Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

docbeard posted:

There's nothing wrong with hypocrisy.

I don't know about that, but being a hypocrite definitely doesn't mean you're wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

docbeard posted:

There's nothing wrong with hypocrisy.

I mean there is but only when other people do it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The beauty is that I can still criticize people for being hypocrites without contradiction.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Aramek posted:

But China said they're not doing a genocide.

But they also said that if they were, they deserve it.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 05:14 on Apr 9, 2021

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

and another thing, i am a wolf not a lamb. pls don't tell the press I was a lamb

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Heat is the best movie for watching. If you're wondering what movie to watch, Heat is always a good choice. Maybe you're in a specific mood and a different movie would fit better, but regardless of your mood you won't regret watching Heat.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Timely DMX-related opinion: Cradle 2 the Grave was a really good action movie with a bonus of a good soundtrack. It's like half past dead but better but still bad enough to be good.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

the best condiment is fish sauce, getting really high quality fermented anchovy fish sauce from southeast asia and using it instead of salt makes almost anything taste better and its obvious why it was so popular in ancient rome

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The only bad chili i've ever made was when I added fish sauce to it. I had to throw the entire pot out, I couldn't eat it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The only bad chili i've ever made was when I added fish sauce to it. I had to throw the entire pot out, I couldn't eat it.

shoulda used french onion soup mix

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I once put a lot fish sauce on some ground beef I was cooking on a frying pan. Too much, too picant. Still ate it though, considered it a challenge.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The old Dreamcast game "Shenmue" was awful. Wandering around talking to people at random until it's time to go home for dinner. Eventually, I'm told, you can get a job moving boxes around a warehouse, but I never got that far before turning off the game out of sheer boredom. (And all of it accompanied by the worst voice acting I've ever heard.)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Fish Sauce is very underused in western cooking for sure, salt substitute it isn't though. a lot of time you need that cruchy rock for texture

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I'm all for exploring new flavors but i draw the line at putting rocks in my food

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jesus Christ, yeah I eat rear end, It's a Mineral

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Gaius Marius posted:

Fish Sauce is very underused in western cooking for sure,

Worchestershire sauce serves the same purpose, though it's not that common either.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You think so My very Midwestern mom and Grandma always had some, granted I don't think they know how it;s made

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Fish sauce is for when I don't want to chop anchovies.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Timely DMX-related opinion: Cradle 2 the Grave was a really good action movie with a bonus of a good soundtrack. It's like half past dead but better but still bad enough to be good.

Which is the one where Steven Seagal is beaten down to crossing guard or traffic duty? I remember being confused if it was a parody or not.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Elissimpark posted:

Fish sauce is for when I don't want to chop anchovies.

Which is the one where Steven Seagal is beaten down to crossing guard or traffic duty? I remember being confused if it was a parody or not.

That's Exit Wounds, my favorite good bad movie.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's better to be a follower of Manwë than to follow a real religion

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Doesn't that just make you catholic?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
alsatian german is better than proper german and the alsatian accent on french is the best one

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

People should probably stop using the anti-Catholicism of the 1800s as an example of deranged conspiratorial thinking in American history. The idea that the Catholic Church would cover up widespread sexual abuse is not really that wild

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

fizzymercury posted:

That's Exit Wounds, my favorite good bad movie.

Oh goody. I was starting to wonder if it was just a fever dream.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The devil isn't cool.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
No, he lives in Hell. Obviously he’s not cool.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Monkey posted:

No, he lives in Hell. Obviously he’s not cool.

I see you've not heard of Russian hell.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I see you've not heard of Russian hell.

Isnt that just Russia?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Russia is the scariest country in the world

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The devil is trapped in Cocytus, the final layer of hell, which is cold and dark due to being the farthest point away from God’s light, and frozen over due to the devil’s tears freezing because of the cold winds created by his desperately flapping his wings, trying to fly back to Heaven. Were he to ever stop crying or trying to fly, he would be able to break out, but alas, he is too full of sorrow and desperation to regain his status to ever free himself from his icy prison.

So I guess he’s pretty cool

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

thetoughestbean posted:

The devil is trapped in Cocytus, the final layer of hell, which is cold and dark due to being the farthest point away from God’s light, and frozen over due to the devil’s tears freezing because of the cold winds created by his desperately flapping his wings, trying to fly back to Heaven. Were he to ever stop crying or trying to fly, he would be able to break out, but alas, he is too full of sorrow and desperation to regain his status to ever free himself from his icy prison.

Also he's chewing on Brutus, Cassius, and Judas like gum

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Judas I get. Brutus and cassius just seems like god editorializing.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

lol cock y tuss.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I don't "get" online community at all.

Like people have always talked about meeting friends or even romantic interests through some internet group or another and it had always baffled me. Why would that happen. Why would anyone want that to happen

In my entire life I have never once interacted with a person online and thought "boy I sure do want to do that more". I think the internet is best for drive-by hot takes to strangers and you move on with your life.

I have a real life social circle, a family, and a bunch of extended family members for social interaction. What in the wide world could some fake internet personality offer me

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Manager Hoyden posted:

I don't "get" online community at all.

Like people have always talked about meeting friends or even romantic interests through some internet group or another and it had always baffled me. Why would that happen. Why would anyone want that to happen

In my entire life I have never once interacted with a person online and thought "boy I sure do want to do that more". I think the internet is best for drive-by hot takes to strangers and you move on with your life.

I have a real life social circle, a family, and a bunch of extended family members for social interaction. What in the wide world could some fake internet personality offer me

did you mean to post this irl

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Sorry that was supposed to go on a post-it for the office bathroom

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Manager Hoyden posted:

all the funny bits and none of the boring bits

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

Gaius Marius posted:

Judas I get. Brutus and cassius just seems like god editorializing.

they were the three evilest people Dante Alighieri could think of

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Badactura posted:

they were the three evilest people Dante Alighieri could think of

Wow, and he didn't even pick Hitler? Very problematic imo

Adbot