutes.

yours. take it. own it. keep it

Ugh, piss off! I don't know what you mean! Just let me rest for few minutes!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0/5 | Conditions: Traumatized | Location: Brown's Class

The voices reminded Sera of her death, marking Traumatized.

I felt a few tears start to drip down my face. That was weird. Why was I crying? It was just some voices. Some very spooky voices. Telling me horrible things. One of them sounded like mine. Had I been saying things like that when I bled out in the factory? I had made a mistake. I shouldn't have gotten Sam involved. I should have just stalked Nadejda until she slipped up. Sam looked back at me and I tried to smile. She doesn't look happy. I don't look happy. Why am I ruining everything? I should have made up a story or a lead that was safe. Now she's going to end up a ghost like me. Or worse. My mind flashed between horrifying what-if scenes of Sam's death until I bit my lip and forcefully brought myself back to the present.

I dig through my bag and grab a tissue. Daubing away the tears didn't present a solution to the emotions behind them, but it made me feel productive. I sniffed, tried to pull my emotions back together, and lean over to Sam while Nadejda is still distracted, "Don't... don't take it whatever you do." I think for a moment on how to phrase it. "I've got a really bad feeling about this. I don't want you to get hurt like... like me."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Sera...?" I let the smile drop when I saw her crying. Is she- is she worried about me? Oh no, oh no Sera, oh I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I just wanted to help. I just wanted to make you happy, but you don't look happy. You don't look happy at all. This is my fault! I-I shouldn't of said anything! All I did was hurt you! I made you cry! Oh God, I'm so sorry.

I throw myself at her, and give her a tight hug, tears flowing down my eyes. "Please...!" I whisper, in between the sobs, "Please... don't cry. I-I-I-I won't do it. If... if you w-w-w-want me to s-s-s-stop, I'll s--s-s-stop. I'll do a-a-a-anything. Just... please," I hold onto her tighter, "Please... please... don't cry because of me...!"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Oh no. No no no no. Now Sam was crying. And that was making me cry more. It was a vicious cycle of crying and hugging and sobbing. A part of me noted that it was a good thing Brown was extra-hungover today. I buried my face in her neck and just let everything flow out. I'm awful. Sam doesn't deserve to be hurt like this. Especially not by me. Maybe my death was the natural consequence of my curiosity. Maybe it's just a bad goddamn town to dig around in. That was the choice I made. Why was I trying to get Sam involved? I don't want her to die. I didn't want to die. What story was worth losing her? I took a few deep breaths, slowing the flood of tears back down to a trickle. God, I was a wreck.

I held her close, and gave her a sad teary smile, "That's... that's my line. I'm sorry, Sam. I really don't want you to get hurt. You're really important. More important than any dumb scoop or story." I kissed her lightly on the forehead and then wiped away a tear from her cheek. "I'll figure something out. Just... just take care of yourself. I don't know what I'd do without you." The words slipped out, but I knew that they were true. She was the only person in this goddamn town that had noticed I'd died. Noticed I'd came back. Cared.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I felt like my heart skipped a beat. I was... important? Nobody's... nobody's ever told me that before. Not even Misty. I was so used to being ignored, or treated like a freak, that I forgot what it was like to feel like a normal person. Other than one brief moment with Misty, before she forgot about me, I never had anybody who cared about me. I had no friends, and my only family member is barely there. They all act like I don't exist. But Sera? She cares. She actually cares about me. I actually matter to somebody. And Sera- she matters to me. She matters to me more than anything else in this world. That's why... I think I have to do this now. I know I said I'd stop, but I don't think I can anymore. I was responsible for her death, and this will be my way of making amends for turning her like this.

