Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

As a person with crippling self esteem issues, I hate the concept of selfies almost as much as I hate myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also not all meat is exactly the same and can (or should) be prepared in different ways.

Soggy bacon sucks.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The humour of South Park is completely embroiled in normalising xenophobic, alt-right and libertarian values. The fact it subsists nowadays as a beloved American television show tells you everything you need to know about the average American public.

You should provide some examples of the show supporting these values, because I think you're full of poo poo. Also, please provide a definition of "alt-right" beyond just "people to the right of me".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Here's my unpopular opinion: please stop using autism as an insult.

Oh wait, that's not an opinion.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pick posted:

I was being literal, I see it as propaganda for the unacceptable behavioral tendencies of people with autism spectrum disorder.

I still don't understand what you mean. Maybe you could provide an example?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well What Now posted:

Having this level of hatred for a website as stupid and useless and ultimately irrelevant as TV Tropes is incredibly unhealthy.

I blame the megathreads dedicated to sites like that where instead of making jokes about stupid people, goons made it into a competition over who could work up the biggest outrage over it. Something about gazing into the abyss or whatever.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cuntellectual posted:

What does that even mean??

It's kind of like the Dark Souls of music.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Clearly an unpopular opinion, given the volume of business they do.

People can never seem to agree on whether unpopular means unpopular to the entire world or unpopular to the dwindling community of a dead gay comedy forum.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Arguing about which TV show or movie is better is a pointless nerd slap fight.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

JnnyThndrs posted:

I think you're unclear about the concept of comedy.

It's pretty obvious he's reposting stuff from somewhere else.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I would kill 0 puppy you sick weirdo.

Way to miss the point.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"The truth is never in the middle" actually means "I'll never admit that I'm wrong" or "I'm completely unwilling to compromise".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tiggum posted:

They're divisions of the year, but so are months, and there's no reason we couldn't have more or fewer of either.

Changes in the weather happen because of the Earth's position. Seasons are just the names we give to arbitrary divisions of the year.

Seasons aren't arbitrary at all. They're based on the amount of sunlight. On the equinoxes, you get 12 hours of sunlight and 12 hours of night. The summer solstice is the longest day, and the winter solstice is the longest night. This is true no matter where you are on the planet. And the weather changes mostly due to those seasonal differences (axial tilt), not Earth's position. The eccentricity of Earth's orbit isn't that significant.

What are they teaching kids in school these days?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

also lol if you think fake news is something only conservatives fall for

just lol

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What backwards rear end country says that Spring doesn't start on the vernal equinox?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

OK, so in Sweden and Finland, the seasons don't start on a consistent day. That's stupid.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You're right, it's not arbitrary, just stupid.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Uhh yeah let me look at this calendar to see what season it is so I know what to do oh time to plant those potatoes what do you mean we'll starve because I planted in Winter the calendar clearly says it's Spring!

Why the gently caress would you start planting when it's too cold, regardless of the season?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"Funnily" is a bad word that nobody should ever use.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Tone policing only effects assholes.

For whatever reason some people think that "being angry doesn't mean you're wrong" actually means "you can be an rear end in a top hat as long as you're right".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Grandmother of Five posted:

anti-discrimination laws doesn't infringe on anything that's worth protecting. the equal treatment of people despite race, gender, religion and sexuality is not a slippery slope.

Agreed, and allowing business owners to discriminate based on race, religion, sexuality, etc is a slippery slope. People say that those businesses would lose out because everyone would boycott them, and they'd be correct for the short term, but after a few generations it would reach a "critical mass" where widespread discrimination becomes acceptable again.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's a good red title.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Plom Bar posted:

Dark Souls and its brood are poo poo games. And no, it's not because of the difficulty, it's because of the Souls/Blood Echoes retrieval mechanic.

Please elaborate.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Plom Bar posted:

Any game that holds your XP hostage via repetition of an entire sequence, most likely itself repeated several additional times, is poo poo.

That's a pretty bad way to look at it. Instead, you could realize that losing your souls isn't actually a big deal because you can just get more anyway, and you'll never have to worry about losing levels or gear. Or, you could realize that you shouldn't be carrying around large quantities of souls to lose in the first place. Maybe try approaching things from a different direction rather than proclaiming that it's poo poo.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Some (most) people will just be evangelistic about nearly anything.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dark Souls does have a story, but it all happened before you start playing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The best one was when they served professional wine tasters the cheapest white wine they could fin with red food coloring in it put in a really fancy bottle with an intricate label and the wine tasters were like "mmmm really really good red wine. The best stuff!" That might be a bit of exaggeration but I remember reading about that too. Wine tasters had absolutely no god damned clue what they were talking about. There were incidences where they would say that a white wine with food coloring added was totally a red wine, we can tell by how it tastes!

I can understand cheap wine vs. expensive wine but I refuse to believe that anyone could confuse red and white.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've never heard anyone use the term "nerd blackface" outside of goons complaining about people using that term. Besides, it's more like nerd Will and Grace.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's also an inaccurate stereotype. While not exactly an objective measurement, there are a ton of articles out there saying that Americans are actually among the "best behaved" tourists by nationality.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tony Bologna posted:

More dudes need to start trimming and shaping their eyebrows. You guys look like poo poo out there, it's embarrassing.

gently caress you i'm going full brezhnev

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

People with very thin or no eyebrows are barely recognizable as human.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chop sticks are a terrible eating utensil.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've been able to eat using chop sticks since I was 3 years old, but they're still terrible. Anything they can do, a fork can do better.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

69 isn't all that great.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Goons are way too protective about spoilers. They act like every single little detail of the story is a huge reveal, and knowing anything about it means it's completely ruined.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"everyone should have to drive a driverless car except me" --everyone

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I would much rather put my life in the hands of a fine-tuned AI that can make quick and precise corrections than the instincts of my stupid monkey brain that is still more concerned with not falling out of trees and avoiding predators.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

doverhog posted:

google "bitter psychopath"

please don't doxx me

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Can I fry it?

Hell yeah chile rellenos.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008