Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Last time my buddy was on leave we got hosed up enough that trying some dip seemed like a great idea. Second it was in my mouth I realized I'd hosed up ran to the bathroom and started vomiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Last time my buddy was on leave we got hosed up enough that trying some dip seemed like a great idea. Second it was in my mouth I realized I'd hosed up ran to the bathroom and started vomiting.

I had the exact same experience. Also my gums felt really weird and itchy for a few days after. One of my closest friends still dips and it's kinda annoying to every once in a blue moon find a spit bottle that he forgot to throw away at my place.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Solice Kirsk posted:

I had the exact same experience. Also my gums felt really weird and itchy for a few days after. One of my closest friends still dips and it's kinda annoying to every once in a blue moon find a spit bottle that he forgot to throw away at my place.

I think it’s supposed to irritate the insides of your mouth so it can go into your bloodstream. Not pleasant!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I have some Snuff and it's really old but it's still dry powder and still has quite a kick because I never use it.

It's weird!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Teenagers shouldn't be allowed to have jobs. They suck at them, don't need the money, and depress wages for the average adult.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I took a swig out of my dad's ashtray coke as a kid and was so repulsed I went insensible and hurled the can off the dock

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't smoke or dip except when really drunk and someone is giving it to me. Under these conditions you get a whole new appreciation to how much of a drug nicotine is. A lovely drug I would never do sober, but also sometimes used to do when bars where a thing.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
People would always offer me cigars when drunk and I'm glad I had that experience because it means I'll never smoke cigars willingly ever again. They only gave them to me because my mouth does not understand how to smoke them and people found it funny watching me try to figure out how to do it right. To this day I don't get it, "suck it like a straw but don't inhale" does not make sense to me.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Cigars are another thing too, they're like a status symbol. TBH all smokes are a symbol that also gives you cancer and makes you out of breath. It's sad to see, at work, these dudes who have smoked for years and struggle and suffer every day, but still go to smoke on any break.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

People would always offer me cigars when drunk and I'm glad I had that experience because it means I'll never smoke cigars willingly ever again. They only gave them to me because my mouth does not understand how to smoke them and people found it funny watching me try to figure out how to do it right. To this day I don't get it, "suck it like a straw but don't inhale" does not make sense to me.

Do you constantly choke on water or whatever liquid when using a straw?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Captain Monkey posted:

Do you constantly choke on water or whatever liquid when using a straw?

when i'm drinking from a straw i don't fill my mouth up and hold it for a while and then swallow, the mouth actions work in tandem. Also a cigar doesn't seem to work the same as a straw, whenever I think I've sucked in the smoke and am holding it, i'm actually not.

it's just one of those things i've come to accept I can't do. It's beyond my capabilities.

e: i should probably note i've never tried it sober, but there's a reason for that - I'd never smoke a cigar sober, they smell even worse than cigarettes.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 02:13 on May 2, 2021

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I've drunk a lot of alcohol over the years, to excess, and also to just "have a few", or to recover from past excess. Beer is proof that god and good exist, is a saying I agree with on some level. I write drinking a beer. :cheers:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Series I-V are the greatest seasons of Red Dwarf. Most everything after that is repetitive and just not as good, though there are exceptions like Gunmen of the Apocalypse and Tikka To Ride.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

This is the unpopular opinions thread, not "Post The Truth"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Butt Detective posted:

Smoke smells disgusting and people who smoke at bus stops should be shot

as a former smoker and former dependent on public transportation, I can assure you that lighting a cigarette is a magic spell to make the next bus instantly arrive and I do not think smokers will cede that power lightly

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Pastry of the Year posted:

as a former smoker and former dependent on public transportation, I can assure you that lighting a cigarette is a magic spell to make the next bus instantly arrive and I do not think smokers will cede that power lightly

So very true. "Oh it's running late I may as well have a smo....gently caress!".

Similarly, going to the toilet will instantly summon your parcel/food delivery.

I vividly remember the smoking ban for pubs/bars coming in in the UK. The main aromas remaining were years of farts, sweat and stale spilled beer.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If you want a food with a significant difference between pre-cooked volume and cooked volume, popcorn is an excellent choice.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mustafa from the Reactistan youtubes is a huge loving baby (when it comes to food, but the channel is all about food).

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I worry about how real life behavior is being influenced by extreme tribalism and anger over stupid preferences

Things like the cartoon Rick and Morty or ranch sauce or mom shorts or beans/no beans or anything really. Internet people get so incredibly defensive or angry about other people liking/disliking a thing that it is genuinely concerning

Like if someone birdtubes about how someone is literal garbage for liking california-style burritos and hope they choke my assumption is that they are being over the top for comedy, which I get, but drat if people don't seem to take it seriously

I know a lot of people have trouble telling reality from internet so are these people just seething all day about ketchup on hotdogs?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I saw two dudes get into a screaming match about whether or not jean shorts were acceptable for bar hopping. They'd have devolved into kicking if someone hadn't intervened. People might not care all day but they care when it pops up in real life.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I wonder if was really about the jorts?

