Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hattie Masters posted:

I think that the last two Saints Row games were lackluster and dissapointing. I played SR1 and enjoyed it, and liked that SR2 was allowed to get a bit silly, a bit self-referential and understood that the main character, by the nature of the game itself, had to be an absolute psychotic loon. But at the same time SR2 was just teetering on that edge of the silly/serious divide that made it absolutely amazing for me. SR3 and 4 just went too far to the silly side, which I know a lot of people loved but I found to just be tedious.

I haven't played the original but I agree about 2 and 4. The Third is where it starts tipping a bit too far but is still absurdly fun. SR4 is just meh because you can immediately to everything and it's in a virtual world so the ridiculousness of your actions aren't as funny as they would be in a "real" setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pick posted:

I agree with this.

I think the entire "comedy by approaching an emotional issue in an unemotional way" genre is tired as hell, and is basically propaganda for autists.

Can you provide an example of that?

PHUO: Voice mail is a cool and good way to convey information. If I leave you one, you should listen to it!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Television is stupid and bad.

Marquee Moon is loving incredible

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Strategic Tea posted:

Just in case anyone thinks this is a normal person's post, it isn't

We also debated it like 8 separate times in the last thread so let's just not.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The television show South Park has slowly evolved from its right wing roots into complete leftist and liberal propaganda, and why anybody should take it seriously at this point is a mystery.

The show that spent an entire season ripping on PC culture just last year is now liberal propaganda. Well alright then.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

:lol: just stop hanging out at shopping centres and watching commercial television all the time what the gently caress man.

Yeah man stop shopping for Christmas.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Blue Star posted:

We're about to enter a Dark Age for LGBT rights in the U.S. Hope you enjoyed 2014, 2015, and 2016, because that poo poo's going bye-bye in 2017. If you're an LGBT person above a certain age, prepare for the rest of your life to loving suck.

This is an extremely popular opinion.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Has Trump said anything against the LGBT community? Not a bait question, I honestly don't know.

He chose one of the most aggressively anti-LGBT politicians in America as his VP.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Countries where seasons don't start at the beginning of the month are dumb. Seasons are pretty much arbitrary anyway so you may as well make it convenient and start them at fixed three month intervals on the first of the month.

They're based on the Earth's rotation, which seems anything but arbitrary.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

bean_shadow posted:

In his 60 Minutes interview Trump was asked about gay marriage and he said that the Supreme Court has already decided about it, so it stays. But who knows. He constantly flip-flops.

Including the same interview, where he said he would repeal Roe v Wade.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

also lol if you think fake news is something only conservatives fall for

just lol

Liberals do but not to the same degree or to news that's as obviously BS. One of those guys who brags about making fake news even said they're too likely to fact check things.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

hard counter posted:

That's dumb, did Trump provide a rationale or explain how he was going to do it? Even as an unpopular-opinion-having ~*pro-lifer*~ I think the only long term way of 'attacking' the issue is through better sexual education, better availability of protection/contraceptives, better independent support systems for young kids, etc, etc, etc as a means of making the issue as obsolete as possible indirectly without touching legality. There's not much else you can meaningfully do to confront with the underlying causes and just outright rendering it illegal doesn't address the situation or even stop it from happening to a significant degree. You can't even regulate validity of reason either, a person is much more aware of the particulars involved their personal circumstances and involving the state to make a decision on their behalf when the matter involves intangibles like fitness of parenthood, potential quality of life, moral obligation in non-consensual pregnancy etc is insane imuo. I'm not sure what Trump's angle of attack would be here since the majority favor it anyway.

Haha, of course he didn't

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Power_of_the_glory posted:

All this blame on fake news, Comey, Bernie Bros, Alt-right, racism, and Russia propaganda narratives are being pushed hard by the Democratic Party establishment because they refuse to take responsibility for their failures.

It's almost like there are a variety of reasons that lead to people voting one way or another and blaming it on any one thing is really dumb

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Although i love the holidays and the whole Santa thing, I'm the only person in my immediate and extended family who thinks we shouldn't pretend Santa is real with my kid.

But then your kid will ruin Santa for everyone else.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Do most people have personal memories of believing in Santa and that being good? Because I can't remember that far back, so all I've got is memories of knowing that Santa wasn't real but that you shouldn't say that because adults seemed to be really invested in kids believing it for some reason. As far as I can remember, it's never seemed like a good thing to me.

Yes. And I swear this username was just a random thing I came up with in 6th grade and has no meaning.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

sounds like what an ELF WOULD SAY

I'm mostly Jewish!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Santa Claus is Comin to Town tries to normalize a surveillance state.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

Yo, sup?