"You're important to me, too," I squeeze her, "...I think... I might have a plan. I think I know how we can get your story and keep me safe." I lift my head, look Sera in the eyes, and whisper, "I'm going to meet Nadeja in the girl's bathroom after homeroom. I think, while I'm there, you can, like, use your powers to sneak in and keep watch over me, like a," My face reddens, and a goofy smile appears on my face, "Like a, you know, a... guardian angel." My entire face gets brighter. Ugh, did I really just say that? That was worse than the time I called her a superhero. "...Sorry. That was a lame thing for me to say."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

While I'm trying to divert attention to Sharona I of course end up with my own attention over there. Garth is trying to give her poo poo. It's reflexive to take a verbal swing at anyone exposing themselves to it. But maybe Sharona will appreciate it like Judith Lee which will be a good start to not getting killed by her, or a good test for her intentions.

"Dude you think that's hot? You must not know the touch of a woman. It looks more like that, dude." I point over to the hug fest Sam and Sera are having. I guess I missed the fight they're hugging out but drat those two must have the best make up sex if they're like this at school.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

That's a good idea. That's a really good idea, actually. If I was there, I could keep her safe. I would keep her safe. The thoughts of my death were still echoing around my skull, but focusing on ways to keep that from happening to Sam was helping keep them in check. If I could stop anything bad from happening, I just knew I could lock that back down.

I wiped my eyes and grinned as well, my smile growing larger as she called me an angel, "You're adorable, Sam. I'll be your guardian angel any day." I squeezed her tight in return. She was warm. So bright. Forget hot drinks, forget fuzzy jackets. All I needed was her smile. I would be her superhero. I would be her guardian angel. And if Nadejda messed with my Sam, there would be hell to pay. I ran my thumb along her cheek, "I'll be keeping a very close eye on things. A very close eye-" I winked. "On you."

I could see Tabitha looking back at us from the front of the class and pointing. Hm, we may be starting to attract attention. I slowly and reluctantly untangled myself from Sam. It didn't really matter if people saw us. I wasn't ashamed of my feelings or of Sam. But Nadejda didn't know about us. I hoped. It'd make things a bit awkward. I shrugged back at Tabitha. That girl must be seriously starved for attention if she needed to dress like that.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1 --- Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Loser

WHOOPS Forgot I had Cold as Ice, so will also give her the condition Ugly.

"Where am I going to find a Hot Topic in this trashheap of a town you dumbass, some of us just have fashion sense." I flip Jackie the bird as she turns away, and shake my head as I do the same. Leaning further towards Charlie as Caitlyn leaves, I drop my voice even lower, to make sure no one else is listening in, and say, "You need to come up with excuses for this stuff ahead of time man. Christmas eve is going to be the next big one." I smile at him as I talk, but my eyes are following Caitlyn out. Now I feel worse for her, she's probably going to cry in the bathroom or something... It's not her fault he's using her as a beard.

I'm considering going after her to talk, but I can't think of what I'd say to help. Nothing really, aside from telling her the truth, and I won't give up Charlie's secret... I sit back in my seat, looking up at the blackboard and thinking about it, until Tabitha next to be draws my attention to Sam, Sera, Mac and Sharona's actions. Good on Sharona for that, but... what are they doing? Everyone is going to think they're gay now! And Tabitha, that isn't helping! Hurriedly, I get up and head over to Sam and Sera, since their display is way more blatant and likely to be targeted, and squat down next to them, positioning myself to block the view of the hug -and the way more obvious signs of affection- from as many other people in the class as possible. "Hey, hey, are you alright Sera?" I reach out and put my arm across her shoulders, patting her back gently. "are you trying to get all the homophobes to target you? What about you Sam, you okay?" I've known both of them in the 'know this person by sight' sense, but neither of them are remotely on my radar, aside from being people I'd like to feed on. Are they a couple? They're certainly acting like it... In the middle of a class full of bigots.

