Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Alton Brown chat: I was at a Costco when he had a book signing starting and there was a huge line. He showed up right on time and looked happy to be there. Seems to buck celebrity chef stereotype by being a decent human. Plus his sushi rice recipe is excellent.

Content: I don't think most single people in apartments should own dogs. The animals need more space and time than they can provide. I've known too many people who try to cram multiple dogs into a studio, or put the dog in the bathroom and teach it to poop in the tub. Even more responsible owners constantly need to leave work to walk the pet or arrange last second care.

Dogs are awesome, but wait until they fit your life situation. Unless you can bring it to work or have the money to hire a walker every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

veni veni veni posted:

Some dogs are probably fine in an apt, but this is true of a lot of breeds.

The problem is, what if someone starts out in a house and needs to move to an apt? Do the need to get rid of their dog? That seems unfair to both the owner and the dog.

E: Alton Brown rules. I find most celebrity chefs completely insufferable but I would love to kick it with Alton Brown for an evening.

Oh I understand when people may need to unexpectedly downsize their housing situation and didn't plan on putting a dog in an apartment, and I don't advocate canine confiscation. I'm thinking more of my multiple friends and family members that made the choice to adopt a furry toddler without having the time, living space, or money to care for the animal.

If a working person has the resources to lavish unlimited attention on a dog so it isn't left alone ten hours a day (looking at you, cousin who spent five figures operating a labradoodle airline from Alaska to Oregon) then it's their money. I just think it is a bad call to take on a dog when a person doesn't have the space or time.

Also, I'd be in favor of permanently making Christmas Eve the last Saturday of December, then Sunday Christmas, then Monday federal holiday. Non-participants can enjoy the three day weekend.