Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
News shouldn't give up time for sports, I tuned in to learn what's going on in the world not some uninteresting crap about some twat making their first century. Public funds shouldn't be spent on sports unless it's things like public grounds everybody can use. Sports fans are really sensitive to criticism for some weird reason, and lastly Russian dashcams are boring, I get why people watch them but there is something about Russian ones I just find unappealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

There is not a single good small dog, pugs are the worst offender they are disgusting creatures and their breed needs to die out.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Some people are just inexplicably indestructible. Apparently English rock stars are just immune to everything.

Lemmy died at 70 and Ozzie is 68 and still trucking.

Accordingly for the prince of darkness his body is adept at consuming alcohol.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/genetic-mutations-ozzy-osbourne-party-hard/story?id=12032552

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

or you could shower twice a day

"lives in a drought stricken country, wastes water because ew sweat"
e;posted thinking I was in a different thread, feel free to contribute me to the idiots thread.

Tarantula has a new favorite as of 05:24 on Feb 26, 2017

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

e; wrong thread.

Tarantula has a new favorite as of 03:13 on Mar 25, 2017

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

The Skeleton King posted:

I like snow and rain and cloudy skies. I like cold wind and the quiet atmosphere of winter. Snow doesn't bother me at all. I have no idea why people whine so hard about it.

I hate clear skies and long sunny days.

I live in Phoenix.

I second this, the sun is pure evil. The sight of a grey skiy puts me in a great mood. Blue skies and sunshine are overrated.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Thanks to so much exposure to American culture I've begun to instinctively roll my eyes when I hear the word freedom, to the point where I rolled my eyes when I heard "they took our freedoms" in the new Wolfenstein trailer, dam it america it was a perfectly fine word stop overusing it so dam much.
e; meant for the pet peeve thread but whatever, my opinion is Americans use the word freedom too much and it sounds dumb.

Tarantula has a new favorite as of 05:44 on Jun 22, 2017

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Just FYI for the people saying "just don't have sex" abstinence has a pretty piss poor record, not rooting for either side but that's basically what's being advocated.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Tiggum posted:

The American Kath & Kim was better than the Australian one. Mainly because the Australian one had Glenn Robbins and Magda Szubanski in it (neither of whom I dislike otherwise but their characters in that show are terrible).

Alright now your just looking for a fight.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

My PHUO is kinda tangential to that; horror movie monsters need rules. Defined abilities, goals, a way to defeat it.

When it's a paranormal Incident type monster, that sucks. It's a demon. What can it do? I dunno, anything. What does it want? To gently caress with people for a while and then kill them at the end of the movie for some reason. Can it be defeated? lol no. That's boring. There's no tension. The monster is going to gently caress with the characters for no reason and then kill them. If it's end goal is kill them, why not do that at the beginning? If there's no way to beat it, why do I care about the character's struggle?

I understand where your coming from but I've only ever been scared by the invisible undefined monsters and whenever it's given limits or definition it stops scaring me, which is a bummer since so few horror movies make paranormal activity style monsters. That's my unpopular opinion, there should be more movies like Paranormal Activity 1 where less is more.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

People posting gifs as a reply to posts on any forum anywhere should be a bannable offence, your gif sucks and so do you.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Yobgoblin posted:

Everyone loves my neighbor's dog. yeah, i love sweating my rear end off at 1am only to wake up around 5to it's yiffing session. God damnit sally control your sons poo poo pet he abandoned on your doorstep before i get more grumpy...

If I go for a walk to the shop I can set off about 9 dogs within easy hearing distance of my house, it doesn't take much for them all to go off. gently caress me sideways with a whistle I guess.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Do they actually work well? Could be worth a shot.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Grandmother of Five posted:

Yeah. Iirc she was one of the many celebrities where a bunch of media got creepy about doing countdowns to her birthday and implied legal "coming of age". Iirc, the major and mainstream UK publication The Sun did a countdown to her 16 year birthday. It is mind-blowing that the sexualization of kids is so mainstream that those countdowns are a thing.

They don't call the British Isles "the paedo isles" for nothing.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

It's good that Patreon's going tits up if it means fewer webcomics.

You monster The Great War channel relies on patreon funding. :saddowns:

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

pidan posted:

Afaik north American winters are getting colder and Euro ones warmer because something about the way air comes down from the arctic is changing. So you may be able to enjoy your kinda cold winter (and snow chaos) every year from now on.

Here it's just been raining the whole time while barely ever going below zero (centigrade).

I'd love some of that cold weather here in Australia.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-05/hume-freeway-melts-in-heat-in-victoria/9307344

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Pitt the elder was the best British PM.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

TheMaskedUgly posted:

PHUO: It is unhelpful that internet discussion of race relations is so US-focused (most notably in how it is always framed as 'white' vs 'non-white').
Us woke Europeans are totally fine with being racist to other white people

Americans live in their own little bubble, it's best they stay in it because it's annoying to have them pop out of it and start spewing stupid on an already stupid planet.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Will probably be flayed alive for this opinion, but I don't see chemical weapons as any better or worse than weapons already used in conventional warfare, bombs and bullets still cause people to die in a horrific fashion as is.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Google image search "mustard gas effects" and you'll see why people aren't big fans of chemical weapons. I think the main reason is because they're hard to control so you could wind up with more civilian causalities as well.

You can do the same for "grenade injury to stomach" though, and with all the tech put into missiles and such to make them "smart", civilian casualties still happen, I'm not trying to say "eh who cares", I just think chemical weapons are put on a their own special pedestal despite conventional weapons not only being capable of doing the horrible things chemical weapons can do, but they have a very long history of doing so.

Tarantula has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Apr 14, 2018

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

All I know is that if I had to choose between being blown up by a drone or die from sarin gas I'd pick the drone. Drones usually target a building or like one vehicle at a time at least. Gas is unpredictable and can spread everywhere.

That drone strike could still leave you to die in a pretty horrible fashion, maybe better maybe worse than being killed by gas.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Yes but intent matters IMO. Drone strikes are ideally targeted at individuals with minimum collateral casualties. This can fail but it's often successful. A gas attack is meant to spread as much as possible. Imagine if the US never used drone strikes and used mustard gas instead in Afghanistan.

Yea I totally agree with you on the first part, my issue is the way people to react to a gas attack compared to something like a barrel bomb or drone strike, they all suck in their own way, but only one generates huge outrage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

Mince meat pies are the best pies and lol at countries that don't have them.