[13:34:41] <GodFish> turn on Sera
[13:34:44] <GodFish> !r 2d6+3
[13:34:45] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 4+3 = 7
Give me a string or pick:
I give myself to you,
I promise something I think you want,
I get embarrassed and act awkward.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 20, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I hurried wiped away the remaining tears on my face. Whoah, uh, this was escalating quickly. Carmilla was here now. And, uh, surprisingly concerned about us. I mean, she was usually just content to sit in class and look aloof. But now that she was here? Looking at me like that? I could only imagine her in her room a few nights back. Pale. Perfect. Very, very little clothing.

My cheeks burned with embarrassment. Hopefully she'd just think it was just from the current situation. I stammered for a few moments, trying to find the words. How could I explain what had just happened? I couldn't very well tell her that I was dead and finding it difficult to deal with that. I couldn't tell her any of it. Hell, I couldn't even tell her how Sam was going to help me with a story without causing more trouble. Did she run with Nadejda? I couldn't remember.

I get embarrassed and act awkward.

I finally pulled myself together the barest bit and mumbled, "It's, uh, an emotional time. Sam's... Sam's helping a lot." I looked at her, brushing my hair back out of my face. Call it ghost physics or something, but it looks drat good every time I do it. What was her angle?

quote:

[13:13:07] <Tricky> Turn on Carmilla too! :getin:
[13:13:10] <Tricky> !r 2d6-1
[13:13:12] <Krysmbot> Tricky, 8-1 =

Tricky fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 20, 2016

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Sera's smile was as warm and as bright as the morning sun's. I never want this moment to end. I want it to last forever. I want to stay here, in her arms, forever. Which was why I was disappointed when she untangled herself from me. Thanks Tabitha for ruining the mood.

And now Carmilla's here. Oh God, was the whole class watching us? I mean, it doesn't matter what they think of me, they all either think I'm either a nut-case or an awkward loser, but Sera, she's not like me. People don't think of her the same way they think of me, and I don't want them to. I need to think of something to say, quick.

"Y-yea, she... was t-telling me a-about... a story she was w-working on, last night. It was... about the d-disappearances. You've heard of them, r-right? P-people going missing? She e-ended up talking to a lot of p-people with missing loved ones, and it's, you know, just, really e-emotionally draining."

I move my arm underneath our desks, away from everybody's sights, and move it close to Sera's, and wrap my pinkie around hers, just so she knows I'm still here for her.

I look at Sera for a moment, before I turn to look at Carmilla, "We'll be fine. You're very sweet for asking," I give Carmilla an awkward little smile, the kind that Sera usually likes, "Thank you!"

quote:

<Hugzilla> Turn on Carmilla
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 7+2 = 9
Give me a string or pick:
self/promise/awkward

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 20, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: 1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1 --- Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Loser

Well, I couldn't say if they're a couple yet, but they're both definitely into each other, from the looks and that under the table hand hold they've got going, which I can see from here, but I'm luckily blocking from most of the class. They are not good at hiding this, how have they not been getting harassed yet? Well, I'll do what I can to help, they're both so cu- helpless. It's the right thing to do. Sam came up with a pretty good excuse too. "I've heard a little I think, you should- actually, now's not a good time. I think we can play it off, good story. Yeah, that's pretty heavy stuff. You look like you're doing better, lets get you cleaned up, okay Sera? [sub]Sam, staying here should help keep it quiet, yeah?" I squeeze her shoulder reassuringly, and look over at Mr. Brown. "I'm going to take Sera to the bathroom for a minute to help her clean up, okay Mr. Brown? She had a bad moment, but she's better now."

Promising Sam and Sera what I think they want, making it look like they aren't hot on each other.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scene 1 continued

Tabitha: Judith watches as you glance from Sera and Sam to Sharona. "Oh I get it you're jealous that they can show their affection in public. Where you have to keep yours under wraps. Relax your secrets safe with me. There's nothing wrong with having a crush on a girl. Or is that the curse you're talking about?" What you're not interested in her for that are you? Still what do you suggest she can help you with to distract her (and you) from that line of thought?

