Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«683 »
Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

someday he would have an anchor tattooed on his chest

YeahTubaMike posted:

Chocolate + mint is a gross combination.
Chocolate + fruit, also gross.

Chocolate is good with peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, peanut butter, or espresso.

Yes -- ugly.

it's only good with nuts or salt imo. i dont get why people think chocolate pairs with fruit flavors, it's a horrible combination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .

Doctor Rope

Shibawanko posted:

it's only good with nuts or salt imo. i dont get why people think chocolate pairs with fruit flavors, it's a horrible combination

I don't either!

One time someone gave me a chocolate-covered strawberry, and I wanted to eat the strawberry, so I picked the chocolate off of it but there was chocolate stuck in the seed pits and I nearly threw up when I bit into it. My logic was faulty, I'll admit that.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

yeah and one time i ate taco bell and shat for a week and don't get me started on mayonnaise

docbeard
Jul 18, 2011

Modern worldly poster

Just because tastes are completely subjective is no reason to post lies about the delicious chocolate-raspberry combination.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .

Doctor Rope

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

yeah and one time i ate taco bell and shat for a week and don't get me started on mayonnaise

I like mayonnaise.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

docbeard posted:

It has rocks and trees. So yes.

So exercise is not something you have much first hand familiarity with.

edit: or parks, for that matter. What parks are you going to that have a variety of sizes of rocks? The rocks I've seen in parks are typically gravel. Maybe some decorative boulders. You can't just got to a park and be like, OK, where are the 20 pound rocks?

Gripweed has a new favorite as of 14:37 on Jun 4, 2020

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

I remember being a kid and being disgusted by the idea of a Fruit & Nut Dairy Milk but nowadays it'd probably be my first choice

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Gripweed posted:

Your local public park has free weights and a squat rack?

My old city has fitness trails with outdoor Smith machines. They're great to walk past hungover

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

there's no good reason for smith machines to exist, and they just take up space in decent gyms that could be occupied by more squat racks

also i really loving miss my gym

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Don't look at me-
I'm ugly in the morning
When the headaches gone
The sun is not.
Forgot to turn the alarm
On - on

Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

there's no good reason for smith machines to exist, and they just take up space in decent gyms that could be occupied by more squat racks

The only gyms near me have like 12 smith machines and 2 squat racks, if they have any at all. Nobody uses the drat Smith machines so there’s always a huge wait for the squat rack. It’s obnoxious.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah but you can't really leave free weights lying around a park

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Piss Meridian posted:

Yeah but you can't really leave free weights lying around a park

how do you weight the smith machine without plates though?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Nap Ghost

I like textured walls and ceilings

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

how do you weight the smith machine without plates though?

They're captive in the machine and you use a rod to select the weight you want. You'd have to go at it with a wrench to get them out

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

Piss Meridian posted:

They're captive in the machine and you use a rod to select the weight you want. You'd have to go at it with a wrench to get them out

I don't think we're talking about the same sort of machine. What you're describing is how most weight machines work and they are loving fine for what they do.

A Smith machine is pretty much a squat rack with a barbell locked into the sides of it. It's "good" in that you can't crush yourself with it, but it locks everyone using it into a single range of movement which is extremely bad. And you'll never actually be working with weights that'd crush you unless you are a huge pro lifter anyway. You can easily, safely fail out of pretty much any lift in a squat rack with a free barbell and some plates. You can lift more in a smith machine maybe but it'll gently caress up your body, physically not aesthetically. It's good for accessory lifts but you really shouldn't do big lifts on it.

That's a Smith machine

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

docbeard posted:

It has rocks and trees. So yes.

Look at this caveman.

docbeard
Jul 18, 2011

Modern worldly poster

I'm obviously just being silly and unironically parks having more/better workout equipment would be good.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

There's a scrap iron outdoor gym in the Ukraine where every thing is hand made and the weights and bars are chained to the racks or benches.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

A Smith machine is pretty much a squat rack with a barbell locked into the sides of it. It's "good" in that you can't crush yourself with it,

You'd think that but stupid finds a way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYnUUErz0Yk

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Chocolate + mint is a gross combination.
Chocolate + fruit, also gross.

Chocolate is good with peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, peanut butter, or espresso.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENIS

Chocolate and liquorice is the best combo, not that that's an unpopular opinion.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

lEt'S mOsEy

BrigadierSensible posted:

Kristoff's song from Frozen 2 is better than Let it Go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8jNbZIsBQU

There are plenty of songs in Frozen that are better than Let it Go, and I don't just mean after hearing Let it Go for the millionth time and getting sick of it.

The very first time I watched Frozen I thought that "For the First time in Forever" was the better song, and I still do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Moana’s soundtrack is better than that of any other Disney/Pixar movie by a lot.

«683 »