Let It Be is a boring lovely garbage album that should have stayed in the vaults instead of having Phil Spector gussy it up and release it. Even the surviving Beatles approved "closer to what they envisioned" Naked version blows rear end, along with the Let It Be movie. Should have left it at Abbey Road, as The End (barring Her Majesty) was a great sendoff for the group.

I was worried at first that this was about the Replacements album of the same name and we would have to throw down.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

doverhog posted:

If Jews are not a race what does that mean for all the atheist ones?

It's an ethnicity :haw:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
For all your questions on what Jews are, please consult my favorite long Wikipedia article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_is_a_Jew%3F

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tarantula posted:

News shouldn't give up time for sports, I tuned in to learn what's going on in the world not some uninteresting crap about some twat making their first century. Public funds shouldn't be spent on sports unless it's things like public grounds everybody can use. Sports fans are really sensitive to criticism for some weird reason, and lastly Russian dashcams are boring, I get why people watch them but there is something about Russian ones I just find unappealing.

There's a growing wave of sports fans who realize that public funding for stadiums is really dumb (San Diego just told the Chargers to gently caress off) but it's still a minority.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

So the Chargers are moving to LA to fail in 6 seasons like the Rams?

More like two seasons but yes. And the Raiders are moving to Vegas for similar reasons.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

I find it really weird that newspapers and TV news shows have sports segments. It's like if they had a whole segment recapping whatever happened on TV last night. It's entertainment, not news. If I want to watch it, I'll watch it, not read about it later.

Newspapers do have entire sections on entertainment

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Sports are literally the only thing keeping local newspapers alive.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I liked Donnie Darko but everyone whose favorite movie is Donnie Darko is hosed up.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
loving Ta-Nehesi Coates writes Black Panther now and the idea of him being a mental teenager is laughable.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grandmother of Five posted:

huh. i thought some scenes with her were re-constructed, digital stuff, for some reason. it is definitely a lot less weird in that case, but the whole need for continuity/canon in fictional universes that you see a bunch in fantasy & sci-fi is weird to me still. i get that a lot of money is on the line & it makes sense to make big contract with actors like that have some kind of clause about using their likeliness is OK, but it still comes across as off-putting, as if the fictional character is more important than the person behind it.

She has one scene in the entire movie and she says one word. It's a digital effect but she only died yesterday so obviously it's not necromancy. Tarkin was necromancy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

bean_shadow posted:

Cracked is not that bad of a site. I don't think that's an unpopular opinion as a whole since it gets traffic but goons seem to hate it.

It's good bus ride/toilet reading

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Kardashians are actually fine, and most people who hate them don't have a good reason. In fact, this almost makes them cool (and Kim at least seems to have become more than a bland reality star, using her platform to address important issues like the Armenian Genocide and Taylor Swift being a phony).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Aramek posted:

That reminds me of all the people on the internet who have totally legitimate (wink wink) reasons they hate Kanye that have nothing to do with race (wink wink).

Racists have ruined the word uppity. Just flat out ruined it.

There are lots of legitimate reasons to hate Kanye as a person but people let it affect their opinions on his music (which they often haven't actually heard) to an extreme degree.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Aramek posted:

Sorry, I wasn't accusing any of you of anything, that came out poorly. There's just a lot of people that get mad about hip hop because "it's all about drugs and sex and disrespecting women" while in the same breath excusing all the same poo poo from a lot of rock bands because "they seem more genuine and likeable" and white.

The best is when people call Kanye West a gangsta, which is like calling Minor Threat a bunch of drug-fueled lunatics.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

bean_shadow posted:

There are a few images floating around that show the Kardashians and lamenting on why none of them have died this year.

That's what inspired me to make that post! Those people also complain about Justin Bieber, but unless you're going to high school dances all the time there's no reason to even be exposed to Justin Bieber more than once in a great while.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Personally I think he's a great producer, middling MC. For every great line he has two that are just embarrassing, and he should stop trying to sing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I thought pretty much everyone agreed that rapping was Dre's weakest skill and that he didn't write his own lyrics anyway. He's basically the co-lead on his own iconic album.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It seems to me like half of the MCU movies have gotten a collective shrug from critics but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Spotlight was excellent

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Gravy is gross in general

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jastiger posted:

If you have a storm door and a regular door and you lock your storm door, you are riff raff. Kill you are self if on top of that you dont have a door bell.

I have never even encountered this

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Twitter is also extremely funny if you know where to look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

It's pretty weird how pretty much every wrestler from the last 20 years is either dead from suicide or in jail. Except for The Rock.

Many of them are dead from the effects of substance abuse!