Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Das Boo posted:

Pumpernickel is the best bread because it is both delicious and a good name for a cat.

Umm, excuse me, I would name my cat Sourdough if I could :colbert:

But I can't so I won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Rick and Morty is just okay. Not terrible or mediocre, not the second coming of comedy clown Jesus or the be-all-end-all to comedy everywhere, just okay. However, that animatic they did of the State of Georgia court case is really dumb.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

At least we can all agree that GTA: San Andreas had the best radio stations and music.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

K-ROSE is the most fun to listen to and there hasn't been a station that entertaining since.

I'd go even further and say it is by far the best game overall out of all in the series. I bought GTA 4 and 5 and have about 2 hours played on each because I just can't get into them, whereas I have close to 1000 on san andreas.

I've never cared for Liberty City in any way, shape, or form, so GTA III, Liberty City Stories, and IV just don't aren't any fun. Oh boy, another NYC-like setting. How *yawns while saying this* exciiitiiing :rolleyes: Saint Mark's Bistro mission in San Andreas was pretty dope, though.

Nothing beat K-ROSE or K-DST out in the desert. Learning to fly at the Boneyard while listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival or Merle Haggard as the sun rose over the desert horizon was something amazing.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Rush Limbo posted:

Using licensed music, for the most part, is a cheap way of creating an emotional connection to the game world based on people's attachment to the music.

Or, you know, setting the mood, environment, and era of the game. But seriously, that's exactly the purpose of using licensed music, especially when using it in a period piece. I don't find it cheap at all.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Aramek posted:

Generic malt-o-meal versions of cereals are all better than the actual cereal they're generic versions of. Especially their honey bunches of oats with almonds.

I loving love me some Apple Zings. Like holy gently caress, this giant bag of Apple Jacks knock-offs? YES, PLEASE.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Das Boo posted:

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion necessarily, but this last election has me disgusted with every-loving-one.

Including me? I haven't said poo poo about the election in this thread :ohdear: Free miniature American flags for everyone! :911:

Content: Vanilla ice cream and shakes/malts are better than chocolate ones.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Field Mousepad posted:

A1 sauce is good as hell on almost any type of meat. And yes I put it on steak sometimes, that poo poo is amazing on steak.

Sometimes when I'm feeling adventurous, I'll put a little Worcestershire sauce on my steak to give it a little savory kick. Tastes good, man.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

sounds like what an ELF WOULD SAY

Yo, sup?

Let It Be is a boring lovely garbage album that should have stayed in the vaults instead of having Phil Spector gussy it up and release it. Even the surviving Beatles approved "closer to what they envisioned" Naked version blows rear end, along with the Let It Be movie. Should have left it at Abbey Road, as The End (barring Her Majesty) was a great sendoff for the group.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Henchman of Santa posted:

I was worried at first that this was about the Replacements album of the same name and we would have to throw down.

I would never talk ill of The Replacements, my friend. No one should.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I one time fell asleep on a park bench at like 4am in Chicago in December with nothing but a coat on and two bottles of Night Train in me and I've never slept more soundly or warm in my life. That poo poo is like a liquid Hilton to the homeless.

Did you get me my Cheese Whiz, Boy?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Henceforth, I shall now refer to hamburger[s] as "cow mash."

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I remember John Cena was on an episode of Psych as a good guy, but it turned out he was a bad guy. But it's okay, because he became a good guy at the end again. But he still went to prison... or so they thought. DUN DUN DUUUUN.

Welp!

That's my wrestling story! Thanks for reading! *does a Triple H crotch chop*

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

TBS also has noticeably terrible time compression to fit more commercials in, and that's really lovely, especially when musical scenes or music in general are time compressed. It sounds horrible.

Comedy Central just said gently caress it and start and stop their programming whenever the hell they feel like. On my Comcast guide, everything is hours and half-hours, while CC has poo poo staggered with start times at like 4:17 and end times at 4:51. What the gently caress.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Aramek posted:

gently caress, some of the 70s Scooby-Doo episodes had laugh tracks in them, and those were the best ones. :allears:

Counterpoint: Scrappy Doo.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

1080p is perfectly fine for TV and movie watching. Anything more is just silly.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Das Boo posted:

What is the truth between drinking a whole bottle of wine or never having any at all? Asking for a friend.

I think as long as you sing this while consuming the bottle, it's perfectly fine and legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZynyHW2hfw

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

starkebn posted:

Yeah, I just crunch the seeds up rather than bothering to spit them out. It doesn't change the taste drastically enough.

Man, you must have a shitload of pomegranates and watermelons growing in your belly.

#grandmawarnings #grandmaquotes

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Whenever I see or hear the word "arse," I can't think of a modern Brit or Australian without thinking they're really a time traveler from 11th century England. Dump that Old English poo poo and get with the times, people! (Or at least update to Early Modern English).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-D3PfhuF5o

rear end. It's not just for describing donkeys anymore.

You Are A Werewolf has a new favorite as of 14:29 on Feb 13, 2017

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Scarface is a terrible and dumb movie.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Blech.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

areyoucontagious posted:

Than. It's"than" you loving rear end in a top hat. Every time I see this loving picture :suicide:

Let it go. He's non-confromist.