Carmilla Mr Brown stares at you blearily and slurs out "Sure whatever just don't miss your next class over it." before collapsing again on the desk. Was that a snore? Either way looks like you've got permission to get out of there. Are you really going to take Sera to the bathroom or was that just an excuse to pull her to one side? Why are you on such a crusade about bullies anyway. Do you fancy yourself some sort of superhero using your vampire powers to fight crime annoying teenagers? Or is it just that you really do find them cute?

Sera Don't think of her nude, don''t think of her nude. Dammit. Still she did help you out of a sticky situation there. And nobody seems any the wiser going back to their own little spats. Looks like your secrets safe for now. Still did you see the slight flinch when you talked about the killings? She knows something. Maybe something important. Of course you'll need to figure out a way to get her to talk preferably somewhere private right? What do you do?

Sam: How mean. Can you believe Tabitha doing that to you. She very nearly got you and Sera into some serious trouble. I mean just imagine what people would be saying about you if Carmilla hadn't intervened. You'll have to be careful for a little bit till people find someone new to gossip about. Assuming you don't want them to gossip about you of course. Still this is the second time Tabitha has done something to upset you isn't it? What are you going to do to get back at her?

Sharona She's so warm and cosy here. It's distracting you from your thoughts it'd just be easy to just stay like this forever. Of course reality gets in the way. It takes a moment for you to hear it through the distorted crackling of the old speaker system. "Sharona Bell to the principals office. Sharona Bell to the principals office. Thank you." Oh why now? Just when things were about to get interesting. What do you do?

Mackenzie: You're just getting nice and comfortable when Sharona shifts underneath you jolting you awake. You open your eyes to see Garth leering at you. "Whoa don't mind me I think girl on girl is hot and I bet your a freak in the sack." he says flippantly. Ugh, can you believe this jerk? It's not like you're even interested in Sharona like that are you. She was just kind enough to let you lay there. That's all. There's nothing else to it is there. Still this isn't the first time he's pissed you off is it? What are you going to do about it now?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions:

The principal's office? Why? Ugh. "Gotta go," I mumble as I get up from the desk. But then Garth comes over and continues to be a creep. I look over at Mr. Brown. He doesn't actually seem that alert. Well then. Might as well get things started.

I go behind Garth, grab him from behind, and pull him down onto the floor with me. "Oops," I sarcastically say as we both go down.

[18:42] <Heliotrope> Lash Out At Garth
[18:42] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+2
[18:42] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 8+2 = 10
Includes +1 for pursing a Hunger
Garth takes 1 Harm and chokes up momentarily before he can react

I manage to land on top of him, slamming him pretty hard into the carpet. Let's see what he does next.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 22, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'll admit I'm a little confused why we need all the hush-hush secrecy. I mean, society has moved on from gay-bashing, right? Right? I stopped to think for a moment, realizing that I had paid no attention at all to the personal dynamics of the classroom. Maybe we hadn't. I was always more concerned with the next scoop. The next big story. I wasn't running articles for some gossip rag, after all. Maybe I should start paying attention. I didn't want to get Sam in trouble. I could fly away. She couldn't.

I look back at Carmilla and theatrically sniffle, "Thanks, Carmilla."

Of course, all hell seems to be breaking loose at the front of the room as Sharona takes Garth down hard. Woof. That's gotta suck for the dude. He's never going to live that down.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 1+1/5 | Conditions: Exhausted | Location: Class

My head hits the desk with a dull 'thwack' when Sharona moves, jolting me back to cruel consciousness. I'm working on getting my poo poo together to tell Garth to go eat a bag of dicks when Sharona loving suplexs him into the floor! That was...pretty loving cool, actually. Not gonna lie, also pretty attractive. I need to get my head in the game fast - if Garth gets up and starts fighting back there could be trouble, and Sharona is probably already in some poo poo if she needs to go to the office.

Keep My Cool: 2d6-1 6

marking xp

You know what, gently caress homeroom. We out.

