Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Everything I like is utter shite, I revel in its shittiness and purposefully try to tear everyone and everything down to my level. Anime is good. Furries are sexy. Hitler had some great ideas. I dislike the thing you like, here's a couple of retarded reasons why. I even hang up my toilet paper the wrong way, whichever this is. Merry Christmas, motherfuckers :dealwithit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

gleebster posted:

I've never been terribly musical myself, and have found some things to be decent tunes, but do not tend to obsess over the stuff. Until the advent of recorded and later, broadcast music, I think lots of people didn't care for music at all, or only cared very little, and it would be a good thing if society found a way back to that.

Yeah, that's objectively wrong. People did care a lot about music even back then. Medieval rulers would pay good money to get specific musicians to their courts, people would attend concerts at least once a week or so when they could afford it in the 19th century (just read up on Hitler's attitude to music when he was broke in Vienna, he was obsessed with it and he wasn't necessarily exceptional in that regard), musicians would get huge obituaries after their death, showing that it was not only the spectacle of listening to music but the music itself that got people's attention and so on. Attitudes towards music, even such basic things as “what is music?“ can vary greatly depending on time and location (just look at Indonesian gamelan music vs traditional western stuff), but one thing never changed and that was that music was always deemed to be really important. This even goes for societies were music is outlawed (like Afghanistan under the Taliban), because even there there was/is officially sanctioned music (like the muezzins), music being performed and enjoyed secretly and, in general, music being seen as important enough to outlaw, after all.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Breakfast Burrito posted:

movie theaters should ban snacks in general, i hate listening to you rustle around your maximum size feed bucket while i'm trying to engage with a movie, if you seriously can't go without snacking on fat and salt puffs and focus for 90 minutes stay home and strap on a feed bag like the animal you are

The vast majority of movie theatres' revenue comes from snacks sales, so this would probably spell the end for theatres altogether

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

I read somewhere that it is mostly a case of cultural mores not adapting to economical/social reality. Sex out of wedlock or at least outside of a relationship that's definitely steering towards marriage is considered a no-no by many people. But as the current ideal of a relationship apparently still is one where the man supports the entire family while the woman becomes a housewife, in this economy this means that many women won't date men because they're stuck in lovely jobs/men don't bother dating because they feel that because of their being stuck in lovely jobs means that they don't have the “right“ to. Add to this a crazy amount of work everyone is doing and the culture still being in a weird place considering things like love, sex and romance and you have a good starting recipe for millennials not having sex.

(I have no idea about Japan so I'm just parroting what I read somewhere, maybe it's all bullshit idk)

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

I've only seen one recent skit of theirs (where the woman who normally plays Clinton played as Angela Merkel) and it was dreadful, like literally every joke falling flat, and the Merkel impression was so bad that it almost looped back to being impressive again.