Ramagamma posted:

I was thinking about this the other day, I would have enjoyed Scarface if i watched it with zero expectations. Its laughable that film has been built up to be some kind of classic

I only ever saw it last year for the first time, having avoided it for many years because people wouldn't shut up about it and I felt I'd already knew the gist of it through social osmosis, but I was curious since it was on cable and I watched it. Man, it's loving bad. Pacino's Cuban accent, every other word being "gently caress" or "loving" wearing down on me almost instantly (even Michelle Pfeiffer asks Tony if he has to say gently caress all the time), the laughably bad 1980s "I'M SO 80S I poo poo BOY GEORGE" soundtrack, and the message that every single motherfucker who idolizes and looks up to Tony completely misses, but hey, "the world is yours."

If I didn't love Phantom of the Paradise so much, I'd hate Brian DePalma.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Field Mousepad posted:

You do know that the movie was made in the 80s right?

... yeah, that's why I said it so. It's just so dated and terrible to listen to, and I like '80s music (*insert dated and terrible joke about '80s music here*).

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

SPAM is not as gross as people make it out to be. It's salty as hell, but otherwise makes for good breakfast fixins every now and again.

Treet is better, though, and a hell of a lot cheaper.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I had never had scrapple until my buddy introduced me to it. I think pan fried in butter with a little bit of jelly on it is one of the best breakfast meats to exist. Right up there with thick slices of honey ham with red eye gravy.

Hell yeah :respek:. I just had scrapple for the first time a month ago, having heard about it from an acquaintance from Pennsylvania. Tried it on a lark and it's awesome with eggs and toast.

oldpainless posted:

SPAM is good for exactly two (2) slices.

Exactly right. SPAM is salty, that's why I prefer Treet. It actually tastes like ham and has less sodium. Throw it on an English muffin with runny yolk eggs and man.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

CowboyKid posted:

Ban people.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Most classic sketch shows are viewed through rose colored glasses and remembered fondly through Internet lists outlining the funniest and most memorable skits only. No one ever revisits said shows in their entirety or at least the majority and remembers the bad unfunny filler sketches that permeate each show, which is roughly about 90%.

I remember buying the In Living Color DVDs way back when because I thought the show was the poo poo back in the day. Turns out it's mainly poo poo, not the poo poo.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

God, Monty Python.

First thing I thought of (besides In Living Color) as I typed that up.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

It's also the only tolerable movie with Seth Rogen in it. Seriously, what do people see in that guy? "I SMOKE A LOT OF WEED ISN'T THAT HILARIOUS?!?! *sucks a bong* COMEDY!!!"

Although I did like Freaks and Geeks; it's just his movies that are terrible. Jonah Hill I'll never forgive because of Allen Gregory.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Also didn't it "happen" in IRL life? (I put the quotes because the dude may or may not have strapped the bomb on himself.)

Yep, the whole thing was weird.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Das Boo posted:

Every time I see "man" Q-Tips there's a distant explosion in my brain.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "man" Q-Tip? I've never heard this before and it sounds dumb as hell.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Oh honey

So basically someone looked at how pink razors are exactly identical to other razors but they're marketed as being somehow "for women" and thereby more expensive, and then thought "oh hell yeah, we can do this to men as well"

ah yes, I was going to save a few cents on the store brand, but this brushed metal plate assures me a spot on the Wall of Tough Guys

Holy poo poo, that's bad. I never really pay attention to MAN©™ products and just buy what's cheap or what I'm used to. I did see Bounce dryer sheets for men and laughed. I just buy fuckin' Snuggle because it smells good.

I'm a dude buying the dryer sheets with a fluffy bear on the cover called Snuggle. COME AT ME, INSECURE BROS.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

We Know Catheters posted:

Elvis is overrated

I used to think the same thing until I heard this song (which I'd never heard before) at random on some SiriusXM channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTMm4NEQc1Q

After hearing it, I could see why people in the fifties thought he was charismatic and a heartthrob (aside from the older folks who thought it was the Devil's music). Dude could sing.

I'd only heard his top hits that are played ad nauseum, and those songs are boring. His B-sides and country stuff is ace. Plus, his sixties and seventies output is fun once you start hearing more of it. I'm still not a huge Elvis fan, but I can appreciate the man and his music and what he did for the music world, so I no longer consider him overrated.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Tony Bologna posted:

Please educate me then.

Sam Cooke - Live at the Harlem Square Club, 1963

Otis Redding - Live in Europe

Donny Hathaway - Live

All good albums (including yours). Not above or beyond what you've stated, but Donny Hathaway's version of Jealous Guy is amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxUSQC-KAHM

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

My cat died in my arms this month and fuuuuck you.

Condolences, my friend. I lost my cat in a similar manner back in October (died with me by his side as I pet him :smith::respek::smith:), and although I've since adopted a new cat, I still think about my previous cat on a rare occasion. Both cats are loving affectionate animals who use the litter box and don't act as yeah I eat rear end says, because he's more like yeah I am an rear end.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Don't forget food.

And fireworks.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I don't see Whataburger anywhere in this conversation about hamburgers :(

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Animal House is great fun but The Blues Brothers is better.

DID YOU GET ME MY CHEEZ WHIZ, BOY?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Pieces are good (but very sweet), but the cups leave a sickening aftertaste that doesn't go away until you brush your teeth or eat foods and drinks that diminish the bad aftertaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

you have to power through the terrible chocolate taste by nibbling around the edges, then you get the one good mostly peanut butter bite

I once got one of these at Big Lots because I'd never seen them before, but it was miles above Reece's.

The chocolate actually tastes like chocolate and not barf!