Run Away: 2d6+2 12

getting away safely, preferably taking Sharona with me.

"Garth, eat a bag of dicks. Sharona, let's get you out of here before this douche tries to hit you again!"

I reach down to haul her to her feet and bolt for the door practically dragging her behind me.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

What? No, don't be stupid. I don't care about bullies, they can do whatever they want, since I'm too high up on the totem poll now for them to mess with me. I only said something to Jackie because Tabitha cued me in and I like her style. Sam and Sera and all is different. This town is a homophobic cesspit, and I'm - I'm not gay, I'm not really into anyone that much, but if I was, I sure wouldn't want that to come out. There's a difference between bullying and ostracization. So that's why I try to help out anyone who looks like they'll be targeted for it. And yes, I am going to take Sera to the bathroom, she needs her makeup redone, and I haven't had a chance to do any since I stopped being able to use mirrors, this is going to be nice.

We're almost at the door when hell breaks out, what are you doing Sharona? I don't do more than stop and stare for a moment, and then Mac is dragging her past out of the classroom. I glance at Sera, shrug, and then head out into the hall. I hope she isn't going to get into too much trouble for that, but not much I can do about it now. "Okay, uh... Caitlyn was going to the bathroom to cry I think, so we should head to the one after that..." I lean the way down the hall, heading for the further bathroom. Once we're away from anyone else or open doors, I lean over towards her a little and lower my voice. "So... are you two together then?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2+1/5 | Conditions:

I feel a giant grin form on my face as Mackenzie grabs me. "Guess you better be careful in the future Garth," I say with a giggle as she pulls me out of the class. drat. Feels good.

Marking XP from Satiety

When we're outside, I look at her. "Hopefully he'll think twice next time, right? You wanna go...do something? I dunno, I'm supposed to go to the principal but eh." I shrug. It can wait.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0/5 | Conditions: Traumatized | Location: Hallways

Excellent. Well, this all seems to be going well. We're going to be alone for a bit and that will be the perfect time to ask Carmilla about the disappearances. Maybe even figure out what her angle is. Of course, it's not so easy to erase the sight of her sleeping form from my mind. I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm serious about Sam. She's absolutely precious. I don't intend to betray her trust in the slightest. Carmilla is just very, very attractive.

Sharona and Mac tear on by, having thoroughly shamed Garth in some sort of impromptu tag-team, and I take the chance to smile at Sam before we follow them. Seriously. Garth is just... ruined. I'm not sure that he can salvage his reputation. Those two better watch their backs. Nothing quite as sad, or vengeful, as a jock torn from his social standing. Oh, poo poo. Carmilla is talking to me. I tune back in and catch the last bit.

I feel my face heating up a bit, "Well, uh, yeah. Together. Since last night. Things... things just happened fast." My face heats up even more as my mind returns to the events leading up to that. The feel of her soft skin, her lips against mine, her... No, not the time. Stay in the present. Stay focused. I think we've passed the bathroom. I guess we weren't going there after all? Well, whatever. I'm content to keep walking for the moment. I rub the back of my neck, thinking of how to phrase the question delicately, "So, uh, you seem... clued in to how this whole scene works. Are you...?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Last night? Ohh~" I give her a little nudge with my elbow and grin. "Lucky girl, she's real cute. But you've gotta be more careful..." I blink a couple times at her question, I think I know what she's asking me? "No!" That might have been a bit too hasty, "I mean, I'm just... sympathetic. People used to call me a dyke because I dyed my hair... If they think you're actually... you know, you'll be in for hell." I mean... I do want to kiss, say, her... but more than that I want to kiss my way down to her neck and sink my teeth in, drink her hot blood, feel her against me, listen to her... Nothing sexual. "Is she your first?" Leaving it open to if I mean relationship or something else.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I smile softly, "Yeah, Sam's really great. She's had a real tough run at things." I think pensively for a moment, working out how to allude to the events that led up to today without actually sounding like a crazy person. It's harder than I expected. I finally continue, "I wasn't really interested in anything like that. I really like journalism, right? That took up all my time. I was always thinking about how to get the next story. Then a few weeks back something... changed. I finally felt something for someone. Sam. It's been rough dealing with some of these feelings. Sam helps a lot, but I guess I don't really know what we should be doing. How we should be doing it. I don't want to make any trouble for her."