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Had to be

Jorts are obviously okay for bar hopping or anything really except maybe a funeral for a really rich person

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fizzymercury posted:

I saw two dudes get into a screaming match about whether or not jean shorts were acceptable for bar hopping. They'd have devolved into kicking if someone hadn't intervened. People might not care all day but they care when it pops up in real life.

A bartender at the local pub wears short ripped jeans shorts in Summer. Sometimes he wears tight leather trousers with lacing. He also has I think seven kids with four different women who all have the same first name.

I don't know where I was going with this but IMHO guys almost 60 with very spindly legs shouldn't wear ripped jeans shorts, they look silly and everyone is afraid their balls will flop out of one leg.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Manager Hoyden posted:

I worry about how real life behavior is being influenced by extreme tribalism and anger over stupid preferences

Things like the cartoon Rick and Morty or ranch sauce or mom shorts or beans/no beans or anything really. Internet people get so incredibly defensive or angry about other people liking/disliking a thing that it is genuinely concerning

Like if someone birdtubes about how someone is literal garbage for liking california-style burritos and hope they choke my assumption is that they are being over the top for comedy, which I get, but drat if people don't seem to take it seriously

I know a lot of people have trouble telling reality from internet so are these people just seething all day about ketchup on hotdogs?

It's incredible how many people on Hinge use one of their three allotted things about themselves to talk about pineapple on pizza or the Oxford comma.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Manager Hoyden posted:

I've been yelled at more than once for putting ketchup on a hot dog so they're at least people in real life like that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

3D Megadoodoo posted:

He also has I think seven kids with four different women who all have the same first name.

Homonym women, kids, or both?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Platystemon posted:

Homonym women, kids, or both?

Women. I think three of them were his wives.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dude's living the life, can't hate on that

doverhog
May 31, 2013

George Bush is a war criminal, worse than Trump. The rehabilitation of his image is disgusting.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

pretty much every president in modern history has been complicit in war crimes, to be fair.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

yeah I eat rear end posted:

pretty much every president in modern history has been complicit in war crimes, to be fair.

Yeah, we had Hope for Obama but it was just that. Hope. No change.

Bush is a modern monster though, Obama blasting weddings with Hellfire missiles was an ahem abomination.

I always wonder what the JCAS briefing for an incoming commander in chief is like.

We're gonna kill the hell out of some people and you best get on board civilian. Then they have the CIA and the NSA tell them where to step off.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Estimating war-related deaths poses many challenges.[1][2] Experts distinguish between population-based studies, which extrapolate from random samples of the population, and body counts, which tally reported deaths and likely significantly underestimate casualties.[3] Population-based studies produce estimates of the number of Iraq War casualties ranging from 151,000 violent deaths as of June 2006 (per the Iraq Family Health Survey) to 1,033,000 excess deaths (per the 2007 Opinion Research Business (ORB) survey). Other survey-based studies covering different time-spans find 461,000 total deaths (over 60% of them violent) as of June 2011 (per PLOS Medicine 2013), and 655,000 total deaths (over 90% of them violent) as of June 2006 (per the 2006 Lancet study). Body counts counted at least 110,600 violent deaths as of April 2009 (Associated Press). The Iraq Body Count project documents 185,000–208,000 violent civilian deaths through February 2020 in their table. All estimates of Iraq War casualties are disputed.[4][5]

this wiki is hell of old too

Afghanistan another chapter in the Bush legacy

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I know he was a dumb rear end puppet for Cheney but that does not absolve him. If you get elected president you have to say no if the devil tells you to go kill people so his "Kill People company" gets paid.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He wasn’t really a dumb puppet either. His whole yokel act was an affectation.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

Ok. That makes it even worse.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Both Bushes were carpetbaggers aggressively trying to be texan and they both suck so much rear end

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Henchman of Santa posted:

Definitely. Look at his family and upbringing. He's been on the inside team from the start and his image was carefully manufactured just like so many other politicians and elite.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Both Bushes were carpetbaggers aggressively trying to be texan and they both suck so much rear end

Also so much this.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's impressive though that Trump is such a fundamentally unlikable mutant that he somehow managed to rehabilitate G.W's image by proxy. He got people yearning for the worst president ever just because everyone hated looking at him and hearing him talk so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Most modern American presidents have been war criminals. Most of your modern wars have been crimes based on lies.

It's just that you got nukes, so the rest of the world has to sort of accept your evil. Same deal with Russia when they gobbled up a piece of the Ukraine. Like, what are ya gonna do? China, Russia and America is the axis of evil and they can do whatever the gently caress they want and continue to do so