I see another bathroom coming up in the hall ahead. Was that where we were headed? Seemed as likely as anything at this point.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Harm 0/4 XP 2/5 Conditions:

"Are... are you making fun of me?" I furrow my brow more out of confusion more than annoyance. She doesn't seem like the type to joke about it, but also surely Judith Lee doesn't think I was inducted into the woodland kissy girls club because I'd be worried about girl crushes- "Wait a second." I gesticulate to add force to what I say. "I'm not into her," I practically hiss it out. At that point Sharona nearly breaks Chuckles' neck. "That's what I'm talking about. She's dangerous. And her aura is all befouled and jazz. We need to determine what exactly is going on." That should make Judith Lee realize that this could be serious. Her getting so into the bonding rituals its natural that she'd be sort of the expert on peoples' auras, and gets bent out of shape over minor blemishes of the soul. So basically she's the president of the, ugh, Summer fan club. "We're going to need a way to like scan her or whatever that's less... intimate." I huff incredulously. "I don't see cajoling anyone into opening their aura up to me on a whim." I cough. "Us. Whatever. It's my hunch I'll do the heavy lifting." I fold my arms and frown as I think. I chant under my breath to focus my mind. I'm going to need divine inspiration at this rate.

Gaze 11 How can I get Sharona to open up to me?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 2/5 | Conditions: Exhausted | Location: Class

I lean against the wall to catch my breath and laugh a little.

"Ha, thinking isn't exactly Garth's strong suite. You know his dad's a cop, right? Could be trouble."

Do I wanna go do...something? Yeah. That sounds awesome. There's something I really, desperately want to do right now.

"Yeah, gently caress it. Let's go get my car and head in to town. I need some coffee before Nadeja manages to convince me to buy whatever lovely uppers she's pushing."

I give her a big toothy grin and hold out my hand.

"Unless you wanna stay and find out what the Principal's trying to pin on you."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions:

"I'll deal if he decides to start something."

This day started off kinda meh, but now it's just getting better and better. I take her hand. "Sounds very good to me. Let's go!"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Right... I remember you always used to be looking around for interesting stories, even back in middle school. You find anything good recently?" I push open the door to the bathroom, holding it to let her through, then let it swing shut. "That's sweet though. Wish you didn't have to hide it..." Just to be sure, since we're talking about stuff that could get her in trouble, I glance under the stall doors to make sure they're empty. "Okay, while we talk, splash some water on your face, and we'll give it a quick dry, clean it up a bit, okay?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I walk over to the sinks and turn the tap on, inspecting the damage in the mirror. Well, on the bright side, it could be worse. The mascara took the worst of it, streaky black lines creeping down from my eyes. Eyes are looking a little puffy too. Nothing for that but time, I guess. As I'm looking at myself, I notice something curious. I can't see Carmilla. It sounds like she's behind me. Weird. Might just be a bad angle. I'd make that 'must be' a bad angle, but, uh, poo poo's weird in Ditchdale. I'm not ruling anything out yet.

I say, "Well, there is this new drug on the streets. LTA, if you've heard of it. Some sort of upper, I guess? I've been hearing some really weird rumors about it -- probably a lot of nothing, but some of the heavy users are starting to go missing. I'd follow up with Nadejda to get her side of things, but she kind of hates me." I pause, test the water, and splash a bit on my face. "Sam really wants to help, but I'm worried about getting her sucked into some real bad news."

I start dabbing at the water with a paper towel as I turn back to look at Carmilla, "How about you? Anything interesting going on?"

• Locked thread